• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Hindi po ako ang involved..(thank God for that) :)

and yes they are both Filipino. actually less than three weeks ago lang yung church wedding nila sa Pinas (although kasal na sila sa ibang bansa for 2 years, civil rites). It was the guy who had an affair. Matagal po ba na proseso yun? Kung di po sila magpa annull dyan, may karapatan pa ba ang lalaki sa babae kahit divorced na sila sa ibang bansa?

thank you po sa tulong.

Article 15 of the Civil Code Provides that, Laws relating to Family Rights and Duties, or to the status, condition and legal capacity of persons are binding upon citizens of the Philippines, even through living abroad.

Since both Spouses are Filipino Citizen, Therefore the laws that will apply are the Philippine Laws.

Since under Philippine laws does not recognize Divorce here in the Philippines, any Divorce decree sought from other Country will not have any valid and binding here in the Philippines.

However, every rules there is an exception, such rule will not apply to Filipino married to a Foreigner.

The only remedy for the Filipino couple to remarry again is to secure an annulment.

This is the rules that will apply, BASE ON THE FACTS GIVEN!! Other facts added or omitted may or may not have same result or conclusion.

Annulment case is a long and expensive procedure :) thats a fact!!!

Edited by civilcode
You still demand payment for the said amount, by filling a civil case in court payment of sum of money.

Using the Promissory notes and checks as evidence.

But first demand payment in writing  :D

Thanks for the advice!

Usually how much would I need to spend in going through such a process, in terms of lawyers' fees, court fees, etc.? So that I can decide that despite the costs and effort, it would still be worthwhile to pursue in court the amount I was owed... :unsure:

Article 15 of the Civil Code Provides that, Laws relating to Family Rights and Duties, or to the status, condition and legal capacity of persons are binding upon citizens of the Philippines, even through living abroad.

Since  both Spouses are Filipino Citizen, Therefore the laws that will apply are the Philippine Laws.

Since under Philippine laws does not recognize Divorce here in the Philippines, any Divorce decree sought from other Country will not have any valid and binding here in the Philippines.

However, every rules there is an exception, such rule will not apply to Filipino married to a Foreigner.

The only remedy for the Filipino couple to remarry again is to secure an annulment.       

This is the rules that will apply,  BASE ON THE FACTS GIVEN!! Other facts added or omitted may or may not have same result or conclusion.

Annulment case is a long and expensive procedure :) thats a fact!!!

thank you for the information.

hey guys...i need your help - the battery of my laptop (an acer travelmate 212TX) is already drained out (its still the orginal one). Somebody told me that i could replace the original metal hydride batteries with lithium ion - as in break open the battery pack get the old batteries and replace them with new ones. Can you confirm this?

If this is workable can you suggest a shop which does this?

thanks in advance.

hey fellow legal manyaks...i just won my first case at the supreme court...it really felt great reading the resolution...abangan nyo na lang, 13 october 2004 GR No.164456..i was counsel for the respondent...sarap ng feeling!

hmmm, sikat ka na :) Congrats!!!!

Noon nasa law school pa kami, pag lumitaw na daw yon pangalan mo sa Supreme Court Decision, (SCRA) sikat ka na!!! :)

Sana ako rin :) Congrats!!

Edited by civilcode
hey guys...i need your help - the battery of my laptop (an acer travelmate 212TX) is already drained out (its still the orginal one).  Somebody told me that i could replace the original metal hydride batteries with lithium ion - as in break open the battery pack get the old batteries and replace them with new ones.  Can you confirm this?

If this is workable can you suggest a shop which does this?

thanks in advance.

Wala akong masyadong alam sa laptops pero in my personal opinion I think you are better off buying a new battery pack rather than dismatle the packs themselves. It might prove to be much more reasonable and much more cost effective in buying a new battery pack. But then again, it's just my opinion...

yung pinsan ko may gustong malaman, buti na lang meron thread like this.

kasi she has this boyfriend na married, pero 3 years ng hiwalay sa wife nya.His wife left for US kasama yung 2 daughters nya.Actually 2 times n kasing nadeny yung visa application nung guy kaya ang agreement nila nung wife nya mauuna na yung girl saka kids tapos susunod na lang yung guy. okay naman daw relationship nila kaya first 3 months super call pa ang both parties, alam ang address, fone sa office and sa bahay. pero after 6 months daw nagpalit ng fone sa bahay, walang call sa kanya at lumipat na ng work yung girl.

Ngayon parang ayaw na nung girl na makausap yung husband nya.parang pinagtataguaan n sya. my cousin met this guy and they are inlove with each other. since nasa US na yung wife and ayaw na sa kanya, oaano kaya ang magiging legal process para mapakasalan nya yung cousin ko?

thanks.