Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

hi...hope you can help.I am currently working in this company for about 5 mos now ...I'm just worried of what might happen.

What was stipulated in our contract is not given to us like HMO coverage, cell phone? clothing etc... and also contibution for sss is delay( 5 mos).

Is this a punishable offence or can i bring this to court? I really dont know..... thanks.. seeking advise.

Check if there is a grievance procedure in your company so that you may discuss this with management. If there is, you have to course your complaint through this, otherwise, if you file a complaint directly with the NLRC, it may be dismissed for failure to resort to the grievance procedure.

what if the sheriff is using the sheriffed vehicle for personal/official use.. can we make a complaint? san office dapat i complain

A property taken by the sheriff as a consequence of a writ of execution is considered in "custodia legis", meaning, under the custody of the law. If the sheriff used it for his personal gain, that is a violation of his duties and responsibilities in which case, the property owner can complain with the Office of the Court Administrator at the Supreme Court. I would recommend, however, that you first file a complaint with the Court itself inasmuch as it is the trial court which issued the order (writ) directing the sheriff to take the property and put it under the custody of the Court. Otherwise saying, the sheriff is violating the lawful order of the Court itself.

kinakasuhan ako nang nakasuntukan ko na kapitbahay dahil sa parking,,mminura ko daw sya eh,,ganito kasi yun,ung bahay nya eh nasa may kanto tapat ng kalye ung kalye ng subdivision ay pinaparadahan ng lahat ng may sasakyan,,kiniclaim nila na sila daw ang may karapatan na pumarada dun dahil kanila daw un,,nilagyan ka nila ng metal post na nakabolt sa kalsada,,eh minsan umalis,kasi linggo,usually,nagtatagal sila bago bumalik,,eh madumi ung car,inisip ko linisin,,kaso malyo at di abot ung hose ko,,so inilipat ko,,eh dumating bigla,,binusinahan ako,,di minadali ko na na paglilinis,,binababa ako sabi sa akin,,"alisin mo sasakyan mo,paparada ako,"eh may sabon pa windshield ko,,sabi ko'sandali lang banlawan ko",,ang sabi sa akin,hindi alisin mo na paparada ako",, bakit daw dun ako nghuhugas sa parking area nya,,sabi ko di lang abot ung hose ko.."wala akong pakialam kung di abot,,alisin sasakyan mo mo"tapos tinanong ako na ano daw ba gusto kong mangyari..hindi na ako kumibo nun,,binanlawan ko na lang ung ssasakyan,,ang ginawa ba naman,pinuntahan ung mother ko,at sinabihan na paalisin dawako,,66 year old ung mother ko,,dinadamay nya,,pumunta mothe ko,,sabi sa akin lumipat na nga lang daw ako,,sabi ko sa mother ko sandali lang,,humungi ng pasencya ung mother ko sa kanila,,naawa naman ako,dahil bakit kami hihingi ng pasensya,di nman kanila ung kalye,kahit ba dun sila pumaparada before pa,,di ko naman inaagaw ung kanila daw parking,,dun s apoint na un,,nagalit ako,sabi ko sa mother ko,dahil kami naman ng mothr ko nag uusap,,wag kayo humingi ng pasensya sa "putang inang yan" ..yan ang kwento,,my karugtong pa,pero ung slander case dyan nila binabase advice namanpo,need ko talaga

kinakasuhan ako nang nakasuntukan ko na kapitbahay dahil sa parking,,mminura ko daw sya eh,,ganito kasi yun,ung bahay nya eh nasa may kanto tapat ng kalye ung kalye ng subdivision ay pinaparadahan ng lahat ng may sasakyan,,kiniclaim nila na sila daw ang may karapatan na pumarada dun dahil kanila daw un,,nilagyan ka nila ng metal post na nakabolt sa kalsada,,eh minsan umalis,kasi linggo,usually,nagtatagal sila bago bumalik,,eh madumi ung car,inisip ko linisin,,kaso malyo at di abot ung hose ko,,so inilipat ko,,eh dumating bigla,,binusinahan ako,,di minadali ko na na paglilinis,,binababa ako sabi sa akin,,"alisin mo sasakyan mo,paparada ako,"eh may sabon pa windshield ko,,sabi ko'sandali lang banlawan ko",,ang sabi sa akin,hindi alisin mo na paparada ako",, bakit daw dun ako nghuhugas sa parking area nya,,sabi ko di lang abot ung hose ko.."wala akong pakialam kung di abot,,alisin sasakyan mo mo"tapos tinanong ako na ano daw ba gusto kong mangyari..hindi na ako kumibo nun,,binanlawan ko na lang ung ssasakyan,,ang ginawa ba naman,pinuntahan ung mother ko,at sinabihan na paalisin dawako,,66 year old ung mother ko,,dinadamay nya,,pumunta mothe ko,,sabi sa akin lumipat na nga lang daw ako,,sabi ko sa mother ko sandali lang,,humungi ng pasencya ung mother ko sa kanila,,naawa naman ako,dahil bakit kami hihingi ng pasensya,di nman kanila ung kalye,kahit ba dun sila pumaparada before pa,,di ko naman inaagaw ung kanila daw parking,,dun s apoint na un,,nagalit ako,sabi ko sa mother ko,dahil kami naman ng mothr ko nag uusap,,wag kayo humingi ng pasensya sa "putang inang yan" ..yan ang kwento,,my karugtong pa,pero ung slander case dyan nila binabase advice namanpo,need ko talaga

imho bro... mukhang may kasalanan ka ata talaga. since you know he parks there, its a matter of courtesy na dapat iniwasan mo na lang maghugas ng oto dun.

but of course, kung property nya yung nilagyan nya ng metal post, he has the right to do so because it is his property. pero kung hindi nya property yun, kasuhan mo din ng obstruction...

good day!

Ask ko lng. ANo po ba yung concept of TRUST na nakalagay sa civil code? naguguluhn ako dun. What's TRUST all about??

and tanong ko na rin yung concept ng ESTOPPEL and kung saan magagamit yun. much better kung may example para makuha agad. lapit na exam eh. hehe.. alam ko di legal advice to pero wla na ako resources eh. sarado na library ngaun, thank you so much sa mga mkakatulong..,

Thanks!!!

good day!

Ask ko lng. ANo po ba yung concept of TRUST na nakalagay sa civil code? naguguluhn ako dun. What's TRUST all about??

and tanong ko na rin yung concept ng ESTOPPEL and kung saan magagamit yun. much better kung may example para makuha agad. lapit na exam eh. hehe.. alam ko di legal advice to pero wla na ako resources eh. sarado na library ngaun, thank you so much sa mga mkakatulong..,

Thanks!!!

Trust is a fiduciary relationship whereby legal title to property is conveyed to a person who has equitable obligations to possess and to use the same for the benefit of another. It differs from an ordinary contract in that it has a TRUSTEE, a TRUSTOR and a BENEFICIARY. The TRUSTEE is given authority by the TRUSTOR to use the property under the TRUSTOR's own name (legal title). In the Civil Code of the Philippines, I believe the only reference to trust is in the section on Implied Trusts, where the possessor of property is deemed by law to be a Trustee with respect to the property so that he cannot claim ownership over it.

slander ba kinaso sayo? anung klaseng slander? slander by deed ba or slander per se? kung slander on the basis na nagmura ka lang, eto ang aking piece of legal opinion. Unang una, me kaso na naifile ayon sa kwento mo. Di mo lang nasabi kung anung stage na, either nasa preliminary investigation stage or nasa court na. either case, ang pagmumura o pagsasabi ng "p#tang %na" ay hindi libelous. sabi ng ating korte suprema, ang pagmumura ay isa lamang "mere expression of disgust" at hindi absolutong "libelous". pangalawa, sa mga kasong ganyan, kelangan ng element ng "malice", ngunit sa kwento mo ala akong nakitang malice as an element of slander (libel). nga lang, it is a metter of defense on your part na lang, kung nasa preliminary investigation, ipakita mo ito sa iyong counter affidavit. kung nasa court na, intayin mo na lang ang turn mo to present your evidence para marinig ang side ng story mo, but of course, your defense counsel should cross examine the complainant on his side of story, to test its veracity.

good day!

Thanks!!!

tama yung sinabi ni dr. pepper

additional lang.

there are two kinds of trust: express trust at implied trust

there are two types of implied trust: resulting trust and constructive trust

In express trust, it can be created by agreement between the parties, either in writing or verbally.

In implied trust, there are no agreements, the law considers them as trust relationship (by operation of law)

Implied resulting trust: there is an intention to create a trust relationship but short of putting the same into an express agreement of trust relationship.

example:

A bought a real estate property but have the same registered in the name of B, a friend. They failed to agree that the property will be under an express trust relationship. the money used to buy the aforesaid real property came solely from A, but was registered in the name of B. Here, the trustor is B and the trustee is A. B is the legal owner; A is the beneficial owner.

Implied constructive trust: there is no intention to create a trust relationship but the law equitably considers the situation as one implied constructive trust.

Article 1456 of the civil code is the best example of implied constructive trust.

slander ba kinaso sayo? anung klaseng slander? slander by deed ba or slander per se? kung slander on the basis na nagmura ka lang, eto ang aking piece of legal opinion. Unang una, me kaso na naifile ayon sa kwento mo. Di mo lang nasabi kung anung stage na, either nasa preliminary investigation stage or nasa court na. either case, ang pagmumura o pagsasabi ng "p#tang %na" ay hindi libelous. sabi ng ating korte suprema, ang pagmumura ay isa lamang "mere expression of disgust" at hindi absolutong "libelous". pangalawa, sa mga kasong ganyan, kelangan ng element ng "malice", ngunit sa kwento mo ala akong nakitang malice as an element of slander (libel). nga lang, it is a metter of defense on your part na lang, kung nasa preliminary investigation, ipakita mo ito sa iyong counter affidavit. kung nasa court na, intayin mo na lang ang turn mo to present your evidence para marinig ang side ng story mo, but of course, your defense counsel should cross examine the complainant on his side of story, to test its veracity.

actualy,slander per se,,nassa preliminary pa lang,,nag counter na ako,it was drafted or edited by a PAO lawyer,,i have also ask at least 2 more lawyer and they say that it has no merit,,i have do not have a lawyer as of now..what and where yung desicion ng supreme court about it?where can i get a copy?

Edited by jopok

Hi

the other night nabagsakan ng bote ung paa ng kuya mejo malaki an sugat so kailangan tahiin so dinala namin sya sa malapit na hospital dito sa may amin... ginamot sya ng doctor tinahi ung sugat, nilagay sya ng anti-tetanus at skin test... so ok na.. mejo malaki ung bill 1845 sa liit ng tahi... tpos nanghingi ng medical certificate ung kuya ko para sa reimbursement ng expenses nya kasi di accredited ung medical card nya... sabi ng doctor bumalik ng lng kinabukasan ng 8 am, so bumalik ung wifey ng kuya ko... pumunta sya sa emergency room kung saan gnamot ung kuya ko OPD dw.. tinuro sya ng nurse sa cashier para dun daw mnghingi ng certificate... aba ang sabi sa wifey ng kuya ko... may bayad daw ung medical cert. syempre nagtaka ung wifey ng kuya ko.. at nagtanong bakit magkakabayad eh dun naman gnamot ung kuya ko ska sabi ng doctor naman na yun... ang sagot pa naman eh "tinahi lng naman kc at nilinis ung sugat ng asawa mo eh"... ska policy daw ng hospital un... nakakagigil d b... at isa pa... walang official receipt ung hospital..

d ba wala namn bayad un medical certificate? ska may alam po ba kau na law about sa issuance ng medical certificate? para magpprint ako at isusupalpal ko lang sa face nung staff ng hospital na nagsabi nun... please help po...

paki PM na lng sa kin ung sagot po... tnx

Edited by sweetmind14
actualy,slander per se,,nassa preliminary pa lang,,nag counter na ako,it was drafted or edited by a PAO lawyer,,i have also ask at least 2 more lawyer and they say that it has no merit,,i have do not have a lawyer as of now..what and where yung desicion ng supreme court about it?where can i get a copy?

Singit lng po. :) You can go to chanrobles.com or supremecourt.gov.ph and do a keyword search. It'll give you a list of cases related to slander.

what if the sheriff is using the sheriffed vehicle for personal/official use.. can we make a complaint? san office dapat i complain

Sheriffs are not allowed to use properties which are under legal custody, especially for personal use. There are a number of cases where sheriffs have been suspended or even dismissed from service for this precise reason.

me bayad yan, to cover admin cost. Yung qwalang OR, yun ang bawal, pwede mo ireklamo sa BIR, pero yung humihingi ng bayad para sa medical certificate, pwede yun

Hi

the other night nabagsakan ng bote ung paa ng kuya mejo malaki an sugat so kailangan tahiin so dinala namin sya sa malapit na hospital dito sa may amin... ginamot sya ng doctor tinahi ung sugat, nilagay sya ng anti-tetanus at skin test... so ok na.. mejo malaki ung bill 1845 sa liit ng tahi... tpos nanghingi ng medical certificate ung kuya ko para sa reimbursement ng expenses nya kasi di accredited ung medical card nya... sabi ng doctor bumalik ng lng kinabukasan ng 8 am, so bumalik ung wifey ng kuya ko... pumunta sya sa emergency room kung saan gnamot ung kuya ko OPD dw.. tinuro sya ng nurse sa cashier para dun daw mnghingi ng certificate... aba ang sabi sa wifey ng kuya ko... may bayad daw ung medical cert. syempre nagtaka ung wifey ng kuya ko.. at nagtanong bakit magkakabayad eh dun naman gnamot ung kuya ko ska sabi ng doctor naman na yun... ang sagot pa naman eh "tinahi lng naman kc at nilinis ung sugat ng asawa mo eh"... ska policy daw ng hospital un... nakakagigil d b... at isa pa... walang official receipt ung hospital..

d ba wala namn bayad un medical certificate? ska may alam po ba kau na law about sa issuance ng medical certificate? para magpprint ako at isusupalpal ko lang sa face nung staff ng hospital na nagsabi nun... please help po...

paki PM na lng sa kin ung sagot po... tnx

Sheriffs are not allowed to use properties which are under legal custody, especially for personal use. There are a number of cases where sheriffs have been suspended or even dismissed from service for this precise reason.

another follow up

are sheriffs authorized to take the vehicle's registration papers, even if they already have the vehicle in custody...

i'am just wondering why would the sheriff ask me to meet up with him outside of court to ask for the vehicle's registration that they already have in custody... he was asking for the original registration but i only gave him a copy of it..

Guest djunya2006

Hello, I would just like to pose a questions with any of you legal eagles' here. I was paid with a check, but the person who paid it knowingly stopped payment without givin me a reason. Is there anything legat that I can do? Is there a legal term to what this person did?

Hello, I would just like to pose a questions with any of you legal eagles' here. I was paid with a check, but the person who paid it knowingly stopped payment without giving me a reason. Is there anything legal that I can do? Is there a legal term to what this person did?

First, check the notation of the bank officer at the back or the bank advisory. The bank officer will indicate if the check was funded or not when the SPO was issued. If it contained insufficient funds, you can file a case against the person for violating the bouncing checks law (Batas Pambansa Blg. 22).

You can also file a case for Estafa (swindling) against the person for issuing the SPO without any justifiable reason.

Please get a lawyer to help you draft a demand letter to the person who issued the check. IF the person ignores your letter, go ahead and file a case before the Prosecutors' Office.

i dont know if this should be here. but im tryin to get suggestions on what should i do.

me and my friends have been pestered by a certain person that we dont know thru txt messaging.

at first, we didnt pay attention to it, we kinda just laughed about it. we even agreed not to text

the number coz theres really no sense replyin to a lunatic. but as days go by, we recieve quite

threatening messages like "ingatan ang kids and family", of course it would really bother us...

this person seem to know what hes talkin about. the person even knew the name of some of

our family members. i know we can just call NTC to complain about the number so they can block

it. but we really wanna know whos behind all of this and how is this person gettin info about us.

we were plannin to go to the authorities, local police or NBI, but we are afraid that there would be

no immediate action if ever they are really gonna do something about it. i just want help from you

guys. thanks in advance.

i dont know if this should be here. but im tryin to get suggestions on what should i do.

me and my friends have been pestered by a certain person that we dont know thru txt messaging.

at first, we didnt pay attention to it, we kinda just laughed about it. we even agreed not to text

the number coz theres really no sense replyin to a lunatic. but as days go by, we recieve quite

threatening messages like "ingatan ang kids and family", of course it would really bother us...

this person seem to know what hes talkin about. the person even knew the name of some of

our family members. i know we can just call NTC to complain about the number so they can block

it. but we really wanna know whos behind all of this and how is this person gettin info about us.

we were plannin to go to the authorities, local police or NBI, but we are afraid that there would be

no immediate action if ever they are really gonna do something about it. i just want help from you

guys. thanks in advance.

You need to go to the police or the NBI (preferably the latter). The problem is that pre-paid SIM cards can be purchased here anonymously. Hence, it is very difficult to know who is sending out the threatening text messages. Anyway, preserve your texts and if possible, back them up in your PC. Hopefully, the authorities here have devices which can track cell phone signals.

You need to go to the police or the NBI (preferably the latter). The problem is that pre-paid SIM cards can be purchased here anonymously. Hence, it is very difficult to know who is sending out the threatening text messages. Anyway, preserve your texts and if possible, back them up in your PC. Hopefully, the authorities here have devices which can track cell phone signals.

Why don't u just change ur SIM? If the text messages kept coming after u changed ur number, that means the sender is one who is just near u (Kaya nga nalaman niya agad ang abo mong number eh.) At least the number of ur possible suspects will be trimmed and at the same time, hindi ka niya mabu-buwisit in the meantime.

i thought about going to the NBI.. but i am not so confident that they can do something about it ASAP, with more important things to investigate about, threathening text messages would be secondary for them i think. does anyone know anyone from the NBI? just so i can talk to that person personally and maybe i can ask for suggestions.. thanks.

Why don't u just change ur SIM? If the text messages kept coming after u changed ur number, that means the sender is one who is just near u (Kaya nga nalaman niya agad ang abo mong number eh.) At least the number of ur possible suspects will be trimmed and at the same time, hindi ka niya mabu-buwisit in the meantime.

i am using this number for a good 8 years now, i just dont wanna change numbers just coz of a lunatic texter. and some of us thats gettin messages have postpaid plans so thats really not an option. but thanks for the suggestion, man. i really appreciate it.

hi! i need a little bit more information about employers forcing their employess to resign, separation pays and all that sort from you guys.

here's the scenario....i'm currently working in an american company (e-commerce company) located somwhere here in ortigas. during the beginning of this year, we had a meeting with our CEO about the comapny, not letting go of any emplyoees this year. this comapny actually has a very good reputation of terminating employees without any due process and all that.

ok, the real story begins here:

after the big meeting, in a couple of days, the management decided to let go 20% of our support team. and i believe it is because we are very much affected by the US recession. those who were terminated were asked to leave and settle all the paperworks within the day. the next day after this, we (sales dept) had another meeting with our CEO to clarify all the issues. looking at the brighter side of this big turn of events, our CEO said that the sales dept will be safe from retrenchment since we are the bread and butter of the company.

during the past few weeks, another big turn has happend. quite a good number of sales people were forced to resign and as per the management, these are the ones with the poorest performance. one thing that concerns me is that, as per all these who got relieved, they won't receive any backpay...i mean, they will still receive a small amount but what is actually due for them won't be given.

sorry for all the lack of info coz im not really good in writing, specially for the ones as long as this.

so...my question would be:

1) is there any law about due processes for termination and separation pays??

so...my question would be:

1) is there any law about due processes for termination and separation pays??

The law gives an employer the right to terminate the services of its employees to obviate or to minimize business losses. This right, however, may not be exercised arbitrarily or whimsically. Article 283 of the Labor Code lays down the conditions for the exercise of right, thus:

"Art. 283. Closure of establishment and reduction of personnel. � The employer may also terminate the employment of any employee due to the installation of labor saving devices, redundancy, retrenchment to prevent losses or the closing or cessation of operation of the establishment or undertaking unless the closing is for the purpose of circumventing the provisions of this Title by serving a written notice on the workers and the Ministry of Labor and Employment at least one (1) month before the intended date thereof. In case of termination due to the installation of labor saving devices or redundancy, the worker affected thereby shall be entitled to separation pay equivalent to at least his one (1) month pay for every year of service, whichever is higher. In case of retrenchment to prevent losses and in cases of closures or cessation of operations of establishment or undertaking not due to serious business losses or financial reverses, the separation pay shall be equivalent to one (1) month pay or at least one-half (1/2) month pay for every year of service, whichever is higher. A fraction of at least six (6) months shall be considered one (1) whole year."

The requisites for valid retrenchment under the foregoing provision are:

(1) necessity of the retrenchment to prevent losses and proof of such losses;

(2) written notice to the employees and to the Department of Labor and Employment at least one month prior to the intended date of retrenchment; and

(3) payment of separation pay equivalent to one month pay or at least 1/2 month pay for every year of service, whichever is higher.

Hence, written notice to the affected employee as well as separation pay are a must. If your company does not follow the above requirements, the affected employee can file a case for Illegal Dismissal with the National Labor Relations Commission. One more thing, forcing an employee to resign is a way to circumvent the requirements of retrenchment. Resignation is not advisable for you will be deemed to have waived your separation pay.

Edited by mlpf