Cold Cuts na Halo Halo

Lechon Macao

White Chicken with Mustard Sauce

Pancit Canton Guisado

Camaron Rebosado

Diced Chicken with Green Peas and Cashew

Pata Tim

Yang Chow Fried Rice

Standard Menu ng Father ko pagkumain kami sa T.Pinpin nuong bata pa ako.

Dagdag ko pala ang Pinsec Frito at Lychees with Almond Jelly.

For everything mga 40.00 Pesos lang kasama San Miguel beer para sa kanya at Soft Drink para sa admin mga anak. Ang Mommy ko, hot tea lang.

Btw, sa Pilipinas lang ang gumagamit ng SOFT DRINK. Minsan sa America nagtanong ako sa waiter, what soft drinks do you have? Tinignan lang ako. Yun pala ang tawag sa kanila ay SODA.

Edited by maninmotion

My late grandmother, madalas yun sa may Aranque sya namimili. Isa sa mga lagi kong inaabangan na luto nya yung pata with sibut, na minsan naman duck or manok tagalog ang gamit pag hindi pata. Tapos sasamahan pa nya ng litid ng baka Na binibili pa nga nya sa Aranque. Panalo!

Now that you mentioned it, this is truly the epitome of a sentimental food for me. PAKSIW NA PATA, my father's favorite. My father did not cook but when it comes to paksiw na para, he was the one who would cook and stew it. It was one of our family's favorites. In fact last week, I bought some from a carenderia near my place and made "timpla" to taste the way my father did it. My father's recipe tasted more like Chinese Asado because it had star anise, cloves, bay leaf, black pepper, brown sugar, dried oregano leaves, and "bulaklak ng saging". We ate this with sliced Vidalia onions and patis. The thick sauce on steamed rice was already a meal in itself.

Now that you mentioned the possibility of substituting DUCK, FREE RANGE NATIVE CHICKEN or BEEF TENDON for the PATA, these ingredients would work with the recipe and will give it a new twist. The key is to stew or slow cook the whole thing until the meat of the duck or chicken falls off the bone tender and the beef tendon gives the sauce the needed aspic consistency and taste. This can be garnished with whole stalk of fresh green leeks and cilantro (wansoy). This would be a lovely recipe.

Now that you mentioned it, this is truly the epitome of a sentimental food for me. PAKSIW NA PATA, my father's favorite. My father did not cook but when it comes to paksiw na para, he was the one who would cook and stew it. It was one of our family's favorites. In fact last week, I bought some from a carenderia near my place and made "timpla" to taste the way my father did it. My father's recipe tasted more like Chinese Asado because it had star anise, cloves, bay leaf, black pepper, brown sugar, dried oregano leaves, and "bulaklak ng saging". We ate this with sliced Vidalia onions and patis. The thick sauce on steamed rice was already a meal in itself.

Now that you mentioned the possibility of substituting DUCK, FREE RANGE NATIVE CHICKEN or BEEF TENDON for the PATA, these ingredients would work with the recipe and will give it a new twist. The key is to stew or slow cook the whole thing until the meat of the duck or chicken falls off the bone tender and the beef tendon gives the sauce the needed aspic consistency and taste. This can be garnished with whole stalk of fresh green leeks and cilantro (wansoy). This would be a lovely recipe.

Wow, and this just made me visually hungry. The Beef Tendon can be bought in packs.

Oh, plus sea cucumber for chopsuey too. Making it all the more authentic Chinese. My Mom was the next to acquire how my grandmother does her cooking. My Mom still keeps that hardbound old Chinese cookbook. Seeing my grandmother cook, kamukha pa nya yung lady na pinapalabas sa tv who also cooks. Yung mabilis magluto at magsalita. Hehehe..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My mom's Tokwa with Tausi. She's almost a horrible cook, and she hates tokwa, but she does this dish with utter perfection.

Also, my tita's ginisang bagoong. Inaadobo muna niya yung baboy bago niya gisahin ang alamang. Ang bango niya pag natapos lutuin. Sarap ipares sa Sukang Paombong tapos ang ulam ay tinapang galunggong.

Wala nang diyeta-diyeta. hahaha!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...