the vast majority of HPV strains typically do not cause any problems and are cleared by the immune system without much fanfare.

the strains which have been known to cause the wart are different from those which cause cervical cancer.

that said, the clinical tests for HPV infection (Pap smear, and where available and appropriate, HPV DNA test) are utilized mainly for catching suspicious and possibly pre-malignant lesions and strains known to cause Cervical Cancer (respectively) early on.

so again, we cannot overemphasize the need for safe sexual practices and medical consult for those at increased risk of contracting the disease.

usually we doctors look for obvious signs of an infection. yellowish discharge on penile area signifies that you have gonorrhea. no other std will present with yellowish discharge. so it's ok for you to take the adviced medication of your doctor. you can do urethral discharge culture and sensitivity para makita kung anong mas effective drug ang pwede mo inumin. sometimes kasi if you already had history of previous std and you did not take the drug for the required time nagkakaroon ng resistance yung microorganism sa antibiotic na binibigay. I suggest you na magpa inject ka ng ceftriaxone 250mg IM and extend your doxycycline for another 7 days. if you are in manila i cud see you personally

Guest Romeo
usually doctors will issue aldara for guys who have genital warts. we will never know if a person already have it. unless going under some blood test pero sabi din nila hindi ito 100% accurate. about sa size pwede siya sinlaki ng pea or singliit ng tuldok ng karayom. so we will never know.

So is this drug aldara 100%effective? can u take it even without testing for hpv?

So is this drug aldara 100%effective? can u take it even without testing for hpv?

Aldara is a cream usually prescribed by doctors for genital warts. I'd still suggest a proper consult before applying anything on on that sensitive part of your body.

Guest Romeo
Aldara is a cream usually prescribed by doctors for genital warts. I'd still suggest a proper consult before applying anything on on that sensitive part of your body.

ic . I thought it was a drug....Wat i was pointing out is. wat if guys dont develop any symptoms,but her previous partners had develop g.warts. wat can he talk as a precautionary drug for it?

usually doctors will issue aldara for guys who have genital warts. we will never know if a person already have it. unless going under some blood test pero sabi din nila hindi ito 100% accurate. about sa size pwede siya sinlaki ng pea or singliit ng tuldok ng karayom. so we will never know.

THERE IS NO BLOOD TEST FOR HPV. For women, HPV DNA is tested from a cervical swab and in men from a urethral swab. But the urethral swab is not FDA approved and is said to be inaccurate because it is said to provide an adequate supply of cells. As far as I know, this test for men is not done in the Philippines.

This thread has been very informative. Out of curiosity, STDs like gonorrhea can be transmitted thru intercourse,oral or anal sex. The transmission is by contact of fluids from mucous membranes of infected people. Does this follow that we can get it by sharing a glass of water with a person infected with gonorrhea? Hope the you guys can clarify where to draw the line...

no....transmission is by mucous membrane contact. sa laway di naman or sa glass. fastidious organism yun neisseria gonorrhorea, madali syang mamatay kapag natuyo kaya malabo yun transmission pag nagshare kayo ng glass of water.

pwede ka mahawa kapag unprotected vaginal, oral or anal sex.

doctors, gano kaaccurate ang serodia particle agglutination test? comparable ba sya sa accuracy ng elisa?

para sa HIV? usually pag positive ka sa antiHIV antibodies sa ELISA screening test, eh kasunod nun westernblot for confirmatory test. yun particle agglutination screening test lang din gaya ng ELISA. but i know mas ok pa rin yun ELISA kaysa sa particle agglutination.

doctors, gano kaaccurate ang serodia particle agglutination test? comparable ba sya sa accuracy ng elisa?

HIV ELISA has a sensitivity of 99.5%. Other tests cost around P200-350. While ELISA is around P700.

If you wish to be screened for HIV, do ELISA nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

i had care for many patient with hiv/ aids when I work in a government hospital in manila which specialize in this diseases. first HIV and AIDS is different. If you are said to have HIV, you are only positive with the virus but you are still assymptomatic. but in AIDS, the patient is already manifesting signs and symptoms of depressed immune system which makes the patient weak and risk of acquiring all the infection in his environment. In HIV patients, they do not manifest signs and symptoms of the disease, they look normal and even much beautiful or handsome than us. You cannot tell if a patient has HIV just by looking at them. In patient with AIDS, they are already immunocompromised, they are usually sickly, easy to have common infections like pneumonia, tuberculosis, and in the late stages they may have some infection in the skin, malnourish, diarhhea and very weak and eventually they die because of infection. Being given a chance to care for this patients gave me the opportunity to know their history, why and how did they acquire the disease, share their fears and concerns and we were able to help them to divulge their disease to their family and loveones.

We really can't figth temptations, so if we can't be faithful always , it is safe to be always protected. Think twice or thrice before engaging in unprotected relationship.

Hi, I am about to lead a monogamous life ( I hope that wasn't too melodramatic) after having so many different partners in the past but I practiced safe sex all the time. My question is this: What tests should I take before making the big plunge? I don't want to pass on to my future spouse any disease that I may have unknowingly contracted. Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, I am about to lead a monogamous life ( I hope that wasn't too melodramatic) after having so many different partners in the past but I practiced safe sex all the time. My question is this: What tests should I take before making the big plunge? I don't want to pass on to my future spouse any disease that I may have unknowingly contracted. Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Consult your doctor for proper guidance.

I should give a comment that for some tests like HIV testing, there is a window period which may show a negative result. Also, a negative test is not 100%, but it is nearest to the truth.

I suggest you talk this matter out with your future spouse. For me, full disclosure is the best way to combat marital issues concerning sexuality and sexual history.

Consult your doctor for proper guidance.

I should give a comment that for some tests like HIV testing, there is a window period which may show a negative result. Also, a negative test is not 100%, but it is nearest to the truth.

I suggest you talk this matter out with your future spouse. For me, full disclosure is the best way to combat marital issues concerning sexuality and sexual history.

no comment

A male friend of mine (non-MTC member) sometimes experiences slight discomfort while urinating (not always). He went to a urologist and was asked to have a urinalysis and take some antibiotic for a UTI for a week. The urinalysis results were negative and after a week of taking the antibiotic, the slight discomfort while urinating still persists. The doctor suggested for him to have a test for Chlamydia and Gonnorhea even if there are no external symptoms and discharge just to make sure.

Question: For Chlamydia and Gonnorhea, is it possible for urinating not to be too painful and not consistent (only about 30% of the time)? He says the discomfort is only about 3/10. Also is it possible to have no other symptoms? Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not a urologist but if I remember correctly, brownish or reddish ejaculate may indicate blood in the semen. It's a common condition among young men. It may be benign and resolve on its own; or it may be due to lesions or infections of the urethra or prostate. Please have yourself checked by a urologist if it persists.

hi ma'am, just checked mine and noticed its pinkish in color. i think there might be blood in the semen?

would there me medicine to take while observing if it still the same after a few days?

just want to say that i've been learning more on this thread just by back reading 3 pages of it. thanks for all the med professionals that share here. :)