• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Back To The 70's

My favorite comedy series was Three's Company starring John Ritter, Suzanne Sommers, and Joyce de Witt. I think the writers really had a great sense of humor and the actors were excellent. I also have the complete dvd collection. Had to buy the Hawaii Five O and Three's Company dvd's overseas because they're not available here locally. Cost me an arm and a leg but I think I'm happy that I have these in my collection.

What I miss were the penekula of the era. Or was that part of the '80s?

It's a pity the producers/distributors didn't have the foresight to save copies for later generations :(

penekula came out in the 80s. it won't stand a chance in the clutches of martial law. Tata Esteban was one prolific director of penekulas. Mark Joseph starred in many penekulas.

Three's Company reunion (2012): Suzanne Somers and Joyce DeWitt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2NtZrSW8E

It's so nice seeing Suzanne Somers and Joyce DeWitt re-united after a falling out many many years ago. Suzanne Somers actually looks prettier in this video that she did in the late 70's when she portrayed "Crissy", the dumb blonde in this great sitcom. Both of them are probably in their mid 60's at this time.

I read somewhere that Suzanne Somers was cut from the series because she was acting like some sort of prima donna. I understand she was asking for a raise that the network couldn't (or didn't) want to pay. Her husband was allegedly behind her outrageous demands which prompted the network to axe her from the show.

Never have I seen a comedy sitcom as well written, witty, and funny as Three's Company. I have the complete dvd collection and I don't mind watching these when I'm feeling down and out.

The other shows from the 70s are Loveboat, CHIPS and the original Charlie's Angels.

Loveboat was comedy and Charlie's Angels was action/drama but I remember that Charlie's Angels had a crossover episode with Loveboat.

The Loveboat and Chips were "make you feel good" types of tv programs which always had a happy ending. I don't remember much of Charlie's Angels. One of the mini series I enjoyed in the 70s was Rich Man Poor Man, books 1 and 2. Starring Nick Nolte, Peter Strauss, Susan Blakely, and the villain William Smith who later co-starred with Jack Lord in Hawaii Five-0.

Another hit tv series of the 70s was Alex Haley's Roots.

I'm not familiar with Rich Man Poor Man. The original Charlie's Angels were Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Jaclyn Smith. Cheryl Ladd replaced Farrah Fawcett and Tanya Roberts replaced Kate Jackson. Loveboat, CHIPS and Charlie's Angels aired on Channel 7. Again, I'm positive of this. If memory serves me right, Charlie's Angels aired every Sunday on Channel 7.

Rich Man Poor Man was a mini-series that kept you always waiting for the next episode. Binibitin ka palagi. I have the dvd collection of this mini-series. I watched it only recently but I could still remember particular scenes which I had last seen in 1976 or 37 years ago!! Man I'm getting really old. He he he.

If you ever watched "24" you'll know what I'm talking about. That series always kept you by the edge of your seat and you couldn't wait to start watching the next episode. Ganoon din ang Rich Man Poor Man.