Trance, Rave, House Music, Progressive...

hotchic_primrose

HEY HITMAN..ITS SAD TO HEAR WHEN YOU LOOK DOWN AT THOSE AMATEUR DJ'S BACK THEN...

DJ'S HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE..PAUL VAN DYKE STARTED AS AN AMATEUR IN BERLIN AND ALSO WITH TIESTO ...AS I SED WE SHOULD SUPPORT THE SCENE ..NOT THE FILIPINO CRAP THING OK...

ITS JUST MUSIC...

ANYWAYS ...FYI..89 DMZ..WAS OWNED OR SEQUESTERED BY THE GOVERMENT..IT BELONGED TO THE MARCOS PEEPS BEFORE..THEN QUEST BROADCASTING ACQUIRED IT.

THE PROBLEM WITH RADIO IS GENERATING INCOME...SALES..SALES..SALES...

AND ONE OF MY PEEPS JUST TOLD ME DAYS AGO THAT BLAZIN 105.9 THE ONLY HIP HOP STATION IN METRO MANILA IS VIRTUALY OWN NOW BY THE GUITAR MAN RJ JACINTO'S RAJA BROADCASTING..

BLAZIN HAS A PROBLEM WITH SALES...

BEING UNDERGROUND RADIO I THINK ITS IMPOSSIBLE UNLESS YOU ARE TONY COQUANCO WHO OWNS DREAM FM.

COME TO THINK OF IT..IF YOUR RADIO BROADCASTS 24 HOURS WITH A THE POWER OUTPUT OF 50000 WATTS!!!, CAN YOU FIGURE IT OUT HOW MUCH MERALCO WILL CHARGE YOU?

HEHEHEHEHE..THAT WHY RADIO STATION DIES...WHEN THERE'S NO SALES...

I DONT THINK WE CAN EXPECT MORE WITH 107.9...AS I HAVE SED...THIER SIGNAL COVERAGE IS ONLY THE CAVITE TAGAYTAY AREA...THEY HAVE NO RIGHT IN MANILA...

BUT I WILL SUPPORT THEM...

I JUST WISH THEY WILL SOUND LIKE RADIO ONE..IN LONDON...

I also hope 107.9 Underground Radio does not go the way of 89DMZ of the 1990s.

89DMZ degenerated into over-commercialized dance music which were cheap remixes of pop songs and amateur DJs and wannabe DJs.

It was sold off in 1999 I think.  It's now Wave 89.1 which has the same owner as Jam 88.3, Magic 89.9, 94.7 Mellow Touch, 103.5 K-Lite and 99.5RT

HEY HITMAN..ITS SAD TO HEAR WHEN YOU LOOK DOWN AT THOSE AMATEUR DJ'S BACK THEN...

I got nothing against amateur DJs. Everybody's gotta stat somewhere. It's just that some of them try too hard in 89DMZ days. The least 89DMZ could have done was invite professional DJs at certain times of the week and not get stuck with amateurs all the time.

But then again 89DMZ did not have the budget for guest pro DJs

I got nothing against amateur DJs.  Everybody's gotta stat somewhere.  It's just that some of them try too hard in 89DMZ days.  The least 89DMZ could have done was invite professional DJs at certain times of the week and not get stuck with amateurs all the time.

But then again 89DMZ did not have the budget for guest pro DJs

I AGREE WITH YOU WITH THAT POINT..HITMAN..I ALSO NOTICED THAT DURING THOSE TIMES ONLY LOCALS AND RADIO CELEBRITY DJ'S WERE GUESTED..I THINK THE INTERNATIONAL DJ'S WERE NOT IN THIER THOUGHTS..

WELL...ALSO THAT TIME..DANCE MUSIC WAS NOT REALLY THAT BIG....IT WAS ALL COMMERCIAL DANCE...

AND I GEZ THATS ONE OF THE REASON DJ JOHN ROBINSON LEFT THE COUNTRY..HEHEHEHEHEHE.....

AND I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA TO INVITE INTERNATIONL PINCHADISCO SO OUR PEEPS WILL BE EDUCATED..,,,

THE RUPIAH FACTOR

If you swallow six ecstacy pills, you will have an overdose. So, could this mean that there is a safe dosage for a drug that’s declared to be illegal?

Reading the article “Tiesto Fan Dead” kinda shocked me. All I thought was that it was just due to a stampede, but I was wrong! What shocked me more was reading the attendance figures and not the e thing! An estimated of 28,000 people attended Tiesto’s gig in Indonesia? Yes 28,000 people! Whatta? Could this mean that a country that is politically and economically more unstable than us and well known as the biggest Islamic Republic (well, we all know most Muslim countries despise the cultures of the west) has a better Electronica scene than Las Islas Pilipinas?

His gig Manila was just held in small venue which I think has a capacity of only 3,000 or shall I say less than that. But it was a big event and a HISTORIC ONE if you will compare it to synonymous ones but of diffrent DJs!

This gave me another realization that the scene in Manila is really lagging compared to other countries especially among developed ones. But comparing with Indonesia makes me think that they really have a healthy scene there and that economics is not really a factor! "Ano ba ang lamang ng Indonesia sa atin.?" Do Muslim clerics recite their Allah praises in a very TRANCE-ish way? Could it be that it was “over-sponsored” that it affected the ticket price. Nahhhh .. I guess not.

Maybe we should just change our currency to Rupiah.

In Search of Sunrise 5 tour, Asia, 2006

I am currently on the plane flying back to Amsterdam after almost a whole month in Asia. I had never been on a tour like this so I didn't know what was waiting for me over there. Hereby, a summary of my experiences.

It started with an epic show at the Formula One race in Kuala Lumpur on March 18th. This was the biggest production ever for a dance event in Asia. The stage looked amazing and the party itself was super! Then in Japan I finally had a good show at a venue called Ageha. before this show I played 3 times in Japan but somehow my performances always tanked. This time everything was perfect: an energetic crowd and a great show!

Then, after WMC Miami I went on to Manila, which was great as well. The funniest thing of this show was my entrance to the DJ booth. I was waiting outside the venue on the street and could only hear the beat of the DJ playing before me. Then they opened the door and I walked right into the DJ booth and started playing. It's like going from 0 to 60 miles an hour in 5 seconds!

In Seoul people were completely crazy and 2 guys tried to run through the plasma screens!! That didn't really work well so they had to carry one person off the stage to the medical post. I heard later that the guy confused the plasma screens for a curtain so he thought he could run through it.

After that night I went on to Hong Kong which is a great city. We had a couple days off there so we had time for shopping. The DJ gig was in the smallest place I have played in years but the atmosphere was great: a very nice and intimate party.

We drove to China for a 5 day tour with our suitcases stuffed with sneakers and electronic gadgets. This tour through China was an experience. Every night the clubs where I played were rammed with 85 % Chinese and 15% European crowd. The atmosphere was amazing and my personal highlight was a visit to Beijing where we had a day off to look around the city. Check out the pictures under the gallery on my website. China is huge and it was interesting to see how fast this country is developing and catching up with the rest of the world.

Then I went on to Thailand for a great club gig right in the center of Bangkok. The crowd was amazing and the people in general in Bangkok are super friendly! I was lucky to be there during Thai New Year. The funniest thing is that people run around for three days getting each other soaking wet with baskets and waterguns full of ice water .This all for good luck. I think the whole world should do this ritual once a year, it's great, fun and very positive.

Then I played the opening of new club Ministry of Sound in Singapore. It's a huge and beautiful club, the best one I have seen in Asia so far! Then, I went on to Taiwan to play a 6000 people venue. The set up was kind of strange because I couldn't hear the music or the people in the room... I was that far from the crowd and that definitely influenced my set. The show was ok and the production was very nice but I felt that if I was closer to the crowd there would have been a better connection between me and them and the whole vibe would have been better that night.

Last but not least, I went to Indonesia, a country that used to be high on my wish list to play! So, first we went to Bali. We visited the elephant temple, Sugar Agung (a very famous local percussionist) and did lots of sight seeing, shopping (again) and sunbathing! In every shop, its manager came up to me and told me to take as much as me and my crew wanted...for free! Tourism in Bali got hit hard after the terrorist attacks. It is a shame because it's such a beautiful island and the people are so nice.

The gig at Double Six was great but there were hardly any Indonesians! It was a place packed with Europeans and Australians. Nothing wrong with that of course but I didn't expected that in Bali. Next day my show in Yogjakarta was cancelled due to heavy rain and thunderstorms. I was supposed to play on the beach in the open air and that was just impossible due to this weather. This was definitely the biggest disappointment of the tour.

Next day in the morning we flew to Jakarta for what would be the biggest show of the tour. Save the best for last, that's what my management must have thought! At the press conference there were already more then a hundred journalists and that night 28,000 people showed up for the show. All I can say is: WOUW!! What an amazing crowd that was! The production was great and the sound system was the best one of the Asian tour. This was definitely my personal favorite gig of the Asian tour but as you can read those were all very good experiences.

I haven't told you everything in total detail because then I can write a whole book just about this tour! But I hope you have an idea about what I experienced here in Asia.

I want to thank all the people who came to the shows, all the promoters and everybody else who helped to make this tour so successful. I hope we can do it again soon. I will never forget this tour in my life!!

Love,

Tiësto

About that OPM HOuse song, it is called "Oh Ano" and the artist is Dondon REnato aka houseboy. It one of the tracks in a Dance compilation called "GOOD HOUSE MUSIC" released by Warner Music. The voice includes a dialogue between Gloria Diaz and Dindo Fernando taken from a movie.

Also check DJ TRavis remix of Hale's The Day you Said goodnight! Here's the link for a free download! :D

http://www.trackupload.com/index.php?act=m...ysong&s_id=1180

DJ BIGS...I GEZ SO..THEY ARE HARDCORE HOUSE OR SOMETING...

IM SELLING STUFF TOO..

HEY DJ THE MOVIE

BEACH BOUTIQE BY FATBOY..(TAKE NOTE : HE PLAYED THE SONG FROM THAT MOVIE WITH DI CAPRIO...DJ'S ARE INNOVATIVE!!!)

TIESTO ..ANOTHER DAY IN THE OFFICE

MUCH RESPECT

DJ BIGS...I GEZ SO..THEY ARE HARDCORE HOUSE OR SOMETING...

IM SELLING STUFF TOO..

HEY DJ THE MOVIE

BEACH BOUTIQE BY FATBOY..(TAKE NOTE : HE PLAYED THE SONG FROM THAT MOVIE WITH DI CAPRIO...DJ'S ARE INNOVATIVE!!!)

TIESTO ..ANOTHER DAY IN THE OFFICE

MUCH RESPECT

yah ... it was the closing track for the set from all saints.

i'll swap my van buuren dvd with dat hey dj movie.