LA Lakers

As a Laker fan I wanted Kawhi more than LBJ but if you think about how Kawhi dumped the Spurs by demanding a trade, I think I'm having second thoughts about Kawhi. I think Klay thompson will be a better fit than Kawhi and he'll be a free agent next season.

I agree. Kawhi MVP run have duncan, manu, parker. I am not sure if he can carry the lakers to playoffs. And yes, klay is much better FIT to lakers and an upgrade to KCP/Josh hart.

We can also get anthony davis this year. Probably send ingram and some youngster. Its over for the GSW if we get AD their kryptonite

Well you need a good sidekick or supporting players. Jordan had Pippen, Duncan had Parker, Jabbar had Magic, Curry had Durant (or is it Durant had Curry?) etc.

Lebron choked early in his career but was clutch in his prime. He's at par with Kobe and MJ when it comes to being clutch. There are lots of articles and stats proving this. Only blind Lebron haters are claiming that he's not clutch.

I was just commenting based on the post. Yes, I admit I am a Lechoke hater. Regarding your opinion that Lechoke is clutch, that's what you think. I think otherwise but let's not forget the fact that someone from Boston made the most clutch shot in Cleveland Cavaliers history, Kyrie Irving.

I would just like to comment on this post regarding sidekicks. Yes, Magic was once a sidekick of Jabbar. Jabbar was the man for the Lakers from the time he donned a Lakers uniform until 1986. In 1987, Magic took over as the man for the Lakers. Magic played second fiddle to Jabbar for around 7 years. Larry Bird never played second fiddle to anyone in Boston. He had always been the man in Boston. Hence, this makes him greater than Magic. If Larry had Kareem, they'd win, at least, 8 championships instead of 5. Imagine a Magic Johnson without a Jabbar. He'd probably struggle for the first few years like MJ. Larry took the Cs to the ECF in his rookie season. Remember, Larry was the only addition to that Cs team that went 29-53 a year earlier. In other words, Larry was the big difference for the Cs. Magic already had a 5-time MVP when he joined the Lakers. Larry didn't have a player of Kareem's caliber when he joined the Cs.

Regarding Lechoke being at par with Mamba and His Airness in terms of being clutch, I beg to disagree. In clutch situations, the Lakers went to Kobe instead of Shaq because of Shaq's atrocious free-throw shooting. After Shaq, Kobe was still the undisputed go-to-guy for the Lakers. Jordan was the unquestioned clutch guy with the Bulls. Before Kyrie, Lechoke was the Cavs' go-to guy but when Kyrie came along, either player was the go-to guy for the Cavs. Lechoke would rather pass than hit the clutch shot.

Edited by will robie

I was just commenting based on the post. Yes, I admit I am a Lechoke hater. Regarding your opinion that Lechoke is clutch, that's what you think. I think otherwise but let's not forget the fact that someone from Boston made the most clutch shot in Cleveland Cavaliers history, Kyrie Irving.

I would just like to comment on this post regarding sidekicks. Yes, Magic was once a sidekick of Jabbar. Jabbar was the man for the Lakers from the time he donned a Lakers uniform until 1986. In 1987, Magic took over as the man for the Lakers. Magic played second fiddle to Jabbar for around 7 years. Larry Bird never played second fiddle to anyone in Boston. He had always been the man in Boston. Hence, this makes him greater than Magic. If Larry had Kareem, they'd win, at least, 8 championships instead of 5. Imagine a Magic Johnson without a Jabbar. He'd probably struggle for the first few years like MJ. Larry took the Cs to the ECF in his rookie season. Remember, Larry was the only addition to that Cs team that went 29-53 a year earlier. In other words, Larry was the big difference for the Cs. Magic already had a 5-time MVP when he joined the Lakers. Larry didn't have a player of Kareem's caliber when he joined the Cs.

Regarding Lechoke being at par with Mamba and His Airness in terms of being clutch, I beg to disagree. In clutch situations, the Lakers went to Kobe instead of Shaq because of Shaq's atrocious free-throw shooting. After Shaq, Kobe was still the undisputed go-to-guy for the Lakers. Jordan was the unquestioned clutch guy with the Bulls. Before Kyrie, Lechoke was the Cavs' go-to guy but when Kyrie came along, either player was the go-to guy for the Cavs. Lechoke would rather pass than hit the clutch shot.

Please, it was LeBron who tied that game up. If he had the ball during that last play you can bet he will be more than willing to take a winnig shot. LeBron could be clutch if the opportunity presents itself.

You seem to intentionally leave out that Magic carried the Lakers in the Finals when Kareem was out due to injury. Oh, and they won the finals. And he did it in his rookie season against the mighty Sixers. He took on Kareem’s role as the center when the big guy twisted that ankle.Besides, Kareem was at the twilight of his career when he signed with the Lakers. He could not win a title until Magic came along. He racks up the points but overall leadership still belonged to Magic until he retired. How’s that compared to Bird taking his team to the conference finals in his rookie season? Magic is still greater than Bird. 5 rings are more than 3. Deal with it.

Next time you’re going to make Magic look bad, don’t do it in a Lakers thread.

• Like (+1) 1

I cringe everytime I read "Lechoke" in your posts, sobrang corny kasi, parang Grade 3 nagkukwento

As for your Bird-Magic comparison, don't go acting like Bird did not have a superteam of Prime McHale and Prime Robert Parish also with Dennis Johnson.

And for the clutch comparison, you seem obssessed with the one 3-point shot that Kyrie made that it erased all of LBJ's clutch shot in his career including the clutch block on Iggy on that same series.

I cringe everytime I read "Lechoke" in your posts, sobrang corny kasi, parang Grade 3 nagkukwento

As for your Bird-Magic comparison, don't go acting like Bird did not have a superteam of Prime McHale and Prime Robert Parish also with Dennis Johnson.

And for the clutch comparison, you seem obssessed with the one 3-point shot that Kyrie made that it erased all of LBJ's clutch shot in his career including the clutch block on Iggy on that same series.

If you cringe when I say that, that is not my problem. Also, you are entitled to your opinion.

Did you read and understand my post? I said Larry never had a player of Kareem's caliber in Boston. Read and understand my post again. Did Parish and Mchale even win an MVP?

I am just stating a fact that Kyrie hit the most clutch shot in Cavs history. Did I even say or imply that that shot erased all of Lechoke's clutch shots in his career? Does the truth hurt?

Edited by will robie

Please, it was LeBron who tied that game up. If he had the ball during that last play you can bet he will be more than willing to take a winnig shot. LeBron could be clutch if the opportunity presents itself.

Kyrie won that game for the Cavs. It was tied and when he made that one against Curry, it gave the Cavs a cushion. No Kyrie, no championship. If he had the ball during that play? Why didn't he ask for it? Clearly, he implicitly agreed to an isolation play for Kyrie. He's the man for the Cavs, right? Why didn't he ask for it when the Cavs needed him to shoot it? Kyrie won it for Cleveland.

Edited by will robie

You seem to intentionally leave out that Magic carried the Lakers in the Finals when Kareem was out due to injury. Oh, and they won the finals. And he did it in his rookie season against the mighty Sixers. He took on Kareem’s role as the center when the big guy twisted that ankle.Besides, Kareem was at the twilight of his career when he signed with the Lakers. He could not win a title until Magic came along. He racks up the points but overall leadership still belonged to Magic until he retired. How’s that compared to Bird taking his team to the conference finals in his rookie season? Magic is still greater than Bird. 5 rings are more than 3. Deal with it.

Next time you’re going to make Magic look bad, don’t do it in a Lakers thread.

What? Kareem played until Game 5 until he got injured in that game. What are you talking about? Johnson had an excellent Game 6. I will give him that but one brilliant game is not the series. You are talking about a freaking game. Kareem was at the twilight of his career? Kareem won the Finals MVP in the 1985 Finals. What are you talking about? He was also an NBA First Teamer in 1980, 1981, 1984 and 1986. A guy in the twilight of his career would not be in the All-NBA First Team. He could not win a title until Magic came along? Really? What about the 1971 NBA championship won by the Bucks when he was still Lew Alcindor? Magic is greater than Bird because of championships? Haha! So that makes Robert Horry greater than Magic and Kareem because he had 7 championships. Again, Larry never had a 5-time MVP already in his team when he came on board. Magic was not the man for the Lakers in 1980. He had one brilliant Game 6. I will give him that but Kareem carried the Lakers to the Finals. Magic was a willing sidekick. I am stating hard facts here. Let's not make general statements like Magic was the overall leader of the Lakers in 1980. I am not making Magic look bad. If stating facts makes Magic look bad, well, it is what it is.

Larry is greater than Magic because he never had a 5-time MVP already in his team when he came along, yet, he took a 29-53 team a year earlier to the ECF with him being the only addition. Magic was not the man for the Lakers until 1987. He shared the spotlight with Kareem in LA with Kareem leading the charge from 1979 until 1986. Larry had always been the man in Boston until he retired.

Edited by will robie

I don't give a rat's ass if you cringe. That is your problem.

Did you read and understand my post? I said Larry never had a player of Kareem's caliber in Boston. Read and understand my post again.

No, I am not obsessed. I am stating a fact.

So you're comparing an old Kareem to 2 prime HOF'ers, ok

Plus you're not stating a fact, you're giving out biases, your admission of being a hater alone disqualifies any opinion that comes out of you

So you're comparing an old Kareem to 2 prime HOF'ers, ok

Plus you're not stating a fact, you're giving out biases, your admission of being a hater alone disqualifies any opinion that comes out of you

An old Kareem? Read my reply to startoffbeat before commenting on my post. Yes, I am a Lechoke hater but can you controvert that fact? If you can find a more clutch shot made by a Cav that is a three-pointer in the final minute of the ultimate last game of the season, show it.

Kareem was a 5-time MVP already when he came to the Lakers. He was also an All-NBA First Teamer a couple of times while with the Lakers. Parish and Mchale are not in Kareem's level. Read up on what is an MVP and an NBA First Team member.

Edited by will robie

An old Kareem? Read my reply to startoffbeat before commenting on my post. Yes, I am a Lechoke hater but can you controvert that fact? If you can find a more clutch shot made by a Cav that is a three-pointer in the final minute of the ultimate last game of the season, show it.

Kareem was a 5-time MVP already when he came to the Lakers. He was also an All-NBA First Teamer a couple of times while with the Lakers. Parish and Mchale are not in Kareem's level. Read up on what is an MVP and an NBA First Team member.

I'll do you one better, find a more clutch shot of ANY NBA player during a Game 7 of an NBA Finals, there isn't that many, you're saying as if that shot was an ordinary shot that any great player can have a chance at it.

LOL, 2 HOF role players are better than an already accomplished player when forming a team, any GM knows that.

I'll do you one better, find a more clutch shot of ANY NBA player during a Game 7 of an NBA Finals, there isn't that many, you're saying as if that shot was an ordinary shot that any great player can have a chance at it.

LOL, 2 HOF role players are better than an already accomplished player when forming a team, any GM knows that.

Let's focus on the most clutch shot in Cavs history and don't try to divert the conversation to a clutch shot of any NBA player. I am not even implying that that shot was an ordinary shot that any great player can have a chance at it. Understand what I said. I said that Kyrie made the most clutch shot in Cavs history and, so far, you haven't vitiated it.

Did Mchale or Parish win an MVP? Let alone five MVPS? Answer these questions.

Edited by will robie

Having an MVP does not translate to having a great superteam, you're implying that Magic had a better team because he had an MVP as a sidekick, Bird had a better team because everyone knows their roles as opposed to the Lakers where Magic needs to facilitate.

And LeBron made the most clutch play in Cavs history with that block.

An MVP is not a sidekick. An MVP is the best player in the league for that season and for Jabbar, he was MVP for 5 seasons before Magic even wore the purple and gold. I am not implying, I am explicitly saying Magic had the luxury of having a 5-time MVP on his team when he came on board and he was the sidekick for the first seven seasons of his career. Say what? Bird had a better team because everyone knows their roles as opposed to the Lakers where Magic needs to facilitate? This statement does not make any sense. Jabbar was the main man of the Lakers until 1986. Magic came into his own in 1987 when the torch was passed on to him by Kareem. Answer my question. Did Parish and Mchale win an MVP?

Edited by will robie

Where in my argument did I state that McHale and Parish won an MVP that you keep on asking it?

Yeah and who won the 1986 Finals?, the fact that Magic came into his own, facilitated the team in 1987 and then won the trophy is proof enough that he did not have the luxury of having an MVP teammate.

Having good role players > having an MVP teammate, even the Bulls know that, hell even the Dr. J Sixers and Hakeem Rockets know that.

Where in my argument did I state that McHale and Parish won an MVP that you keep on asking it?

I was merely asking you a question if Mchale and Parish won an MVP. Will you answer it or not?

Yeah and who won the 1986 Finals?, the fact that Magic came into his own, facilitated the team in 1987 and then won the trophy is proof enough that he did not have the luxury of having an MVP teammate.

Haha! What about the titles the Lakers won in 1980, 1982 and 1985? Who was the man for the Lakers in those years?

Having good role players > having an MVP teammate, even the Bulls know that, hell even the Dr. J Sixers and Hakeem Rockets know that.

Yes, having an MVP team mate really helps because Dr. J had one in Moses Malone when the Sixers won its latest championship in 1983.

Edited by will robie

I was merely asking you a question if Mchale and Parish won an MVP. Will you answer it or not?

Haha! What about the titles the Lakers won in 1980, 1982 and 1985? Who was the man for the Lakers in those years?

Haha! 1980 Magic dominated the Sixers, Jabbar got injured and Magic scored 42 points while playing as center, 1982 James Worthy and Magic were the one consistent for Lakers, there was even one game where Kareem scored 6 points and 1985 Jabbar was a 37-year old Finals MVP with A LOT of help from Magic and Worthy.

Haha! 1980 Magic dominated the Sixers, Jabbar got injured and Magic scored 42 points while playing as center, 1982 James Worthy and Magic were the one consistent for Lakers, there was even one game where Kareem scored 6 points and 1985 Jabbar was a 37-year old Finals MVP with A LOT of help from Magic and Worthy.

Is one brilliant game a big deal? So what if Magic dominated the Sixers for one game? Johnson scored 42 points in Game 6 but it was Jabbar who carried the Lakers to the Finals in 1980. Say what? 1982 James Worthy and Magic were the one consistent for Lakers? This doesn't make any sense. Consistent for the regular season or playoffs? Now regarding 1985 Jabbar, he was the Finals MVP and he was still playing at a high level. Larry had always been the one who carried the Cs. The Lakers had Jabbar carrying them from 1979 to 1986 and Johnson took over in 1987.

Edited by will robie

Is one brilliant game a big deal? So what if Magic dominated the Sixers for one game? Johnson scored 42 points in Game 6 but it was Jabbar who carried the Lakers to the Finals in 1980. Say what? 1982 James Worthy and Magic were the one consistent for Lakers? This doesn't make any sense. Consistent for the regular season or playoffs? Now regarding 1985 Jabbar, he was the Finals MVP and he was still playing at a high level. Larry had always been the one who carried the Cs. The Lakers had Jabbar carrying them from 1979 to 1986 and Johnson took over in 1987.

LOL it's better to magnify one good game than one 3 point shot

We're talking about the Finals, why would you confuse it with regular season?, do I really need to specify where they were consistent when I was replying about the Finals for my whole post.

Yeah, Bird didn't need the help of McHale, even a game winner of Dennis Johnson, or Danny Ainge, he carried them all by himself, even the one-time Finals MVP Maxwell was useless.

If you want to praise Bird go back to the Boston thread

LOL it's better to magnify one good game than one 3 point shot

I am not magnifying. I am just stating a fact. But that's your opinion. I have mine.

We're talking about the Finals, why would you confuse it with regular season?, do I really need to specify where they were consistent when I was replying about the Finals for my whole post.

Yes, you need to because your post was vague.

Yeah, Bird didn't need the help of McHale, even a game winner of Dennis Johnson, or Danny Ainge, he carried them all by himself, even the one-time Finals MVP Maxwell was useless.

If you want to praise Bird go back to the Boston thread

Misplaced sarcasm. I will answer a question that you don't wanna answer because it will vitiate your argument. Mchale and Parish never won MVPs, let alone five. Jabbar won five of those and there are those who say he is the greatest center of all time. Magic was just a sidekick to Kareem for the first seven years of his career. I wasn't the one who started the "sidekick" post. Nagreact ka lang. I will comment here what I want to comment and my comments are related to the subject.

I agree. Kawhi MVP run have duncan, manu, parker. I am not sure if he can carry the lakers to playoffs. And yes, klay is much better FIT to lakers and an upgrade to KCP/Josh hart.

We can also get anthony davis this year. Probably send ingram and some youngster. Its over for the GSW if we get AD their kryptonite

Well Kawhi when healthy is no doubt top 5 player in NBA. While it's true that he had Duncan, Manu, Parker, he was the clear leader and most consistent player on that team which is why they gave him the MVP. if he signs with LA he won't need to immediately carry the team since they have Lebron. My main concern here is how he handled his 2017-2018 stint with the spurs.. He was very unprofessional and diva-like, considering it was the spurs who developed him into a superstar.

They can get anthony via trade 2019 or they can wait 2020 when he hits free agency. Anthony just bought a mega mansion in LA so there's a good chance that he's really interested in playing for Lakers.

Edited by red60