Back To The 70's

When I was very young, my mother was so "bawalish" about money. We couldn't put it on the table, and we had to wash our hands every time we handled it. The reason? You never know where it's been. All these years, I've never had the heart to tell her where the money actually goes and where it comes out. Kayo talaga!! Nasho-shock ang aking virgin ears... :D

yang GOP na yan...yan ba yung malapit sa may manila zoo? i think i went there once, medyo na-shock ako dun, kasi pinasok P5 bill at nung nilabas naging barya!!! bow ako!!!!

yup pare...you cross Quirino - on the other side ng Adriatico yung GOP...whaddaya know - ngayon puro motel na dun hehehe...

pards bilib ako sa iyo - kabisado mo pa yung detalye pero yung location di mo na matandaan :P

andito na rin, that same trick was done at foamy brine sa e. rodriguez on your left just before espana-rotonda. saw the same show where the coins fell noisily on the floor!

yo pare!

hehehe pag ganitong usapan bumabalik ka :P

never knew that Foamy Brine....although dapat mas malapit kami dyan dahil Diliman kami nanggagaling - napapadpad pa kami sa Maynila para lang manuod

yup pare...you cross Quirino - on the other side ng Adriatico yung GOP...whaddaya know - ngayon puro motel na dun hehehe...

pards bilib ako sa iyo - kabisado mo pa yung detalye pero yung location di mo na matandaan :P

bwahahaha...its just like asking someone what they were doing or where they are when 9/11 occured, lahat natatandaan to the exact detail, ganun siguro pag "traumatic"experience. :boo: may " bullfight" doon sa baba, pwede hawak, kaso losyang na losyang ang participants. :sick: all "GOP" things have to end sometime, it was the best of times. :thumbsupsmiley:

madame sunflower, even my WIFE is very curious as to what actually HAPPENS INSIDE these places...... sabi ko 'malay ko, HINDI naman ako pumapasok sa mga yan' , erferferf

stealing heaven, near baclaran, was the last place I know na merong 'bull', pero nang pumasok na c joeyboy tinigil na......sayans........erferferf

mai kapitbahay nga kami na hobbit sized, hindi sya pinapasok sa isang x-rated theater sa maynila (those showing double features).....hanggang ngayon asar talo pa rin sa amin, erferferf

just passed by the other day, parang hinde ko na nakita ung miami hotel, or maybe it was my poor eyesight? I got hold of several of my elementary textbooks and some of these books plug the 'new and modern' ODEON cinema house corner rizal avenue and recto avenue. ngayon the place is better known for the 'odeon gals', quickies with 4 and below ratings for 500 bucks. erferferf

This year marks the 30th year of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE. When it started in 1975, among the originals were Dan Ayckroyd, Chevy Chase, the late John Belushi, the late Gilda Radner. Among the other alumni were Eddie Murphy, Bill Murray, Adam Sandler, Billy Crystal, Chris Rock, the late Chris Farley, Dana Carvey, Mike Myers (Austin Powers) - all greats who later made a big name in movies later on.

What I remember most vividly about the show was an episode in 1992 (?) wherein the guest musical performer Sinead O' Connor performed Bob Marley's WAR a capella, at the end of which she tore up a photo of Pope John Paul II. I got to read a write-up of this incident lately. All the people on the show (it was always live) got into a state of shock when this happened but this did not prevent the show's director at the time to have the presence of mind not to flash the AUDIENCE APPLAUSE sign at the end of the song - the result of which there was total silence when Sinead finished her antic.

What was loathsome about the incident was that during the show's dress rehearsal, Sinead requested to insert this a capella song and at the rehearsal what she was showing and tore up was a picture of children in poverty. All along she was planning this stunt and really wanted to pull a fast one on the show.

Sinead by the way was born and raised in Catholic Ireland and was temporarily a nun before she became a musical artist.

madame sunflower, even my WIFE is very curious as to what actually HAPPENS INSIDE these places...... sabi ko 'malay ko, HINDI naman ako pumapasok sa mga yan' , erferferf

sir robbietan, wala namang mawawala sa amin ng wife mo kung manonood lang. saka ung napanood ko, not that hot. hehehe! pinaka simply lang siguro.

ehermmmmm! hindi ka pala pumapasok ha? erferferferf. (pahiram ng signature mo ha?) nakakahawa. lols!

yup, and sinead apologized for the incident later (after several bashings and threats).

the 70s also featured rowan and martin's laff-in as well as the brit benny hill show. laff-in (canadian?) alumni includes goldie hawn, ruth buzzi (?) and artie something (hinde ko pa ma-alala). benny hill show survived to the 80s when it was shown in channel 9 and still gives me fits of laughter when i catch the show

mmde sunflower, mahirap kc magsama ng chix sa mga ganung places, baka mapagkamalan pang 'for hire' and mapa-away pa ako kung mai mag-offer ng bid sa wife ko, erferferf. baka kc masyadong mababa, ERFERFERF! (jokjokjok)

I remember my mother and I , after watching movies in Cubao (New Frontier , or

other moviehouses in Aurora), eating in this ice cream parlor. This place also

served hamburgers placed in plates (or platito). As a kid, I said that this sandwich

was really quite big and delicious, and became a favorite. Ngayon, sya na ang

dambuhalang korporasyon na Jollibee. Medyo ok lang lasa ng burger nila ngayon, but

I feel it was more delicious then. :)

one day robbietan was eating in a jolibee fastfood near ue-recto (wala na, nasunog na). he didnt feel like eating a sandwich then so he pulls out his lunchpail (college pa lang aku nuun, erferferf) and eats his baon rice together with the hamburger patty he extracted from the sandwich.

his mother (d jolibee manager of d branch) informs top management and voila

jolibee's burger steak was born......

believe it or not........(jack palance)