Hong Kong Disneyland

• 2 weeks later...

Sarap sa disnEy, pro ms nag enjoy aq sa ocean park

Ocean Park is bigger at mas maraming adult rides.

Hong Kong Disneyland is just comparable to the Enchanted Kingdom in Sta Rosa laguna. I didnt enjoy much during my first visit

I've been to both places a number of times already and I tell you, they are very different.

For cheap tickets, try getting them at CTS

http://www.ctshk.com/english/ticket/admticket_hk.htm

Best option is to get the Hong Kong Disneyland Ticket + Dining Coupon @ HKD 433 only. Lalabas HKD360 lang yung entrance ticket nyo sa Disneyland.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Been visiting Disney since I was 11 years old but I still enjoy visiting any chance I get. Guess there's a child within me that wants to re-live the past. A time when life was a lot simpler and a lot more fun. Am planning another visit to HK Disneyland in about a week. This will probably be my 8th or 9th time to visit since it opened in 2005.

Edited by sonnyt111
  • 2 weeks later...

haven't been here. only in disneyland CA and disneyworld FL

The Disney theme parks in CA, FL and Toyko are all much larger than the one in HK. Have been to all except the one in France. Hopefully they'll introduce Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion in HK Disneyland.

Tried Glitter Gulch coaster. Sawa na agad ako. Sana naman may ride sila na thrilling, ung may mga loops at drops. hahahaha.

I think the scariest ride in Disneyland (if there is one) is Space Mountain. There was this thrilling ride I once experienced at the adjacent California Adventure in Los Angeles (part of the Disney group). Can't remember the name of the ride but for those of you who've ridden the Big Shot atop the Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas, it's identical. You sit 4 to a row and you're accelerated upwards at very high speed. Then just as suddenly, there's freefall. So you experience both positive and negative g's in a very short period of time.

Edited by oscartamaguchiblackface
  • Like (+1) 1

Visited Disneyland HK on my visit last week. It was a Friday so crowds weren't as heavy as during a weekend. Was fortunate to have very cool weather and lots of sun during my visit. The only "new" attractions I saw were Glitter Gulch (a roller coaster ride) and the Toy Story wing which I think really caters more to kids. Well to a large extent, Disneyland in general is a place for kids of all ages (both the young and the young at heart).

Three times I tried visiting the It's a Small World pavillion and three times it was closed for repairs. It's the only place that seems to be consistently "out of order."

Coldest is jan 1st and 2nd week. We went there a year ago around jan 12. it was around 6-9 degrees.

I was there as well during that period. It was raining. When I visited Disney, I had to buy a darned Disney umbrella for about P800. No choice. Either I spend on that umbrella or get wet.

It was very warm naman on January 21 and 22, 2013. Temperature reached 27 degrees Celsius!! Imagine that kind of warm weather in January! I was perspiring just waiting for the Airport Express Shuttle bus at Marco Polo Gateway.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried Glitter Gulch coaster. Sawa na agad ako. Sana naman may ride sila na thrilling, ung may mga loops at drops. hahahaha.

Correct! Puro pambata, even the rides at the Toy Story part. Sa Ocean Park, may roller coaster. Haha

Visited Disneyland HK on my visit last week. It was a Friday so crowds weren't as heavy as during a weekend. Was fortunate to have very cool weather and lots of sun during my visit. The only "new" attractions I saw were Glitter Gulch (a roller coaster ride) and the Toy Story wing which I think really caters more to kids. Well to a large extent, Disneyland in general is a place for kids of all ages (both the young and the young at heart).

Three times I tried visiting the It's a Small World pavillion and three times it was closed for repairs. It's the only place that seems to be consistently "out of order."

Small World? Yung parang boat ride? Hmm I think you won't consider this a deal-breaker kasi it's just full of design na pambata and dolls singing "It's a Small World", including translation of it to whatever country the doll is showing. Good for kids and kids at heart. I heard one friend telling me na mejo nakaidlip siya dun sa ride. Probly he's not a kid-at-heart anymore. Haha

Coldest is jan 1st and 2nd week. We went there a year ago around jan 12. it was around 6-9 degrees.

When we went there a few weeks back, tolerable. Cold kahit sunny. I think around 16-19 degrees. Siguro the hottest I felt, mga 22.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Celebrated my birthday here last july 2012, didnt like the attractions except for the shrek 4d show, maybe im too old for this kind of stuff haha. It was very hot and humid when we went kaya nakakatamad maglibot plus there were lots of rude tourists from the mainland! Buti na lang we decided to wait for the fireworks, that i could say was a magical experience and made my visit worth it somehow.

• 3 months later...

I only been to Tokyo Disneyland, they also have Disney Sea (mainly for adults). Not really thrilled about it, as the Theme Parks in the Gold Coast are way better. But we are going to HK end of this year, might wanna visit the HK Disneyland and see what they have :)

Edited by wicked_vixen

I only been to Tokyo Disneyland, they also have Disney Sea (mainly for adults). Not really thrilled about it, as the Theme Parks in the Gold Coast are way better. But we are going to HK end of this year, might wanna visit the HK Disneyland and see what they have :)

Better to visit HK Disneyland 3 weeks before Christmas or a week after Christmas. Immediately after Christmas, hotels are mostly fully booked and the city is extremely crowded. HK Disneyland in particular sees more visitors this time of year.

Also avoid the weekends. More people visit during weekends. Entrance fee is also higher during weekends.

Better to visit HK Disneyland 3 weeks before Christmas or a week after Christmas. Immediately after Christmas, hotels are mostly fully booked and the city is extremely crowded. HK Disneyland in particular sees more visitors this time of year.

Also avoid the weekends. More people visit during weekends. Entrance fee is also higher during weekends.

Oh cool, thanks for that! We will be in HK first week of November so I reckon it's the perfect time to visit Disneyland :)

• 2 weeks later...