• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Back To The 70's

During the 70s, Alemars was located in that small arcade along Ayala Avenue, beside Rizal Theater. During the early 1980s, it moved to what is now known as Glorietta 3 (back then, it was called the North Mall) right beside the first McDonald's store in Makati. I seem to recall Alemars went out of business sometime in the mid-(or late-)1980s.

My mistake: Goodwill Bookstore pala yung nasa Ayala North Mall (not Alemar's). 30 years can make one's memory fuzzy.

PBA superstars back in the 1970's included Sonny Jaworski, Francis Arnaiz, Fortunato Co, Jr., Abet Guidaben, Ramon Fernandez, Jun Papa, Danny Florencio, Rudolph Kutch, William Adornado, Mike Bilbao, Larry Mumar, Philip Cezar, Abe King, Jimmy Mariano, Yoyong Martirez, Johnny Abarrientos, Jesse Sullano, and many others whose names now escapes me.

I remember open space parking lots which were free to the public. Parking in the '70s wasn't a problem. There were very few vehicles vis-a-vis the number of available parking slots, especially at the Makati Commercial Center (now called the Ayala Center)

http://nostalgiamani...-once-knew.html

If I recall correctly, this all changed after Landmark was constructed in the 1980's. Prior to that, traffic in the Makati area was relatively light.

For fans of Uncle Bob Stewart, here's a clip from the final version of his evening musical show, Uncle Bob & Friends (sorry, its a clip from 1983/84)

The clip features the puppet Pancho (from the 1970s Lucky Seven Club show and partner of the other Lucky Seven Club puppet, Spanky the elephant) and pianist Joselito Pascual:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGtNxyBRqJw

In the second clip, we see that Uncle Bob can be quite a flirt (with piano prodigy Rowena Arrieta) at 0:29 to 0:39:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9xfTOgOuJI

For fans of Uncle Bob Stewart, here's a clip from the final version of his evening musical show, Uncle Bob & Friends (sorry, its a clip from 1983/84)

The clip features the puppet Pancho (from the 1970s Lucky Seven Club show and partner of the other Lucky Seven Club puppet, Spanky the elephant) and pianist Joselito Pascual:

In the second clip, we see that Uncle Bob can be quite a flirt (with piano prodigy Rowena Arrieta) at 0:29 to 0:39:

I miss Uncle Bob. He was a truly good man and great with kids. I regret never showing up at the Channel 7 tv station despite repeated invitations to attend his Uncle Bob's Luck 7 Club tv show.

I will always associate Bob Stewart with my childhood. May he RIP.

anybody here remember the gma 7 staion id in the 70s "where you belong"? been trying to search it on youtube. some channel 7 shows i used to watch before.

love boat

SWAT

starsky & hutch

charlie's angels

CHIPS

night rider

Yup, arguably the best station jingle in Philippine history. Goes like this: "This, this is where you belong, my friend. Come along with me, and I'll share the world with you. This is where you belong, my friend. Come along, my friend. Our world is your world is where you belong. Where you belong, my friend."

Love Boat was shown on Wed night at 8PM. Starsky & Hutch on Fri night at 7. Charlie's Angels at 8PM on Sundays. CHiPS on Monday at 8PM, Knight Rider at 8:30PM on Wednesdays. SWAT wasn't shown on GMA though, as this was aired instead on BBC 2.

Yup, arguably the best station jingle in Philippine history. Goes like this: "This, this is where you belong, my friend. Come along with me, and I'll share the world with you. This is where you belong, my friend. Come along, my friend. Our world is your world is where you belong. Where you belong, my friend."

Love Boat was shown on Wed night at 8PM. Starsky & Hutch on Fri night at 7. Charlie's Angels at 8PM on Sundays. CHiPS on Monday at 8PM, Knight Rider at 8:30PM on Wednesdays. SWAT wasn't shown on GMA though, as this was aired instead on BBC 2.

wow!!! good memory my friend. oh my bad...i thought SWAT was shown on 7...nonetheless during the 70s channel 7 was my favorite. can't quite remember but were threes company and mork & mindly also shown on 7? damn...those programs :)

wow!!! good memory my friend. oh my bad...i thought SWAT was shown on 7...nonetheless during the 70s channel 7 was my favorite. can't quite remember but were threes company and mork & mindly also shown on 7? damn...those programs :)

Many of these programs are still available on DVD in the US. I have collected quite a number of old classic tv programs from the 60's and 70's including Hawaii 5-0, Combat, Soap, Rich Man, Poor Man, Roots, Taxi, The Streets of San Francisco, Chips, etc. I also have other tv series from the 80's like Miami Vice, The A Team, etc.

Many of these programs are still available on DVD in the US. I have collected quite a number of old classic tv programs from the 60's and 70's including Hawaii 5-0, Combat, Soap, Rich Man, Poor Man, Roots, Taxi, The Streets of San Francisco, Chips, etc. I also have other tv series from the 80's like Miami Vice, The A Team, etc.

wow!!! precious collection you have there...priceless. combat? yeah...i also remember that. vic morrow if my memory serves me right. i also remember there was this program "battle of the network stars" (?) wherein stars of abc, cbs and nbc play against each other. sayang panoorin :)

Yes, Mork & Mindy was aired on Sundays at 8PM on GMA. Three's Company came in around 9PM. I think "The Benny Hill Show" came in between the two programs at one point.