• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Back To The 70's

Padaan lang. Nasirang ISP ko tapos went to Baguio nang balikan. Parusa sa driving.

I really missed the Baguio of the 70s. Very congested na ngayon. John Hay na lang ang amoy Baguio. :(

For nostalgia, we had lunch at Star Cafe along Session Road then bought strawberries, Romana's peanut brittle, brocolli, cauliflower, basil, sayote tips, and other Baguio vegetables para makabawi. :thumbsupsmiley:

Passed by John Hay and had merienda at the Filling Station. Pwede na rin pero it was a lot better in the past.

I was a junior bowler in the 70s and the Landmark area was where the old Coronado lanes was located. We loved the pastries and the bolognese in swiss inn then.

Padaan lang. Nasirang ISP ko tapos went to Baguio nang balikan. Parusa sa driving.

I really missed the Baguio of the 70s. Very congested na ngayon. John Hay na lang ang amoy Baguio. :(

For nostalgia, we had lunch at Star Cafe along Session Road then bought strawberries, Romana's peanut brittle, brocolli, cauliflower, basil, sayote tips, and other Baguio vegetables para makabawi. :thumbsupsmiley:

Passed by John Hay and had merienda at the Filling Station. Pwede na rin pero it was a lot better in the past.

I was a junior bowler in the 70s and the Landmark area was where the old Coronado lanes was located. We loved the pastries and the bolognese in swiss inn then.

Would you know the best hotel to stay there this summer? Buhay pa kaya ang INN ROCIO? --which i was told was owned by

the grand old man of the 70s Opposition, Don Chino Roces.

Would you know the best hotel to stay there this summer? Buhay pa kaya ang INN ROCIO? --which i was told was owned by

the grand old man of the 70s Opposition, Don Chino Roces.

No idea bro. The good ones are Elizabeth Place, The Manor in Camp John Hay and Baguio Country Club.

In the 70s marami like Pines Hotel, Hyatt Terraces, Hotel Nevada, Baguio Park ---- they all collapsed during the big earthquake that shook Luzon in July of 1990.

Edited by storm
No idea bro. The good ones are Elizabeth Place, The Manor in Camp John Hay and Baguio Country Club.

In the 70s marami like Pines Hotel, Hyatt Terraces, Hotel Nevada, Baguio Park ---- they all collapsed during the big earthquake that shook Luzon in July of 1990.

Copy that. Thanks!

Re Nevada Hotel...beside this hotel was "Mothers'" a small eatery but very popular among locals and balikbayans for serving dinuguan and grilled chicken. :)

Copy that. Thanks!

Re Nevada Hotel...beside this hotel was "Mothers'" a small eatery but very popular among locals and balikbayans for serving dinuguan and grilled chicken. :)

Indeed, the fried chicken at Mothers was great and cheap. Check out Vacation Hotel on Leonard Wood Road. Might be in Baguio weekend of March 9-11. Really miss the place.

Indeed, the fried chicken at Mothers was great and cheap. Check out Vacation Hotel on Leonard Wood Road. Might be in Baguio weekend of March 9-11. Really miss the place.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks! Your handle reminds of the R & B hit songs Mustang Sally (by Wilson Pickett) and Long Tall Sally (by the Beatles). :cool:

I'll keep that in mind, thanks! Your handle reminds of the R & B hit songs Mustang Sally (by Wilson Pickett) and Long Tall Sally (by the Beatles). :cool:

Mustang Sally has also been sung by blues great Buddy Guy, with Jeff Beck also on guitar. Champion!

I love that version...Nasa Sally tayo, there's also Robert Palmer's "Sneaking Sally thru the Alley."

Shoot! Let us just decide on the place next week. Bods, pareng Mandrake and the rest of the 70s people, please signify if you are free on Friday, March 9 (the ides of March!)

I'm still thousands of miles away from home and due for my sabbatical last week of May.

Might do Baguio by the time I make my landfall. Thanks for the invite. :cool: