- back to hong kong twice

- toronto and its environs

- winnipeg

- niagara falls

- halifax, nova scotia

- ottawa

- washington, d.c.

- chicago

going back to winnipeg on wednesday, then to new york city at the end of the month. thinking of spending a couple of weeks either in madrid, spain + london, uk, or rome, italy + vatican city for the coming summer.

Edited by hexagonzo
  • 2 months later...

visited :

- Osaka, , Kyoto, Tokyo Japan

- Bangkok and Phuket Thailand

- Malaysia

- Singapore

- Fiji

- The Great Barrier Reef (also in Australia)

- Sydney, Gold Coast and Birisbane Australia

- Bali

- In Pinas of course - too many to mention :D

next on my list :

- HK and Macau

- Europe

- LA , New York and Vegas baby! :)

- Egypt

- Machu Picchu trek

- South African Safari

- Brazil

Edited by wicked_vixen
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So far I have visited the following places in the country:

Rizal- The view of the Pililla Wind Farms makes the more than 3 hours journey from Manila worth it.

San Fernando Pampanga- Been here only for a few hours for business.

Albay, Bicol (Legazpi and Tabaco) - The view of Mayon as you make your way from Legazpi to Tabaco is priceless (Legaspi and Tabaco is located on the opposite side of Mayon, so to travel from Legazpi you have to go around Mayon). To Do List: Try the Chili Ice Cream, RTV, hiking at Mayon Volcano to the Rest House, Go to St. John Parish Church in Tabaco, Try Fresh Pili Nuts (FYI you can also eat the outer meat when you cook the entire fruit) and of course the preserved version which is cheapest at Tabaco City Wet Market.

Cebu- The people are friendly and the city has the conveniences of the metro but still has that charm of the province. But in my experience it helps to learn some basic Bisaya. Visited Basillica Sto. Niño, Fort San Pedro, Magellan's Cross, Window Shopping at Colon Street.

Tacloban- At first I was hesitant to go but duty calls so I was there for a few days, it is amazing to see how resilient the people of Tacloban are and most of the infrastructures are rebuilt, but you can still see some of the damage left by the storm on the outskirts of the city.

Dumaguete- Very nice place, people are friendly, though you should be aware that the tricycle at the airport charge higher than those outside, much better to walk a short distance to the main road if you are not carrying a lot of luggage. Tried the following: Eat at Atong Camilig, try their Buco Halo Halo, Dessert at Sans Rival, must try their sylvanas and Coffee Amercano. Lastly, walking along Dumaguete Boulevard while watching Dumaguete Bay.

My Mindanao Travel: Landed in Davao, traveled by bus, van and RORO to the following places, then took the plane back to Manila in Zamboanga City.

Davao: a very lively city and very peaceful, we tried walking at 12am just to experience it, hehe, We really felt safe here. Stayed for a few days. To Do list: Shop at Aldevinco, my friend got a lot of bargains. Food Trip at the night market along Roxas Boulevard, tried the famous Durian but so far the exotic taste is not for me. Shopping for a wide assortments of durian candies and pastries at Apo ni Lola Durian Delicacies and Lola Abon's Durian Candy Factory and lastly inuman at Jack's Ridge while overlooking Davao City.

Butuan: Been here only for a few hours for business.

C.D.O.- Good place, stayed here for the weekend and went around the wet market. Visited Local Cathedral and SM CDO. The movie rates at Gaisano is lower and the experience is quite nice.

Ozamis: stayed only for a few hours. Took the RORO.

Pagadian: Stayed for only a few hours en route to Cotabato City

Cotabato City: A very nice place, stayed at Hotel Filipino, the security is quite ok, though the locals don't recommend walking about alone at night. At first I thought this place will be like what you hear in the news but the city is quite peaceful and the people are friendly. Been there 2x already. Tried the bread at Mardonie's and the local delicacy "puso", rice wrapped in banana leaf with bits of chicken inside.

Zamboanga: It was unexpected but I totally fell in love with this city, I visited Fort Pillar and Paseo Del Mar, the locals are very friendly and city is unique blend of history and the conveniences of the metro (lots of malls to choose from). I tried visiting Sta. Cruz Island which has white beaches but unfortunately during that time the sea was a bit turbulent so my trip was cancelled. Will definitely visit the island on my next trip.

That's it for now, planning for a trip outside the country this year, Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Local - i've done some traveling but still not enough to cover the whole country:

Batanes

Most of Luzon, North down to Bicol Region

Palawan - PPC, El Nido, Narra, Roxas, Liminancong

CDO

Cebu

Bohol

Boracay - only once overnight & on business with bosses, so didn't get to enjoy the place

Iloilo

Bacolod

Tacloban

Dapitan

Dipolog

Davao

Ozamis

General Santos

Iligan

Zamboanga

Edited by guwardiya
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to Paris, France and to Rome and Venice this past May. I plan to return to Paris since 1 week is not enough for that beautiful place

Kewl! ;)

That's on my Travel Bucket List. ;)

Places I have been to:

International

Australia: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne

USA: Guam, Hawaii, California, San Diego/LA, Las Vegas (with my parents)

Singapore

HK ... but only for "lay over"/connecting flight from Manila to Brisbane

Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea ... coz I grew up there since I was 3 & 1/2 yrs old

Local

Baguio

Cebu ... with family

Palawan

Puerto Galera

Antipolo

Tagaytay ... Balai Isabel, Sky Ranch

Cavite ... mainly coz my sister lives there but not really gone to the tourist spots

Laguna ... am from here. ;) Nuvali, Sta Rosa ... :)

My Travel Bucket List:

Some popular Europe destinations: France, Spain, Italy, Venice, England

Asian spots: Bali (Twin Towers), HK

NZ

Fiji

US: Washington, Seattle, Boston, Chicago, NY

Edited by Barenaked-NoMre

Kewl! ;)

That's on my Travel Bucket List. ;)

Places I have been to:

International

Australia: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne

USA: Guam, Hawaii, California, San Diego/LA, Las Vegas (with my parents)

Singapore

HK ... but only for "lay over"/connecting flight from Manila to Brisbane

Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea ... coz I grew up there since I was 3 & 1/2 yrs old

Local

Baguio

Cebu ... with family

Palawan

Puerto Galera

Antipolo

Tagaytay ... Balai Isabel, Sky Ranch

Cavite ... mainly coz my sister lives there but not really gone to the tourist spots

Laguna ... am from here. ;) Nuvali, Sta Rosa ... :)

My Travel Bucket List:

Some popular Europe destinations: France, Spain, Italy, Venice, England

Asian spots: Bali (Twin Towers), HK

NZ

Fiji

US: Washington, Seattle, Boston, Chicago, NY

Additional for My Travel Bucket List:

Cebu ... AGAIN, but this time w/ KL! :) For this CUMing Dec ... :rolleyes:

Visited:

-France (Paris and Lourdes), Italy (Rome), Germany (Marburg, Cologne, Berlin), Switzerland (Geneva and Zurich), Belgium (Brussels), Luxembourg (ditto), The Netherlands (Amsterdam and Rotterdam), Greece (Athens), Austria (Vienna), The Vatican City, The People's Republic of China (Hong Kong and Macau), Thailand (Bangkok), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Singapore (ditto), UAE (Dubai), Qatar (Doha), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Jeddah and Taif), Egypt (Cairo)

Mostly in my teen years, looking forward to adding much more or revisiting the places to really check them out.

Locally?

Just a handful. Baguio, Tagaytay, Clark and Batangas mostly, Cebu, and Coron, Palawan. I'd like to really travel more locally.

Might've missed a couple. Oh well.

Edited by MrChase
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...