When I studied in Australia, I had a chance to drink a number of types (you call that varietals?) Anyway, I liked cabernet-sauvignon with roasted rib eye and some mashed potatoes. Now, since I left Australia, I never had a chance to drink wine on a regular basis...too expensive for my pocket. For champagne, my choice is white and I just drink what I can afford (about php200.00/bottle max)... I like white better than red because I think it's lighter to the tummy plus it tickles my mouth better than red.

Hi TheRaven, welcome to the thread. Uhmmm where can you get a fizzy for PhP200 a bottle? :unsure:

:P  OO math and wine! :P  Add some legal "stuff" and we are good to go!! :lol:

Hehe ok this I gotta see re Ritchie but I highly doubt! :P  Speaking of Vic, I've seen him in person as well several times ... oooh dark, brooding and oh so my type! :boo:

Hey I don't mind listening to Frankie but please lang, utang na loob wag lang patugtugin ang MY WAY ok?  :angry:

a legal mathematician? hmmm.... hard to reconcile. math is exact; law is abused!!!! B)

ayaw maniwala... sige call me rene na lang! as in requiestas (may he rest)! another damn good looking guy is aga... we used to ride together kaya lang malapit sa aksidente coz cars would get close to our bikes just to get a good look at him... o baka ako ang tinitignan!!! hahahahah ambisyon :boo: !!! dont i get an award for trying.

a legal mathematician?  hmmm.... hard to reconcile. math is exact; law is abused!!!!  B)

ayaw maniwala... sige call me rene na lang!  as in requiestas (may he rest)!  another damn good looking guy is aga... we used to ride together kaya lang malapit sa aksidente coz cars would get close to our bikes just to get a good look at him... o baka ako ang tinitignan!!! hahahahah ambisyon :boo:  !!! dont i get an award for trying.

Hehe he is an exact man and I love his mind, just brilliant. Nakssssssssssss... ayan ako ata ang dapat may award! :boo:

Hahahah siguro tinitignan yung beautiful legs mo pare :P

Hehe he is an exact man and I love his mind, just brilliant.  Nakssssssssssss... ayan ako ata ang dapat may award! :boo:

i think in argumentation and debate, what you just said constitutes a "non-issue" inother words infallible... o painom ka ha! i finally got to agree with you on something!!!!

Hahahah siguro tinitignan yung beautiful legs mo pare :P

my legs please are not a pretty sight!!!! wag punteryahin at para yang van gogh!!!!

i think in argumentation and debate, what you just said constitutes a "non-issue"  inother words infallible...  o painom ka ha!  i finally got to agree with you on something!!!!

my legs please are not a pretty sight!!!! wag punteryahin at para yang van gogh!!!!

Oist! This is not the first time we agreed on something kaya! :angry: :angry: :angry: You are so ulyanin naman! :grr: :grr: :grr:

OO magpapainom ako!

ng H2O :lol: :lol: :lol:

Parang Van Gogh? Nakaka baliw ang legs mo? Wahahahahahahahaha ayan ang award! :lol:

Oist!  This is not the first time we agreed on something kaya!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  You are so ulyanin naman!  :grr:  :grr:  :grr:

OO magpapainom ako!

ng H2O :lol: :lol: :lol:

Parang Van Gogh?  Nakaka baliw ang legs mo? Wahahahahahahahaha ayan ang award! :lol:

did we? i cant remember, siguro i need to drink in moderation so i can improve my memory. o hopeless case na kasi lapit na ako senior citizen (and get 50% discount on green fees!)

ok lang kahit h2o haluan lang ng single-malt yan, my fr na ako kinabukasan!!!!

my legs being referred to a van gogh means madami kulay, madaming peklat and walang patutunguan ... after reading this post, i doubt if others will still have any interest on this thread anymore.

hay weekend na naman and still sober. just hitting on some coffee and dark choco mints (sakit ipin ko e!)

did we?  i cant remember,  siguro i need to drink in moderation so i can improve my memory. o hopeless case na kasi lapit na ako senior citizen (and get 50% discount on green fees!)

ok lang kahit h2o haluan lang ng single-malt yan, my fr na ako kinabukasan!!!!

my legs being referred to a van gogh means madami kulay, madaming peklat and walang patutunguan ... after reading this post, i doubt if others will still have any interest on this thread anymore.

hay weekend na naman and still sober.  just hitting on some coffee and dark choco mints (sakit ipin ko e!)

Oist malayo ka pa sa availing age ng senior's citizen card ano! :lol: Mga 17years pa pare :P

Since I gave two WRs for the week I think I have a wee bit of license to talk about your van gogh legs in this thread. :lol:

And yes weekend na naman and am looking forward to Sunday Coffee with my fave wine companion. :) Although I could k*ll for a cup of almond coffee at the moment! :thumbsupsmiley:

Oist malayo ka pa sa availing age ng senior's citizen card ano! :lol:  Mga 17years pa pare :P 

Since I gave two WRs for the week I think I have a wee bit of license to talk about your van gogh legs in this thread. :lol:

60 o 65 years old ang senior citizen? ang ganda na nung wr mo pero seems like carlo rossi and novellino wines pareho kasi you keep harping on my legs!!!! yan d na ko pwede magpakita wearing "puruntong" :sick: and you might start looking at my central bank collection...

Vic!  este Bods pala is it the wine of talagang makamandag ka, pare!!! :thumbsupsmiley:  when we are together pare baka akala nila ako si richie!!! :lol:

let me know when the schedule is light and we'll meet up.  dont work too hard and dont age those bottles too long!

If I had the looks of Vic Sotto, I would have been venomous too, so I just drink wine to drown out my unmet expectations.

Don't worry pare - pag nasa bahay ako walang nagtatagal na wine sa akin.

Ha ha ha ha ha this gave me a hearty laugh this morning! :lol:

But you somewhat slightly kinda sorta had all the girls he did di ba? :rolleyes: 

Dina Bonnevie, damn she is one fine hot momma!  Haven't seen a photo of her lately tho but am certain she still can make bodyheat hit the high temps much like that racy Redbrook! :lol:

Hehe yes quite good drops lately which I suppose makes me just ripe for the PWE (I dread the thought! :lol:).  Thanks but I really feel I did not do justice to the Vat 8 which was absolutely sexy in a subtle and sweet way like Meg Ryan would be.  I think one just needs to regain some composure after spending the night with a REDBrook Burke before sleeping with Meg don't you think?  Hehe.  Yes the Redbrook is like Brook Burke, very racy that way.

I wish uli......Dina is in her 40's but she's just way too ravishing in a way that transcends all definitions of beauty and class. Her feisty character notwithstanding, she has kept that allure which has enslaved my imagination since her Katorse days. O Bakit Ba Ganyan?

I also wish I could articulate my impressions about wine the same way I would extol the charms of a woman.

why is there a Moderator's Options bar below? :unsure:

And what is an Xtreme Member? a new classification, I see.........

Extreme.....as in sumosobra na or what? :P

I know what TheRaven is drinking - could be the Gran Trillo or a Butterfly Ridge. At P200 a pop, they're immensely satisfying for an ordinary drink-alone night with the rain doing cadences on the roof and half-gone memories of lost rhapsodies worming their way to a tired subconscious.

{Scribble, scribble, scribble} Wow!  Thanks for this list!  Most of the time, when it's Aussie, it's usually Shiraz.  What are the recommended wines from Coonawarra? CabSav?

I think I had a Shiraz Stonehaven 2001 three weeks back (black label with a red "S"), but found it "bitin"- too young maybe?  Not worth writing about here.

Coonawarra used to be known for its Shiraz but they make some of the best Aussie cabsavs now. At the moment, I'm actually quite partial to the cabsav-shiraz mix - there's something of the thick spicy flavor of the shiraz that adds to the complexity of a cabsav that somehow leaves smooth velvety aftertaste for me. I agree, Bowen Hills is quite good. St. Hugo is absolutely marvelous. Screaming Crow (not in the list) CabSav 2000 from Coonawarra is quite good for a relatively young cabsav. I also liked Wynn's Coonawarra 2001. Other favorites from other renowned wine-producing areas in Australia are: Sandgate Cabsav 2001 from Margaret River, Evans and Tate Cabsav 2000 (I think this is from Margaret River, too); Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet 2001, Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cabernet 2001; Peter Lehman's The Barossa Shiraz 2002; Lindemann's CabSav 2001. Wolf Blass also usually makes pretty good wines - try their yellow label cabsav 2003. :-)

60 o 65 years old ang senior citizen?  ang ganda na nung wr  mo pero seems like carlo rossi and novellino wines pareho kasi you keep harping on my legs!!!!  yan d na ko pwede magpakita wearing "puruntong" :sick: and you might start looking at my central bank collection...

OO naman ano ... 60years old ka pa pwede mag avail ng senior citizen card! :P And didja know that the term "youth" applies to those in the age range of 15-35? Hahaha damn! Close to 2 years na ako "un-youth" bwehehehehehehe. And lovin' it if I may add! :thumbsupsmiley:

I guess am going to have to catch you on the golf course some time if I want to see your van gogh masterpiece :blink:

I wish uli......Dina is in her 40's but she's just way too ravishing in a way that transcends all definitions of beauty and class. Her feisty character notwithstanding, she has kept that allure which has enslaved my imagination since her Katorse days. O Bakit Ba Ganyan?

I also wish I could articulate my impressions about wine the same way I would extol the charms of a woman.

Dina is beautiful! I've seen her several times in person at her various weight stages and pare even if she was just a tad chubby from giving birth eh mannnn hanep sa ganda ng mukha. But I think the one thing I find most captivating about her (aside from her KAKA GURL tagalog! hahaha and of course her smarts) is she just exudes this oozing sex kitten aura. Hehe. Would I just love to! :evil:

I reckon you are already there with that articulation ekek. :P

why is there a Moderator's Options bar below? :unsure:

And what is an Xtreme Member? a new classification, I see.........

Extreme.....as in sumosobra na or what? :P

I know what TheRaven is drinking - could be the Gran Trillo or a Butterfly Ridge. At P200 a pop, they're immensely satisfying for an ordinary drink-alone night with the rain doing cadences on the roof and half-gone memories of lost rhapsodies worming their way to a tired subconscious.

It's a new section Bods, hehe visit the VIP area ;)

Ahhh it is vino then ... kala ko may champagne na 200pesoses! Eh bibili na ako sana at painumin kay Masi :lol:

Coonawarra used to be known for its Shiraz but they make some of the best Aussie cabsavs now.  At the moment, I'm actually quite partial to the cabsav-shiraz mix - there's something of the thick spicy flavor of the shiraz that adds to the complexity of a cabsav that somehow leaves smooth velvety aftertaste for me.  I agree, Bowen Hills is quite good.  St. Hugo is absolutely marvelous.  Screaming Crow (not in the list) CabSav 2000 from Coonawarra is quite good for a relatively young cabsav.  I also liked Wynn's Coonawarra 2001.  Other favorites  from other renowned wine-producing areas in Australia are:  Sandgate Cabsav 2001 from Margaret River, Evans and Tate Cabsav 2000 (I think this is from Margaret River, too);  Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet 2001, Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cabernet 2001;  Peter Lehman's The Barossa Shiraz 2002;  Lindemann's CabSav 2001.  Wolf Blass also usually makes pretty good wines - try their yellow label cabsav 2003.    :-)

Hey HOL! Hehe have you heard from home about your stolen St. Hugo? :lol: Wolf Blass rocks!

OO naman ano ... 60years old ka pa pwede mag avail ng senior citizen card! :P  And didja know that the term "youth" applies to those in the age range of 15-35?  Hahaha damn!  Close to 2 years na ako "un-youth" bwehehehehehehe.  And lovin' it if I may add!  :thumbsupsmiley:

I guess am going to have to catch you on the golf course some time if I want to see your van gogh masterpiece :blink:

Dina is beautiful!  I've seen her several times in person at her various weight stages and pare even if she was just a tad chubby from giving birth eh mannnn hanep sa ganda ng mukha.  But I think the one thing I find most captivating about her (aside from her KAKA GURL tagalog! hahaha and of course her smarts) is she just exudes this oozing sex kitten aura. Hehe.  Would I just love to! :evil: 

Ahhh it is vino then ... kala ko may champagne na 200pesoses!  Eh bibili na ako sana at painumin kay Masi :lol:

Hey HOL!  Hehe have you heard from home about your stolen St. Hugo?  :lol: Wolf Blass rocks!

and i thought it was 65! it's pretty unusual for a girl to want to add years.... hmmmm... am beginning to wonder... o baka it's the influence of the "wine culture" that you want to age with grace... :) kasi in my opinion ladies are like whiskies between 18 to 25 years old are best to consume... (oh this is a wine thread, not a whiskey thread :wacko: )

catch me in a golf course, with this rain? it will be a mudbath... yan walang elephant jokes. seems like golf is not much of priority for me now since i abhor playing in the rain and muddy conditions. dati, no rain nor storm could stop me... kaya may rain coat at umbrella!!! :wacko:

talking of dina on this thread is a fantasy <_< ... sa akin basta hindi ko makausap sa personal (now with the internet, sa chat o sa thread ang babae, she does not exist!! no point using my imagination and not get paid for it... i am not just about to spend a second on something i cant have for real... just like petrus, you know its there but can you have it? B) ...not unless i live in polk street or in malacanang!

at paano na naman ako nasama sa usapang P200 champagne... sige lipstick... pag ikaw may nahanap pwera novellino or asti iinumin ko :P ... sabay-sabay cheers tayo ni bods at pinoy (sama ka dun :lol: :P )... pag wala i will open this bottle of red wine from anonymous :sick: (you remember that store of rico ocampo, ngayon wala na!)... meron ako nyan :lol: and you thought carlo rossi and gato negro was bad!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by masi
Hey HOL!  Hehe have you heard from home about your stolen St. Hugo?  :lol: Wolf Blass rocks!

Haha! :lol: I don't think so. It's locked up well in the Batcave. Not even my siblings know where it is. Nyahahaha! Yeah, Wolf Blass. Used to be, if I couldn't decide what to pick from the wine shop on the corner back in Brizzy, I'd just get that bottle of Wolf Blass. An Aussie politician got into trouble because of her bottle of Wolf Blass while I was there. It was all over the papers then. Apparently she had a bottle with her in her private plane when it landed in an airstrip inside an alcohol-restricted area in some Aborigine reserve and it was noticed by the attendants from the airstrip who cleaned up the plane. It caused so much brouhaha that she eventaully resigned from office. That was actually what got me interested in the label and I bought the vintage a few days after it erupted. What wine could be so good a politician would risk getting sacked over it? A bottle of WolfBlass Cabsav 2000. :thumbsupsmiley:

Coonawarra used to be known for its Shiraz but they make some of the best Aussie cabsavs now.  At the moment, I'm actually quite partial to the cabsav-shiraz mix - there's something of the thick spicy flavor of the shiraz that adds to the complexity of a cabsav that somehow leaves smooth velvety aftertaste for me.  I agree, Bowen Hills is quite good.  St. Hugo is absolutely marvelous.  Screaming Crow (not in the list) CabSav 2000 from Coonawarra is quite good for a relatively young cabsav.  I also liked Wynn's Coonawarra 2001.  Other favorites  from other renowned wine-producing areas in Australia are:  Sandgate Cabsav 2001 from Margaret River, Evans and Tate Cabsav 2000 (I think this is from Margaret River, too);  Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet 2001, Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cabernet 2001;  Peter Lehman's The Barossa Shiraz 2002;  Lindemann's CabSav 2001.  Wolf Blass also usually makes pretty good wines - try their yellow label cabsav 2003.    :-)

I see you've really been around Aussie wines. Yes, Evans is from Margaret River. I'm not familiar with Sandgate. Wolf Blass, Lindemann's, Jacob's Creek have been around for quite some time but it's really unfathomable why nobody in Manila has yet distributed Peter Lehmann here :angry:

Have you tried Peter Lehmann's Stonewell Shiraz? Or its Eight Songs Shiraz? I heard they're outstanding and quite up to par with the best there is in Australia. I also can't imagine Bowen being released here as it only makes quite a few cases per year.

I also used to see Barwang here pero nawala din - sayang hindi pa ako nakabili kaagad nun.

Coonawarra is renowned for its cabernet sauvignon. It's a pattern like elsewhere. If you'd gonna go for a semillon, then look for a Hunter Valley as it is its specialty. Barossa of course for its shiraz. New Zealand is also now getting noticed for its pinot noir, like Oregon.

It's a new section Bods, hehe visit the VIP area ;)

it's sloshed, I mean, closed. What the heck was that thread?

cheers, folks!

it was a wonderful, albeit vino-less week :lol:

....and I'm still bothered in a tipsy kind of way by the moderator bar below. It's like having a Damocles Sword hanging over you kasi two options lang - Close This Thread and Delete This Thread :sick:

wahoooo! interesting times ahead! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by bods1000
I see you've really been around Aussie wines. Yes, Evans is from Margaret River. I'm not familiar with Sandgate. Wolf Blass, Lindemann's, Jacob's Creek have been around for quite some time but it's really unfathomable why nobody in Manila has yet distributed Peter Lehmann here :angry:

Have you tried Peter Lehmann's Stonewell Shiraz? Or its Eight Songs Shiraz?  I heard they're outstanding and quite up to par with the best there is in Australia. I also can't imagine Bowen being released here as it only makes quite a few cases per year.

I also used to see Barwang here pero nawala din - sayang hindi pa ako nakabili kaagad nun.

Coonawarra is renowned for its cabernet sauvignon. It's a pattern like elsewhere. If you'd gonna go for a semillon, then look for a Hunter Valley as it is its specialty. Barossa of course for its shiraz. New Zealand is also now getting noticed for its pinot noir, like Oregon.

Thanks bro! I'm sorry about the sandgate. I meant Sandalford. It's from Margaret River - Very smooth, velvety with a hint of currant and oak. It's 2nd only to my St. Hugo. I immersed myself in reds while I was there and was able to try only a few whites and I've been wanting to get my hands on some semillon so I'll check up on that Hunter Valley thing. I have heard also that New Zealand does make some good pinot noir, but I was able to get my hands on a bottle from Tasmania which is quite close to New Zealand and thus the climate is similar and I must say that was one of the best bottles of Pinot I have ever had!

Tonight I had some Kabinett Trocken Weiß Burgunder 2001 from Baden. If you want a white that isnt't too sweet, this is a good one. I think the varietal used is what most would term a pinot gris. It is a dry white wine with only a hint of fruit and goes down very smoothly. It went very well with the grilled schweinefleish and würstchen, tzatziki, Greek salad, and I have no idea what my Greek friend called all those other nice stuff she cooked up. Finished everything off with coffee prepared the Greek way - ahhh! :)

Thanks bro!  I'm sorry about the sandgate.  I meant Sandalford.  It's from Margaret River -  Very smooth, velvety with a hint of currant and oak.  It's 2nd only to my St. Hugo.  I immersed myself in reds while I was there and was able to try only a few whites and I've been wanting to get my hands on some semillon so I'll check up on that Hunter Valley thing.  I have heard also that New Zealand does make some good pinot noir, but I was able to get my hands on a bottle from Tasmania which is quite close to New Zealand and thus the climate is similar and I must say that was one of the best bottles of Pinot I have ever had!

Tonight I had some Kabinett Trocken Weiß Burgunder 2001 from Baden.  If you want a white that isnt't too sweet, this is a good one.  I think the varietal used is what most would term a pinot gris.  It is a dry white wine with only a hint of fruit and goes down very smoothly.  It went very well with the grilled schweinefleish and würstchen, tzatziki, Greek salad, and I have no idea what my Greek friend called all those other nice stuff she cooked up.  Finished everything off with coffee prepared the Greek way - ahhh! :)

yes Sandalford! Very old winery - established 1840!

A review of the '98 Cabernet Sauvignon from James Halliday:

Medium red-purple; the moderately intense bouquet has fresh, red berry fruit and just a light touch of mint. Palate is fruit-driven but has plenty of structure and weight, finishing with persistent tannins. Elegant and powerful style which should develop particularly well in the bottle. Best drinking - 2003 to 2013.

yes there seems to be a vast concentration of good pinot noir in Tasmania. I don't know what you had but the best Tasman wineries boasting excellent pinot noir include the following: Elsewhere, Freycinet, Oyster Cove, Wellington and Stefano Lubiana. A sample review of a Tasmanian pinot noir from James Halliday:

1998 Elsewhere Vineyard Pinot Noir:

An exceptionally complex, rich and full bouquet with plum, spice and game. Palate offers the same glorious array of flavors in a wine of great length, intensity and style. Rating 95. Best drinking: 2000-2005.

For Hunter Valley semillons, hunt down the following:

Tyrell's Vat 1 Semillon

McWilliam's Mount Pleasant Elizabeth

McWilliam's Mount Pleasant Lovedale Semillon

Tyrell's Stevens Semillon

Glenguin The OLd Broke Block Semillon

Brokenwood Semillon

Terrace Vale Bin 1 Semillon

In relation to Coonawara, Qantas/Gourmet Traveller WINE Magazine has just named for its Winemaker of the Year Peter Bissell of Balnaves. He was cited for "his scientific approach to winemaking and his need to understand the impact each season has on each section of the vineyard, ensures that each of his wines is imbued with a strong sense of place."

James Halliday gave the 1998 Balnaves Cabernet Sauvignon a rating of 94 points and 5 glasses, which means "As close to perfection as the real world will allow."

Past Winemaker of the Year winners include Peter Shaw of Rosemount and Vanya Cullen of Margaret River's Cullen Wines.

Anybody who remembers those old Monty Python movies will be familiar with John Cleese. It turns out that the British comic is a "wine dabbler, but not yet an afficionado" and he has come out with a DVD called John Cleese's Wine for the Confused. With this documentary, he attempts to make choosing and buying wine less intimidating. "Wine is wonderful stuff. But so many people are put off by the snobbery of it. You only need a little bit of knowledge to increase your chances of getting a good bottle," he says.

Incidentally, Cleese lives in the Santa Barbara area and quite close to the locales used in Sideways. They chose 3 local wineries - Gainey in the Santa Ynez valley, Byron in the Santa Maria Valley, and Foxen, which appeared in Sideways - where the winemakers would discuss two of their most popular wines and offer wine advice.

Here are John Cleese's wine tips:

Know what you like and trust your own taste - Don't let anyone tell you what you like. Some wines that some experts think are absolutely exquisite don't appeal to me at all.

Learn to describe wines that you like - A few words like "sweet" or "dry" or "heavy" or "light" are easily understood.

Find a local wine shop and talk with the experts - They will help you identify more wines that you might like, at good values. You don't have to pay much.

an uneventful wine weekend for me. popped a gran trillo last saturday night. was a bit introspective and gave me much time to focus on my sense of taste and smell. for a less than P200 a bottle, this wine stands its ground. mid-ruby color and a mild rich nose of cherries and a hint of vanilla. body was tangy and pretty sweet with moderate tannins. it lacked follow through.

hope you guys had a better one!

Other favorites  from other renowned wine-producing areas in Australia are:  Sandgate Cabsav 2001 from Margaret River, Evans and Tate Cabsav 2000 (I think this is from Margaret River, too);  Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet 2001, Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cabernet 2001;  Peter Lehman's The Barossa Shiraz 2002;  Lindemann's CabSav 2001.  Wolf Blass also usually makes pretty good wines - try their yellow label cabsav 2003.    :-)

What a weekend! I was cleaning up the pantry cabinet, and what do I find - a Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cabernet 2001! Apparently, a friend gave it as a Christmas gift, and it got stored away. Again, after going to Kikufuji, was happy to find a bottle of Torres Gran Coronas 1999 and a Torres Corona Tempranillo 2000.

an uneventful wine weekend for me.  popped a gran trillo last saturday night.  was a bit introspective and gave me much time to focus on my sense of taste and smell. for a less than P200 a bottle, this wine stands its ground. mid-ruby color and a mild rich nose of cherries and a hint of vanilla. body was tangy and pretty sweet with moderate tannins. it lacked follow through.

hope you guys had a better one!

Senor Masi,

In such a case where the wine is not fantastic and you're drinking alone, do you finish the bottle, keep the remaining stuff and drink it again, keep it and use it for cooking, or throw it away?

I always have a problem when opening a bottle alone - I can't finish it.

Senor Masi,

In such a case where the wine is not fantastic and you're drinking alone, do you finish the bottle, keep the remaining stuff and drink it again, keep it and use it for cooking, or throw it away?

I always have a problem when opening a bottle alone - I can't finish it.

i drink more than half a bottle so much so that around 1.5 to 2 glasses would be left for the next day. it doesnt taste and feel as good the next day but at least i got the better of it. i wouldnt be doing the same for better vintages but beggars couldnt be choosers.... i had no other company last saturday!

i think the point of opening a bottle of wine is to get the most out of it at that moment. if you cant finish it, have no regrets finishing it the day after.