What's Your Current Pc System ?

• 2 weeks later...

My Legacy Rig

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 Ghz

4gb (2x2) hynix PC 800 DD2 Ram

G31 ASUS Motherboard

Intex Speaker (formerly Creative T3300 sound system)

Defective 17" Samsung LCD Monitor (Planned to buy another 17 inch LCD or 15.6 inch LED USB powered)

Intel GMA 3100 (again), formerly defective nvidia/ Inno3d 1gb GT 240

500 GB SATA 2 HDD

Lite on DVD Burner IDE (formerly SATA Burner)

Edited by crazymassage89
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amd Kaveri A8-7600 (Quad Core with onboard Videocard that can run games like Skyrim/Bioshock Infinite on High and most newer games at Medium to Low as of this post)

8gb of 1866 mhz Kingston Memory

x2 1 TB HDD WDC 7200rpm 64mb cache (For Gaming/Storage)

Kingston 120 GB SSD (For OS)

Corsair 550 watt PSU

FM2+ Mobo Gigabyte (cannot remember model but it comes with usb 3.0)

I could have probably spent more, but I didn't feel like making it better would be justified when I don't have enough time off from work to game. I just needed a PC to do paperwork and light gaming. The CPU had a reasonably decent built-in video card and it was roughly 4,800 pesos. I got the parts on sale too, though I only added on the SSD and extra HDD later on.

Price rundown was this:

A8 Quad Core CPU 4.8k

1tb 7200rpm WDC HD 2.4k

Twin 4gb 1866 mhz Ram 2.4k (was on clearance sale - that was a gamble on my part since sale items don't have warranty)

Mobo with 3.0 USB slots 2.4k (was discounted for some reason I cannot remember, but only by a few hundred)

Corsair PSU 2.1k (Never go generic if you can afford to, your PSU is your PC's heart, the CPU is it's brain. You don't spend so much money to risk it all on something shitty. That's like buying a sportscar and swapping out your engine with a second hand sarao jeep engine.)

Case 1k (CD-R King used to sell these huge cases at 1k, they no longer do, but I think there are comparable cases at 1.5k)

Monitor 19.5 inch 3.7k (You do not buy a cheap small monitor, because you'll be using this for a long time. Also buy LED. Old CRT monitors use plenty of power and heat. If you're really strapped for cash use a 1k refurbished LCD at your own risk)

My rig was roughly 18,800 php, complete - . I still had my old mouse, keyboard and speakers. I do know you could probably cut the costs if you only bought 4gb ram, a smaller 500gb HDD and used an old monitor of yours, but I would never suggest using inferior PSU. Also a CPU cooler is nice, they cost around 500 pesos (the quieter ones cost more and amd's stock coolers aren't really good if you'll game) and you'll want them if you're going to game for extended periods on this rig anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need help / advice on to what parts I should be buying and what will be the specs, as I am planning to buy a new System Unit specifically for Gaming (Ultra settings), Video editing, programming.

My budget for System Unit only is 60k - 70k(MAX). Also recommend me 2 Monitors (Brand and Dimension for this set up).