Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

AYUN EXACTLY TAMA PARE THANK U THANK U GALING MO TALAGA ectomorphic ako and ya i only weigh 150lbs. pero nagtataka ako meron doon sa gym namin 125 lang sya pero nabubuhat nya magkabilang 35 lbs. payatot pero nabubuhat nya. bat ako diko kaya samantalang mas mabigat ako sa kanya. is it my bone density not my muscle?

I assume you're under 130 lbs? Most likely you have the characteristics of an ectomorph. I may be wrong, but based on your descriptions, it leads to that.

whaat?!? i was, again, under the impression that people here meant that was the, er.. <em>proper</em> way of taking the stuff as opposed to just taking it just on training days-

oh well my bad, i forgot to question why loading is necessary in the first place

so, do i just take the stuff everyday then? regular 1 heaping teaspoons?

You don't need to load creatine.

well u do if u wanna get more of it in ur pee  :lol:

Edited by kwol

Some people are born stronger than others. it can be due to their tendon insertion points, which gives others a leverage advantage

AYUN EXACTLY TAMA PARE THANK U THANK U GALING MO TALAGA ectomorphic ako and ya i only weigh 150lbs. pero nagtataka ako meron doon sa gym namin  125 lang sya pero nabubuhat nya magkabilang 35 lbs. payatot pero nabubuhat nya. bat ako diko kaya samantalang mas mabigat ako sa kanya. is it my bone density not my muscle?

Many believe that you need to load creatine in order to maximize its benefits. However, many forget that we already have creatine in our bodies, so no need to load them. 2nd, you can get the same benefits of cratine you purchased from the shelf just by eating more red meat.

whaat?!? i was, again, under the impression that people here meant that was the, er.. <em>proper</em> way of taking the stuff as opposed to just taking it just on training days-

oh well my bad, i forgot to question why loading is necessary in the first place

so, do i just take the stuff everyday then? regular 1 heaping teaspoons?

I got mine from GNC. forgot the exact brand name, but it's the black plastic jar, red label with the GNC logo on it. powdered, not pill. says on the label it's 100% creatine.

nah. ive always been touchy about creatine anyways. scrap the original plan. i'll just continue taking 1 heaping teaspoonfuls on the same hour everyday

what's the real score guys? need pa ba loading ng creatine or not?

'sause i'm planning to buy creatine mono frm GNC.

pareng kwol, ano gamit mong crea? load ka pa ba or di na? tnx

Bulking in the next four days:

5 am- gising. first meal of the day. protein shake with creatine first serving

6.00 am- hatid mom sa work. uwi at 6.45 am tulog til 8.30 a

9.30 am to 11 am- hit the gym. upper&lower body on alternate days. creatine second serving at 9 am taken with apple juice from 7-11

12 pm- lunch. creatine third serving at 1 pm, most likely with carrot smoothie from fruit magic

2 pm to 11 p- work schedule. creatine fourth serving at 5 pm, taken with Fruit Magic/Nutty Oaty smoothie

12 a-5 am tulog ulit

Question: this will be my first time to load/cycle creatine. am I doing anything wrong? (aside from the obvious inadequate lack of sleep, which I farcially attempt to make up with the 6:45-8:30 sleep)

ouch! the kidneys bro..

i may have to agree with Olympus. no need to load. just take a tablespoon once a day for at least 2 weeks then you are ok.

kwol, I looked into your plan and the reason you're probably now growing as fast a you want is you're not eating enough! Try eating more, especially breakfast and post workout. You're relying too much on the supplements

yeah the thing is, i rarely set foot at home nowadays- the "cleanest" i can get to fastfood here in the libis area is binalot express (dinuguan & tapa! yum!)- the rest, it's all grease and salt (think tokyo tokyo, something fishy, etc) so i'd really rather down 2-3 protein shakes a day in place of small meals than have 2-3 burgers. unfortunately my work sched and other commitments do not afford me enough time to prepare my own food

so how about- when you have to eat out, which fastfood is the least evil? :blink:

yeah the thing is, i rarely set foot at home nowadays- the "cleanest" i can get to fastfood here in the libis area is binalot express (dinuguan & tapa! yum!)- the rest, it's all grease and salt (think tokyo tokyo, something fishy, etc) so i'd really rather down 2-3 protein shakes a day in place of small meals than have 2-3 burgers. unfortunately my work sched and other commitments do not afford me enough time to prepare my own food

so how about- when you have to eat out, which fastfood is the least evil?  :blink:

hi kwol, newbie here. i believe you're bulking right? if you are... don't bother about eating clean... just eat eat eat! :D worry about it later when you're be cutting. i used to eat in KFC 3x a day :D

protein shakes in line of small meals is okay... i used to do that in work... its just a little expensive. don't forget your carbs too. mix it with milo, sustagen, or even dextrose. whatever works.

Newbie here. :D

Regarding sa tummy sabi ng prof ko best pa rin ang running then combine with abs crunches and similar abs workout.

Anyway, any supplements that will at least add my training (kakasimula ko pa lang ng weight training as PE) pero hindi na babawas yung timbang ko? I'm about 120 lbs and 5'8 in height. Many people would say na ang payat ko raw. Drastic ang pag-lose ng weight sa sobrang bilis ng metabolism ko. (Ang lumalaki lang sa akin kahit kain ako ng kain ay tiyan ko at kahit bumaba man timbang ko ang hindi nababago o walang gaanong pagbabago ay tiyan.)

Haven't try any weight gaining drink or whey protein, hanggang taho lang ako. Ayoko kasi ng lasa ng gatas at chocolate na malamig (except for native milk & chocolate) or even drinks na pinaghalo (pili lang sa mga kanila ang iniinom ko). Kapag napapadaan ako sa mga ganitong specialty store ang gusto kong sanang itanong ay kung may iba pa ba kayong flavor besides this. Sadly wala... (Ang gusto lang ay orange/lemon flavor kung cold drinks)

Ang worry ko lang sobrang taas ng metabolism ko at baka magkaroon ng side effects sa akin ang pagtake ng supplements. Uminom nga lang ako ng higit sa isang cup ng kape naghyhyper na ako pagsumobra pa ako dun at baka mag-hyhypervintilate na ako at manginginig na mga kamay ko. Di ko lang sure kung mabilis lang magreact ng body ko. Haven't tried any supplements pero ang concern ko lang kasi ay lumaki ng bahagya yung mga muscles ko then the rest is focus on toning. Pangit kasi sa dancer ang malaki ang katawan.

Well, any suggestions? :)

Many believe that you need to load creatine in order to maximize its benefits. However, many forget that we already have creatine in our bodies, so no need to load them. 2nd, you can get the same benefits of cratine you purchased from the shelf just by eating more red meat.

actually, if u take 5 grams a day, it will take about 2 weeks for u load creatine completely (saturate ur muscles) coz the body can only store a certain amount... but a diet of red meat is unlikely to ever give u the same benefits without u getting a bad case of gout first....coz 1 kilo of red meat has only about 2 grams of creatine......

studies show that the classical 20grams a day loading phase only accelerates the results for about 2 weeks, then the 5grams a day group caught up...

after the muscles are saturated, 3 grams after training should be plenty

hi kwol, newbie here.  i believe you're bulking right? if you are... don't bother about eating clean... just eat eat eat!  :D worry about it later when you're be cutting.  i used to eat in KFC 3x a day  :D

i didnt just read that... did i? am i seeing things? may tama pa yata ako... hangover lang cguro ito... :wacko:

hi kwol, newbie here.  i believe you're bulking right? if you are... don't bother about eating clean... just eat eat eat!  :D worry about it later when you're be cutting.  i used to eat in KFC 3x a day  :D

protein shakes in line of small meals is okay... i used to do that in work... its just a little expensive.  don't forget your carbs too.  mix it with milo, sustagen, or even dextrose.  whatever works.

well,ishtiki,I see you're cut all over...any great tips for that? I'm trying to lose all the friggin flab out of my body. I'm taking protein whey right now 2x a day before n' after workout/excercise... I'm 5'9" and around 170lbs...(160last december.I gained 10lbs eversince i went to New york)

ishtiki: pagpasensyahan mo na 'tong si kaibigang spitz.. mapagbiro lang talaga yan :hypocritesmiley:

spitz: you dont really want another case of slamdunk itsui her duncha :evil: wahahah

for the record, regardless of the point in the cycle, i try (try being the operative word) to eat as clean as possible. problem area ko yung pectoral and abdominal area. awkward nga eh, my extremeties are lean, too lean matter-of-factly in contrast to the torso. im not exactly trying to bulk up right now, but im focusing on full body workouts + cardio (i can now run for 20 mins straight on speed 8! yey! heheh), eventually my bod will decide to lose the torso fat (for the majority of men, it's a first-in-last-out thing). tapusin ko lang yung 6-8 weeks of creatine on then i'll give it a rest of 2 weeks.

i didnt just read that... did i? am i seeing things? may tama pa yata ako... hangover lang cguro ito...  :wacko:

sorry pre... di ko nabasa. just trying to help out

well,ishtiki,I see you're cut all over...any great tips for that? I'm trying to lose all the friggin flab out of my body. I'm taking protein whey right now 2x a day before n' after workout/excercise... I'm 5'9" and around 170lbs...(160last december.I gained 10lbs eversince i went to New york)

actually that was a few weeks into my diet, getting ready for a competition. the competition is over and i'm now fat again :D easiest thing i can advise you is to cut down on rice, sweets, junk food...

Using creatine while trying to lean out will actually make it harder to get that lean look since you will have a lot of water in your system.

ishtiki: pagpasensyahan mo na 'tong si kaibigang spitz.. mapagbiro lang talaga yan  :hypocritesmiley:

spitz: you dont really want another case of slamdunk itsui her duncha  :evil:  wahahah

for the record, regardless of the point in the cycle, i try (try being the operative word) to eat as clean as possible. problem area ko yung pectoral and abdominal area. awkward nga eh, my extremeties are lean, too lean matter-of-factly in contrast to the torso. im not exactly trying to bulk up right now, but im focusing on full body workouts + cardio (i can now run for 20 mins straight on speed 8! yey! heheh), eventually my bod will decide to lose the torso fat (for the majority of men, it's a first-in-last-out thing). tapusin ko lang yung 6-8 weeks of creatine on then i'll give it a rest of 2 weeks.

yea. and that sucks. it's a choice between performance gains and looking less water-blown

guess i'll just hafta decide after 8 weeks then

Using creatine while trying to lean out will actually make it harder to get that lean look since you will have a lot of water in your system.