All About Basketball Shoes

Dr.Love

I was finally able to settle on a shoe: the Nike Air Force 25. Thank you to everyone who gave their input. :) My family was on its way to Fontana when we decided to drop by Star Mills (near SM Pampanga, if I'm not mistaken) to check out All Flip Flops. Out of curiosity, I decided to stroll around and look at the stores. Most had some kind of sale so I took a look at an athletics + fashion store. I saw the Air Force 25 there. So I went and reminded my dad about the money he borrowed from my college fund and how I retired my trusty Nike Presto pair last month, so he obliged. At first, I wanted this pair:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n266/jadd_dealino/af25_wht_roy_nvy.jpg

but there were none in my size (10) so I had to settle for this one:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n266/jadd_dealino/af25_sup_blk_chr.jpg

After the purchase was done, we decided to eat at Greenwich. I opted to take another walk to let the food sink in, so I went to the second floor and saw a Nike store there. I wasn't certain, but I decided to walk in and see if they carried the Air Force 25 with the size and colors (white/varsity royal/midnight navy) that I wanted (palibhasa Atenista pa rin kahit nasa U.P..) Ironically, they had one pair in stock. Grr. The irony was delicious as was reflecting on the value of waiting.

Then just now, I checked out the prices online and saw that the pair I had (black / black / chrome) was slightly more expensive. And I realized it looked better.

The lesson? "Bad luck" is just a point of view. :P

And like a parent wanting to show everyone pictures of their newborn babies, here's Sexton Hardcastle (the name I gave my shoes, in honor of Edge/Adam Copeland, one of my favorite wrestlers. Yes, I'm a sentimental person):

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n266/jadd_dealino/IMG_5173.jpg

To everyone who replied to my questions about finding the best shoe for me: THANK YOU. :)

Now, to work on my game.

sama din ako sa AF25 party dito.. hehe. kakabili ko lang ng china version - white/black/red/gold. will go nice with my san miguel beermen shorts.

kulang na lang ramon fernandez or samboy lim jersey. hehe. got it for 4.1k sa nike park, 50% off. mahal pa rin, pero xmas gift ko na sa sarili ko.

Aaybody have pics of the new Jordan XXIII?

they look horrible, bro. like they mixed the XIII and XX together, added some crappy design on the side, and that was it.

I really don't understand as to why the Jordan line has not really given much to salivate for since Jordan's 2nd retirement.. I, for one, do not like all the designs (like the 6, 7, 8), but, IMO, when Jordan came back for the 2nd time, the shoe issues were passable (16, 17, and 18) but after that, the designs all sucked..

My mom was planning to buy me a gift for Xmas, and I thought of the 22 lows.. But when I wore them, they were not comfortable even for just walking around.. Parang may mali sa gitna ng sole.. Di na nga sobrang ganda ng design, ganun pa ang naramdaman ko.. Nauubusan na yata ng ideas si Jordan at ang kanyang mga Jordan shoes designers.. haha..

mga sir san ba may na AF1 lows? yung sale ha? thanks

Puntahan mo lahat ng Nike Park & Shoe Salon. Nakasale iba't-bang colorways ng AF1 Lows at 10%-40% off.

they look horrible, bro. like they mixed the XIII and XX together, added some crappy design on the side, and that was it.

http://www.kixandthecity.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/black-red-air-jordan-xx3-p.jpg

this is the best colorway, and that's not saying much.

OMG!!! It looks ugly. He! He! He!

Ung 22 high tops I guess are good. I would even go to the length of saying mas ok cya panlaro sa 14s.

As for the 23's...the only thing I like are the unique soles with MJ's thumb print. Ung taas...well wasted cows in my opinion. UNg white version with the stiched MJ logo looks like a Mcdonalds advertisement. Ung black pwede na...Hawig lang ung And1 Garnett. Not really keen on wastin 280$ on its release. Maybe pagnag-sale sa footlocker.

Ung 22 high tops I guess are good. I would even go to the length of saying mas ok cya panlaro sa 14s.

to me, anything that mike didn't wear to ball in is not a real jordan. 1-14 (bulls era) are the only real ones, the 17 and 18 get an asterisk from me 'cause that's old jordan (and i know he played an exhibition game in the 16s but come on now, the game wasn't counted so i don't count it).

it's tempting that the 22s are at outlets right now, but mahal pa rin, and honestly, the only mike they make me think of is "mike the cool cat cortez" so yeah, no thanks na lang.

Malapit ng lumabas ang Zoom Flight 95 Carbon.......Sa wakas naretro din!!! :zorro:

Dito sa pinas sino kaya unang mauubos, Zoom Flight 95 or jordan 23...

Hula ko Zoom Flight 95 unang mauubos......Ang ganda talaga....Para sa akin ito yung pinakamagandang sapatos na nilabas ng nike....Bibilhin mo dahil sa ganda....hindi dahil sa player na nagsusuot :P

post-76145-1200177246.jpg post-76145-1200177372.jpg

Edited by edc
Malapit ng lumabas ang Zoom Flight 95 Carbon.......Sa wakas naretro din!!! :zorro:

Dito sa pinas sino kaya unang mauubos, Zoom Flight 95 or jordan 23...

Hula ko Zoom Flight 95 unang mauubos......Ang ganda talaga....Para sa akin ito yung pinakamagandang sapatos na nilabas ng nike....Bibilhin mo dahil sa ganda....hindi dahil sa player na nagsusuot :P

post-76145-1200177246.jpg post-76145-1200177372.jpg

fyi lang... the zoom flight 95 and 96 came out last week pa... nauna syempre nike park bhs (bonifacio high street - fort)... nung tuesday or wednesday yata sa trinoma...

the 95 carbon is really a good looking shoe... but it's a fact that jason kidd wore them in 95 and consequently helped in making them popular...

^

Sa states ako magpapabili kasi mas mura doon......Mahal dito sa atin eh.... :P

Late February pa lalabas sa kanila...

Kahit sino pa maging model yan best seller talaga......Kahit si Big Mac Andaya pa.... :P

Edited by edc

^

Pang-asar pricing ng Nike Philippines dito....

Example: Yung Lebron 4 sa Outlet Store sa USA eh 70$ so lumalabas mga 2,800......Dito sa pinas 5,100!!!

Tapos pag may Friends and Family Sale kayo jan eh mababawasan pa yung 70$. Imagine pwede nyo makuha ng 40 -50 dollars!!!

Kaya ang diskarte eh bumili sa states habang mababa ang dollar.... :D

Im looking forward sa 1 dollar=35 pesos :P

mahirap mag-generalize kasi nakatsamba rin naman ako ng good deals dyan (zoom lebron III black/gold) pero I guess tsambahan lang talaga sa pagkuha ng good buy. we live near a nike factory store and it's not unusual to get a great pair of kicks for under $70...

as for the exchange rate, don't be surprised if it happens sooner than you expect...