Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

On 11/21/2022 at 11:48 PM, bacolodfatso said:

Question for regarding sa Contract 

A company hired us for a project, then after a month paused the project, then after 4 months decided to terminate the contract. They are asking  for the downpayment back. the contract doesn't stipulate on the return of the DP if contract was terminated by the company. Thanks for your reply. 

TERMINATION MUST HAVE VALID REASON AND ACCEPTED BY THE PARTY AGRIEVED ELSE NOT VALID. 

On 12/28/2022 at 4:22 PM, MykG2G said:

1. Can banks seize a mortgaged unit that has no no missed payment, - NO REASON FOR THE BANK TO FORECLOSE ANY PROP IF ACCOUNT / LOAN IS UPDATED. 

2. if the owner has a car loan that has been left unpaid for years coz the car has been stolen and hearing is still in process coz the carnappers were identified naman? - BANK HAS THE REASON TO COLLECT PAYMENT - WHAT YOU CAN DO IS TO CLAIM LOSS VIA THEFT TO YOUR INSURANCE THEN PROCEED OF THE INSURANCE WILL BE PAID TO THE BANK. 

3. Can the morgage unit be assumed ?  - YES BUT ON THE RECORD STILL THE ORIGINAL BORROWER IS LIABLE TO PAY UNLESS LEGAL SUBROGATION TAKES PLACE. 

4. so when the bank decided to file a case against the owner, they can't take away the owner's property.  - NO BASIS

Thank you for clarifying thus. The reason why I asked this is because they say BDO is closing mortgaged units if you have other loans (example: auto loan) which is left unpaid. 

Hello po. 

Active pa po ba ito? Hihingi po sana ako ng legal advise about sa property concern. Bago po kasi namatay yung kapatid ng tatay ng lolo namin na may hawak ng titulo ng lupa, ipinasa na po ito sa ampon niyang apo niya. Ngayon po sila kinakamkam itong lupa na kitatayuan ng mga bahay namin. Lagi po nilang sinasabi na papalayasin nila kami dito pinapakita din po titulo "eto titulo nasa amin lumayas kayo dito". Pero bago po kasi namatay yung matatanda na kapatid ng tatay ni lolo namin sinabi po na sa kanya itong lupa na to ito yung parte niya, kaua nga dito po kami nagsibahay sa onteng portion ng lupa na to. Pero ang titulo po nasa kanila. Maski nga po magputol ng sanga ng halaman nila na lumagpas na sa bakod ayaw nila nagagalit sila may time pa po nagalit sila na nauwi sa pagbabanta sa lolo ko. Kailangan pa daw pong ipaalam sa kanila kung magpuputol ng sanga na nakalagpas na sa bakod nila. 

Ngayon posible po ba na mailipat po yung titulo sa ampon niyang pamangkin niya bago siya namatay? At pag papalayasin po kami dito. Basta basta po ba ang pagpapalayas pano naman po yung mga bahay namin? At may karapatan po ba ang lolo ko kahit di niya hawak ang titulo? more than 50yrs na din po sila lolo/kaming nakatira dito.

Sana po may sumagot ano po pwede namin aksyon. Salamat po

21 hours ago, Tagabaryogirl said:

Hello po. 

Active pa po ba ito? Hihingi po sana ako ng legal advise about sa property concern. Bago po kasi namatay yung kapatid ng tatay ng lolo namin na may hawak ng titulo ng lupa, ipinasa na po ito sa ampon niyang apo niya. Ngayon po sila kinakamkam itong lupa na kitatayuan ng mga bahay namin. Lagi po nilang sinasabi na papalayasin nila kami dito pinapakita din po titulo "eto titulo nasa amin lumayas kayo dito". Pero bago po kasi namatay yung matatanda na kapatid ng tatay ni lolo namin sinabi po na sa kanya itong lupa na to ito yung parte niya, kaua nga dito po kami nagsibahay sa onteng portion ng lupa na to. Pero ang titulo po nasa kanila. Maski nga po magputol ng sanga ng halaman nila na lumagpas na sa bakod ayaw nila nagagalit sila may time pa po nagalit sila na nauwi sa pagbabanta sa lolo ko. Kailangan pa daw pong ipaalam sa kanila kung magpuputol ng sanga na nakalagpas na sa bakod nila. 

Ngayon posible po ba na mailipat po yung titulo sa ampon niyang pamangkin niya bago siya namatay? At pag papalayasin po kami dito. Basta basta po ba ang pagpapalayas pano naman po yung mga bahay namin? At may karapatan po ba ang lolo ko kahit di niya hawak ang titulo? more than 50yrs na din po sila lolo/kaming nakatira dito.

Sana po may sumagot ano po pwede namin aksyon. Salamat po

Few questions first, si ampon ba ay legally adopted or yung inampon lang informally? Second, may kasulatan ba like last will and testament, deed of donation or sale kay ampon? third, na check nyo na ba sa register of deeds kung ano status ng title ng lupa? Fourth, sino nagbabayad ng amilyar (real property tax) sa city hall or munisipyo?

• 3 weeks later...

Kumuha po ko ng unit sa Cambridge Village pasalo. Nabayaran ko na may-ari - nabigyan na ako ng SPA. Hindi pa ako nkpgpatransfer ng title. More than 48 months na ko ngbabayad sa Empire East. Kaso last year bigla naningil si Empire ng penalty of Php 1m for late fees kahit updated yng account. Kung hindi ko itutuloy yng hulog sa Cambridge, me mkkukuha ba ako na 50% ng mga hulog as per Maceda Law?

On 1/27/2023 at 3:30 AM, callcenter said:

Kumuha po ko ng unit sa Cambridge Village pasalo. Nabayaran ko na may-ari - nabigyan na ako ng SPA. Hindi pa ako nkpgpatransfer ng title. More than 48 months na ko ngbabayad sa Empire East. Kaso last year bigla naningil si Empire ng penalty of Php 1m for late fees kahit updated yng account. Kung hindi ko itutuloy yng hulog sa Cambridge, me mkkukuha ba ako na 50% ng mga hulog as per Maceda Law?

Ilang years ka na naghuhulog? May approval ba ng developer yung "pasalo" scheme mo with the original na naghuhulog?

On 1/26/2023 at 11:38 PM, ltojun said:

Can MOAs for work contracts be changed while in the middle of the contract period? I suddenly have other offers.

Is there a provision in the MOA that states that you can renegotiate the terms or terminate it before the period of its effectivity expire? 

• 1 month later...

Need a consult here.  I was scammed and got 450k  from my credit card thru online transactions.  I tried to advise bank to cancel the same day but said the transactions went thru.  My dispute letter was also denied.   I don't intend to pay the scammed transaction since I didn't benefit from it.   But I have an existing installment plan (2 yrs) that I actually purchased about 80k.  Some says don't pay it na because it will still end up you as a delinquent payer  because if fall sa minimum amount due.   

My concern is if its this high of an amount will the bank pursue in court  as a civil case?  

32 minutes ago, Magic Circle said:

Need a consult here.  I was scammed and got 450k  from my credit card thru online transactions.  I tried to advise bank to cancel the same day but said the transactions went thru.  My dispute letter was also denied.   I don't intend to pay the scammed transaction since I didn't benefit from it.   But I have an existing installment plan (2 yrs) that I actually purchased about 80k.  Some says don't pay it na because it will still end up you as a delinquent payer  because if fall sa minimum amount due.   

My concern is if its this high of an amount will the bank pursue in court  as a civil case?  

You might be hounded by a legal collection agency for your entire life.

This happened to my wife in BPI over a transaction of 3k pesos. I told her that I'll just pay for it so the collection agency leaves her alone. She refused, out of principle.

Eventually we had to ask help from my lawyer to write a cease and desist letter. That eventually alleviated the calls.

Better lawyer up as early as now.

1 hour ago, MinsanLang said:

You might be hounded by a legal collection agency for your entire life.

This happened to my wife in BPI over a transaction of 3k pesos. I told her that I'll just pay for it so the collection agency leaves her alone. She refused, out of principle.

Eventually we had to ask help from my lawyer to write a cease and desist letter. That eventually alleviated the calls.

Better lawyer up as early as now.

If its just hounding or threat I can handle it.  Im just concern if the bank will pursue a legal case or will they just claim it from their insurance and transfer it to a 3rd party collection agency.  Too much hassle na if may court hearing.

Another thing about your case. They just  lost a good client for just 3k.  Sometimes their policy is not beneficial for them,

Edited by Magic Circle
On 3/16/2023 at 2:04 PM, Magic Circle said:

Hindi mo ba ma prove na hindi legal mga nangyaring online transactions? I think maraming may gnyan issue. Na hack ung card nila and was used for online transaction. Dapat mabigyan mo sila ng proof that you did not authorized those transactions habang maaga pa. Kaht tawagan mo sila araw araw to plead your case. Mahirap kasi pag tumagal na yan. Ibig sabihin tinanggap mo ung transactions na un. 

May plan ako bumili ng house. May encumbrance sya na nalost title daw so iniisip ko baka ginawang collateral ung bahay. Pero na reissue naman ung title. Kunware binili ko ung house then bigla may lumitaw na debtor na collateral daw ung house ng seller what will happen? Macancel ba ung purchase ko and may habol pa ba sakin ung debtor or wala na at hahabulin nalang nya ung seller? D naman daw collateral at nawala lang daw pero gusto ko lang makasigurado dahil d naman namin kamaganak seller

On 3/24/2023 at 7:01 PM, Shinju said:

Totoo po ba na if you are involved in something illegal, you earn money illegaly, once mahuli ka kukunin ng authorities lahat ng properties na nakapangalan sayo and yung laman ng mga bank accounts mo?

This is not automatic. The authorities still need to prove that the money in your bank account were actually part of the income derived from illegal sources or that the property under your name was actually bought using money derived from illegal means.

In other words, if you are able to prove that the cash and properties in your bank account or under your name were acquired through legal means, meaning these are not fruits of the poisonous tree, then the government may not take these away from you.

On 3/23/2023 at 4:39 AM, azazel_six said:

my wife recently passed and left with 3 kids. 2 are ours and 1 from a previous relationship. my stepdaughter's father is also deceased. what i would like to do is to legally adopt my stepdaughter. how would i go about doing this?

You need to contact the DSWD. Better if you will also talk to the family of your wife and the family of your stepchild's father.

Then you will have to file a Petition for Adoption in court. The DSWD will actually assist you on this as their approval is vital for you to be able to adopt your stepchild.

On 3/31/2023 at 10:01 AM, Mar16 said:

You need to contact the DSWD. Better if you will also talk to the family of your wife and the family of your stepchild's father.

Then you will have to file a Petition for Adoption in court. The DSWD will actually assist you on this as their approval is vital for you to be able to adopt your stepchild.

It seems possible na ang administrative adoption. So hindi ka na dadaan sa korte. Check mo yung sa ncca.gov.ph

On 3/24/2023 at 7:01 PM, Shinju said:

Totoo po ba na if you are involved in something illegal, you earn money illegaly, once mahuli ka kukunin ng authorities lahat ng properties na nakapangalan sayo and yung laman ng mga bank accounts mo?

Depende sa kaso. If its like money laundering, or kinidnap etc, then yes may chance na ifreeze nila assets mo. And they need to prove it in court pa. 

Just wanting to ask for advise, my ex gf resigned from her company a few months back and she keeps following up her backpay and 13th month bonus pero di siya pinapansin ng HR and for audit na daw but she keeps getting runaround pag follow up...I asked her to go to NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS COMMITTEE or COMMISSION (NLRC)

my question is, will they expedite her back pay and 13th month pay? do we have to pay certain fees? and will there be a trial / hearing or negotiations na lang?

thank u sa sasagot!

On 4/13/2023 at 11:04 PM, handsomebob said:

Just wanting to ask for advise, my ex gf resigned from her company a few months back and she keeps following up her backpay and 13th month bonus pero di siya pinapansin ng HR and for audit na daw but she keeps getting runaround pag follow up...I asked her to go to NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS COMMITTEE or COMMISSION (NLRC)

my question is, will they expedite her back pay and 13th month pay? do we have to pay certain fees? and will there be a trial / hearing or negotiations na lang?

thank u sa sasagot!

What I know is NLRC allows 2-3 months for the company to give the employee their backpay.  Usually negotiations lang sa NLRC na sasabihan yung employer unless na matigas talaga si emploer.

1 hour ago, haroots2 said:

What I know is NLRC allows 2-3 months for the company to give the employee their backpay.  Usually negotiations lang sa NLRC na sasabihan yung employer unless na matigas talaga si emploer.

thank you so much sir, some questions..

1. do we have to pay a fee for the process?? if so, mga how much?

2. mga ilang months na din sir siya di nababayaran, I think mga december 2022 pa lang resigned na siya eh, pati 13th month pay niya ayaw ibigay sa kanya, I am sure that is covered as well di ba?

3. medyo kuripot talaga yung company sir kaya siya nag resign, pinapa multi task siya and lahat lahat pinapagawa pero wala naman addiitonal compensation plus she gets assigned to different branches (skin clinic kasi siya sir) so talo siya sa commute!

9 hours ago, handsomebob said:

thank you so much sir, some questions..

1. do we have to pay a fee for the process?? if so, mga how much?

2. mga ilang months na din sir siya di nababayaran, I think mga december 2022 pa lang resigned na siya eh, pati 13th month pay niya ayaw ibigay sa kanya, I am sure that is covered as well di ba?

3. medyo kuripot talaga yung company sir kaya siya nag resign, pinapa multi task siya and lahat lahat pinapagawa pero wala naman addiitonal compensation plus she gets assigned to different branches (skin clinic kasi siya sir) so talo siya sa commute!

Ang tanong, may clearance na po ba sya sa Company nya? Baka naman po kasi kaya hold nila yung last pay nya eh may mga obligations pa sya na dapat nya ibalik o gawin (ex. laptop, cash reimbursement, etc.).

Although may directive ang DOLE na dapat ibigay agad ang last pay. Pero syempre management prerogative din yan lalo na kung pinapangalagaan din lang nila interest nila.

Wala ho bayad sa NLRC. No need really for a lawyer lalo na sa umpisa at puro mediation and meetings muna yan. But isusugal mo ba yung kaso mo eventually dahil kailangan mo din gumawa ng position paper na may legal at factual basis kung sakaling di nakipag ayos yung employer? Pwede ka naman pagawa, pero baka dun lang mapunta yung habol nyang last pay. Marami umaaligid na abogado o legal consultant sa NLRC. Yung iba baka pumayag sa contingent basis ang fee like hati kayo sa makukuha nyo if nanalo kayo.

• Winner! (+1) 1