What Every Car Owner Should Have

• 2 months later...
TEAR GAS!!  :evil:  And not just any kind of tear gas but the one i've been seeing installed in the cars of some of the top executives in big corporations. I've seen some of these cars that actually have it installed on the roof or on the step boards of their vans/suv's.

I've also seen a portable type kept in cars of many people especially ladies. It's color yellow and it looks like a harmless fire extinguisher. Out of curiosity i asked the cars owner about it and she was more than willing to demonstrate how it worked. F***ING S**T that 3lb tank sprayed a distance of 20+ ft.!!  :blink: To top it all of, the teargas isn't your garden variety teargas but a more lethal mixture called CS!!  :evil:

I was so impressed that i actually bought 2 of the portable types and immediately threw away the pathetic looking bronco tear gas that i always kept in my car.  ;)

I wanted to buy the one installed on the car itself but honestly i couldn't afford the price. :(

how much was the installed one and how much did you spend for the portable ones?

note: a bullet can go further and faster than that. better be quick to decide whether to use or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

car keys and gas

coolant, brake fluid, motor oil, windshield cleaner

jack, spare tire, tools

insurance and registration documents

manual of your car

a list of numbers to call in case of emergency

a flashlight

a celfone

spare cash (here in the US minimum towing is 75 bux paid outright)

water

patience and common sense

• 3 months later...

I drive mostly SUV's and go out of town every 2 weeks kaya maraming dapat ikarga. Job based kasi ang dahilan ko kaya marami akong kailangan na survival gear. 2 weeks ako I went to Pangasinan and these were what I brought

1)Shock stick or Tazer Baton, rechargable batteries with charger unit

2)signal flare gun

3)lighter with mulitpurpose knife

4)matches

5)spare cellphone with extra battery, cel charger and pre-paid sim

6)hydraulic jack

7)tire hole patches

8)jumper cables

9)strobe lights

10)toolbox

11)another spare tire

12)3 gallon water and coolant

13)brake fluid

14)3 LED flashlights

15)2 umbrellas

16)coleman cooler(filled with drinks and food of course)

17)portable 8 mile radius 2 way radio

18)swiss army knife

19)instant fisherman kit(hehe saved me from starving once!)

20)always bring a big bag with extra clothing, shoes, hygiene products and junk food.

21)compass

22)spare money with credit card

23)an 8 or/upto 20 liter external fuel tanker

24)tire pump with psi gauge

25)video digicam

26)road map

27)PDA with GPS

28)whistle or blowhorn

29)pen/pencil and a notebook for note taking kasi may pagka ulyanin ako pag malayo ang biyahe.

30)MP3 player with laptop na may rechargable solar panels.

31)duct tape, electrical tape

32)first aid kit

33)Comics, FHM, T3 mags

34)portable LPG gas, cooker, teflon pans, plates..etc..

35)canned food and bigas! Di nagdedeliver ang KFC sa bundok eh!

WEll, all of these things can easily fit in any of my SUV's and they don't actually look cluttered coz most of them naka lagay sa labas, either sa likuran o sa itaas. I have all of these gears coz it's required sa job ko. Consultant ako at surveyor kaya pagdating ng location eh mga 8 hors ang average drive ko at times sa mga dirt roads na di nakalagay sa road map. I like the sense of adventure though. Sometimes I'd be at the my worksite up on the hills for days. Minsan may kasama, minsan solo lang. Oh lonely nights. Pero on rare occasions I'm liscensed to bring a sidearm lalo na yung papunta ako sa area na ang daming NPA. Brrr... that was scary! Good thing it was a peaceful trip.

yup antiseptic at lalo na yung kulambo at off lotion. Dati nga nagdala ako ng Baygon at naubos ko yung large can nila para lang tantanan ako ng mga lintik na mga insekto yun. Pero aside from insects I was bitten by snakes almost in half a dozen occassions. Good thing non-venomous kind ang mga yun.

yup antiseptic at lalo na yung kulambo at off lotion.  Dati nga nagdala ako ng Baygon at naubos ko yung large can nila para lang tantanan ako ng mga lintik na mga insekto yun.  Pero aside from insects I was bitten by snakes almost in half a dozen occassions.  Good thing non-venomous kind ang mga yun.

For alternative, apply fresh tomato juice on your exposed skin, it deters mosquitoes..... ;)