Why Do Beautiful Women Fall For Ugly Men?

Hello Kristin :) I'm just curious what about if you guys are already going steady. Do you mind taking care of the tab for your man once in a while?

honestly, i don't know, josh. i never had a boyfriend who has allowed me to pay a peso on a date. :blush:

like what one nice guy i went out said: "The reason i work my butt off is to have some cash for dates -- steady or not." And he has just earned a heap of my respect. :cool:

we only have to watch animal courtship and mating rituals on animal planet to explain these seemingly unnatural Beauty&theBeast pairings. basically, these shows that i am talking about make it clear to everyone that it's every animal for itself. one animal gets its own bitch (or doe, vixen, whatever) by all means possible, and that's the end of it. we humans are also subjected to this inevitability of having to pair up with the opposite sex in basically the same way. how?

i got to watch a show on dicovery channel a few months back, and the show was about the chemistry of love (?). i thought that the show was quite insightful and entertaining, plus it lead me to believe that ugly people actually did have a shot with the hotties of the world. how so? the chemical machinations love, according to the show, depended on a person's pheromones. a whiff of the stuff can actually be used to gauge one person's compatibility with another. of course, we are not consciously aware that we are capable of sniffing other people's pheromones, let alone gauge other people for sexual compatibility based on these substances, but hey, we guys like the chicks to smell nice, right?

also, talking is another way of netting the hottie across the bar. i remember the narrator saying that great conversationalists actually have a better chance of scoring. wealth and success obviously play key roles in the human dating scene, and so does great sex. sex (and any other physical exertion) releases a certain chemical that triggers a response that make people somewhat uplifted. we should notice that physically active people are almost always in a good mood.

now, to my point. ugly people don't score, but successful people do. on the one hand, plain butt-ugly guys (and girls), like your neighborhood skwaters, pokpoks and jologs, are usually overlooked. that's a fact of life. on the other hand, SUCCESSFUL butt-ugly people (e.g. Long Mejia, Mahal) get to hook up with some of the more beautiful booty in the market. why? these people who are hellbent on contaminating the human gene pool are set for life! chicks are more likely to dig a guy with a stable 7-figure income, a house that requires visitors to use maps in order not to get lost inside, cars whose number corresponds to the days of the week, and a 10-inch schlong than a guy with a dead-end job, a beat up owner-type jeep, a squalid roach-infested apartment and a less than dull sex life. to make matters worse, it doesn't really matter if the guy is ugly or not, as long as he is successful.

therefore, i think that we can conclude on the folowing:

1. true love, in its purest, most abstract definition (whatever it is), between a beauty and a beast is clearly impossible, unless the beauty somehow finds him/herself indebted to the beast with his/her life or for some other deeply intense personal reasons.

2. people are prone to be attracted to success in all its forms, and they want to make sure that they could get their grubby hands on it.

3. you think that this is all plain bullshit talk, that your faith in true love (whatever it is) remains resolute, and that you are itching to kick my ass.

peace out and put out chikas!!!!! B)

I also watched that episode from National Geographic. All I could say is that the title "chemistry of love" can be very misleading. They did explain the chemistry of attraction, but not that of love. And in my dictionary, attraction is definitely not synonymous to love.

Physical beauty, great sex, success, etc. can definitely win you a lot of attraction from the opposite sex, but this is not love yet in its "purest" form. But it definitely can be a root for love to grow, which takes time, sometimes even a lifetime.

Scientists and sociologists, wanting to make an impact from their studies, tend to believe they've nailed the big one, the theory of everything, like in this case thinking they've nailed down "love" when obviously the more accurate term would have been "attraction."

Love, just like conciousness, is hard to nail down. Up to now, mankind hasn't yet pinpointed the biological and chemical sources of consciousness and also love. All the talk on oxytoxins, pheromones, and other so called "love chemicals" are just tools for attracting the opposite sex. Again, the key word here is "attracting", and it is not necessarily love.

Love is a transendent emotion, it goes beyond the sum of all parts of man's chemistry. Sadly, not all couples experience true love, but those who have attained true love, often developed years after they've first felt the chemical impulses brought about by attraction, are truly blessed indeed.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

As for beauty and the successful beast pairings, I did post on the previous page of this thread as to why men tend to go for physical beauty and women tend to go for success. Nature simply programmed us for efficient propagation of genes, as the following equations portray:

Physical beauty = health = higher chances of fertility and conception

Success = resources for kids to grow up healthy = higher chances for further gene propagation

I have no qualms dating ugly men. As long as the conversation is stimulating and decent naman yung guy, solve na ko! :cool: Looks aren't everything. On the other hand, meron din namang good looking guys diyan na decent, honest and humble. Minsan yung mga pangit pa nga yung sobrang yabang at iba kung manloko.

• 2 weeks later...
this is a question intended for "beautiful women", posted by a man, i suppose. but most replies came from men - ugly or otherwise. i wonder why.

this thread is so full of standards, weeding out women who aren't beautiful, and limiting to men who aren't ugly.

and it reeks with generalization.

pardon me.

but to answer your question, SOME beautiful women fall for dermatologically-challenged men probably because the apollos and adonises either turned gay, fat, high-and-all-mighty or got married. 

but you see like beauty, ugliness is only skin-deep. there are quite a number of ugly people in divine packages. and a lot of beautiful people hidden in simple to shabby clothes.

Standards: an inquiring thought, but otherwise the truth is indeed slapping people in the face.

Though this could also be considered as the proverbial 'testing of the waters', I suppose there might be some sort of explanation to this. I'd be a hypocrite (and I'll be glad to be called that) if I knew the answer, but mainly we are all people of standards despite of the level.

Probably because I have lost someone I love so I consider myself a widower even if I never get to say 'I do'.

Oh well, I guess we tend to be picky.

y u ask ???

coz most of the time we see them walking ...

why don't u check out the parking lot of a mall .... wait .... and see... that most women who fell for ugly men .. either have flashy cars ... rich .. or famous ....

PRACTICAL that's the word for it .. guwapo nga wala ka naman makain .. e d pangit na lang . basta madami pera ....e kung artista e di sikat ka na din ....kahit pangit yung artista ....Ugly men have the same traits as to fair looking and gorgeous men... we are all hot blooded males ... mas malaking plus lang talaga na madami kang pera .... kahit pangit ka kayang kaya ..... reality bites ... but that's life .. so if u want to get those hot steaming chicks .. either you do drug deals ... or work 24 hours a day to earn and be rich ..just sharing points of view..... :hypocritesmiley:

women fall for ugly men because they give it their best shot... as for guys who look good... yeah, they look good but their ego, the size of uranus!!!  :lol:  so focus... when you really like the girl... please her... and show the girl you really want her...  :cool:

not all goodlooking men fall under your description. :) yung mga lalaking hindi kagwapuhan, wag insecure sa mga lalaking may face value.

saka hindi lang sa mukha nakukuha yun. if you can't have a face, at least have a body to die for... ang dami po kayang gym dyan! :D

mas nakakainis kung pangit na nga masama pa ugali. yun ang total turn off. :boo:

First impressions count but then again dog-eared books are usually more interesting to read. Get the point? Maraming matatalinong panget sa mundo na mas masarap kasama kesa sa mga poging puro sipon lang ang laman ng buko.

I don't look good that's why I defend the side of the uglies. I'm already intelligent and believe me, I'm not enjoying it. In reality? Girls still go for the handsome cuties :grr: :grr: :grr:

I think statistically, most people subconsciously go for those who are about the same level as they are in terms of looks. That is, rated 6 guys would go for rated 6 gals, and vice versa. Many would try their luck on those with higher ratings, but subconsciously, they'll eventually accept someone with the same ratings as they are, unless they got really lucky.

Now "mismatches" of a high-rated person hooking up with a low-rated partner are a very small minority, almost an exception to the rule. It's just that they strike our attention more, stand out in a crowd, and thus make us believe that many mismatches do occur.

Let's say on a crowded sunday in megamall where you could see hundreds of couples from all walks of life. Out of these hundreds of couples, you'll notice only those who are both attractive, and also those with only one partner in the pair attractive. Then your attention focuses on this unusual pair in a sea of couples, and start believing that unusual pairings are common.

Just like any natural phenomenon, pairings do follow a normal curve. The great majority pairing up with a partner rated the same as they are (rated 7 on a 7, rated 10 on a 10, etc.) And some minority of mismatches falling on the tail of the bell curve. Of course these mismathes occur due to a number of reasons, and most of them have been discussed here on this thread.

y u ask ???

coz most of the time we see them walking ...

why don't u check out the parking lot of a mall .... wait .... and see... that most women who fell for ugly men .. either have flashy cars ... rich .. or famous ....

PRACTICAL  that's the word for it .. guwapo nga wala ka naman makain .. e d pangit na lang . basta madami pera ....e kung artista e di sikat ka na din ....kahit pangit yung artista ....Ugly men have the same traits as to fair looking and gorgeous men... we are all hot blooded males ... mas malaking plus lang talaga na madami kang pera ....  kahit pangit ka kayang kaya ..... reality bites ... but that's  life .. so if u want to get those hot steaming chicks .. either you do drug deals ... or work 24 hours a day to earn and be rich ..just sharing points of view..... :hypocritesmiley:

:P totoo yan ha...hhhmmm