Your NBA First 5 Of All-time

egoyahoo

no larry bird???

you're honestly saying that lebron is better than bird????

Hate to say this, But LBJ really is BETTER than Bird.. Im not a fan of Lerbron, but thats the truth..LBJ is already being compared to MJ who is considered to be the best of the best...

my Five:

Wilt

Tim

LBJ ( well he really isgood )

MJ

Magic

Hate to say this, But LBJ really is BETTER than Bird.. Im not a fan of Lerbron, but thats the truth..LBJ is already being compared to MJ who is considered to be the best of the best...

my Five:

Wilt

Tim

LBJ ( well he really isgood )

MJ

Magic

all these so called heir apparents were always compared to MJ... just because lebron had a Mcdo commercial ala MJ-Bird doesn't mean he's that good...

let's see both stands 6'9"... both plays forward but bird doesn't get the ball that often than lbj, but bird is the better assist man

at crunch time bird demands the ball

bird has played through the rough and tough times of basketball rather than todays touch foul on superstars type of game

bird would gladly play the 4 position as he did with celtics when mchale was coming off the bench...

lbj? he needs his touches...

both of them can play all 5 positions but bird can play them more effectively than lbj because bird understands the concepts of team play and he understands better that at each position stat doesn't matter only the W and the ring

all these so called heir apparents were always compared to MJ... just because lebron had a Mcdo commercial ala MJ-Bird doesn't mean he's that good...

let's see both stands 6'9"... both plays forward but bird doesn't get the ball that often than lbj, but bird is the better assist man

at crunch time bird demands the ball

bird has played through the rough and tough times of basketball rather than todays touch foul on superstars type of game

bird would gladly play the 4 position as he did with celtics when mchale was coming off the bench...

lbj? he needs his touches...

both of them can play all 5 positions but bird can play them more effectively than lbj because bird understands the concepts of team play and he understands better that at each position stat doesn't matter only the W and the ring

but what we are talking most probably is individual TALENT, LBJ has all the talent a coach wanted, play PG, SG, SF, PF, well i dont think he could play C positon.. and individually, LBJ is better than Bird. but Bird is better team player no doubt about it. and HE HAS THE HEART that LBJ lacks. and may never have..

Lebron may have the superior physical skills but as pat riley said about magic and larry ..they possess a special set of skills that separate them from everyone else ...also to all lebron supporters ,hav you ever heard the word choke associated with the play of larry bird ..enough said

but what we are talking most probably is individual TALENT, LBJ has all the talent a coach wanted, play PG, SG, SF, PF, well i dont think he could play C positon.. and individually, LBJ is better than Bird. but Bird is better team player no doubt about it. and HE HAS THE HEART that LBJ lacks. and may never have..

Lebron may have the superior physical skills but as pat riley said about magic and larry ..they possess a special set of skills that separate them from everyone else ...also to all lebron supporters ,hav you ever heard the word choke associated with the play of larry bird ..enough said

talent wise? lebron is better?

hmmm... passing will go to bird

defense, bird again... guarding the likes of worthy, blackman, ellis, english, wilkins plus the pfs nance, malone and olajuwon when the twin towers of houston were around...

shooting undoubtedly bird

movement without the ball, malamang kay bird ito kasi hindi naman sya on top of the key guy

rebounding... bird again...

physicality bird again, because bird plays the power forward position when mchale or picney is on the bench plus bird played without the handcheck rule

ball handling... watch youtube to be convinced that bird is better

james is more athletic but talent wise it still goes to bird...

bird is more fundamentally sound and much much more effective.

Edited by dfgvan

these two players is considered to be the best..one is already one of the greatest while the others will sone be.. i cant argue with u anymore but that is my opinion in which i believe many will agree with me.. Lebron must learn to trust and believe in himself if not he will not achieve anything. he dont have the heart of MJ, Bird, Magic etc..

these two players is considered to be the best..one is already one of the greatest while the others will sone be.. i cant argue with u anymore but that is my opinion in which i believe many will agree with me.. Lebron must learn to trust and believe in himself if not he will not achieve anything. he dont have the heart of MJ, Bird, Magic etc..

Of course he can't have their hearts, if he did it just means one of those guys is dead... hehehehe

kidding aside...

many may agree with you but not most...

fact: bird will always be better than lebron...

watch '91 playoffs against pacers

watch his shootout against wilkins

read about the 80s celtics or try grabbing a copy of their games...

HAKEEM OLAJUWON

TIM DUNCAN

LARRY BIRD

MICHAEL JORDAN

MAGIC JOHNSON

nice list...

may pang depensa ako dyan sa line up mo.

Laimbeer/Edwards

Mahorn/Salley

Rodman/Aguirre

Dumars/V.Johnson

Thomas/Long/Cole

hehehehe... sakitan!

Of course he can't have their hearts, if he did it just means one of those guys is dead... hehehehe

kidding aside...

34 na ako.. never watched the 70's games, 80's yes, a big fan of bird and magic.. i am not a fan of LBJ, and i could say i dont like LBJ, and will never like LBJ.. but i just have to admire his skills.. he is good when they are winning by a mile.. but worst when they're not.. CHOKER ika nga nila.. but still i stand by my opinion.. hehe

kobe/jordán/lebron/barkley/david robinson

hulaan ko lang ang highest assist man sa lineup pag ganito... hmmm si david robinson malamang... hahahaha... kasi sya tagalabas ng bola...

kidding aside...

34 na ako.. never watched the 70's games, 80's yes, a big fan of bird and magic.. i am not a fan of LBJ, and i could say i dont like LBJ, and will never like LBJ.. but i just have to admire his skills.. he is good when they are winning by a mile.. but worst when they're not.. CHOKER ika nga nila.. but still i stand by my opinion.. hehe

so you're saying that skills wise or talent wise lbj is better?

how? let's provide some criteria and please answer who is better:

post up: bird

passing: bird

blocks: tie

steals: bird

shooting: bird

freethrows: bird

slashing: lbj

rebounding: bird

off ball movement: bird

strength/physicality: bird (no handcheck, guarding power forwards and sometimes centers, bad boys, no touch foul on stars before)

dunking: lbj

speed: lbj

ball handling: tie

so you're saying that skills wise or talent wise lbj is better?

how? let's provide some criteria and please answer who is better:

post up: bird

passing: bird

blocks: tie

steals: bird

shooting: bird

freethrows: bird

slashing: lbj

rebounding: bird

off ball movement: bird

strength/physicality: bird (no handcheck, guarding power forwards and sometimes centers, bad boys, no touch foul on stars before)

dunking: lbj

speed: lbj

ball handling: tie

haha.. nilagay mo na lahat bird e..pati block?? tie?? have u seen how lebron blocks an offensive player?? pero.. that is ur opinion and i respect that.. i cant change that no matter what i say and vice versa.. because thats what i see..

yep tied sa blocks... look at the stats career blocks ni bird and james are both at .8

also have you watched bird's games? have you seen him block a player? it may not be as emphatic as james' but still as effective.

given those criterion which is comprised of skill sets...

say who is better at each category...

he got that injury ng 1985 or 86 i think...

anywho, for ranking purposes bird, magic, mj, bill (not walton), alcindor, wilt, west (nba logo), stockton, malone, duncan, pippen and isaiah are on a different level compared to the rest.

Edited by dfgvan
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...