on Jasmine rice

#22 Spurt

Spurt

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:58 PM

people's palace in greenbelt... hmm sarap and also the thai outlet inside dusit - chef alex had a very good oriental experience.

#23 anakng

anakng

Player

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:34 PM

i love thai food ...

Try SOM's near Grilla in Kalayaan Avenue ... sa labas lang ng bakod ng Lopez drive going to Rockwell.

#24 Joie

Joie

The Baroness

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:33 AM

Nothing beats Thai street food.

You can actually get a full course dinner on the streets along Silom in Thailand...

And their Thai Papaya Salad with the crushed talangka , while an acquired taste, is to die for.

Not to mention the skewered fruits they sell of the streets, the spicy tamarind that the street peddlers hawk, those little barbeque/kebabs that are grilled by the roadside.

The variety and depth of Thai street food is just amazing - there is a street food for every meal!

#25 battlemaster_2006

battlemaster_2006

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:06 PM

thai food....

i miss the thai canteen in the up campus

the one that used to be in the international center

and moved to tandang sora

the owner is thai, and they serve the best tom yam i've tasted in the philippines

#26 grecogrec

grecogrec

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:25 AM

I like the fried chicken and spareribs of Krua Thai.

#27 redshirt

redshirt

Theres no "us" in me

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:12 PM

i like the chilli sauce called pra neom( im not sure with the spelling) and the plum sauce...

I also love pad thai and tom yam....

Is dusit thai still open??

#28 lomex32

lomex32

The Eye from the Sky

• Ambassador
  • 10,551 posts
  • Interests:Automobiles, travel, cooking, computer gaming,

Posted 28 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

I love that food as much as i love Thai Girls

Sawatdee kah

Mai pen rai?

Khobkun mahk

#29 snowflake

snowflake

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:internet, FOOD, babes!

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:00 AM

As a corn lover, I always made sure I buy that shredded corn and eat it with niyog. Akala mo puto.
Their corn when sliced doesn't scatter, it looks like sliced ham.

I remember eating siomai from a kid vendor near my hotel, grabe sarap!!!!
Iba talaga mga food gimmicks ng mga thai! I remember drinking beer on the sidewalks with noodles as dinner.

Man, their skewers rules! Sarap!

Nothing beats Thai street food.

You can actually get a full course dinner on the streets along Silom in Thailand...

And their Thai Papaya Salad with the crushed talangka , while an acquired taste, is to die for.

Not to mention the skewered fruits they sell of the streets, the spicy tamarind that the street peddlers hawk, those little barbeque/kebabs that are grilled by the roadside.

The variety and depth of Thai street food is just amazing - there is a street food for every meal!

#30 Flak_Broke

Flak_Broke

Devirginized

• (02) Sinless
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:40 AM

Pad Thai! It's sauteed beef noodles sprinkled with lemon.

The one and only Thai dish I like, so far.

#31 mikz929

mikz929

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:48 PM

...S.R. Thai near UST serves great and affordable thai dishes....especially pad thai...love it... :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

#32 myso

myso

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:<br />*Movies <br />*Fashion <br />*Food<br />*Crafts <br />*Magazines <br />*Books. <br />*Interactive Forums <br />*Blogging.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

Love eating at Muang Thai in Banawe! Sarap ng catfish nila

#33 boratsagdiyev

boratsagdiyev

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:48 AM

I love Thai food, spent weeks in Bangkok with my ass literally burning.

Don't know if the Philippine market can absorb all Thai products. But I send you the best of luck.

For Thai food, I get my fix at Sala Thai near PWU. In Makati I go to Som's (which is a little too sweet) but good anyway.

#34 ChiliMac

ChiliMac

TomTom ng Yagit

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Interests:donna 09062509618

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:25 AM

S.R. in UST nga ok dyan, yung Mai Thai yata sa Robinson's Place ok din.

#35 lomex32

lomex32

The Eye from the Sky

• Ambassador
  • 10,551 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:36 AM

Just saw this place last weekend

I find the hygene questionable

The place have a few Thai memorabillas

It is along P. Noval near the corner of España.

What do u recommend to order here aside from Pad Thai?

...S.R. Thai near UST serves great and affordable thai dishes....especially pad thai...love it... :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

#36 roaddog z

roaddog z

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:19 PM

Thai at Silk located in the Serendra Piazza at the Fort. Very Good Tom Yung Kung soup and check out their Pad Thai & fish grilled in banana leaf w/ curry.
Attached File  1.jpg   108.89KB   0 downloads Attached File  2.jpg   47.96KB   0 downloads :)

#37 juancarlos_enriquez

juancarlos_enriquez

Lover

• (05) Regular
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:41 AM

Although di sya purely Thai food, the Banana Leaf has some excellent Thai dishes in its menu.

#38 sally bogna mathay

sally bogna mathay

Lover

• (05) Regular
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:13 PM

To the fellow, thinking of putting up a Thai resto, let's meet and talk. Here's my 3 cents on Thai food.

I lived and worked in Bangkok for 11 years, so I guess I can speak with some authority on Thai food. One of my favorite pastimes was to check out noodle shops on every street and compare the taste of my favorite dishes. Surprisingly, there aren't two noodle shops that serve exactly the same tasting food. I have posted some other stuff on Thai food in the Secret places in Bangkok thread.

The key to Thai food is that almost every dish usually has all the tastes (spicy, salty, sweet, sour, sometimes bitter). Like someone in this thread posted, you cannot substitute for ingredients not available in RP. For example, the kaffir lime leaves and galanggal (a type of ginger) that are both key to making tom yum kung (spicy shrimp soup) are not available on a commercial quantity. You can only find them in the specialty section of some supermarkets.

I also want to stress that some Thai restaurants in Manila have adjusted the taste of some of the dishes they serve, apparently, to suit the Filipino palate. To me, that is culinary cheating. Thai food must be served as it is served in the streets of Bangkok. The best Thai restaurant to me was Ayutthaya (used to be located somewhere at St. Francis square behind SM megamall). It was run by the daughter of Gen. Rafael Ileto, who was previously ambassador to Bangkok. Prices were a a bit steep, but everything was genuine. The Sala Thai near PWU is also okay, particularly since their prices are reasonable. I donlt know if Krung Thai is still operating in Makati. The Muang Thai on Banawe was disappointing, because the khao phat khai (fried rice w/ chicken) that I ordered during my only visit there about ten years ago was cooked in butter (horrors!). I never got to try the Thai resto at UP, although people I know who did swore that the food was authentic Thai. The oodys (tama ba?) look pricey and I have yet to try them. However, they seem to serve too many kinds of dishes (as based on the menu) that the focus might no longer be on Thai food. I read a news article on PDI a year ago that a new Thai resto was going to open at Festival mall in Alabang. Can anyone tell me if this pushed through?

There's a resto at Shangri-La mall on Shaw, Penang Hill. They serve some Thai food, but was not able to try it because we settled for samossa and other Indian stuff.

Will post other observations and opinions on Thai food next time.

#39 juancarlos_enriquez

juancarlos_enriquez

Lover

• (05) Regular
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:20 PM

SR in Katipunan.

#40 lomex32

lomex32

The Eye from the Sky

• Ambassador
  • 10,551 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

I just tried SR at the side of UST

soso lang...

I duplicated the Seafood fried rice and Pad Thai at home ..... i had a bottle of authentic pad thai sauce,
bought prawns, bean sprouts, squid, peanuts etc ... :boo:

SR in Katipunan.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users