Back To The 70's

Please allow me to add my own list of 70's movies:

Am not sure but some of them may have been mid to late 60's but what the heck... I saw them in the 70's. heheh!

1. The Cowboys - John Wayne lead young boys in a cattle run.

2. The Dirty Dozen - Lee Marvin

3. The Magnificent Seven - Yul Brynner, STeve McQueen, James Coburn, Charles Bronson, Robert Vaughn

4. Bullit - Steve McQueen and his Mustang racing across --was that San Francisco?

5. The Fists of Fury - Bruce Lee

6. Enter The Dragon - Bruce Lee

7. The Way of the Drgaon - Bruce Lee

8. Zardoz - Sean Connery

9. FutureWorld-- Yul Brynner as an Android out of control

10. Jesus Christ Superstar - Ted Neely

11. Ben

12. House of Dark Shadows

13. Fantastic Voyage - Raquel Welch

14. Clint Eastwood's Spaghetti Westerns

CHeers! :D

Here are my other memorable movies - yung mga tipong may naaalala ako

First Love with the lovely Susan Dey

The Betsy - Ang ganda rito ni Leslie Ann Down

Ice Castle - Looking through the eyes of love

Live and Let Die - Nabighani ako ni Jane Seymour and in the process nakahanap ako ng kamukha nya kaya lang hindi kami nagtagal

Emmanuelle - ganda ni Sylvia Kristel

Romeo and Juliet - Olivia my love.

Rollerball

Turning Point

The Man Who Would be King - galing ng tandem ni Sean and Mike

Pinakamagandang Hayop sa Balat ng Lupa - wet look

TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN was a runaway favorite movie of mine!  It was hilarious in the way Woody Allen portayed the character of "Virgil". The movie was shot in a pseudo-documentary format where Virgil's friends and family were narrating anecdotes about him. Among the highlights added to what bods1000 described:

1. In a chain gang prison, Woody Allen was subjected to solitary confinement. It was not totally "solo" as part of the torture was that he would spend 3 days in the chamber with a persistent insurance salesman.

2. He tried to run over his cruel lady landlord with a small car inside her house. Yes, inside.

3. I remember the scene descired by jetrink: He tried to escape jail by carving a soapbar into the shape of a revolver and coloring the soap with black shoe wax. Unfotunately, it was raining when he walked out with the guard and the gun soon turned into soapy suds and bubbles.

4. He once joined a Marching Brass Band-- playing a Cello.

5. His parents were interviewed and both wore Groucho Marx glasses and moustaches in order to hide their faces as they were ashamed of their son, Virgil.

Regards!

:)

hehe dami pala tayong fans ng Take the Money and Run - puro kalokohan kasi dito pero done in a real stylish way as only Woody Allen can....

If I may add dun sa Marching band na sinalihan nya playing a cello - he also had a chair with him because you can't play a cello without sitting down - so it was hilarious as he had to lift the chair and carry it now and then because the marching band was moving :lol:

Bro:

Add this line to that Pink Panther movie:

After asking the InnClerk, if he has a ryume, Clouseau asked:

"Des your Dog bite" as he pointed to the mutt sitting on the floor.

"No, he does not"

Clouseau pats the dog then gets bitten on the hand.

"I thought you said yer Dog des not bite"

"Yes, but that is not my dog!"

Hilarious!  :D

nyahahaha!

pards sa mukha pa lang ni Peter Sellers natatawa na 'ko - at least dun sa characterization nya na Closeau...hindi mo malaman kung maaasar ka o maaawa kasi talagang napaka-inept and clumsy to be a detective - he always gets assigned to these hopeless cases by his boss Herbert Lom but somehow he pulls it off...

Please allow me to add my own list of 70's movies:

Am not sure but some of them may have been mid to late 60's but what the heck... I saw them in the 70's. heheh!

1. The Cowboys - John Wayne lead young boys in a cattle run.

2. The Dirty Dozen - Lee Marvin

3. The Magnificent Seven - Yul Brynner, STeve McQueen, James Coburn, Charles Bronson, Robert Vaughn

4. Bullit - Steve McQueen and his Mustang racing across --was that San Francisco?

5. The Fists of Fury - Bruce Lee

6. Enter The Dragon - Bruce Lee

7. The Way of the Drgaon - Bruce Lee

8. Zardoz - Sean Connery

9. FutureWorld-- Yul Brynner as an Android out of control

10. Jesus Christ Superstar - Ted Neely

11. Ben

12. House of Dark Shadows

13. Fantastic Voyage - Raquel Welch

14. Clint Eastwood's Spaghetti Westerns

CHeers! :D

hehehe ayan inumpisahan ni pareng 16track kaya dadagdagan ko din yung listahan ko kasi may mga nakalimutan ako :thumbsupsmiley:

11. THE FRENCH CONNECTION - classic chase movie which became the model for all other chase movies to follow.

12. DOG DAY AFTERNOON - I love this film - great performance by Al Pacino as a hapless bank robber..great great movie...saw this in a moviehouse and several times after on TV...

13. The INDIANA JONES movies - they don't make movies like these anymore...

14. THE DEERHUNTER - super!

pareng 16track, Westworld yung pelikula ni Yul Brynner

My "initial list" of favorites. Since nagdadag kayo, I reserve the right to do so as well in the future. Hehehe

The Godfather 1 & 2

The Omen 1

The Exorcist 1

The Planet of the Apes series (The, Beneath, Escape, Conquest & Battle)

The "Hammer" Dracula films starring Christopher Lee (Dracula has risen from the grave, Dracula 1972 AD, The Satanic Rites of Dracula)

Jesus Christ Superstar (this captured the 70s in music, choreography, wardrobe and hairstyles)

Carrie

Enter the Dragon

Star Wars

Destroy All Monsters (featuring Godzilla, Rodan, King Gidorra, Mothra, the son of Godzilla, and all those great monsters patterned after dinosaurs. That final battle was great!)

Edited by jt2003

nawala ang post ko ah..

oh well, here it goes again....

mi paborito 70s movies: (no particular order)

star wars - sci fi movies

dirty harry - 'bad cop' movie

superman 1, 2 - hinde kita tare

king kong - de laurentiis version - monster movie

jaws - suspense/monster

enter d dragon - martial arts movie

saturday night fever - dance movie

sorry guys, Indie Jones movies are 80s, remeber ET - its 1980+, erferferf

these movies are so successful they 'spawned' a lot of copycats, satires, take-offs, etc.

Good morning from the island of Samui in Thailand! Maiba ako ng konti. Did any of you listen last night to the 10th anniversary of Crossroads on NU 107? What a great playlist they had up to midnight! Even Cousing Hoagy called in. Wally Gonzales was also there. I heard some songs for the first time in years like Santana's When I look into your eyes, and a whole lot of others. Galing, sounded like the old playlist of RJFM. Dami nga lang talkies because there were many dudes in the booth. I even heard someone say a curse word!

sorry bos sally, AM station ang pinakikinggan ko d2 ngayon, erferferf. ang hirap kc sa FM stations, puro wento (na kalimitan wala namang wenta) ang ginagawa ng Dj tapos sabay commercial.

for now I listen to DWWW, thats 774 on the AM band. i tune in mostly 11 AM here (should be 10AM there) every weekday to 4 PM when they finish the 'oldies' time......erferferf. they even have this elvis thing every friday.....happy listening

ihabol nyo na ang james bond movies - spy movie

thunderball, u only live twice....

Pare 60s pa yung mga binaggit mong movies.

Diamonds are Forever ang huling JB movie ni Sean Connery under UA/Broccoli and it was shown in 1971 kung hindi ako nagkakamali. He did a remake of Thunderball entitled Never Say Never Again in the early 80s na yata pero wala dun iyong JB themesong.

Hmmm...

Anybody here the min--series on TV during the 70's? These mini-series were mostly based on best selling novels. Among those I remember and liked were:

1. Rich Man, Poor Man -- Starring Peter Strauss and a young Nick Nolte about two immigrant brothers

growing up in a post war America. There was part two of this series.

2. Roots -- The Alex Haley Novel about the slave, Kunta Kinte.

3. The Betsy -- Was this written by Harold Robbins? Cant remember yet.

4. Wheels -- Was this written by Arthur Haley -- a novel that seemed parallel to "The Betsy"

:D

Nope.  "The Wild Geese" was a movie about mercenaries.  It starred Richard Burton, Roger Moore, and Richard Harris.  Ang ganda nito.

yun nga yata yun, pareng jt...

when WILD GEESE was mentioned I remembered that movie WHERE EAGLES DARE - a huge blockbuster at that time...I believed it also had Richard Burton in it, with Clint Eastwood - a WWII movie..

mahilig din ako sa mga pelikulang gyera nun - lalo na yung may mga German :P

among the films I can remember were TOBRUK, with Rock Hudson (sa African campaign ito), THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE, THE BRIDGE AT REMAGEN, A BRIDGE TOO FAR, and that film about Erwin Rommel's North African campaign too, though I can't recall the title o kung sino yung bida :blush:

Good morning from the island of Samui in Thailand! Maiba ako ng konti. Did any of you listen last night to the 10th anniversary of Crossroads on NU 107? What a great playlist they had up to midnight! Even Cousing Hoagy called in. Wally Gonzales was also there. I heard some songs for the first time in years like Santana's When I look into your eyes, and a whole lot of others. Galing, sounded like the old playlist of RJFM. Dami nga lang talkies because there were many dudes in the booth. I even heard someone say a curse word!

I keep forgetting this Tuesday CROSSROADS - sayang pare ang sarap pa namang i-record sana nito...

pards if you remember Johnny Alegre the guitarist - who with his group Akasha and together with Mother Earth had those memorable RJ parking lot concerts in the 70's - he's finally out with an album - after 20 long years!!! He has a band in this album and the band includes Colby dela Calzada on bass and Tots Tolentino on sax...saw a picture of Johnny Alegre and kalbo na siya - very different from the long-haired fellow I used to see hanging out in the Conservatory of Music in the 70's...