#21 DonImus

DonImus

"Not for hire."

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:31 PM

hi! i have a stupid question: where can we buy blue chips online?

im also looking for venues to invest some of my savings. ^^

It's not a stupid question. Actually, a lot of people don't know where to start when it comes to playing in the stock market. In a way it's not off-topic since you asked about blue chips which you typically hold long term compared to the second liners and the chupita stocks.

You have two ways of going about this either through a red-blooded broker or through online systems. The advantage of going through a broker is the input and the guidance they can provide but if you're shy (which is typically the case) you can go to these sites: firstmetrosec.com.ph, bpiexpressonline.com, citiseconline.com. there maybe others (i doubt it) but these are the ones worth their salt.

Now since you mentioned you wanted to invest in blue chips i'm assuming you won't be trading actively but rather like a wham-bam-thankyou-m'am kind of thing where you just buy and forget about it. I suggest you go through a live broker so that you can be given the proper recommendations. Log in to pse.com.ph for the FAQ and a list of the member brokers and their contact numbers. Hope this helps :)

#22 ZedX7

ZedX7

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:sex, money, sex, gadgets, more sex, espa, sleep

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:02 PM

Just like to inform you guys...Metrobank is offering lower Tier 2 from Oct. 1 to Oct. 10, 2007. It is a subordinated debt instrument issued by Metrobank with term of 10 years but callable in 5 years. Minimum placement is P500,000.00 with interest quoted at 7% net (highest in the market as of date) payable every quarter. If anyone's interested, just PM me for details. Hurry, offer period ends Oct. 10, 2007.

#23 ZedX7

ZedX7

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:sex, money, sex, gadgets, more sex, espa, sleep

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:14 PM

LT2 of Metrobank is a tradeable instrument. Pretermination is not allowed, however, you can buy or sell these if there's demand/supply. Bid price/offer will be determined at the time of trade hence you may experience capital gain or capital loss as the case may be.

#24 magnus

magnus

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:18 PM

isn't 7% just more or less enough to offset the inflation?

Just like to inform you guys...Metrobank is offering lower Tier 2 from Oct. 1 to Oct. 10, 2007. It is a subordinated debt instrument issued by Metrobank with term of 10 years but callable in 5 years. Minimum placement is P500,000.00 with interest quoted at 7% net (highest in the market as of date) payable every quarter. If anyone's interested, just PM me for details. Hurry, offer period ends Oct. 10, 2007.

#25 magnus

magnus

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:26 PM

online systems are also brokers. you can only buy a stock through a broker. hehehe

what i think you mean is "online systems" and a "consultant" broker/agent. i'm not really certain what is the proper term for the latter.

anyway an online system is for the broker to let you place orders on your own and trade on your own. before online systems you need make a call to your broker/agent and he/she will place your order. and since may human interaction, more often than not you consult with that person on what the good buys or sells are.

You have two ways of going about this either through a red-blooded broker or through online systems. The advantage of going through a broker is the input and the guidance they can provide but if you're shy (which is typically the case) you can go to these sites: firstmetrosec.com.ph, bpiexpressonline.com, citiseconline.com. there maybe others (i doubt it) but these are the ones worth their salt.

#26 Dr_PepPeR

Dr_PepPeR

do not disturb - already disturbed!

• Ambassador
  • 8,462 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:33 AM

isn't 7% just more or less enough to offset the inflation?

And the alternative fixed income investment solution is......???

#27 idunno

idunno

Hottie

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:02 PM

Gold, as a long term investment (10 yrs up), actually yields more than S&P500 and 10-Yr T bond.

http://www.gold-eagl...vsky122204.html

#28 joss

joss

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:36 PM

Gold, as a long term investment (10 yrs up), actually yields more than S&P500 and 10-Yr T bond.

saan ba nakakabili ng gold dito sa pinas? Saudi kasi dali lang bumili ng gold at ang baba ng commision dito kaya sa atin paano ang systema?

di ba mahal na ginto ngayon? tataas pa kaya ? kasi sobrang taas na talaga.

#29 Dr_PepPeR

Dr_PepPeR

• Ambassador
  • 8,462 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:30 AM

That may be true historically, but is historical performance a guaranty of future returns? Ten years is a long long time to find out.

#30 id6230

id6230

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:37 AM

If you invest in gold, 10% of your total portfolio should be the maximum.

#31 cherrrrypickerrrr

cherrrrypickerrrr

Traveling Salesman

• (12) Mega Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,488 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:32 PM

land especially high commercialized lands will yield you far better than money market..consider this

agricultural land 1980's 1 hectare aprox 10,000 pesos now around 1m
commercial land 1980's 50 sqm for 10,000 too with rent will be worth around 2m if the land is worth around 40t now
stocks ur 10,000 will probably be 200,000 if you invested on smc shares
time deposits 10,000 will yield an average of 7% for 30 years net of taxes will amount to 76,000

#32 Mr.Monday

Mr.Monday

MOD MALANTOD

• 10,175 posts
  • Interests:Kung sino man papatol sakin. Di ako choosy. bwuahahaha

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

That is if you have enough capital to start investing in real/property estates :P
ala ka mabibiling land ngayon in less than 1 million :)

#33 extreme1

extreme1

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:Rocket Science, Atomic and Nuclear Physics

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

Guys if you would just know how ForEx trading works, you will realize that it is better than stocks and mutual funds.
and it can also be considered as a good long term investment

I work at a company at makati that is in the business of ForEx trading.

If you want to know everything about ForEx trading or our company just send me a pm or contact me at 09** *** ****

Public posting of contact numbers on the board is not allowed. Please refer to the Posting Primer for your guidance. Thank you. - DarkAngel

Edited by DarkAngel, 04 February 2008 - 03:06 PM.

#34 marketmover

marketmover

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

taking inflation into account, i think the best long term investment is still putting up your own business and secondly investing in the stock market.

#35 Dr_PepPeR

Dr_PepPeR

• Ambassador
  • 8,462 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:31 AM

taking inflation into account, i think the best long term investment is still putting up your own business and secondly investing in the stock market.

It still depends on your risk appetite.

#36 dominowanderlust

dominowanderlust

Devirginized

• (02) Sinless
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

It still depends on your risk appetite.

Hello everyone, i would like your opinion on whether the GSIS MUTUAL FUND is as good as they advertise it. They claim annualized returns approaching 20%. Thanks for any info

#37 scooby91

scooby91

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

Hello everyone, i would like your opinion on whether the GSIS MUTUAL FUND is as good as they advertise it. They claim annualized returns approaching 20%. Thanks for any info

suggest you read the fund's prospectus... past performance doesnt guarantee future success.
trade safely.

#38 idunno

idunno

Hottie

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:38 PM

Investing in wine is also shown to have handsome returns in the long-term. It is not easy to do it here in the Phils though. Masisira lang sa init ng panahon dito.

#39 Google

Google

The Russian Mafia

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Gym, Computers, Extreme Sports, Outdoor Sports, Beach, Basketball, Badminton

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

Investing in wine is also shown to have handsome returns in the long-term. It is not easy to do it here in the Phils though. Masisira lang sa init ng panahon dito.

this is true in the States and in Europe, but imho, not applicable here in the Philippines. why? aside from the hot weather as stated, iinumin lang yan ng mga pinoy....

for me, i think the best long term investment is real-estate.

#40 scooby91

scooby91

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

Im planning to get 5yr Tax free - Time deposit account with BPI Family, but their int rate is still 5.25%.
I think the 1yr T-Bills are doing better but hassle ata mag purchase nito.. any tips/advice?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users