How Often Do You Get Sick?

I get my yearly sickness during my birth month, October. That means i get so sick that i can't get out of bed. I usually get colds twice a year, most of the time during Christmas. For this year, i still havnt been bed sick yet... but I feel the stress coming... lapit na October

i have migraine attacks at least once a month, while leaves me really immobile.

i have rhinitis attacks once a year. pag nagpapalit ang weather from the colder months to summer months.

fever, last time i had was around 3 years ago.

cough, last time i had was last year.

my gulay... for the past two months, my allergic rhinitis has rendered me sick and sniffling a lot... siguro every 3 days, i have to nebulize, steam inhalate, take antihistamines, etc aside from the nasal spray everyday... and twice, it got so bad it turned na into sinusitis.... and i had to take bloody antibiotics...

the erratic weather is bad for my sinuses ever!

I get sick about once every 3-5 years after I was 12 years old...and when everyone else is on their death bed with a fever/flu, I just feel "like crap" but am still functional.

The trade-off is that I have really bad allergies...the price to be paid for a very strong immune system is that it gets bored and decides to fight everything that it comes in contact with...hence an allergy.

hmmmm... actually, they say that the onset of colds bourne through allergies are an indicator of stress...

there is another study that I remember to have read stating that colds is a reflex action done by your body to tell your consciousness that you're pushing it.. usually this is cured by high doses of vitamin E and glutamine...

why these two supplements? i don't know...

i think i have to agree with this... I was sick last week with allergic rhinitis and fever... u have a runny nose (non-stop) for 3 days... maybe i was too stressed thinking about my new work and the pressure to sustain me in my training... sadly i have to drop my extra activities including working out in the gym and transferring to this new gym , internet stuff, etc... i'm planning to buy myself vitamins and stuff...

hmmmm... actually, they say that the onset of colds bourne through allergies are an indicator of stress...

there is another study that I remember to have read stating that colds is a reflex action done by your body to tell your consciousness that you're pushing it.. usually this is cured by high doses of vitamin E and glutamine...

why these two supplements? i don't know...

This year, I have been very sickly.

January - One Saturday evening, I was rushed to the emergency room in Berkeley due to dehydration. I had to stay at the ER until 3am because of the two IV bags that I had to "consume." I took three days off the following week.

June - What started as a sore throat became aggravated and turned into acute pharyngitis complicated by my allergic rhinitis. I had to be off five days.

Aargh! I'm so sickly so I enrolled in Curves for Women during the last week of August. I've done 4 workouts so far and the fifth will be today after work. Am taking Centrum also for my multi-vitamins. I hope I won't get sick till the end of the year especially in December when I return to the Philippines for a much-needed vacation.

Edited by muffy69
  • 3 weeks later...

cmula noong nakulong ako hindi pa ako nagkakasakit. March 17, 2005. I was incarcerated in Camp Bagong Diwa Center for the Ultimate Rehabilation of Drug Dependents. Frame-up lang, but it was the best for health.

No alcohol, no drugs, no cigarrettes, no violence. Exercise every morning. From March 17 until now, hindi pa ako nagkakasipon or ubo man lang. Samantalang dati, mautot lang ako, dumudugo ilong ko.

Go to rehab, the best place to restore your health.

I'm sick again...I've been sleeping late lately and when that happens, my allergic rhinitis will just trigger up.

Ask yourself why you are sick all of the time. You know the answer already. Working yourself to death might seem noble, but if your work is left incomplete, it's hard to be a blessing to anyone...

You need to find a way to make yourself stronger. Just think of how much more effeciently you'd work if you were strong and healthy....not to mention the money you would save in your future health-care bills should you heed what I'm saying...

Granted I made most of my money in computers and marketing, but it probably aged me 10 years in the span of my two most stressful years while building the SEO network. The last 12 months especially has been recovery for me. I was lucky to have the hardest and most stressful portion of the building process last 2 years. The ironic thing is that my physical strength is what allowed me to work 18-20 hours per day for 2 years straight...and that's not an exageration. The 18 hour days were days that I went to the gym. Sleeping 2-3 hours per night was the norm.