ahhh okay..thats interesting...it DOES itch some times...whats STI?

so its not STD?

ung isang lip kasi laging nakafold pag tinanggal sa brief ...tapos kumukulubot ung skin ng head

If it itches it maybe a STD or maybe just an irritation. You should get a urinalysis just to be sure. Presence of pus in your urinalysis would indicate if you have an infection. Getting a urinalysis is cost-effective so if its negative at least you'll be assured

In addition, I undertook a urinalysis. How do I know if I have gonorrhea? The reaction is 6.0 and the specific gravity is 1.025. The red cells is 3-5 and the white cells is 5-7 /hpf. Thank you.

urinalysis shows you have UTI, but it doesn't mean you have std/sti. how do you know you have std ? did they do a gram stain of the discharge ? blood test ?

I have gonorrhea. My doctor told me to take levox for 7 days. But I heard from my firends that they took an injection when they had the std. My question is this: do I need to take an injection or levox is enough to cure me? Thank you.

levofloxacin is also active for gonococcal infection but the sad thing is some of the strains of gono is resistant to qinolones e.g levofloxacin..imho this treatment is just a trial and hopefully semsitive yung strain..in addition to that...maybe it will be better if tetracylines are added to your treatment modality as to cover chlamydia which commonly accompany gonococcal infxn.. my drug or choice would be a 3rd generation cephalosporine e.g ceftriaxone im...with doxycycline

any comments or suggestions to my post are acknowledged

just want to ask. my friend has std around 6 months ago got medicated. but now it came back without having sex. should he take same medicine? thanks

bro,

your information is quite broad based on the following:

STD - what type of std?

Medication - did he visit any doctor? how did he knows if he got treated w/o any lab result?

Same medicine - more likely not but then again your info is quite broad

better visit doctor...

Sino na ba nakapag-konsulta na sa Dr. on "tulo"? Mga magkano ang nagastos nyo both sa consultation and medicine? Gusto ko kasing magpatingin using my Medicard but I heard na di daw covered ang STDs. :huh:

Thanks!

For medical consultation there's no reason why you are not allowed to use your healthcard. During the check-up, you'll pass by HMO department for the form, but of course you'll not going to tell the HMO personnel that you've got STD as reason for doc consultation. You have to consult a Urologist for Gonorrhea. And in this case you may reason out that you have UTi.

The doctor will ask for laboratory examinations such as Urethal swab, Urinalysis and Urine c/s. For laboratory procedures, the HMO department will then again ask for the approaval from healthcard, in your case, Medicard so make sure to ask your doc to make a remarks on your lab request that you have to undergo above lab test due to UTi.

Unsolicited advice, always practice safe sex to avoid any problem on this from now on.

Good luck!

hmmm dami ata may std ngayon ah hmmmm...well as for those who posted before at tinatamad mag back read hehehe...important sa std is to diagnose it well to have the best management...not all drugs na naririnig nyo sa kung saan effective sa std or sti....the best thing if you visit your doc or a urologist for evaluation and proper management...as for the health cards.. majority would not cover for sti consults as what i heard...so minsan shell out ng sariling money for check up and treatment..

for info: what to do in case?... its not proper to self medicate...nakakahiya man magconsult but thats the best...so ancillary procedures will be requested for confirmation...youll be treated with confidentiality naman so wag na mahiya...

i once had gonorrhea. since i am living outside the country my friend doctor told me to take doxycycline. amazingly it works and the sysmptoms of gonorrhea is gone in 3 day.

during my vacation in the philippines last week, i met up with the same x girlfriend, thinking the she may be clean after not seeing her for 4 year i did it with her again. on my 2nd last day there, i noticed that i have a discharge in my brief. unfortunately, my friend doctor left the philippines so i went to a new one. In my urinary test, it showed that i have UTI/STI/ STD and since i dont have time i should take clindamycin hydrochloride.

which one is good?

thanks for the reply!

i once had gonorrhea. since i am living outside the country my friend doctor told me to take doxycycline. amazingly it works and the sysmptoms of gonorrhea is gone in 3 day.

during my vacation in the philippines last week, i met up with the same x girlfriend, thinking the she may be clean after not seeing her for 4 year i did it with her again. on my 2nd last day there, i noticed that i have a discharge in my brief. unfortunately, my friend doctor left the philippines so i went to a new one. In my urinary test, it showed that i have UTI/STI/ STD and since i dont have time i should take clindamycin hydrochloride.

which one is good?

thanks for the reply!

better have the discharge examine in the lab , also have your blood test for SY and HIV to be sure.....

as for the readers..remind you guys that this thread does not mean you dont have to see your physicians..since meds here are posted it doesnt mean that all of them will work for all cases...just for information purposes and advices...dont take drugs as stated by previous posters here..just to enlighten you bout what's troubling you and guidance too...

• 2 weeks later...