• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The FASTEST Way to BETTER Cardio

Thought of opening this thread who would want to share and know more about cardio-vascular exercises.

I have tried a variety cardio exercises known to man.. (e.g. treadmill jogs, inclined treadmill walks, circuits, cycling, rowing, cardio-boxing, HIIT) but the most effective (where i lost 20 pounds for 3 months + gained athletic conditioning i had while i was in college) is the HIIT. but of course, this is not for everyone. share nyo cardio activities nyo so everyone can benefit from this.

i will also share to you guys an article i got from the net. hope this is beneficial.

The best cardio exercise and its benefits

Cardio exercise is different to aerobic exercise in that it works the body a little harder encouraging more calories to be burned. The best cardio exercise works the body towards the higher end of the target heart rate. This slightly higher intensity develops a greater physical fitness because the heart, lungs and the whole cardiovascular system must adapt to become stronger.

With a stronger and bigger heart more oxygenated blood, rich in nutrients and energy can be delivered to hard working muscles. A greater lung capacity allows us to exercise for longer durations without that common tired feeling after a workout. A stronger cardiovascular system means more capillaries innervating muscles which delivers more oxygen to each cell enabling them to burn more fat during both exercise and inactivity.

Although cardio exercise burns more calories is it tends to burn a higher percentage of carbohydrates whereas aerobic exercise will burn a greater percentage of fat. However on gaining fitness this can turn around, a fitter person with a resting heart rate of under 60 beats per minute may eventually burn a greater amount of fat even during a cardio exercise workout at a high pace.

Using cardio exercise to gain fitness has many benefits to help lose weight....

Burn fat more efficiently at lower intensities

Increased metabolism

Increased energy levels for more active lifestyle

Increased stamina

Faster recovery after exercise

Improved sleeping habits

Cope with every day stresses & strains

Reduction in moods and depression

The internets leading fitness expert can help develop fast, effective fitness programs!

The best cardio exercise is one which keeps the heart rate at about 80% of maximum for at least 15 minutes. Good examples are rowing, swimming, jogging or workouts that cause moderate sweating. Exercises such as weight training or sprinting are too intense and classed as anaerobic exercises. Its important to monitor target heart rate zone during exercise to keep within correct and safe limits.

bro. my hiit....

for a total of 30 minutes treadmill,

the first 5 minutes is spent, walking briskly (mga 6.0 kph), tapos, increased to 8.0 kph for 3 minutes, tapos sprints mga 13 kph, for 1.5 minutes, sabay, casual jog mga 7.5 kph for around 5 minutes, sabay sprints ulit for 2 minutes, tapos sabay walk for 5 minutes, biglang sprints ulit.... alternates lang sya, up to 30 minutes. the last two minutes are spent on sprints too.

after that, i spend around 15 minutes sa upright bike, in which, 5 minutes are spent on normal pace, 2 minutes on really fast pace, sabay cool down again for another 5 minutes on normal pace.... last two minutes are spent on high pace.

after nyan, cool down na....

i used to do that before when i was really heavy and big. lost around 15 pounds/month then. ngayon, most of my cardios are spent on just maintaining 70% of my heartrate for 45 minutes, to avoid muscle loss.

and i do cardios on alternate days, meaning, i really don't mix strength and resistance training with cardios.

• Like (+1) 1

bc my friend....

HIIT means high intensity interval training. as the name implies, its "high intensity" and "interval". so it means, elevating everything up to the point of "no return", cool down, and elevate again. so it burns more calories and at the same time, strengthens your cardiovascular system.

cardio is just doing your cardio... that's it...

to illustrate. "cardio" is jogging for 30 minutes, HIIT, is a mixture of brisk walking, jogging, running and sprinting for 30 minutes.

:goatee:

I'm totally in agreement with the HIIT programs... I do 20 minuite cardio every morning... get's me up and ready for the day...

Here's the basics of my cardio program:

http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/cardiotraining.asp

Overview:

Warm up the first 2 minutes at Intensity Level 5

Minutes 2-3 move from Intensity Level 5 to 6

Minutes 2-6, 6-10 and 10-14 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 9, maintain for one minute.

Minutes 15-19 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 10 (High Point at Level 10), maintain for one minute.

Minute 20 cool down to Intensity Level 5 for one minute.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ShyGuyCanada "SGC" - MTC's Newest Canadian Badboy! B)

I do treamill ona 13 min duration. 2 1/2 min 6 speed, then 2 min 11 speed. Back to 6 speed for 2 1/2 min then back to 11 speed again.

In Transport, a 10 min exercise. 2 minutes forward motion, then backward for 1 minute, vice versa. On a 3 resistance for the 1st 5 minutes, then 4 in the remaining 5 minutes.

Cardio, I do Taboe once a week on a 1 hour seesion. Talagang pawisan at matinding galaw.

I'm not a big fan of cardio. I keep fit by lifting weights. But I know its something I have to do. I hate being in a gym doing cardio. I do like to ride a bike outside, weather permitting.

In the gym, if you feel tired, all you have to do is stop and get off the machine. Always swearing you will do better next time. When your riding outside and get tired, you can stop, but you still have to ride home. Thereby doubling your ride time. I know its a cheap gimmick, but it works. You'll soon see your endurance increase.

the best cardio workout is swimming

I'm not a big fan of cardio.  I keep fit by lifting weights.  But I know its something I have to do.  I hate being in a gym doing cardio.  I do like to ride a bike outside, weather permitting. 

In the gym, if you feel tired, all you have to do is stop and get off the machine.  Always swearing you will do better next time.  When your riding outside and get tired, you can stop, but you still have to ride home.  Thereby doubling your ride time.  I know its a cheap gimmick, but it works.  You'll soon see your endurance increase.

• 2 weeks later...
the best cardio workout is swimming

have to agree. burns super calories, works every part of your body and most specially, you really do not have to sweat a lot in doing it.

but one hitch though. you really have to be a good swimmer to maximize the benefits of the exercise. ako kasi, i cannot really swim long enough to enjoy it... :)

Well ok gawin ang Cardio outside so as to avoid monotony.. Could be in a form of swimming, jogging or cycling.. But I agree to everybody who said that there should always be interval and variety of intensity.. A lot of books and mags are available in the market.. Mensfitness, Menshealth or Musclemag.

• 3 weeks later...
Well ok gawin ang Cardio outside so as to avoid monotony.. Could be in a form of swimming, jogging or cycling.. But I agree to everybody who said that there should always be interval and variety of intensity.. A lot of books and mags are available in the market.. Mensfitness, Menshealth or Musclemag.

I also agree with the HIIT. Its quite tiring. But you can start slowly. I think it's the best. I've done long distance running, treadmills for 45 minutes, jumprope for 1 hour and even swimming for 2 kms per day. Swimming is nice because it doesn't hurt your joints...kaya lang you're heart rate wont go up unless you sprint also. Another good thing to do is measure your caloric expenditure in a motorized treadmill or transport or stair climber machine. If you can burn at least 2000 calories in a week, it will help you lose a lot of weight. ;)