Concerts

bluechips

IVE THE FIRST FAN CONCERT <THE PROM QUEENS> in Manila

spacer.png

Artist: performed all their hits and made the fans (DIVEs) very happy with their appreciation. legit super gaganda ng mga members.

Stage setup: great setup. but kind of normal type for a Kpop show (SKZ and NCT DREAM is my gold standard stage setup).

Overall score: 8.0

• 2 weeks later...

Yuri 2nd Fanmeeting Chapter 2 in Manila

FyF5cHgaMAMfkYX.jpeg.59f3a986f058f4bd60932ff9a009d73d.jpeg

Artist: she performed her one and only solo promoted song, her legendary 1,2 step (2010 kpop fans will remember this), SNSD-Oh!GG's Lil Touch and Hyoyeon's DESSERT. She capped her show with, arguably Girls' Generation's greatest hit, "Gee". enjoyed all of her perfs.

Stage setup: the setup is kind of basic for the venue (New Frontier Theater). even the fanmeet setup is ok. nothing much to talk about. well at least it has side LEDs for zoomed shots to cater to balcony goers.

Fanmeeting segments: I'm not really a fan of fanmeetings as I prefer a full concert (looking at you another Girls' Generation Member, Kim Taeyeon. see you on the 30th) but her secrets are kinda fun but nothing new if you are a frequent fanmeeting goer

Overall score: 7.5 (as i prefer concerts than fanmeetings)

jcr-content.jpg.590cee33bf9b60831ffc94fc59599c47.jpg

Artist: THE BOYZ is really talented, may mga pogi din na members to please the pogi hunters na fans. They have songs reminiscent of 2nd gen kpop so a fun watch for me. Di lang talaga ako fan to be that fully invested on the show. What hits me is the ment (talk) part. A member mentions the struggle of getting VIP tickets, being on front row and how long fans queue for that opportunity. I think in some way, I appreciate the acknowledgement he gave to those hardworking fans. Makes it worth more.

Stage setup: on par or slighty less than TDS2 (NCT DREAM) and Maniac (Stray Kids) concert. Lasers are the bomb! This is KOREAN STAGE PRODUCTION is. PH concerts should follow suit (oo mahal yung setup but will definitely amped up the experience)

Overall score: 7 (binuhat ng stage setup, I'm not into boy groups din naman talaga)

Super Junior Fan Party in Manila

super-junior-fan-party-mnl-062123.jpg.5ac677c1acd44d3f7b4b3fda7c023dec.jpg

Artist: The premiere Kpop group in the Philippines. They’re the first kpop act to do a solo concert (FT Island did a fanmeet before them) in the PH. If my memory serves me right, this will be their first fanmeeting in PH and wow what a night. Their variety skills are in full display during the talk segments. And their performances was still fun to watch.

Stage: One of the best stage design I’ve seen this year with the LED, lights and stage design. TDS2 will still be the best though. But this show’s was also nice.

Overall: 8.2 (one of the best fanmeetings I’ve attended ever)

JAEJOONG - J Concert in Manila

358675889_258232856947978_4931668456932932251_n.jpg.webp.32a78f036a99230b711a4e53a27418c7.webp

Artist: if you know Kpop on late 2000s, you'll know that he is the TOP IDOL. Visuals and Vocals combined. he rocked the stage and the fans goes wild. had some awesome moments with the fans too. didn't know much of his solo songs but really enjoyed it overall. his performance level is top notch.

Stage: overall setup was nice for a non-extended stage. lights are OK. not bad not great just ok. loved the band setup.

Overall: 8.5 (always a pleasure watching one of the legends in South Korean music scene)

Side note: Always Keep The Faith. I still wish to see DB5K in my lifetime.

TAEYEON - The Odd of Love in Manila

FyOguWzacAE1HUn-min.jpeg.2daa386036cd28fe887c4011562aa38a.jpeg

Artist - One of the best soloist in South Korea. She owned every stage on her show last night in Manila. It's Tayeon. I don't need to say anything (probably on par with IU in terms of showmanship).

Stage setup - Probably the best stage setup for any female artist I've seen. The lights. The lasers. Everything synced to the beat of the live band (yes, live band). The lights really helped translate the feelings of her ballads. Kudos to the production team.

Overall - 9.5 (probably on par with my score with IU's Love Poem concert last 2019)

On 6/18/2023 at 7:27 AM, bbmacdo said:

IVE THE FIRST FAN CONCERT <THE PROM QUEENS> in Manila

spacer.png

Artist: performed all their hits and made the fans (DIVEs) very happy with their appreciation. legit super gaganda ng mga members.

Stage setup: great setup. but kind of normal type for a Kpop show (SKZ and NCT DREAM is my gold standard stage setup).

Overall score: 8.0

Especially wonyoung and leeseo super ganda in person

1 hour ago, mtan888 said:

Especially wonyoung and leeseo super ganda in person

my comment for wonyoung is siya yung pinaka magandang 4th gen idol. as in if you are looking at visuals alone. ibang iba. siya pinaka sikat na member pero siya din yung pinaka magaling magfanservice. no wonder super sikat niya. 

On 8/1/2023 at 2:45 PM, bbmacdo said:

my comment for wonyoung is siya yung pinaka magandang 4th gen idol. as in if you are looking at visuals alone. ibang iba. siya pinaka sikat na member pero siya din yung pinaka magaling magfanservice. no wonder super sikat niya. 

True agree ako dyan

Tomorrow x Together - Act: Sweet Mirage in Bulacan

FvBKILiaMAAO0wo.jpeg.7901bb8a6e10450fb6c349f649a810c0.jpeg

Artist - one of the best korean acts today. energetic. fun to watch. definitely chill to watch. most of their songs are not too loud. i can describe their songs as Happy Time. worth the watch definitely.

Stage setup - large LED setup (it's PH Arena). good lights. one of the best stage setup I saw. di nauubusan ng confetti haha.

Venue - VENUE SUCKS BIGTIME. Malayo. Mainit (no airconditioned place to chill). Minimal food options. Matagal makalabas after ng show. I don't get din bakit sobrang mahal pa din ng tickets ng shows na ginaganap dito e ang laki ng capacity ng venue na to than MOA Arena (this one is more expensive than the MOA Arena show they had last year). Greedy organizers I guess.

Overall - 9.2 (could have been 9.7 but ticket price for the venue capacity sucks big time)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...