• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Mutual Fund or UITF? I'm a student with an extra money more than 15k, which type of investment is best suitable for me?

I excluded VUL because di ba pag may work na magkakaroon ka din ng mga insurances and hindi naman pwedeng gamitin yung mga health insurances nila ng sabay sa hospital, right? So in my opinion di siya sulit for a youngster? Tell me if I missed a point about VUL

i know this post is old but here's my take:

uitfs are offered by banks, mutual funds are standalone companies. better to go with an institution that you are more familiar with and/or trust. it might be better to check the prospectus and see what each fund is for. disregard the fancy names and look at what they say they're investing in and how much of their investment pie goes to what item. rule of thumb for most people is that equity type funds lean more to investing in stocks but they do mix in other assets to minimize risk so this could be for long term investors

don't discount VUL, isipin mo pag wala ka work wala ka din employer na nag iinsure sayo hahah some insurance companies are offering attractive schemes

for a student with 15k it might be good to get into an equity fund of if you have the stomach to ride the highs and lows of the stock market though generally stock market tumataas naman over time. maybe invest 12k then use the remaining 3k to buy a couple of quality books on personal finance, the financial system as well as the stock market. but hopefully you already have a good emergency fund set aside first

good luck hopefully even if this reply comes late (i wasn't in mtc yet when you posted) you can get something out of it

Edited by PenetrayShawn
  • 2 years later...
45 minutes ago, zener said:

Malaki po ba kikitain sa crypto? Or mas ok yung sa axie? 

Malaki kung alam mo ung ginagawa mo, gaya ng sabi nag post before you. DYOR talaga saka sa opinyon ko mas ok tingnan ung long term potential. 

Sa axie para sa kin ok pa din naman un nga lng di gaya a few months back na in 1 or 2 month likely na maka ROI ka na kaagad, ngayon kasi kailangan alam mo ung mga axie na need mong bilhin para ma maximize mo ung earnings.

1 minute ago, AlakdangGala said:

Malaki kung alam mo ung ginagawa mo, gaya ng sabi nag post before you. DYOR talaga saka sa opinyon ko mas ok tingnan ung long term potential. 

Sa axie para sa kin ok pa din naman un nga lng di gaya a few months back na in 1 or 2 month likely na maka ROI ka na kaagad, ngayon kasi kailangan alam mo ung mga axie na need mong bilhin para ma maximize mo ung earnings.

Salamat po. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...