Do You Sometimes Crave For Shawarma? San Masarap?

I have tried the shawarma at Araneta and found it a bit bland. Same thing at Town Center in Alabang - a concoction (fusion) of Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and Filipino spices.

I still prefer what we enjoy here in Jeddah prepared by Lebanese men. However, they tend to be too oily but I guess that’s what make me salivate. I prefer chicken over beef or mutton glazed with a little hot sauce....sluuuurppp!!!

I have tried the shawarma at Araneta and found it a bit bland.  Same thing at Town Center in Alabang - a concoction (fusion) of Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and Filipino spices.

I still prefer what we enjoy here in Jeddah prepared by Lebanese men.  However, they tend to be too oily but I guess that’s what make me salivate.  I prefer chicken over beef or mutton glazed with a little hot sauce....sluuuurppp!!!

YEA!!!! Lalo na yung sa may Lebanese Fruit Juice Restaurant na malapit sa may Al-Bawadi district hehehhehe.

Those shawarma stalls in Harisson Plaza..

Yipeee!!! Tried that before (am from Salama District).... really good! :thumbsupsmiley:

That from Corniche Center along the main road isn't as good as before. :thumbsdownsmiley: I wonder if they have changed their recipe (secret one as in KFC). :unsure:

Try one from Shawarmatec and that from Shami... they are not too oily. Just enough to keep your lips moist! But not too much, you'll end up running to the toilet... ooops :huh: ...talking from personal experience! :boo:

Just to add, the place everyone refers to in Manila is called "Shawarma Snack Center", and was formerly known as "Golden Ship". I'd stick to the chicken Shawarma though... a friend of mine asked the owner how he's able to keep the prices down for the beef; he said his secret was CARABEEF!

Anyway, it's still a good place... don't limit yourself to the Shawarma and try the Chicken Biryani and the Falafel. And the Taquire (peppermint) Tea.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to add, the place everyone refers to in Manila is called "Shawarma Snack Center", and was formerly known as "Golden Ship".  I'd stick to the chicken Shawarma though... a friend of mine asked the owner how he's able to keep the prices down for the beef; he said his secret was CARABEEF!

Anyway, it's still a good place... don't limit yourself to the Shawarma and try the Chicken Biryani and the Falafel.  And the Taquire (peppermint) Tea.

Yup, I remember going to this place in the early 90's. Then the "shawarma boom", they put up branches along Makati Ave and Maysilo Circle. Its been a long time since I last tasted their shawarma. Makabalik nga. Thanks to Aramis for the tip about the beef or rather carabeef shawarma.