hello everyone , just got my HIV and VDRL result and it's a WOO-HOO, both are negative! Thank God! Been worried-to-death while waiting for it.. :-)

anyway, i still have some questions,. is it possible to have lesions on my penis even if my last sexual intercourse (only done insertive oral sex in my entire 22 years of life, am I that unfortunate? hehe! so afraid of contracting STDs that's why) was more than 6 months ago?? the lesions were linear and what I did was to clean it daily with alcohol and oh boy, it was a bit painful doing that.. lols. the lesions dry up (flakes of dry skin around the linear lesion) the next day or 2 when I clean it with alcohol.. now the lesions are gone but some parts of my penis and pubic area itch and looks like dry sometimes.. and also, almost every morning, the dorsal part of my penis feels sticky and sometimes has odor.. no discharge nor dysuria.. and one thing, a week or at least a month before I had those lesions, hindi ako masyado naging hygienic, after working out sa gym, di nako nakakapalit ng underwear agad, minsan inaabot pa ko til the next day bago makapagpalit, yikes! (my bad!!).. pwedeng reason ba yun kung infection to?

is my case a possible STD, i am ruling out syphilis and HIV as my problem based on my negative VDRL and HIV tests result.. is this genital herpes which I acquired through insertive oral sex? been bothered by this thought because I know herpes is incurable.. hahay!

hoping for your valuable reply guys.. thanks..

Hi, not a medical expert but I can throw in a couple of points, How long till the lesions cleared up? if it's more than 2 months(assuming that you checked everyday and they were there) then from what I've gathered, it's probably not herpes. You could get tested again for Herpes just to get it off your mind. although it is a bit expensive.

Just a question, where did you get your tests done?

A question for the docs, do you know the prevalence of HIV-2 here in the philippines? I heard that labs around don't really do HIV-2 testing when you ask for an HIV test, or is the same test for HIV-1 and 2 similar?

Hi, not a medical expert but I can throw in a couple of points, How long till the lesions cleared up? if it's more than 2 months(assuming that you checked everyday and they were there) then from what I've gathered, it's probably not herpes. You could get tested again for Herpes just to get it off your mind. although it is a bit expensive.

Just a question, where did you get your tests done?

A question for the docs, do you know the prevalence of HIV-2 here in the philippines? I heard that labs around don't really do HIV-2 testing when you ask for an HIV test, or is the same test for HIV-1 and 2 similar?

thanks for the reply dude.. actually I can't remember, but I think the first lesion cleared up overnight then it itched again, nasugat ulit pero sa ibang part naman medyo mas matagal gumaling.. the lesions were primarily linear and itchy.. I checked out some pictures of the typical lesions of herpes and mine did not look like those posted in the net... my chief complaint basically is the itching and eventually having those lesions when I scratch it.. then sometimes when I wake up, the dorsal part of my you know feels sticky somehow.. I had the test in one of the laboratories along taft as endorsed by my doctor. Actually I haven't done any test for herpes yet.. I only had tests for HIV and syphilis..

question to our resident doctors, is it possible to have the first outbreak 6 or more months after the last intercourse, in my case insertive oral..? or is it more attributable to that unhygienic practice?

• 2 weeks later...
san pwede magpa-urinalysis sa qc area?

yung not so expensive.

gusto ko lang pa check.

Dude, medyo malaki ang QC. Where exactly in QC?

ask ko lang kung ano mga symptoms ng std? lagi me kasi ngaun binabalisawsaw kaya kinakabahan me baka may "tulo" me. any medicine to take?

Ang pagkakaroon ng balisawsaw sa pag-ihi ay kadalasan na senyales ng UTI. Kung may dahilan ka para mag-isip na may STD ka, pa-konsulta ka na lang para magamot ka rin agad. :)

if you had std checkup...how long will it take you to know if youre postive or negative?

depends on the tests you got. for common ones, VDRL, Gonnorhea, Chlamydia, NGU, you should be able to get it within the day, or the next. for HIV/HSV/HCV/HBV depends on where you got the test. big hospitals usually take longer since they try to do it in batches i believe

looks like gonnorhea

are you sure? i thought it was Chlamydia..

Penile discharge is commonly the sign of a sexually transmitted disease. It is hard to commit to whatever specific disease this patient would have without the benefit of a complete history, physical examination and confirmatory laboratory examinations. Most patients with gonococcal urethritis would usually present with purulent or yellowish penile discharge but you have to keep in mind that a certain percentage of patients would present with whitish to cloudy or even clear discharge.

Penile discharge is commonly the sign of a sexually transmitted disease. It is hard to commit to whatever specific disease this patient would have without the benefit of a complete history, physical examination and confirmatory laboratory examinations. Most patients with gonococcal urethritis would usually present with purulent or yellowish penile discharge but you have to keep in mind that a certain percentage of patients would present with whitish to cloudy or even clear discharge.

ok..whew..buti nalang that's not my dick with that discharge..hehehe it belongs to my frend..ayaw pa umamin na nambabae at dun nakuha eh! hehe

ok..whew..buti nalang that's not my dick with that discharge..hehehe it belongs to my frend..ayaw pa umamin na nambabae at dun nakuha eh! hehe

Please ask your friend to seek medical consult right away.

Oh, and I hope you're not the one who took the pic. Just kidding dude. ;) :upside:

guys is this an STD?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/oliblurr/A1/1.jpg

which one is it? thanks!

in my opinion this might an NGU<non gonococcal urethritis> but of course just by looking at the discharge justify the diagnosis..as maam mwah stated that gonococcal infections are presented with yellowish discharge. NGU's more often than not are presented with clear to milky discharge..but at such, a gonococcal infection may also have concommitant non gonococcal infection e.g. chlamydia...better if youll have urological evaluation and discharge gram stain and culture for more qualifying diagnosis and proper treatment...standard treatments consist of a 3rd or 4th generation cephalosporine e.g. ceftriaxone and cefipime respectively and treatment for NGU such as tetracycline..its highly recommended that consult must be done and self medication should not be made to prevent underdosage or possible resistance of the organisms.

any cooments/reactions to my post are acknowledged :rolleyes:

paano po ba yung procedure to test kung positive ka sa "TULO"? may laboratory test po ba ?or physical examine sa penis?

anyone can suggest a good reputable clinic that specializes curing STD's around Quezon City ? pa pm na lang po or post nyo dito sa thread yng details.

thanks sa input..

paano po ba yung procedure to test kung positive ka sa "TULO"? may laboratory test po ba ?or physical examine sa penis?

anyone can suggest a good reputable clinic that specializes curing STD's around Quezon City ? pa pm na lang po or post nyo dito sa thread yng details.

thanks sa input..

Sir, you can visit any urologist in this matter...any hospital have urology consultants...regarding the test..mostly in diagnosing gonorrhea or tulo basing on the symptoms and physical examination..for a more accurate diagnosis laboratory procedures are odten requested for microbiological testing and susceptibility.. starting with the routine urinalysis and or discharge gram staining and culture and sensitivity...especially in cases where resistance is suspected...other std work ups are often warranted case to case basis for treponemal testing/rpr, hepa b/c or hiv testing.You will also be advised by the physician on the diagnostic options when you seek consult..

any comments/reactions on my post are acknowledged

thanks for the information xwhiteshadowz

very much appreciated!!

---

@ALL

can anyone suggest a medical clinic whose specialty's are std cases.. manila or qc area will do.

hehe ayaw sa hosp tlaga huh hehehe :rolleyes: you can try Genito urologic clinic along erod/tuazon. in front of shell beside dakki. lapit sa rotonda to

• 2 weeks later...
Sino na ba nakapag-konsulta na sa Dr. on "tulo"? Mga magkano ang nagastos nyo both sa consultation and medicine? Gusto ko kasing magpatingin using my Medicard but I heard na di daw covered ang STDs. :huh:

Thanks!

punta ka sa accredited medicard clinic or doctor, i think covered ang consultation and probably laboratory test too...

un medicine lang siguro ang dapat mo bilhin..... try mo lang wala naman mawawala eh....

:thumbsupsmiley:

mga docs kung ung penis lips mo nag fofold..ung tipong folded cya or warat (gets?) may std b un or sakit?

IMHO, you may be experiencing balanitis assuming that you are circumcised na. This may not always suggest infection, it may also be caused by irritation such as using harsh soaps and the like..but most of the time, infection may also set in secondary to the irritation and edema of the urethral meatus..the folds suggest inflammation and edema as i see it...i suggest that you have it checked by a urologist in case the symptoms gets worse...but for the mean time..be vigilant on the chemicals that may have contact to the affected area..as we cannot rule out any infections for now..this may also suggest beginning infection..to early to say that its sti unless youre guilty in such hehehe...but commonly..sti's have urethral irritaion/itchiness/pain at the onset...have your doctor check your condition for further evaluation..

any comments/suggestions to my post are acknowledged

ahhh okay..thats interesting...it DOES itch some times...whats STI?

so its not STD?

ung isang lip kasi laging nakafold pag tinanggal sa brief ...tapos kumukulubot ung skin ng head

IMHO, you may be experiencing balanitis assuming that you are circumcised na. This may not always suggest infection, it may also be caused by irritation such as using harsh soaps and the like..but most of the time, infection may also set in secondary to the irritation and edema of the urethral meatus..the folds suggest inflammation and edema as i see it...i suggest that you have it checked by a urologist in case the symptoms gets worse...but for the mean time..be vigilant on the chemicals that may have contact to the affected area..as we cannot rule out any infections for now..this may also suggest beginning infection..to early to say that its sti unless youre guilty in such hehehe...but commonly..sti's have urethral irritaion/itchiness/pain at the onset...have your doctor check your condition for further evaluation..

any comments/suggestions to my post are acknowledged