Back To The 70's

Hi There!

The shop is right along the lane behind the shop that sells all the Golfing attire --on your left as soon as you enter the main entrance. There's 3-4 shops selling not just some MP3 but also audio discs in CD format as well. Three for PhP 100 ang price.

From that pile, I was able to get the following:

1. Best of the Tempattions

2. Best of the WHO

3. Maria Cafra

4. Best of Pinoy Swing music ( ayos ba? heheh -- couldn't help it! )

5. Circus Band

6. 70's Jazz compilation

If you can not locate the shop, just let me know and I'll burn one for you. I hold office at Tektite lang.

Cheers!

Thank you 16Track for the info and the recommended picks. I will head down to MW this afternoon. :)

Best regards.

[qhiuote name=bods1000' date='Mar 22 2007, 12:52 PM' post='4211208]

that was a great article, pare. Thanks for sharing it with us. Brings back memories....

Eric Caruncho, Tony Maghirang, et al were great music critics at the old Jingle mag. Together with Juaniyo Arcellana and the poet Eric Gamalinda (who's now in the States)

hi guys...

pareng bods do you have any other info on eric gamalinda...

pareng sbm..

i remember bacchus...

the place is so small and cramped and a;ways jampacked

that one time i had to sit by the drummer.

pag labas namin di lang ako sabog sa booze, sabog din ear drums ko.hahaha

>One visit to an optometrist yielded more than reading glasses. The luminous Dr. Nella Sarabia was business affairs manager for the late Edmond Fortuno, who played the drums in Peñera's third album and at the Calesa Bar gigs.

Pards, was she the same Nella Sarabia-De Leon who also wrote for Jingle magazine?

Back in the late 70s, I had a special issue of Jingle Magazine that focused on all of the Beatles songs. The magazine had a red cover and had the photos of the Fab Four on it. If I remember right, there was an article in the magazine that Nell wrote and one that Juaniyo Arcellana wrote.

Sayang. Wala nang Jingle Magazine. It was a very popular magazine. Most of my friends and classmates who were into music were regular readers. That's why I'm not really sure to this day what led to its demise. :(

Edited by willow_boy
Pards, was she the same Nella Sarabia-De Leon who also wrote for Jingle magazine?

Back in the late 70s, I had a special issue of Jingle Magazine that focused on all of the Beatles songs. The magazine had a red cover and had the photos of the Fab Four on it. If I remember right, there was an article in the magazine that Nell wrote and one that Juaniyo Arcellana wrote.

Sayang. Wala nang Jingle Magazine. It was a very popular magazine. Most of my friends and classmates who were into music were regular readers. That's why I'm not really sure to this day what led to its demise. :(

Familiar radio ads of Jingle Mag that still ring in my ears:

1. " Mommy, MOmmy... I want to JINGLE!"

2. "Anong say mo!!!!" :lol:

[qhiuote name=bods1000' date='Mar 22 2007, 12:52 PM' post='4211208]

that was a great article, pare. Thanks for sharing it with us. Brings back memories....

Eric Caruncho, Tony Maghirang, et al were great music critics at the old Jingle mag. Together with Juaniyo Arcellana and the poet Eric Gamalinda (who's now in the States)

hi guys...

pareng bods do you have any other info on eric gamalinda...

negative, pare...

that's all I know. I think he's holed up in New York City.

Sayang, I miss his prose. Pero poet pala kalalabasan nya. I am also looking for his poetry collection The Empire of The Senses pero wala na akong makita...

regards, pare...

I think "Soldier Blue" also starred Peter Strauss, who years later appeared as Rudy Jordache in "Rich Man, Poor Man." There was a memorable line in "Soldier Blue": "What are you, a son of a bitch?" My sister said it in the presence of my mother and got a tongue-lashing not long afterwards.

hehe..nope. that's the young country music outlaw WILLIE NELSON.

eto na cya ngayon... :P

nadale mo kami dun ah pare hehehe....

so that's how he looked before :D

Candice Bergen - I think she was also in SAND PEBBLES, with Steve Mcqueen. Also in THE MAGUS- I think she had some nudity there...

Great beauty!

nadale mo kami dun ah pare hehehe....

so that's how he looked before :D

Candice Bergen - I think she was also in SAND PEBBLES, with Steve Mcqueen. Also in THE MAGUS- I think she had some nudity there...

Great beauty!

Talking about Candice Bergen reminds me of other icons of beauty in the 70s like Racquel Welch, Catherine Deneuve, Diana Riggs, Jacqueline Bisset...ah, these women were beautiful

Lahat yan naging crush ko rin noon pati sina Jane Seymour, Ali MacGraw, Jessica Lange, Katharine Ross and Claudia Cardinale.

Sa older beauties naman:

Grace Kelly, Ingrid Bergman, Natalie Wood, Ava Gardner, Lauren Bacall, Hedi Lamarr, Sophia Loren, Bridget Bardot, Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn

Pahabol sina Twiggy, Cheryl Tiegs, Diane Keaton and Lynda Carter

Talking about Candice Bergen reminds me of other icons of beauty in the 70s like Racquel Welch, Catherine Deneuve, Diana Riggs, Jacqueline Bisset...ah, these women were beautiful

Diana Rigg was such an elegant beauty. Matindi ang crush ko diyan noon! :cool: She played the role of Mrs. Emma Peel on the British detective series "The Avengers" with Patrick Macnee.

"storm Posted Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Lahat yan naging crush ko rin noon pati sina Jane Seymour, Ali MacGraw, Jessica Lange, Katharine Ross and Claudia Cardinale.

Sa older beauties naman:

Grace Kelly, Ingrid Bergman, Natalie Wood, Ava Gardner, Lauren Bacall, Hedi Lamarr, Sophia Loren, Bridget Bardot, Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn

Pahabol sina Twiggy, Cheryl Tiegs, Diane Keaton and Lynda Carter"

Let me add the Bond girls too such as Ursula Andress and Barbara Bach. :thumbsupsmiley:

Diana Rigg was such an elegant beauty. Matindi ang crush ko diyan noon! :cool: She played the role of Mrs. Emma Peel on the British detective series "The Avengers" with Patrick Macnee.

Sa older beauties naman:

Let me add the Bond girls too such as Ursula Andress and Barbara Bach. :thumbsupsmiley:

The pinay beauties of that time include Carmen Rhonda, Trixia Gomez, Elizabeth Orpesa and Alona Alegre. But the most famous is the Cebuana discovered by comedian Augusto Pangan aka Chiquito named Vanessa Lacsamana aka Alma Moreno.

Sa older beauties naman:

Add ko lang sila Elke Sommers at Si Sylvia Kristel sa mga sexy actresses at sa mga teen idols naman ay si Susan Sarandon lang natatandaan ko.

Add ko lang sila Elke Sommers at Si Sylvia Kristel sa mga sexy actresses at sa mga teen idols naman ay si Susan Sarandon lang natatandaan ko.

oo nga no? The emmanuelle series and The Other Side of Midnight. :boo:

Dagdag ko pa:

Lesley Anne Down

Ornella Muti

Charlotte Rampling

Yvette Mimeux

Rosana Podesta

Amparo Muñoz

Local (60s)

Marlene Dauden

Josephine Estrada

Rosemarie

Pilar Pilapil

70s

Rio Locsin

Lorna Tolentino

Chanda Romero

Lotis Key

Marianne dela Riva

oo nga no? The emmanuelle series and The Other Side of Midnight. :boo:

Dagdag ko pa:

Lesley Anne Down

Ornella Muti

Charlotte Rampling

Yvette Mimeux

Rosana Podesta

Amparo Muñoz

Local (60s)

Marlene Dauden

Josephine Estrada

Rosemarie

Pilar Pilapil

70s

Rio Locsin

Lorna Tolentino

Chanda Romero

Lotis Key

Marianne dela Riva

I remember Charlotte Rampling in the movie Zardoz, starred with Sean Connery.

Rio Locsin was the first "crush ng bayan" if i'm not mistaken. She was first linked with Al Tantay.

Remember Yvonne? - one of the first "Bomba Queen". :boo: