• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Back To The 70's

First time entire TV programming in PH came in full color was in 1973/74. 2-3 years earlier, colored programs were selective.

I remember the very first tv set of my family was a Zenith. I vividly remember watching a horror movie (starring Vincent Price) where blood came out of walls. I was amazed to see the actual red color of blood for the first time. Yun lang my dad banned us from even going near that tv!!

• Like (+1) 1

The other shows from the 70s are Loveboat, CHIPS and the original Charlie's Angels.

Loveboat was comedy and Charlie's Angels was action/drama but I remember that Charlie's Angels had a crossover episode with Loveboat.

Anybody remember The Streets of San Francisco, with Karl Malden and Michael Douglas who was still young.

Mahilug ako sa nga cop series nuon. There was also SWAT, Toma, Mannix, Cannon.

Anybody remember The Streets of San Francisco, with Karl Malden and Michael Douglas who was still young.

Mahilug ako sa nga cop series nuon. There was also SWAT, Toma, Mannix, Cannon.

I've been collecting dvds of The Streets of San Francisco but my collection is far from complete. I also remember SWAT, Mannix, Cannon, and Hawaii Five-0.

Just two newspapers > > > Bulletin Today and Daily Express

Yeah both heavily censored. There was no freedom back then to express oneself. You could, but you'd be risking your life if the authorities didn't like what you said.

Actually, three if you include Times Journal.

Yes that's right. All three were heavily censored. There was never any criticism in the newspapers against Marcos and his government. These papers' editors and columnists were all locked up at the time. Only those who wrote favorably about the Marcos administration were allowed to write in these papers.

The same can be said of countries such as China and Malaysia where dissent isn't tolerated. Media is the biggest equalizer in the administration of justice because it draws attention to abuse of governments against its citizens. It also pressures government to act if the government is perceived as dragging its feet on certain issues.

• Like (+1) 1