Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Please help me out. my pc is a p-4 1.8 ghz with 256 ddr. I recently changed my os from win me to win xp pro. whenever i play games, it hangs. when use other programs, it takes a long time to open and when it does there is a mesage " the systems just recovered from a serious error" asking me to send to microsoft.

is there anyway to trouble shoot the problem? or do i need to clean install all over again?

thanks!!

Aside from all the comments above....

Try putting another stick of 256mb memory on your machine, right now it's pretty cheap around 1,200 per 256 ddr 400 module could be cheaper for a ddr 333 or 266. Windows XP is a memory hog, requires at least 256 minimum to run smoothly, but minimum does'nt quite cut it. With more memory, programs would definitely load faster and games would run smoother however i am not sure as to why your set-up hangs whenever you play games. This could be caused by a lot of things, if changing the driver doesn't work it could caused by faulty components, could be memory or the videocard itself, could also be your Power Supply Unit. Game crashes is a usual symptom of failing PSU especially if you own a modern vga card which consumes a lot of power. In 2d mode a defective psu might work but once you turn on 3d mode the vga card will thus require more power putting stress on your PSU, if your unit is defective then it might not be able to send enough juice to your power hungry videocard thus crashing whatever game you are playing.

Hope this helps

any tips on how to install a program in win2000 without administrative rights?

Get administrative rights... :P Seriously speaking, if it's an NT based OS like Windows 2000, it's almost impossible to install a program on it. (At least a big and serious type of program that is...) :headsetsmiley:

*Also, I would like to address everyone who is installing OSes on their machines to please DON'T EVER INSTALL WIN ME ON IT!!! You're better off with Windows 98 than on an ME. And if you're upgrading, please NEVER UPGRADE AN ME!!! Perform a clean install to ensure a headache free computing future... :)

Contracts which prohibit an employeee from engaging in business in competion with the employer are not necessarily void for being in restraint of trade. Such a clause is valid and enforceable when reasonable. It has been held that a non-compete clause that is limited as to time and trade is reasonable and therefore valid.

A non-compete clause that is limited in time but not as to trade, however is unreasonable. It must be limited to those trades in competition with the employer's business.

I am not competent to discuss 16600, but the phrase "Except as provided in this chapter.." suggests that there are exceptions to the general rule. A limited non compete clause may be among the exceptions.

But MNC-Philippines may definitely enforce it here in the Philippines without violating any local law.

Hope this helps Tasha8 or Annais :D

hey cdma...i think i vaguely remember the SC striking down a provision in an employment contract prohibiting the employee from seeking subsequent employment in a "competitive" company for like a year. if i remember correctly the court held it unreasonable to prevent the employee from looking for employment with competitive companies. it recognized that it would seriously impair the employee's chances of finding gainful employment if she is barred from applying for a job within the same industry for a significant amount of time. the courts also pointed out that necessarily the employment opportunities that would be immediately available to her would be those related to her previous employment as that would be where she would be most qualified. i think this case was (obviously) decided based on considerations of equity rather than law.

I have a problem with my computer.

yung browser (internet explorer) po keeps on opening! (without me opening it) wlang tigil ang bukas ng internet explorer, napupuno sya ng IE Windows hanggang sa mag hang sya! :thumbsdownsmiley:

spyware ba ito? or virus? i tried the online scan (BitDefender) madami syang spyware na na detect, then ni-delete ko... but after few days, andoon ulit. (same problem)

my OS is Windows 98. Help me please. :(

Thanks! :*

Guest Leviticus

yung browser (internet explorer) po keeps on opening! (without me opening it) wlang tigil ang bukas ng internet explorer, napupuno sya ng IE Windows hanggang sa mag hang sya!  :thumbsdownsmiley:

spyware ba ito? or virus? i tried the online scan (BitDefender) madami syang spyware na na detect, then ni-delete ko... but after few days, andoon ulit. (same problem)

my OS is Windows 98. Help me please.  :(

Thanks!  :*

I find that internet explorer is soooooooo vulnerable to adware and spyware; kahit na everyday ka mag-system scan nandyan pa rin yan.

Id recommend that you use Mozilla FireFox na lang.

Na-inlove ako sa feature sa Firefox ay yung anti-popup and multi-tab browsing.

Just download and install firefox and set it as your default internet browser when prompted (usually after installation).

Guest Leviticus

Don't forget to run another scan pala after installing firefox.

Ako naman ang may question:

What program do I use to make movies for web pages? Or streaming images kahit na yung ala powerpoint...

Im confused kung applicable ang Macromedia Dreamweaver or Macromedia flash.

I find that internet explorer is soooooooo vulnerable to adware and spyware; kahit na everyday ka mag-system scan nandyan pa rin yan.

Id recommend that you use Mozilla FireFox na lang. 

Na-inlove ako sa feature sa Firefox ay yung anti-popup and multi-tab browsing.

Just download and install firefox and set it as your default internet browser when prompted (usually after installation).

thanks Leviticus :cool: I'll download Mozilla Firefox...

follow-up question: in case na-install ko na ang Firefox as my browser, hindi na ba maibabalik yung internet explorer ulit?

hey cdma...

hello ms batibut

i think i vaguely remember the SC striking down a provision in an employment contract prohibiting the employee from seeking subsequent employment in a "competitive" company for like a year.  if i remember correctly the court held it unreasonable to prevent the employee from looking for employment with competitive companies.  it recognized that it would seriously impair the employee's chances of finding gainful employment if she is barred  from applying for a job within the same industry for a significant amount of time.

The test or rather the question is whether, under the particular circumstances of the case and the nature of the particular contract involved in it, the contract is, or is not, UNREASONABLE. There is no inflexible formula for deciding the ubiquitous question of REASONABLENESS.

the courts also pointed out that necessarily the employment opportunities that would be immediately available to her would be those related to her previous employment as that would be where she would be most qualified.  i think this case was (obviously) decided based on considerations of equity rather than law.

Yes, I would say that the case was decided based on equity considerations. A 2 year restriction is generally held reasonable as to duration. And prohibiting an employee from engaging in any business in direct competition with the business of the employer is generally held to be limited as to trade.

yung browser (internet explorer) po keeps on opening! (without me opening it) wlang tigil ang bukas ng internet explorer, napupuno sya ng IE Windows hanggang sa mag hang sya!  :thumbsdownsmiley:

my OS is Windows 98. Help me please.  :(

Thanks!  :*

another option is that, try usring trend micro online antivirus remover, works for me then after scan, try to increase the security level of your computer when connected to the internet.

Internet explorer is still in the system once firefox is installed, they are different browser you can you use them at the same time also.

wow! that was quick reply :cool:

i installed firefox as soon i read this message... i thought my IE browser will be discarded. :D

i am using Mozilla Firefox browser now! i'm still experimenting with the buttons, but i guess it's ok, coz i'm not seeing pop up ads now.

thanks. :thumbsupsmiley:

another option is that, try usring trend micro online antivirus remover, works for me then after scan, try to increase the security level of your computer when connected to the internet.

actually it's still your choice on what to use, IE will be there same as the newly installed firefox.

have fun!

ayoko munang buksan, yung IE browser ko... baka bumalik yung dating problema. :(

thanks po. i'll use the Trend Micro scanner. ;) hope it will work on my pc... tapos tsaka ko na gagamitin ulit ang IE browser ko.

Maraming salamat po sa inyo!!! :* B)

thanks to you, cdma and batibut!

i've got one more question. if there is conflict in the provisions between the civil code and the labor code, which should prevail?

@batibut

if you do remember the SC ruling, i would truly appreciate it if you'd lemme know. thanks!

The Labor Code of the Philippines being a later and specific law should prevail over the provisions of the New Civil Code.

Its repealing clause reads in part: "...All provisions of existing laws, oreders, decrees, and rules and reugations inconsistent herewith are likewise repealed.

thanks to you, cdma and batibut!

i've got one more question. if there is conflict in the provisions between the civil code and the labor code, which should prevail?

@batibut

if you do remember the SC ruling, i would truly appreciate it if you'd lemme know. thanks!

hey annais. will try to find the title of the case. and pm you the citations for your reference. good luck.

hello cdma... :D