Concerts

bluechips

Dito pala si Happy Boy!

Plug ko lang for my buddies:

INTOLERANT will be perofrming this Friday, July 25 at TEN 02 Bar along timog (near Sharky's). They'll be joined by other metalheads (dont have the list yet, but i've heard SIn, Bad Burn will be playing also).

I think one of the highlights for the evening will be a performance from our Pinoy friends based in HongKong, SHEPHERDS THE WEAK. SUggest you all try and check them out this Friday. They're a great hardcore band and they truly make us Pinoy's proud back there in HK.

I was with them over the weekend when INTOLERANT and SHEPHERDS THE WEAK performed in HK... and it was a BLAST! those Hong Kong kids (caucasians and chinese) loved both bands... hopefully, our guys from INTOLERANT (Joey Dizon, Pepo Gohu, Russel Dela Cruz and Mic Gallegos) will be able to get a crack and perform in Beijing, Shenzen and Guangzhou and tour with both Shepherds and another HK based band, KING LYCHEE.

Speaking of King Lychee, these guys will be perofrming in Sta Rosa Laguna this July 26 together with Shepherds the Weak. so to all south guys, don't miss this chance and see these HONG KONG based guys perform in our country.

Thanks for reading! I'll plug the posters as soon as i get them....

• 2 weeks later...
Honga peeps, info nman sa U2 concert o, para ma timing ko pag uwi :thumbsupsmiley: ...Cheers

hindi na ata matutuloy ang concert. read it somewhere, they were asking for a place that could house 100k persons. if ever matutuloy daw, definitely not this year.

first off im not a journey fan but im originally from the real OC thats olongapo city :lol: ,revelation was the first cd i bought from them lam nyo na kung baket ...so last night i went to see journey(arnel)in atlanta GA., its a sold out concert small venue though,i was expecting lots of middle age men/women but i was wrong maraming hottie,i was also expecting lots of pinoy pero the place is about 95% caucasian saw two philippine flags though way to represent guys,cheap trick and heart are the front act ang alam ko lang na kanta yung hits nila.

around 9pm eto na sila from the first song arnel(sana magsuot naman sya nang fmcc)he was running,jumping doing splits in the air kala ko mapapagod sya since last night asa north carolina sila but nope he keeps doing his thing,imho kung meron mang nagpunta dun na hinahanap si steve perry eh umuwi sila na bilib kay arnel,meron guy na sumigaw malapit sa akin during open arms sabi nya damn he sounds sooo goood everbody besides him clapped and nodded in agreement...meron pang comment na its unbelievable he sounds so much like him(steve perry) i wished arnel can write one song na sa kanya at mag hit nang husto para wala nang comparison dun sa isa but i know that may be wishful thinking ..they played all the hits and some from the new cd dont ask me about the playlist i just now the hits(did i mention im not a journey fan ;) ) i enjoyed the concert its nice to see a local boy makes it,i hope he is living the rock and roll lifestyle since this kind of opportunity comes only once... kakainggit

hindi na ata matutuloy ang concert. read it somewhere, they were asking for a place that could house 100k persons. if ever matutuloy daw, definitely not this year.

sayang :cry: .....they are really a fr****n cool band from the time they started until now. They may have grown in age but still their an epitome of what "cool" is

Wanted: IDEAS for a ROAD SAFETY CAMPAIGN

A poster was sent in by a Multiply contact of mine named Zyon Aquino. He sent it to me after reading my blog entry about INGAT AVENUE, a series that was focused mainly on motoring safety. (road safety)

Since we also have heard of the senseless act that hurt Tara Bosch-Santelices (the Saffron Speedway guitarist who was shot by a robber who held up the PUV that she was riding on her way home a few days ago) we decided to expand INGAT AVENUE to include even the campaign to promote alertness, smart concern for others, and being more careful when we commute.

Road safety after all means being a respectful motorist, pedestrian and commuter. And we have to be smarter, faster and hopefully stronger than the thieves who roam our streets. As if the Congressman's wang-wang wasn't enough to make us feel road peril.

If you have an idea for a campaign, or a tip to give re: staying safe while on the road driving, crossing or commuting --please post them here. (or email the jpg to ingat@rockedphilippines.org) We can include those tips in the open gig discussion during the 3 gigs mentioned. This gig will be like Rock Ed Radio live in between band performances. We will ask you for suggestions and smart reminders to share with the people in the gig.

Welcome to INGAT AVENUE -- a place with corteous drivers, obedient pedestrians, and considerate commuters.

Pahirapan man lang natin ang mga magnanakaw magnakaw. At pahirapan natin ang mga gagong drayber maging gago. (paano kaya yon?)

-this gig series is brought to you by Route 196, Mogwai, Saguijo, The Backseat Driver of the Philippine Star, Rock Ed Philippines and hosted by Rock Ed Radio ---and proceeds and donations of all three nights will be given to assist in the medical expenses of Tara.

Text by: Gang Badoy

Submitted by: Carlos Garchitorena

**Feel free to copy paste .. Spread the word

post-43356-1218633281.jpg

Edited by `onslaught
thought it's in CCP grounds and there's this thing about getting the ticket

via registering at the marlboro site...can anyone confirm or deny this?

thanks!

Balita ko rin sir. lahat ng kaibigan ko nagregister na rin sa site ng Marlboro. 2 weeks after pa nila nakuha yung confirmation.

Try mo lang sir. wala rin naman mawawala kung sakali. :)

Kelangan lang ata ng scanned copy ng valid ID. ;)

Di daw tuloy EHeads Concert?

Anyway,

http://www.pep.ph/images/guide/a90fc8df5.jpg

The American rock band Boys Like Girls will perform at Alabang Town Center Activity Center on September 3, TriNoma Activity Center on September 5, and Glorietta Activity Center on September 6, 2008.

Courtesy of Ayala Malls

The American rock band Boys Like Girls will arrive in the Philippines this September to perform in select Ayala Malls. The four-man group from Boston, Massachusetts was born way back in November 2005.

The young and vibrant group, composed of Martin Johnson (vocals, guitar), John Keefe (drums, percussion), Bryan Donahue (bass guitar, vocals) and Paul Giovanni (lead guitar, vocals), banded together to showcase music they call their very own. They had a strong start when they landed on the number 1 spot on the unsigned artist chart in 2005. This led to a series of concert tours nationwide and giving birth to their self-titled debut album on August 2006 which sold over 200,000 copies by April 2007.

Boys Like Girls is best known for their songs “The Great Escape” and “Hero/Heroine.”

Catch their powerful performances during a series of Mall tours thanks to Ayala Malls.

Alabang Town Center Activity Center

September 3 at 6:30 P.M.

TriNoma Activity Center

September 5 at 7:00 P.M.

Glorietta Activity Center

September 6 at 5:00 P.M.

third eye blind raw sa friday?!

post-153508-1220413938.jpg

yep :thumbsupsmiley: woot!

here's a plug:

for lotsa booze and fun times this friday, check out San Miguel Oktoberfest 120 days kick-off on September 5 having the longest beer bar (San Miguel Ave. from Julia Vargas to Lourdes St.) with 3rd Eye Blind as the main event/ performance for just the night. A total of 5 stages along the avenue (3rd Eye Blind stage, All Ladies Stage, Reggae Stage, Oktobrew air-conditioned tent, Pop Alternative Stage).

120 bucks get you in as general admission ticket type with 2 pale pilsens. 300 bucks Marquee ticket gets you in to General Admission areas and the Oktobrew Tent plus 3 San Miguel Oktoberfest Beers and Food at the Marquee section. 1500 gives you Gold Ticket all access pass including special viewing section of 3rd Eye Blind's concert plus 2 san miguel pale pilsens, 2 San Miguel Oktoberfest Beers and Food at the Marquee section.

120 days aapaw ang saya, San Miguel Oktoberfest na!

yep :thumbsupsmiley: woot!

here's a plug:

for lotsa booze and fun times this friday, check out San Miguel Oktoberfest 120 days kick-off on September 5 having the longest beer bar (San Miguel Ave. from Julia Vargas to Lourdes St.) with 3rd Eye Blind as the main event/ performance for just the night. A total of 5 stages along the avenue (3rd Eye Blind stage, All Ladies Stage, Reggae Stage, Oktobrew air-conditioned tent, Pop Alternative Stage).

120 bucks get you in as general admission ticket type with 2 pale pilsens. 300 bucks Marquee ticket gets you in to General Admission areas and the Oktobrew Tent plus 3 San Miguel Oktoberfest Beers and Food at the Marquee section. 1500 gives you Gold Ticket all access pass including special viewing section of 3rd Eye Blind's concert plus 2 san miguel pale pilsens, 2 San Miguel Oktoberfest Beers and Food at the Marquee section.

120 days aapaw ang saya, San Miguel Oktoberfest na!

Yeah I was in the area, late na wala pa din masyado tao, kasi nga oktoberfest...hindi septemberfest heheh :rolleyes: Maaga din kasi kami dumaan pero malamang madami na after a few hours.

Anyway isa lang naman alam kong song nila so hindi na din kami tumuloy, pagod na din kasi sabi nga nila this wll be the longest so pwede pa next time...

Yeah I was in the area, late na wala pa din masyado tao, kasi nga oktoberfest...hindi septemberfest heheh :rolleyes: Maaga din kasi kami dumaan pero malamang madami na after a few hours.

Anyway isa lang naman alam kong song nila so hindi na din kami tumuloy, pagod na din kasi sabi nga nila this wll be the longest so pwede pa next time...

septemberfest... hahah. onga naman. ayows.

crowds started to pile up around past 7PM. the venue was filled to the brim. dami rin jologs na naki-soundtrip outside. lol

Edited by jay_lanz