Call Center Side Effects

Guest Leviticus

call center side-effect:

kapag graveyard shift ka:

sa bus or jeep on your way to work ikaw lang ang sober na passenger. ultimong pati kundoktor at driver nakainom

on your way home riding the bus or jeep ikaw lang ang nakainom. all the other passengers ay sober.

:mtc:

• 2 weeks later...

depends on your experience, if you have prior consulting work experience (like SGV/Arthur Andersen, Price Waterhouse & Coopers, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, etc) and experience in the job you are applying for you are in a better position to negotiate for a better salary (if from other industries)

for new grads, its a battle among the top grads from the top schools :D (starting salary is 18K up circa 2004)

hi! alam ba nyo ang starting pay sa mga bpo? in particular sa accenture? thanks in advance :D

HOME BASED CALL CENTER!!!

work at your own pace at the very comfort of your own house (or internet cafe, or at starbucks if u have a laptop....cool huh? hehe) free training, earn up to $2,800/month commission, P150T/week residual income, no quota!!! txt/call me at .....

0919smart

487smart

69smart

70smart

for details.

You may also leave me your landline/cell #/email so i can contact you regarding details of this business. Tnx!!!

unhealthy masyado yang work sa call center..the americans are very good at passing hi-stress jobs to other countries..kaya be careful.. sisingilin kayo nyan pagtanda nyo..make sure marami kayong ipon para pag gulay na kayo at bed ridden na e may pambili pa kayo ng pagkain..

hey guys just drop by... everybody are entitled to their own opinions and if you really thinks that working in a call center is a risky one thats fine but as how i see things is that it depends on how you take care of your self yung sinasabi nilang youll learn to smoke dahil lahat ng kasama mo nagssmoke din well its not true its always a matter of choice depende sayo yun basta ako i love my job no matter how other people see it its still the best for me... :D :cool:

I don't know how it is these days, but when I was a call-center worker, they pretty much made sure we were all fairly happy and that the workplace was conducive to minimizing stress.

The callcenter was equipped with motorized ergonomic workstations and 20" monitors (this at a time when 20" PC monitors were upwards of $1K apiece). Every employee had the option to terminate a call if the caller was being belligerent or otherwise unreasonable. We were encouraged to "bump up" the call to the next tier if we made best efforts to troubleshoot in vain (instead of waiting for an irate customer to get so frustrated to the point of asking for a supervisor). Soda was subsidized such that each can costs a quarter from the machine. Fairly frequent training sessions on new developments, and so on.

All in all it was a pretty decent atmosphere. I guess those days are gone huh?

• 2 weeks later...

it's my fourth yes po pang apat na taon ko na to sa industry and I LOVE THE JOB! helped (financially) me get married, now it's helping me pay my bills...

but again kahit naman saan trabaho mahirap, there's no such thing as an easy job, iba iba nga lang yung stress na maeencounter mo... so siguro depende na how a person will deal with it... merong mga tao na okay lang meron naman hindi, so i guess long before you think of joining any industry for that matter think it 100x over. pagaralan mo yung pros and cons then tsaka ka magdecide...

as for me, okay pa naman ako dito so far so good... im happy still. for those interested, again think about it and check your health. good luck po sa lahat kung ano man yung napili niyong field of work... :headsetsmiley:

just want to share with call center folks...

the previous night, i was unable to log on to the internet. i have dsl; my provider is sbc (name recently changed to at&t after at&t was bought by sbc). i did some troubleshooting (checked my configs, my lines, power cycled my equipment, etc.). everything checked out, but still no connectivity. so yesterday, i called tech support. by chance, i got a CC person from the philippines. he said his name is "G". i tried to make casual conversation with him but he said they are not allowed to do so. he would not even tell me which particular office he works out of.

he did a line test; that seems to have been the problem, and i was able to get on the internet. he also opened another trouble ticket for the telco to check out my line. he was courteous, professional, and did a great job. if anyone of you know him, please give him my thanks for a job well done.

Edited by eagleyes

Everytime i pass a call center, once can just bet what type of potential health problems anyone can have - respiratory and heart ailments because of the caffeine and the smoking that goes with the stress and pressure of the job.

Thats why I'm calling out on all call center aficionados. We are a food supplement company that seeks to penetrate this wonderful industry of call centers to prvide positive health solutions that may avert common ailments like respiratory and heart ailments from happening. Yes, we have health coffee alternatives and cleansing products that can become one of your pantry items. Let us give your HR and purchasing department a no-nonsense presentation of the health realities within call centers and offer health alternatives. Successful referrals can and will be given SERIOUS, BIG, AND CONTINUOUS COMMISSIONS as a result of cintinuous supply.

So hurry up and PM me for details...

Everytime i pass a call center, one can just bet what type of potential health problems anyone can have - respiratory and heart ailments because of the caffeine and the smoking that goes with the stress and pressure of the job.

Thats why I'm calling out on all call center aficionados. We are a large and veteran food supplement company that seeks to penetrate this wonderful industry of call centers to prvide positive health solutions that may avert common ailments like respiratory and heart ailments from happening. Yes, we have health coffee alternatives and cleansing products that can become one of your pantry items. Let us give your HR and purchasing department a no-nonsense presentation of the health realities within call centers and offer health alternatives. Successful referrals can and will be given SERIOUS, BIG, AND CONTINUOUS COMMISSIONS as a result of cintinuous supply.

So hurry up and PM me for details...

the previous night, i was unable to log on to the internet. i have dsl; my provider is sbc (name recently changed to at&t after at&t was bought by sbc). i did some troubleshooting (checked my configs, my lines, power cycled my equipment, etc.). everything checked out, but still no connectivity. so yesterday, i called tech support. by chance, i got a CC person from the philippines. he said his name is "G". i tried to make casual conversation with him but he said they are not allowed to do so. he would not even tell me which particular office he works out of.

he did a line test; that seems to have been the problem, and i was able to get on the internet. he also opened another trouble ticket for the telco to check out my line. he was courteous, professional, and did a great job. if anyone of you know him, please give him my thanks for a job well done.

me i also work for an isp account that is serving southern states, in our account, we are free to converse casually kasi we are for CSAT so kung filipino ang customer minsan nga tagalog na conversation namin hehehe kaso minsan mas mahirap pag tagalog parang di na kasi sanay magbigay ng instructions sa tagalog e

me i also work for an isp account that is serving southern states, in our account, we are free to converse casually kasi we are for CSAT so kung filipino ang customer minsan nga tagalog na conversation namin hehehe kaso minsan mas mahirap pag tagalog parang di na kasi sanay magbigay ng instructions sa tagalog e

would you happen to be talking aout BELLSOUTH? ahehehe! anyway, been working as a call center rep for 2 years now.. side effects: made me isolated from the gimiks that i usually enjoy with my non call center friends. also working with different shifts trained me how to sleep a-ok even when the bio-clock has been disrupted.. so far never had heart or lung probs, also not high blood... well its in the lifestyle din kasi.. i workout and i dont dig caffeine... i eat oatmeal everyday as well.... :)

would you happen to be talking aout BELLSOUTH? ahehehe! anyway, been working as a call center rep for 2 years now.. side effects: made me isolated from the gimiks that i usually enjoy with my non call center friends. also working with different shifts trained me how to sleep a-ok even when the bio-clock has been disrupted.. so far never had heart or lung probs, also not high blood... well its in the lifestyle din kasi.. i workout and i dont dig caffeine... i eat oatmeal everyday as well.... :)

Good for you, dude. But for the greater majority, this problem is becoming a menace. Thats why this is really a good time to get isnide the health supplment business. Since you're in call center, I might have a business proposal for you to supply health beverages. If you're interested let me know so we can talk about some plans on covering your firm. :headsetsmiley:

i envy those peepz working in a cc..any tips on how to improve communication skills...medyo barok type me eh...huhuuh..any institute to help those peeps like me to improve our communication skills...

question: why do you envy people working in a call center? you dont need to be in a call center to improve your communication skills. just need practice. you know, like what your doing right now, your communicating!

but i admire your willingness to learn.

i worked as a am speak trainor in a call center. the beat advice i can give you is think in english when you speak not in tagalog then translate to english. but thats just for english. communication skills are honed by talking to people and interacting with them.

just try it out.

oi..mag email ka sa sbc na natuwa ka dun sa agent.. para magkapera sya.. heehehe

Edited by kiara_
question: why do you envy people working in a call center? you dont need to be in a call center to improve your communication skills. just need practice. you know, like what your doing right now, your communicating!

but i admire your willingness to learn.

i worked as a am speak trainor in a call center. the beat advice i can give you is think in english when you speak not in tagalog then translate to english. but thats just for english. communication skills are honed by talking to people and interacting with them.

just try it out.

no offense bro or sis but there is no such word as "trainor"...it's "trainer" (look it up in the dictionary)

i am a process trainer to for one of the IT giants in the US and this is a very basic error that I doubt a real "AM SPEAK TRAINOR" would commit. (not to mention some of the grammatical errors in your post)

i hope that we are not working in the same company (i think not) because if we are, I would have to take a closer look at our recruitment standards.

i just thought you'd might want to try your advice on yourself first before serving it to others...