Gusto ko lang po makacontribute dito sa thread, may pinsan po kase akong

namatay this month lang, 6 months before siya mamatay nadiagnose sya ng mild curable disease,

I was wondering about the death. baka napabayaan niya sarili nya, or nahiya siya

magpadoctor. I was just guessing the circumstances, basta yung liver nya nabulok.

Puzzled lang ako, and I was afraid for my health , kaysa umabot pa sa puntong may mga dangerous

symptoms e mas maigi nang agapan, sayang yung extra years ng life e.

I have been lurking this thread, and so far awareness made me scared (but in a good

way) then it suddenly hit me..since I was sexually active for the past 8 years,

naku I should see a doctor total manageable naman yung budget.."better safe than

sorry" nga.

then I went to a clinic wherein there was a tag outside "STD blah blah, confidential"

when I talked to the doctor e P1500 daw, He explained na may mga STD na walang symptoms,

yun ang nakakatakot,bigla na lang daw lalaki itlog, or aakyat yung infection sa liver.

ayun, what made me reach my wallet instantly e nung sinabe na may chance daw mabaog.

tapos may consultation and explanation din, worth it naman. I avail the package of physical

examination and lab tests for various diseases, tatlo yung sinabe e syphillis, tapos I forgot

yung 2. other STD's daw e makikita naman daw sa physical examination, thru putting swabs sa

butas ng penis. medyo uncomfortable nga lang..onte lang. tapos kinuhanan na ako ng dugo for

laboratory. then lecture lecture yung doctor. anyways, sabe naman ng doctor, anything is

curable with meds. Yung meds e medyo mahal nga lang kung positive ka, pero it's worth it

naman, kaysa naman hayaan mo lang yung disease/s mag-linger.

Hindi lahat ng sakit ay curable with meds, herpes, HIV, venereal warts are not curable. Pero good yung desisyon mo na magpatingin, marami din ay curable at pag di nadetect early can lead to irreversible complications. Bottom line is, protect natin sarili natin kasi hindi talga maiaalis na maging pilyo tayo eh, second, pa check lang regularly, kasi hindi lang tayo at risk, pati na rin partners natin, kawawa naman sila, wala naman silang kasalanan nadamay pa. Of course it costs money pero kung may pangbayag sa PSP I'm sure makakahanap ng pang pacheck up, it's a matter of priority.

I guess it's a mature thing to do, magpacheckup sa STD.

medyo immature lang kase yung iba, akala mo mga virgin mag-isip, tingin nila kapag magpacheck ng STD e marami ka-sex/multiple sex partners, they don't know that you'll get infected kahit 1st time mo pa lang makipagsex. hehe.

anyways, salamat sa thread na ito, when I talked to the doctor, e iba na raw panahon ngayon, masyado na raw sexually active mga kabtaan/yuppies, tapos wala masyado awareness re: STD etc.

another question po, kapag sa babae ba, yung OB-Gyne e bukod sa pagchecheck kung prone sa Cervical Cancer e expert din ba sila w/ regards to STD?

pardon my ignorance, parang namisinterpret ko yung doktor (who examined me) na sabe nya e parang hindi 100% machecheck ng mga OB-Gyne ang STD,

I know professional naman yung doktor, no need na siraan yung ka-profession nya, pero siguro dahil lumulutang ang utak ko nun kausap nya ako, nakakatakot

kase yung mga sinasabe nya, lalo na nun minention nya yung phrase na "pwedeng mag-lead ang untreated STD to pagkabaog"..ayun.

Edited by Wyld

Unfortunately pag nagpacheck ka sa doktor, ano man subspecialty, kung ano dahilan ng visit yun ang uunahin, kung yung babae eh pumunta sa GYN dahil naexpose siya sa risk ng STD, eh malamang icheck din yun lahat. Pero kung pumunta siya don kasi concerned siya sa periods o sa bukol na nakakapa, focus will be on the primary problem. Ang main reason dito ay economics, dahil magastos magpacheck, unahin muna yung pinakaimportante, pag may natira pang pera, then they can go for the secondary problems, reality yan sa Pilipinas, it's a little different in the first world, everybody s offered na icheck lahat so lahat ng GYN alam kung anong hahanapin and how to proceed with it.

I need some light here. Prior sa pag-pa check up ko last friday (june 17). Meron akong little discharge sa underwear, it was color yellow and sticky , that was morning. Nagpa-check up ako later that afternoon sa clinic. kinunan ako nang urine, blood, and cotton buds to put inside my penis, the result came negative. After that, kinabukasan, I have a little discharge, white naman, that was saturday na. And i check it thoroughly throughout the day kung may stain ako, walang stain buong day. Sunday comes, When i woke up to get a pee, I have a white discharge na naka-stay lang sa tip of the penis, umihi ako pero I don't have any burning sensation or whatever, only itchiness inside my penis when iihi ako or if ever na gusto kong umihi tapos pipigain ko doon ko lang mararamdaman yun itchiness. Ngaun hapon, nagpa chek up ako uli sa clinic, urine na lang ginawa ko. Doon sa result , meron akong 10-15 m/t sa pus cells....

anong klaseng infection kaya yun? binigyan na ako nang gamot para inumin. Gusto ko lang malaman kung anong infection yun.? thanks

typical case of urethritis (urethra is the tube that is inside your penis, where urine and semen pass),... the causative organism of your urethritis we do not know (it could be gonorrhea or chlamydia or something else)....the best time to examine this was during the first morning when the discharge was still plenty....anyway it turned white and almost disappeared which means the infection is most likely controlled....just the same have a follow up with your physician

I need some light here. Prior sa pag-pa check up ko last friday (june 17). Meron akong little discharge sa underwear, it was color yellow and sticky , that was morning. Nagpa-check up ako later that afternoon sa clinic. kinunan ako nang urine, blood, and cotton buds to put inside my penis, the result came negative. After that, kinabukasan, I have a little discharge, white naman, that was saturday na. And i check it thoroughly throughout the day kung may stain ako, walang stain buong day. Sunday comes, When i woke up to get a pee, I have a white discharge na naka-stay lang sa tip of the penis, umihi ako pero I don't have any burning sensation or whatever, only itchiness inside my penis when iihi ako or if ever na gusto kong umihi tapos pipigain ko doon ko lang mararamdaman yun itchiness. Ngaun hapon, nagpa chek up ako uli sa clinic, urine na lang ginawa ko. Doon sa result , meron akong 10-15 m/t sa pus cells....

anong klaseng infection kaya yun? binigyan na ako nang gamot para inumin. Gusto ko lang malaman kung anong infection yun.? thanks

i agree that this is urethritis...symtomatically its not a usual case of uti that is caused by common pathogens/microbes that cause common uti..it may include microbes as per sexually transmitted infection is considered..the symptoms of infections vary a lot depending on what kind of pathogen is present..a common uti usually does not produce discharges but sti may or may not produce discharges too... by doing ancillaries like lab test or swabs may produce negative or equivocal results that may not be diagnostic...a reliable history and physical exam is very helpful enough to start treatment..laboratories will be helpful in resistant cases... your physicians clinical knowledge and judgement will base on the data that he will gather so you have to be truthful and accurate when you are being interviewed..regarding treatment..your physician will give you medications that targets the usual and common pathogens that cause your symptoms..its important not to self treat as what you hear from other people so as not to add resistance to the microbes in case youre under dosed..once you have the symptoms you should seek prof help immediately...some of the drugs that are used in other countries may not be effective in our country...yes, there are drugs that are not already effective in our country so prof judgement is really important...regarding the lab test..you can see that they are abnormal but you should bring it to a physian for interpretation..importantly to relate to what your symptoms and history is..

Tanong ko sa doctors dito..

Merong drug resistant na TB ngayon hindi ba? Dahil laging di kinukumpleto ng may sakit yung gamot nya.

Pwede rin kayang meron nang drug resistant STDs ngayon, dahil hindi tama ang pag inom ng gamot nung pasyente?

(not including STDs na wala pa talagang gamot)

TY

Tanong ko sa doctors dito..

Merong drug resistant na TB ngayon hindi ba? Dahil laging di kinukumpleto ng may sakit yung gamot nya.

Pwede rin kayang meron nang drug resistant STDs ngayon, dahil hindi tama ang pag inom ng gamot nung pasyente?

(not including STDs na wala pa talagang gamot)

TY

yes drug resisitance can happen even with STDs but we are usually updated on this, that is why we have continuing medical education. just make sure that your doctor is updated... usually we are..

any clinics you can suggest? been doing a little reading and feel that it's high time i get checked. trying to search using the net and found warnings that there are a number of clinics that are bogus na untrained ang staff and scam lang. sa hospitals naman around my area, mahal. baka may masasuggest kayong clinic around qc area na legit and not that expensive. also saw sites selling home testing kits. are these accurate? thanks!

are you a doctor sir? who specializes in such cases?

anyway so from the details i told you..it means the decrease in my lymphocytic count to 17 which is below normal doesnt guarantee that im hiv positive..am i correct?

where can i have an HIV test? and where,...i live in makati area

is there any free hiv testing facilities?

also can we but HIV testing kits in mercury drugs...cause in the states theres one available ...i saw it on the net\

please answer all..thanks

If you are a QC resident, you can go to Bernardo Clinic beside Ramon Magsaysay High School Cubao. They offer free HIV and STD testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Docs,

I just want to know if I'm already safe. Here's my scenario: I had 2 fubus at the same time. One is my ex, another on is a friend of mine I recently met. Anyway, I stopped having sex with them about 2 weeks prior to having myself checked-up. Before I had myself checked, I was feeling a little itch on my urethra(or the inside of my penile shaft). No pus came out but there was a slight pain in urination. So I had myself checked-up at some hospital. I went for urinalysis, HIV, and hepa testing. HIV and hepatitis B are both negative (I believe I should be tested 3 months after my last intercourse). The urinalysis' result was that I have UTI (according to the doctor who was examining me). So I took antibiotics for 3 days (1000mg each but I forgot the name of the med). Anyway, after a week of drinking lots of fluids and finishing my treatment, I went back to the hospital for another urinalysis. This time the pus count went down but it's still 3-5. So the doctor gave me Macrodantin 50mg 4x a day. After a week of religious intake of meds and fluids, the urinalysis finally read a pus count of 1-3. So the doctor cleared me of UTI. But I noticed something on the tip of my penis (exactly beside the urethral opening, right area), there is a very small ulcer which is painless and doesn't seem to grow or bleed. But before I noticed this, the doctor already made PE on my penis and testicles and even my anus. I don't think he noticed it because it was small and maybe because my doctor was old (80's). I noticed this small opening for almost 2 weeks now and it's still there even after medication. My urethra doesn't itch anymore and I don't feel any abnormal feeling when urinating. In case I've had syphillis (or other curable STDs), can I already be cured since I took 2 different antibiotics already?

I just want to know your opinions before I bring myself back to my doc. It's kind of embarrassing even though he is only my doctor (who is very friendly and a religious Catholic). Your response will be much appreciated.

Hello Docs,

I just want to know if I'm already safe. Here's my scenario: I had 2 fubus at the same time. One is my ex, another on is a friend of mine I recently met. Anyway, I stopped having sex with them about 2 weeks prior to having myself checked-up. Before I had myself checked, I was feeling a little itch on my urethra(or the inside of my penile shaft). No pus came out but there was a slight pain in urination. So I had myself checked-up at some hospital. I went for urinalysis, HIV, and hepa testing. HIV and hepatitis B are both negative (I believe I should be tested 3 months after my last intercourse). The urinalysis' result was that I have UTI (according to the doctor who was examining me). So I took antibiotics for 3 days (1000mg each but I forgot the name of the med). Anyway, after a week of drinking lots of fluids and finishing my treatment, I went back to the hospital for another urinalysis. This time the pus count went down but it's still 3-5. So the doctor gave me Macrodantin 50mg 4x a day. After a week of religious intake of meds and fluids, the urinalysis finally read a pus count of 1-3. So the doctor cleared me of UTI. But I noticed something on the tip of my penis (exactly beside the urethral opening, right area), there is a very small ulcer which is painless and doesn't seem to grow or bleed. But before I noticed this, the doctor already made PE on my penis and testicles and even my anus. I don't think he noticed it because it was small and maybe because my doctor was old (80's). I noticed this small opening for almost 2 weeks now and it's still there even after medication. My urethra doesn't itch anymore and I don't feel any abnormal feeling when urinating. In case I've had syphillis (or other curable STDs), can I already be cured since I took 2 different antibiotics already?

I just want to know your opinions before I bring myself back to my doc. It's kind of embarrassing even though he is only my doctor (who is very friendly and a religious Catholic). Your response will be much appreciated.

sorry to tell you this but a painless ulcer on the penis is one of the signs of syphilis....and no.. that medicines you took will cure your UTI but not syphilis....of course it might not be syphilis... it could be something else... but since you have it now...better to see a doctor....and yes HIV test and most other test should be done about three months after questionable sexual exposure

sorry to tell you this but a painless ulcer on the penis is one of the signs of syphilis....and no.. that medicines you took will cure your UTI but not syphilis....of course it might not be syphilis... it could be something else... but since you have it now...better to see a doctor....and yes HIV test and most other test should be done about three months after questionable sexual exposure

thank you very much. will bring myself to the doc tomorrow. i'm feeling a bit scared and dissapointed with myself. mellow.gif will update you guys soon.

I've read it somewhere in the internet na kapag delayed ang girl sa kanyang period..and hindi naman buntis..chances are may infection or something? tama ba?:rolleyes:

there are many reasons why a girls menstruation can be delayed....pregnancy is one of them and is usually the case...but there are many others...hormonal imbalance,...anxiety .....with regards to infection, maybe...but it is not a common cause of delayed menses

I've read it somewhere in the internet na kapag delayed ang girl sa kanyang period..and hindi naman buntis..chances are may infection or something? tama ba?:rolleyes:

there are many reasons why a girls menstruation can be delayed....pregnancy is one of them and is usually the case...but there are many others...hormonal imbalance,...anxiety. emotional stress among others .....with regards to infection, maybe...but it is not a common cause of delayed menses

• 3 weeks later...

Hello sa mga doctors dito.

Tanung ko lang saan pwedeng bumili ng gamot para sa genital warts?

or saan pwede mg pa tanggal?

Pa PM na lang.

thanks.!

depende sa laki ng genital warts....kung malaki kailangan operahan (minor surgery lang yan)...kung maliit, pwede ng i-cautery....punta ka sa mga STD clinics....marami dyan....discreet naman sila...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...