Suggest A Good Read...

• 2 weeks later...
maybe its because his works are originally written in italian?  for first time eco readers i would suggest the name of the rose and then move on to his other stuff. 

OT: nice feet

i agree. the name of the rose is relativelyl "light" as compared to his other books...

another good author to hone one's mental saw on would be ayn rand... :) her atlas shrugged remains to be one of my best reads of all time. i like the feeling i got at the end of the book -- after slogging thru a really really complicated novel, i realize that it has the simplest of messages in the end. of course that message would vary across persons too but i hope everyone who reads ayn rand gets that same epiphany of sorts...

OT - thanks ;)

neil gaiman i heard is good, james patterson is another one. jeffrey archer also writes some mean novels. Of course jeffrey deaver has a very big niche in good writing.

w.e.b. griffin is not bad and pretty easy to read. although he's a bit predictable. clive cussler is great entertainment. gabriel garcia marquez for some real profound read.

in the fantasy genre one can try r.a. salvatorre, margaret weiss and tracy hickman, robert jordan, raymond feist and terry goodkind. not to mention j.r.r. tolkien of course.

books of bill cosby are entertaining also for light reads.