Math Problems!........share It Here!

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aling part ng PHI yung gusto mong malaman?  Si Dan Brown mahilig kumuha ng conceppt mula sa history at dinadagdagan nya kung minsan.  Yung fibonacci numbers totoo.  Yung lalabas na ratio after several permutations 1.618.... ay totoo.  Alin sa sinulat ni DB sa Da Vinci code yun tanong mo?

well, lahat na may kaugnayan sa PHI na mention dun...for example, measure the tip of your head to the floor then divide it by the distance from your belly button to the floor... lahat ba ganun ang answer... I mean PHI ung answer...

a machine produces its output with a fraction defective of 0.06. if a lot consists of 100 items, what is the probability that a sample of 5 items will contain exactly 1 defective? :)

records indicate that in a small Arkansas community of 50 families, 10 families cheated on their U.S. tax returns. if the IRS select 5 families to audit, what is the probability none will have cheated?

thanks in advance :)

well, lahat na may kaugnayan sa PHI na mention dun...for example, measure  the tip of your head to the floor then divide it by the distance from your belly button to the floor... lahat ba ganun ang answer... I mean PHI ung answer...

Totoo yun. Phi = 1.618

Sabi ng tropa ni da Vinci, ito yun perfect ratio. Try searching the net for Phi or Fibonacci. According to the rennaisance folks, this is the ratio between proportions that occur in nature (or God made things): Ratio of a person's height (head to foot) from his waist (waist to foot), ratio of width of the lips to the width of the face, etc. May scientist nga na nag-reaseach dito at gamit yun PHI, gumawa siya ng mask that represents the face that is considered as beautiful. Tapos si-nuperimpose nila ito sa nga mukha ng mga tao na sa tingin ng marami ay maganda - pasok nga! Yun mga mukha na ginamit nila mula sa iba-ibang parte ng daigdig - afrikano, americano, intsik, etc.

i hate mathematical inductions!

umiikot mundo ko tuwing ginagawa namin to every tuesdays and thursdays!

P(n) is true so assume that P(n+1) is true if the formula is... BLLLLLLWWWWWAAAAAHHH!!!!

waaaaAAAAaaaah!!! yoko na!

tpos before this subject (discrete mathematics nga pla ung subject..)

i have this web programming na subject using PHP...

na hindi ko maintindihan ng sobra...

BWISET NA INDUCTION EK EK TO!

:huh: :wacko: :sick: :grr:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
a machine produces its output with a fraction defective of 0.06. if a lot consists of 100 items, what is the probability that a sample of 5 items will contain exactly 1 defective? :)

records indicate that in a small Arkansas community of 50 families, 10 families cheated on their U.S. tax returns. if the IRS select 5 families to audit, what is the probability none will have cheated?

thanks in advance :)

Arkansas:(40!/35!)/(50!/45!) kaya?

• 2 weeks later...
i love numbers....it is easy to solve rather than memorize.in math you should only know the formula to solve certain problem.. etc

wrong...in math, a formula is a mere derivation...an intermediate step to finding a solution to a problem...

all u need in math is a good analytical brain to think of logical assumptions...that's the only requirement...a brain that could churn out a formula and theorems out of valid postulates and axioms...

that's how a leibnitz, gauss, and newton developed their math...

of course for mere mortals, ready-made formulas are of great help.

• 1 month later...

Problem 1. A man has nine children born at regular intervals. The sum of the squares of their ages is equal to the square of the man's age. What are the ages of the children? of the man?

Problem 2. Professor Al Gebra and Professor Cal Culus were chatting. "You know what occurred to me the other day,Cal?"asked Professor Gebra. "What?" said Professor Culus. " When we first met, the square of your age then contained the same three digits as the square of my age, just in a different order", Professor Gebra continued. "You are right. And did you notice that if you take the square of the sum of our ages when we met and split it into two 2-digit numbers, you have my age then and your age now?" remarked Professor Culus.

How old is Professor Gebra now?

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid...058215&from=rss

George Dantzig, the inventor of the Simplex method

<http://www.stanford.edu/group/SOL/dantzig.html> for solving Linear

Programming problems, died on May 13. He was also the now-legendary

student <http://www.snopes.com/college/homework/unsolvable.asp> who

turned in solutions for what he had taken to be a homework assignment,

only to find out they had been posted as examples of what were suspected

to be unsolvable problems.

Problem 1. A man has nine children born at regular intervals. The sum of the squares of their ages is equal to the square of the man's age. What are the ages of the children? of the man?

The closest answer I get is that the man is 31 years old, and his kids age from 6 to 14 in one year increments. A 16 year old dad is feasible, right?

31^2 = 961

sum (x^2) where x = 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 = 960

children are ages 2 to 26, born at 3 year intervals. man is 48 years old.

solution:

let a = age of the youngest child

let n = interval between children

let b = age of the father

b^2 = a^2 + (a+n)^2 + (a+2n)^2 + ... + (a+8n)^2

--> b^2 = a^2 + a^2 + 2an + n^2 + a^2 + 4an + 4n^2 + ... + a^2 + 16an + 64n^2

--> b^2 = 9a^2 + 72an + 204n^2

if a = 2 and n = 3 then

--> b = square_root ( 9(2)^2 + 72(2)(3) + 204(3)^2 )

--> b = 48

wish i had a more elegant solution

Problem 2. Professor Al Gebra and Professor Cal Culus were chatting. "You know what occurred to me the other day,Cal?"asked Professor Gebra. "What?" said Professor Culus. " When we first met, the square of your age then contained the same three digits as the square of my age, just in a different order", Professor Gebra continued. "You are right. And did you notice that if you take the square of the sum of our ages when we met and split it into two 2-digit numbers, you have my age then and your age now?" remarked Professor Culus.

How old is Professor Gebra now?

i'm gonna take a shot at this one eventhough i didn't solve this through fomulas, etc. but rather using an excel spreadsheet. prof al gebra's age now is 81 years old while prof cal culus' age now is 72 years old. they first met 47 years ago when prof al gebra was 25 years old while prof cal culus was 16 years old.

" When we first met, the square of your age then contained the same three digits as the square of my age, just in a different order", Professor Gebra continued

16^2 = 256

25^2 = 625

first requirement was met. i assumed prof al gebra's age he was referring to was his age then. he visibly said the age of prof cal culus then but left an open statement on his age when he just said "my age".

You are right. And did you notice that if you take the square of the sum of our ages when we met and split it into two 2-digit numbers, you have my age then and your age now?" remarked Professor Culus.

(16+25)^2 = 1681

split it into two 2-digit would be = 16 and 81

16 being prof cal culus' age then and

81 being prof al gebra's age now

tama po ba? :huh: