What are your all-time favorite movies?

ditto on all the things you said... sa daredevil what's missing siguro is more screen time for Elektra... sayang yun character na yun... lam ko naman na papatayin siya eh pero sana they concentrated more on matt and elektra's romance...

Also a fan LOTR, Matrix.

Good movie din yun Catch Me If You Can

What I'm also waiting for is League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, X2 and Hulk (he's huge sa movie... king kong sized ata siya)

I did like the latest LOTR flik, being a tolkien fan myself. Pero medyo nainis ako na may binago sila. The decision to go to Helm's Deep wasnt a mistake. /nagmukha tuloy engot na king si theoden. isa pa yung kay faramir. Pero yun ang trip ng director eh. <_<

Anyway, its still a great film and i cant wait for the last release.

I've got an Extended LOTR FOTR DVD here. :D It's fun. I won't buy the LOTR TTT DVD when they release it, I'll also buy the TTT Extended when it comes out.

The Hulk looks exciting, but of course you won't get too much excitement if you know the character is too much of a CGI based guy.

X2 seems to be as corny as the 1st one. I like the X-Men cartoons better hehe!

Spider-man 2's leading villain is said to be "Dr. Octopus". There's lots of Spidey fans who like this guy, but no one else can beat Venom. I wish he'll just be the one on the 2nd movie.

Did you know that the LOTR Fellowship of the Ring has the most movie mistakes/screw ups in a movie?

Check out http://www.movie-mistakes.com/

You'll realize those movies aren't as perfect as you wished. :D

X2 seems to be as corny as the 1st one. I like the X-Men cartoons better hehe

i for one can't stand the X-men movie, it was such a letdown. that movie shoulda been titled "wolverine and the mutants" :lol:

kinda disappointed with daredevil too. i found it dragging at times and i didnt like how they visually portrayed daredevil's "radar sense" - just too confusing and just muddles the action scenes. wish kevin smith wrote and directed it - he would have done a much better job at it.

I did like the latest LOTR flik, being a tolkien fan myself. Pero medyo nainis ako na may binago sila. The decision to go to Helm's Deep wasnt a mistake. /nagmukha tuloy engot na king si theoden. isa pa yung kay faramir. Pero yun ang trip ng director eh.

am also a tolkein fan and am very satisfied with the way peter jackson has been handling his masterpiece. not often do you see an adaptation handled with such care and respect for the material that it was based on. though i agree with you that there are some inconsistencies and omissions from the book, generally speaking, i can live with it. wouldnt it be cool if peter jackson eventually made the hobbit and silmarillon into movies too :D

What I'm also waiting for is League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, X2 and Hulk (he's huge sa movie... king kong sized ata siya)

wow! didnt know that there was a league of extraordinary gentlemen movie on the way - wow! cant wait to see that movie! just did a search on the movie and james robinson is one of the screenwriters - one of my all-time favorite comicbook writer along with alan moore of course. :)

i finally finished watching seven, great movie directed by david fincher. if youre into murder, mystery and serial killers this is the movie for you. i highly recommend it.

i finally finished watching seven, great movie directed by david fincher. if youre into murder, mystery and serial killers this is the movie for you. i highly recommend it.

Ok nga pare yung seven. a bit on the dark side but a good movie nonetheless.

Btw, anybody here like guy ritchie films, e.g. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. Funny pare. Didn't understand a single word they said, with their cockney accent and all, but i couldn't help laughing all throughout the films. This is a good movie to watch on a friday night while drinking a few beers and downing some chicken wings.

Ok nga pare yung seven. a bit on the dark side but a good movie nonetheless.

Btw, anybody here like guy ritchie films, e.g. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. Funny pare. Didn't understand a single word they said, with their cockney accent and all, but i couldn't help laughing all throughout the films. This is a good movie to watch on a friday night while drinking a few beers and downing some chicken wings.

ive tried watching lock stock and two smoking barrels but i cant seem to muster enough willpower to finish the damn movie :lol: kinda hard to follow all the banter with that cockney accent that they use. maybe i should take your advice and drink a few beers while watching this flick to finally understand what their talking about. heck, i might even start speaking with a cockney accent after drinking a few :lol: btw, isnt snatch just the american version of lock stock and two smoking barrels?

I've got an Extended LOTR FOTR DVD here. :D It's fun. I won't buy the LOTR TTT DVD when they release it, I'll also buy the TTT Extended when it comes out.

The Hulk looks exciting, but of course you won't get too much excitement if you know the character is too much of a CGI based guy.

X2 seems to be as corny as the 1st one. I like the X-Men cartoons better hehe!

Spider-man 2's leading villain is said to be "Dr. Octopus". There's lots of Spidey fans who like this guy, but no one else can beat Venom. I wish he'll just be the one on the 2nd movie.

Did you know that the LOTR Fellowship of the Ring has the most movie mistakes/screw ups in a movie?

Check out http://www.movie-mistakes.com/

You'll realize those movies aren't as perfect as you wished. :D

- on spiderman 2, the villain is doc ock but i think the villain in the 3rd film is venom.

- i think that website moviemistake.com is not a recommendable source of information coz if u look at the movie "glitter" by mariah carey(which in my opinion is the worst movie ever), it only has few mistakes...which is total BS.

I did like the latest LOTR flik, being a tolkien fan myself. Pero medyo nainis ako na may binago sila. The decision to go to Helm's Deep wasnt a mistake. /nagmukha tuloy engot na king si theoden. isa pa yung kay faramir. Pero yun ang trip ng director eh. <_<

Anyway, its still a great film and i cant wait for the last release.

i agree with you. FOTR is loyal to the book but TTT is not true to the book. For those ppl who have not read the book and already seen the movie, here are some of the inconsistencies:

[Warning: Potential Spoilers]

Merry and Pippin never saw Gandalf in Fangorn. Gollum never saved Frodo from the Dead Marshes. Frodo, Sam and Gollum never went to the capital city of Gondor. Faramir never wanted or threatened to take the One Ring from Frodo. Frodo never offered the One Ring to the Ringwraiths. Frodo never pulled his sword Sting on Sam. Eomer was never banished. Theoden the King never hid from battle. Theoden’s son Theodred never returned to the capital city. Aragorn never fell off a cliff. Aragorn never dreamt about Arwen. The Elves never fought at Helm’s deep and Haldir didn’t died there. Etc. etc. etc.

[End: Potential Spoilers]

overall, this movie is kinda dissappointing if you read the book but i still prefer this movie anytime to harry potter B)

I'm trying to read FOTR right now when I have time, even in the first part there were already lots of differences. Well anyway PJackson obviously changed a lot of stuff, but at least it was still such a great movie. In the case of TTT, I guess they wanted to emphasize the battle and everything with the "10,000" army of Saruman.

I haven't read too much of the TTT yet, although a relative of mine already told me most of those stuff. Oh well, it was still a great movie.

Novels and books have always been different. :D

Movie mistakes covers only screw ups, not the "suckiness" of the movie :D

Example : In TTT, when Eomer met Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli in Riddermark, just right afer Eomer rides his horse and before he says "Look for your friends, but do not trust to hope . . " you'll see his sword slipping down from its "case".

In Titanic, the extras were wearing digital wristwatches or something.

Maybe there's not much "mistakes" that they got in Glitter since only such a few dared to watch it.

Basta check out the site, it's fun but kinda gets boring as you read and read.

e how bout this really funny title of that local sex flick PAG ANG BIGAS NAGING KANIN MAY BUMAYO (did i get it rigth?) what wud they think of next? :D :D :D

but i like last of the mohicans, boys n d hood, braveheart, matrix

how bout those classic films like history of the world kakatawa talaga!

and ohh those mushy films like sleepless in seattle, somekind of wonderful, untamed heart..at ang walang kamatayang GHOST

and those testosterone hyping. two moon junction, basic instinct, 91/2 weeks..and that lady chaterly lover series :D :D :D

ive tried watching lock stock and two smoking barrels but i cant seem to muster enough willpower to finish the damn movie :lol: kinda hard to follow all the banter with that cockney accent that they use. maybe i should take your advice and drink a few beers while watching this flick to finally understand what their talking about. heck, i might even start speaking with a cockney accent after drinking a few :lol: btw, isnt snatch just the american version of lock stock and two smoking barrels?

Hahaha. Labo diba. Napilitan nga akong humiram ng DVD para lang maintindihan. :P

Nope, snatch is a different film altogether. Guy Ritchie did re-use some of the actors though. You should listen to Brad Pitt's accent, it's more f#&ked up that anyone's on the film.

I almost forgot, another must see, Seven Samurai by akira kurosawa.

Hollywood did an adaptation, Magnificent Seven, but it just plain sucks compared to the original.

Another classic would be Ran.

Try borrowing these titles next time your drop by your local video store. You wont be disappointed.

Maybe there's not much "mistakes" that they got in Glitter since only such a few dared to watch it.

well, the mere fact that glitter ever got made was the biggest mistake ever. :evil:

how bout those classic films like history of the world kakatawa talaga!

great comedy flick! only mel brooks' could have thought of making the spanish inquisition into a musical. most famous line in the movie.... "its good to be the king" :lol:

almost forgot, another must see, Seven Samurai by akira kurosawa.  Hollywood did an adaptation, Magnificent Seven, but it just plain sucks compared to the original. Another classic would be Ran.

ah... a fellow kurosawa fan :) magnificent seven really sucked big time even with the inclusion of big name stars in the person of yul bryner and steve mcqueen in the cast. just pales in comparison to the original movie. has anyone seen hidden fortress yet? im trying to get a copy as i heard that this was george lucas's inspiration when he made star wars. an akira kurosawa box set dvd is available in the states featuring four of his masterpieces: the seven samurai, the hidden fortress, yojimbo and sanjuro. check it out

akira kurosawa four samurai classics box set

TITANIC - it was, first and foremost, there to be watched at the right time and place.... will always remind me of graduating from college... of my break-up with (up to then) the greatest love of my life.....

it was very cathartic to me.... watching the ship sink :)

and i loved that, for every time i watched it, i notice a minute detail that was paid attention to (in the making of the film)

My Big Fat Greek Wedding - sobrang funny, sobrang w/ ease ang transition ng scenes

TITANIC - it was, first and foremost, there to be watched at the right time and place.... will always remind me of graduating from college... of my break-up with (up to then) the greatest love of my life.....

it was very cathartic to me.... watching the ship sink :)

and i loved that, for every time i watched it, i notice a minute detail that was paid attention to (in the making of the film)

My Big Fat Greek Wedding - sobrang funny, sobrang w/ ease ang transition ng scenes

"When this ship docks, I’m getting off with you."

"This is crazy."

"I know. It doesn’t make any sense. That’s why I trust it. "

tama ka delisyus. titanic was there to be watched at the right time and place. ewan ko pero andami ding mga kakilala ko na nagustuhan yung TITANIC kasi naaalala nila ang stage ng buhay nila nung pinalabas yun. kasama na ako dun. nung pinalabas yung titanic, kasama ko nanood yung soulmate ko (yes, i really believe she's my soulmate hanggang ngayon). pero that was the last movie we watched together. we parted ways after that, with the promise that we will survive ... that we will never give up...not matter what happens...no matter how hopeless...

And we haven't let go of that promise.

Guest ENIGMA

moves.........hhhmmm......GODFATHER TRILOGY, SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, USUAL SUSPECT, ENIGMA, LORD OF THE RIGNS TRILOGY, ALL STARWARS MOVIES, ALONG CAME A SPIDER, GET SHORTY, DUNE,

AND LOTS, LOTS MORE!