Photo

Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

#ChangeisComing DU30 Pres. Rodrigo Duterte PRRD

• Please log in to reply
1980 replies to this topic

#1 Edmund Dantes

Edmund Dantes

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3878 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:30 AM

I do not expect our next president to be perfect. For sure he will make mistakes, he will have critics, he will definitely have enemies. To top that all its really really reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally hard to please the people being president. Sige nga? Sinong propeta ba na umupo sa malacanang since Marcos ang hinihirang ng lahat na Bayani? Lahat naman sila sablay. But let me enlist the things I would expect from the new President

1. Stop playing divide and conquer. Huwag pagsabungin mayayaman sa mahihirap. This is one of the main reasons why I consider President Erap as the worst ever! Lagi nya pinaghahati mayayaman at mahihirap sa paraang makikinabang sya, be it tuwing eleksyon or para manatili sa pwesto. Others seem to follow the formula. Katawa kay Erap, para sa mahirap daw pero sa issue ng coco levy funds sino ba mas pinaboran nya? Yun magsasaka o yun pareng Danding nya? A head of the nation should stand for unity not divisiveness

2. Please do not neglect the middle class. Hindi naman pwedeng laging libreng ganito sa mahihirap, gobyernong para sa mahirap, puso sa mahihirap. Eh powtek, tayo yun anlaki laki ng kaltas sa sahod lagi dahil sa buwis ah. Wala rin ba tayong mga pangangailangan? Makapagtapos ka nga ng college di mo naman alam kung me maayos kang trabaho. Give them maayos ayos na benepisyo. Lalo na siguro yun mga sundalo, pulis, at public school teachers. Sila itong hirap na hirap umutang sa pagibig, pero yun mga squatter naman ang dali makakuha ng libreng pabahay.

3. Accept criticisms from time to time especially when it is fair. You do own up to your shortcomings, that is good. Keep it up. Huwag yun kagaya ng iba dyan na huli mo na nga, magpapalusot pa at mayabang pa ehem sotto ehem.

4. Work your ass off! People will expect to see this from you. Huwag puro sosyalan at golf. Be a hands on president as much as you can. Try to really bring gains to this country na mararamdaman ng tao. Statistics are nice, but when that does not exactly translate into having more on your groceries, having better service from the government, or even spending less time on gruelling traffic, statistics are just numbers you can wipe your ass with. I think this will really earn your validation from the people.

5. Stay true to the people. They are your true ally, not your political friends or campaign contributors.

6. Just go kick some ass! Umpisahan mo na sa NAIA Pres. Digong, matagal na kaming banas na banas sa mga tao dyan.

O kayo na lang dagdag.

Edited by FleurDeLune, 21 July 2016 - 11:54 PM.
added tags

• FleurDeLune likes this

#2 vkalbos

vkalbos

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Reading, Girls, Beers, and Golf every sunday evening.

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:31 PM

Siguraduhin nyang tataba ang mga isda sa manila bay...

hehehe...

#3 Edmund Dantes

Edmund Dantes

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3878 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:43 PM

Be easy also with Leni if she will become his VP

Actually maganda nga tandem nila. Kasi pareho silang galing sa mas maliit na pwesto ngayon dalawang pinakamakapangyarihang tao na sa bansa. Pareho naman silang naniniwala sa humble lifestyle. Magandang ehemplo yan sa ibang mamumuno.

Huwag sana sila sana magbangayan tulad ni PNoy at Binay. Maganda magteam up na lang sila ng maayos. Si Rody yun siga, si Leni naman yun Muse. O perfect combination di ba?

At tsaka, tutal chickboy naman si Digong, dyan na lang gamitin kay Maam Leni tutal byuda na sya. O ha! Love team sa malacanang. Panalo

• Aey.Sean likes this

#4 Edmund Dantes

Edmund Dantes

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3878 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

OK serious note

Immediate actions needed on the following

NAIA laglag bala and other scams. Transportation in metro manila. El Nino

#5 haroots2

haroots2

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3177 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:37 PM

Drastically drop down the criminal rate in our country especially drug related.

Brings back Death Penalty for Drug Lords, rapists, murderers and plunderers.

Long term plan for  mass transportation.

Tax reforms for middle class

More benefits for senior citizens.

#6 glut_func

glut_func

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1691 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

im hoping that he can clean up manila - mula sa mga illegal settlers, traffic woes, pasaway na vendors and of course, exponentially reduce crime rate in the city. 

#7 MrChase

MrChase

Someone's Chase

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:10 PM

I will have to start with playing around with the pledge of allegiance a little for this one (English version though, sorry):

I am a Filipino.

I pledge my allegiance

To the flag of the Philippines,

And to the country it represents.

With honor, probably lots of justice and maybe a bit less freedom,

Put in motion by one man leading the Nation,

For God,

For the people who will be left standing,

For Nature

And for the Country.

Ok many apologies for that. Well, I'll be honest my vote didn't go to him, but now it's my duty to contribute to make it all work.

I don't see a perfect presidency as well, but I do expect a stronger President who can enact, and not just react. The country now potentially has a strong face to show to the world, and to our fellowmen I suppose he can inspire us to act through action himself. There's a crapload of issues to address, but it's about doing more addressing than piling up more issues in the end I believe.

Corruption's on the top of the list, but really, even the US and other countries still suffer from corruption, just not on a level like ours. There's lots of solutions, but I think I have my take on that later. 

From an economical point of view, I do expect stronger focus on building up agriculture and local industry (technical, service based and manufacturing). If the government has more of a fist now, I believe we can make things work in the countryside and set up the foundation for a really better economy that can sustain us and propel us to the future. It's not about being pro-poor or pro-farmers, but I do know a well-fed Filipino can be a strong Filipino. It's for all of us, really. We keep trying to catch up to the other countries in terms of economic power from a business perspective, but we import our rice for one, and I believe we still import a lot of the things that sell here in the country. Imagine if President Duterte gets the gears running and not so far off we're the ones exporting the goods wholesale, won't that be a good step in the right way?   

Traffic? Of course I hear about speed limits, but I do expect programs that shift opportunities away from Metro Manila. Decongest, build up the other places, and then we can talk development and business, and then when there's less people in the NCR, and more people progressing elsewhere in the country, then we can talk about infrastructure.

Well, for me that's just the tip of things I'd like to see, and of course it's not going to be just him. Above all, I do expect President Duterte to surround himself with the right people who get the job done. Corruption can be put in check if the right people are helping you fight it. It can't be quashed completely, but I believe it can be quashed enough to allow progress to occur on a bigger scale. With the right people, you can pass the right laws, and execute policy against those who start to become a liability to the system, and keep them in line or legally and humanely take them out of the equation entirely.  

As the figurehead and executor (not executioner) of national policy, I do expect a strong leader. Not perfect, but strong and firm. There will be enemies, and there will be critics, but for those, I believe there will always be a good answer.

Looking forward to the next couple of years. I've heard Mr. Joey Ayala say that we're a 'swaying' people, not the marching type, but I do hope President Duterte and his administration can get us all to start marching.  

• FleurDeLune likes this

#8 punkee

punkee

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:39 AM

No amount of plans and schemes to solve traffic in the metro will work if we keep allowing monster shopping malls to keep building on already congested hiways.

I hope Du30 can put a S.T.O.P. to this.

None of the candidates ever mentioned this as part of the overall plan during the debates. Takot mawalan ng support from the taipans I guess.

#9 silverarrow

silverarrow

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:49 AM

i hope Pres Duterte will show where did the Yolanda fund go. Too many poor people already in the streets that needs help this is in manila

#10 BaklaKaBa II ?!?!

BaklaKaBa II ?!?!

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

main goal is to lessen criminals, i believe he can do it in 6 months

#11 baMbee🐝

baMbee🐝

Patron

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1637 posts
  • Interests:Travel, love, more
    🔴Beautiful, sexy, sweet
    🔵Maayos kausap
    ⚫Top massage, service

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

Strong and effective leadership.

He can help on these:
Security - lessen crimes
Reduce drugs
Women empowerment
Child protection
Economy with his 8-point agenda
Discipline
Corruption - lessen
Reduce smoking and alcohol
Improvement of Mindao
Better negotiations with rebels - i hope
Strong stand on issues - hindi bakla kagaya ni PNoY
Punish those who are not performing
Maintain good relationship and trade with ither countries
Be strict on those who take advantage

These are my expectations.

#12 arsonist2010

arsonist2010

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2723 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

magpakatotoo sana sya sa 3 to 6 months na sinasabi niyang zero crime.. pag indi ay dapat sya mag resign para bumaba pa rin syang nakataas ang noo

#13 RobertDowney

RobertDowney

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:59 AM

I expect him to ride a jetski and plant a flag sa scarborough shoal as he has said with so much conviction in the debates. Of course once we have won our case sa UN. Otherwise he will lose a lot of credibility.

Hopefully he can implement his ordinances in Davao in the entire country kase i think those are good.

Also will expect him to appoint a competent cabinet kase he would need one to run this countr properly.

He has the benefit of the doubt especially since he has a 40% mandate considering 5 of them were running, but a lot of us will be watching if he can really deliver.

I hope this guy at 71 yrs old would fulfill the people expectations of him, and not blame him like what they did to Noynoy.

#14 Zanjoe Marudo

Zanjoe Marudo

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:53 PM

Change! Discipline!

#15 everyman

everyman

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:32 PM

Sana gumiising na siya ng maaga hahaha

#16 Ryuji_tanaka

Ryuji_tanaka

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3358 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:02 PM

Lets start with his strong points:

Cleaning up the crocodile farm that is the government.

Sending the drug lords, gambling lords, and crime lords, plus rapists, murderers and pedophiles to the Dark Lord (not Binay, the guy in the red suit).

#17 Zchlokz

Zchlokz

Virgin

• (04) Casual
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:13 PM

We follow the law. Became a good citizen. Less head ache for digong and he will concentrate on the criminals. 6 months is possible

#18 Ryuji_tanaka

Ryuji_tanaka

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3358 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

Its all press releases right now, but I expect he will come out swinging once he assumes the throne ;)

Duterte to corrupt cops: Better resign now

https://sg.news.yaho...-000000325.html

#19 Gringo*

Gringo*

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

death penalty sa mag pumatay ng tao at mga drug syndicate.. I want to see one big fish example

#20 Edmund Dantes

Edmund Dantes

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3878 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

Change! Discipline!

Yun mga takot sa disiplina as expected umaalma na dun sa gustong gawin na curfew, smoking ban, karaoke ban, and liquor ban.

Like this one idiot who is bitching that its unfair daw because she works in the BPO industry, and due to her schedule 5am sya pwede unwind at uminom. ugh!

3 klase ng tao para sakin ang humahatak sa bansa natin ng pababa. Mga corrupt, mga kriminal, at mga mamamayang walang disiplina at puro pansarili iniisip.

Dyan sa example ko na yan, problema pa ba dapat ng presidente papano sya "makakaunwind", parang mas importante pa yun karapatan nya maglasing kesa sa pangangailangan na ito ng kaayusan. Konting disiplina lang naman hinihingi di pa maibigay. Kaya sabi ko sa taong ito sya na lang ang umalis ng Pilipinas mabuti pa. Kasi ito ang mga mamamayan na di natin gusto at kelangan.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #ChangeisComing, DU30, Pres. Rodrigo Duterte, PRRD

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

rooster69ph