Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

good day techies.. got a question:

my friend has a PC w/ Win XP Pro system installed on a master HD while his datafiles (My Docs) were on an another drive. He used to encrypt his personal folder with XP's built-in NTFS encryption.. Unfortunately his PC broke down and the only solution is to reformat/reinstall XP. After reinstalling he cannot access his folder anymoe... Is there a way to recover his encrypted datafiles??

I dunno kung naitanong na ito kasi nde pa ako nagbabackread.. if anyone already posted the tip/solution to this problem paki post na lang yung link.. big thanks..B)

If he used the NTFS encryption, I don't think you can recover that besides from having it services at some data recovery center. I actually lost a lot of data when I first tried this feature a few years back. After that, I researched on how the encryption process actually works and from what I've read, it's extremely difficult since it's encrypted by a key that is stored in your account. Once you reformat the PC, it's next to impossible to divine that key thereby making it next to impossible to decrypt your files. Next time, I'd recommend that you just adjust the permissions on your data if you wish to keep other users from tampering with it. Or use a third party program and make sure you back-up your key. :headsetsmiley:

P.S. I've read from a previous post that converting your partition to FAT32 would bring data back...I'm extremely dubious it would work with encrypted files but try it anyway...you have nothing to lose already since from my point of view, it's already been lost. :(

guys i need help in reformating my Hard Drive (20gig no partition)

My current O.S. --> Windows XP

Heres the situation;

I have Windows98 installer and a WindowsXP Upgrade CD (you have to install win98 1st tapos saka mo install yong XP).  The problem is hndi bootable yong WinXP CD ko pang upgrade lang talaga sya ng older windows version to XP. Ngayon hindi ko alam kung pano i re-format ang HD ko btw i have a 20gig HD and no partition, ano ano ba options ko para ma reformat ang HD ko?

I also have a few question with regards to antivirus,

1. Whats the best AntiVirus for a DIAL-UP user like me :(

2. Is there a Antivirus that lets me update manually yong virus pattern file

3. I want a antivirus na hndi masyado hitech :D i mean yong madali lang maintindihan, i maintain and i set up..

4. Home PC lang naman for Gaming, MS Office, and Internet lang naman sya, no Top Secret Data to protect so hndi kelangan ng Ultra Super Mega Protection "6 inches concrete reinforced with 3inches steel" FireWall.

.........tnx

Is the 98's installer bootable? (haven't really tried to boot mine so please forgive me if there is no such thing as a bootable 98 installer...) If it isn't, you'll have to create a bootable diskette first with the CD-ROM drivers on it. Next you boot using that, format your drive, pop in the 98 CD, run setup.exe, follow instructions, reboot a little, pop in your XP and upgrade it. If you want detailed instructions, just Google around and you may find the problem somewhere.

1.) I personally would recommend NOD32. After the initial 3 MB update, it'll just download incremental 100KB updates every two days.

2.) NOD32 let's you turn off auto update.

3.) I *think* it's easy to maintain...once you rid yourself of Nortonish ways of doing things... :hypocritesmiley:

4.) NOD32 is perfect for gaming since it has low resource consumption (unlike the Norton bloatware...), extremely fast at scanning (unlike the Norton BLOATWARE...) and extreme heuristics detection which can find new viruses without the need for virus updates (unlike *need I say it* THE NORTON BLOATWARE...)... :headsetsmiley:

good day techies.. got a question:

my friend has a PC w/ Win XP Pro system installed on a master HD while his datafiles (My Docs) were on an another drive. He used to encrypt his personal folder with XP's built-in NTFS encryption.. Unfortunately his PC broke down and the only solution is to reformat/reinstall XP. After reinstalling he cannot access his folder anymoe... Is there a way to recover his encrypted datafiles??

I dunno kung naitanong na ito kasi nde pa ako nagbabackread.. if anyone already posted the tip/solution to this problem paki post na lang yung link.. big thanks..B)

pwede pa po ma recover using Cipher.exe eto po instructions EFS Data Recovery medyo madugo nga lang ang proseso pero kung gusto nyo mapabilis yung Advance EFS data recovery nang elcomsoft ang gamitin download na lang sa warez sites or download nyo sa tucows.com then hanapan nang pang crack or serial.

pwede pa po ma recover using Cipher.exe eto po instructions EFS Data Recovery medyo madugo nga lang ang proseso pero kung gusto nyo mapabilis yung Advance EFS data recovery nang elcomsoft ang gamitin download na lang sa warez sites or download nyo sa tucows.com then hanapan nang pang crack or serial.

From what I've read, this only deals with data recovery IF you HAVE either a back-up of the user's private key, or the data recovery agent's (DRA) key. Cipher.exe is used to generate the key for the DRA in order to use it to encrypt a file or groups of files. If you didn't do this, then cipher.exe can't help you. As for the product from elcomsoft, it's a decrypter for EFS so this may work. (I use the word "may" since it may take a long time and yu might get bored and cancel the decyption altogether... :hypocritesmiley: ) You may have to wait since it is a decryption algorithm so it requires much CPU resource. Haven't tried it though since XP was new when I lost my data and so this product wasn't available yet. (*sniff*) Anyways, good luck on trying to salvage your data! :headsetsmiley:

I beg to disagree. The way I read it, I find nothing in the law that says the mixed marriage must be present at the time of the valid marriage.

Art. 26. All marriages solemnized outside the Philippines, in accordance with the laws in force in the country where they were solemnized, and valid there as such, shall also be valid in this country, except those prohibited under Articles 35 (1), (4), (5) and (6), 3637 and 38. (17a)

Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law. (As amended by Executive Order 227)

The use of the word "Where" does not denote time, but a condition. I would have agreed with you if the authors of the Family Code used the word "when" because if they did, it would have clearly denoted what you were saying.

Stated otherwise: If there is a valid marriage between a Filipino and a foreigner and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law.

Further, the decison being grounded on reality, resounds with what Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. said, "The life of the law has not been logic; it has been experience."

The thing is, rich people will always have it better than most of us. Imagine the Congress, imbued with the spirit of equality and justice, amends the constitution and enacts a law where all people charged with a crime - regardless of economic class - can only be defended by lawyers from the Public Attorney's Office (no disrespect intended to the hardworking lawyers of PAO). Where would all that lead us?

The law is not synomymous to justice, it can only go so far.

Thanks, guys, for your comments. :thumbsupsmiley:

My problem, actually, with the decision is that it disregarded the letter and spirit of the second paragraph of Article 26, Family Code which clearly states that the mixed marriage must be present at the time of the valid marriage.

The decision obviously tried very hard to find a justification for the deviation from this settled rule because it does not have any. It even cited the requisites for the application of the second paragraph but was clearly wrong on the point of citizenship of the spouses at the time of marriage.

The clear effect of this decision is that we now have a divorce law for rich people who can afford to go to a foreign country where a divorce law exists, get naturalized there, then obtain a divorce decree.

And this is NOT what Article 26 says. This provision says a Filipino spouse who marries a foreigner can also re-marry in the event that the foreigner spouse divorces him/her. This is to provide equal opportunity to re-marry for the Filipino spouse because while the foreigner after the divorce can now re-marry, the Filipino spouse cannot.

di ko maintindihan ang inglesan ah, paki translate naman,heheh

tanong lang mga respetadong abogado..

pano kung ang babae nagpakasal sa isang foreigner dahil lang tinupad nito ang naging kasunduan(verbal) na kapag tutulungan(financial) sya ng foreigner eh ma aangkin na nya yong babae so natulungan naman at ayon tinupad ng babae ang kasunduan, pinakasalan nya yong foreigner

pero ang problema, ayaw na nya sa asawa nya, pwede ba nyang i pa annul yong kasal? or is the marriage valid in the first place? ayaw kac syang pakawalan ng asawa dhil nga sa naging kasunduan..pano magandang gawin...

pwede po masagot agad, kac malapit na silang umalis ibang bansa,

salamat

I beg to disagree. The way I read it, I find nothing in the law that says the mixed marriage must be present at the time of the valid marriage.

Art. 26. All marriages solemnized outside the Philippines, in accordance with the laws in force in the country where they were solemnized, and valid there as such, shall also be valid in this country, except those prohibited under Articles 35 (1), (4), (5) and (6), 3637 and 38. (17a)

Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law. (As amended by Executive Order 227)

The use of the word "Where" does not denote time, but a condition. I would have agreed with you if the authors of the Family Code used the word "when" because if they did, it would have clearly denoted what you were saying.

Stated otherwise: If there is a valid marriage between a Filipino and a foreigner and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law.

Further, the decison being grounded on reality, resounds with what Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. said, "The life of the law has not been logic; it has been experience."

The thing is, rich people will always have it better than most of us. Imagine the Congress, imbued with the spirit of equality and justice, amends the constitution and enacts a law where all people charged with a crime - regardless of economic class - can only be defended by lawyers from the Public Attorney's Office (no disrespect intended to the hardworking lawyers of PAO). Where would all that lead us?

The law is not synomymous to justice, it can only go so far.

Thank you for your view. I truly appreciate it.

The above-cited case was actually discussed to us by Justice Sempio-Diy, one of the authors of the Family Code including the amending EO No. 227. It was her contention that the present construction given to the second paragraph by the Supreme Court is not what they intended. Far from it, in fact, because what they contemplated to protect was the Filipino spouse who marries an alien and not a Filipino who marries another Filipino.

That is also why the second paragraph was appended to Article 26 where the subject matter was marriages "solemnized outside the Philippines," which include both marriages between two Filipinos and mixed marriages.

Besides, it has always been a settled rule that divorce in this jurisdiction is contrary to public policy. And for all intents and purposes, we now have a divorce law albeit not everyone has the means to obtain it.

As for the words "where" and "when," pardon my statutory construction, but I do not see any difference.

Thanks again. :thumbsupsmiley:

From what I've read, this only deals with data recovery IF you HAVE either a back-up of the user's private key, or the data recovery agent's (DRA) key. Cipher.exe is used to generate the key for the DRA in order to use it to encrypt a file or groups of files. If you didn't do this, then cipher.exe can't help you. As for the product from elcomsoft, it's a decrypter for EFS so this may work. (I use the word "may" since it may take a long time and yu might get bored and cancel the decyption altogether... :hypocritesmiley: ) You may have to wait since it is a decryption algorithm so it requires much CPU resource. Haven't tried it though since XP was new when I lost my data and so this product wasn't available yet. (*sniff*) Anyways, good luck on trying to salvage your data!  :headsetsmiley:

yup yup yup nakalimutan ko. Cypher would work kung existing yung account na nagencrypt then cypher would issue a certificate na i import sa key policies na pwede nya iimport sa ibang computer to read the files na encrypted. kaya mali!. Yung pag transfer sa fat32 would not also do it in this case pwede lang din kung yung account na nagencrypt ang gagawa nito. kaya mali din sir. hanap pa ko ibang paraan.

tanong po: may kontrata sa townhouse na isang taon. natapos yung isang taon pero nagagree landlord and tenant to extend for few more months without written contract. post deated checks issued for protection of landlord. but due to problem with neighbor, tenant decided to leave... even before the completion of months on which the post dated has covered. can the tenant get back the 2 months deposit (with deduction for repairs etc) since the same is anyway connected to the contract of one year which already expired? can the landlord claim that the coverage of checks issued is a guarantee for tenants to stay on period covered and since that period was not complete, the deposit gets forfeited as provided for by the expired contract? can tenant argue that the provisions of the contract does not apply anymore since same has already expired except for one of its provisions which notes that at the end of 1 year, they may agree for monthly extensions?

thanks for the inputs...

What makes this decision confusing was the quick resort by the Supreme Court to extrinsic tools to ascertain the legislative intent and devoting too little attention to parsing the statutory language.

Ordinarily, when the statutory language is clear on its face, and its words neither create ambiguity nor lead to an entirely unreasonable interpretation, an inquiring court must apply the statute as written, and need not consult other aids to statutory construction (Of course, if there is anyone or anything licensed to disregard this, it is the Supreme Court).

In relation to this, the Supreme Court just gave a cursory look in this direction and declared:

"On its face, the foregoing provision does not appear to govern the situation presented by the case at hand. It seems to apply only to cases where at the time of the celebration of the marriage, the parties are a Filipino citizen and a foreigner."

I don't understand why the Supreme Court had to use the word "appear" and "seem" when they should apply it as it is written if it is clear and unambiguous.

In this respect, I maintain that the use of "where" becomes of utmost importance. I took "Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated" to mean "If there is a valid marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner." The use of the word "where" puts the emphasis on marriage and "validly celebrated" merely qualifies it. Therefore, in that context, it embraces mixed marriages as well as marriages of both Filipino citizens where one later becomes a foreigner by naturalization. At the very least, it creates an ambiguity whether the provision applies to the situation in question.

Had the phrase been "When a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated", there would have been no doubt that the citizenship at the time of the marriage is essential.

For the sake of argument, let's disregard the rule on statutory construction avoiding construction that results in absurdity as used by the Supreme Court in the case and accept the OSG's position that the situation is not covered by the law. The result would have been the same. Our courts, being courts of both law and equity, can decide the case. As the Supreme Court regarded the situation in question as unjust and absurd, it will most probably use its equity jurisdiction to permit the Filipino spouse to remarry.

Thank you for your view. I truly appreciate it.

The above-cited case was actually discussed to us by Justice Sempio-Diy, one of the authors of the Family Code including the amending EO No. 227. It was her contention that the present construction given to the second paragraph by the Supreme Court is not what they intended. Far from it, in fact, because what they contemplated to protect was the Filipino spouse who marries an alien and not a Filipino who marries another Filipino.

That is also why the second paragraph was appended to Article 26 where the subject matter was marriages "solemnized outside the Philippines," which include both marriages between two Filipinos and mixed marriages.

Besides, it has always been a settled rule that divorce in this jurisdiction is contrary to public policy. And for all intents and purposes, we now have a divorce law albeit not everyone has the means to obtain it.

As for the words "where" and "when," pardon my statutory construction, but I do not see any difference.

Thanks again.  :thumbsupsmiley:

My DSL connection has a serious problem

Im supposed to be having about 600-700 kbps in bandwith test

I tried bandwith tests everywhere and I only get 300-500 kbps max

I cleared my cache,temp files,cookies and turned off firewall, ganun padin.

Scanned using norton still ganun padin speed.

I really want my old download and upload speed back

This only happened the other night after I pushed the reset button on my DSL modem.

Im using Zyxel modem and ona 768 kbps connection

Test 1

Download

474 kbps

Upload

149 kbps

Test 2

Download

215 kbps

Upload

150 kbps

Test 3

Download

396 kbps

Upload

154 kbps

Download speed from websites

30-40 kB/s

Test 4

Dial-Up 53.3 kbps

ISDN 56 kbps

DSL/Cable 128 kbps

DSL/Cable 256 kbps

Your Results 485.4 kbps

DSL/Cable 512 kbps

T1 Line 1500 kbps

Baka nasira ung modem?

:(

Edited by kUrTsKY

Goodday, I need legal suggestions on my problem.

During the early years of my marriage, I have had an affair for a few months, this destroy the trust of my wife.

few years later, our relationship are getting worst, we now have domestic violence, but im the one being attacked. I want to out of the merried life.

What can I do? what are my rights? and her?

Please advice. thanks

During the early years of my marriage, I have had an affair for a few months,  this destroy the trust of my wife.

few years later,  our relationship are getting worst, we now have domestic violence,  but im the one being attacked.  I want to out of the merried life. 

Please advice. thanks

what can you do? - you have two choices here.

a. file for annulment of marriage - this is the more difficult one, but the benefits are better, since you can re-marry. there are different grounds where you might wanna check in the family code to make a good case of annulment. usually, parties use psychological incpacity.

b. file for legal separation - this is easier, but you cant re-marry. based on your story, domestic violence is a ground for legal separation.

what are your rights? - you can file a petition for annulment or legal separation. as to the properties, the court shall order liquidation should yourpetition be granted. however, under the law, the guilty spouse shall not receive any share especially if you got children.

what are her rights? - same as yours.

My DSL connection  has a serious problem

Im supposed to be having about 600-700 kbps in bandwith test

I tried bandwith tests everywhere and I only get 300-500 kbps max

I cleared my cache,temp files,cookies and turned off firewall, ganun padin.

Scanned using norton still ganun padin speed.

I really want my old download and upload speed back

This only happened the other night after I pushed the reset button on my DSL modem.

Im using Zyxel modem and ona 768 kbps connection

Test 1

Download

474 kbps

Upload

149 kbps

Test 2

Download

215 kbps

Upload

150 kbps

Test 3

Download

396 kbps

Upload

154 kbps

Download speed from websites

30-40 kB/s

Test 4

Dial-Up 53.3 kbps 

ISDN  56 kbps 

DSL/Cable  128 kbps 

DSL/Cable  256 kbps 

Your Results  485.4 kbps 

DSL/Cable  512 kbps 

T1 Line  1500 kbps

Baka nasira ung modem?

:(

There are several possibilities as to why this is happening to you although one strikes me as a very possible reason why this is so. First, I assume you're using PLDT's myDSL service. Secondly, you live here in metro manila or any place saturated by PLDT's myDSL service. If so, then it's because in some cities, PLDT implemented a very weird DSL system in some places. Whenever your DSL router gets a connection from PLDT, it takes a random IP address from the DHCP server right? Well, in some places there are some IP addresses which are given a higher speed than others. Someone I know actually experienced this in Paranaque City. He noticed that ip addresses at the lower address range actually have faster speeds. Try power cycling your modem again and test that.

Yup ur right PLDT alright

The other day I experienced myspeed going up as high as 1.5 mpbs when it was only supposed to be 768

Even on bandwith tests I get 1.5 mbps speed

Could it be a possibility that my modem is busted?

Ano chance na mabalik pa dati kong speeds?

Power cycling you mean turning off the modem and on again?

For how long?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by kUrTsKY
Yup ur right PLDT alright

The other day I experienced myspeed going up as high as 1.5 mpbs when it was only supposed to be 768

Even on bandwith tests I get 1.5 mbps speed

Could it be a possibility that my modem is busted?

Ano chance na mabalik pa dati kong speeds?

Power cycling you mean turning off the modem and on again?

For how long?

Thanks in advance!

dude, it does'nt mean na busted na yung modem mo or sumthin. It's just connection speed and it is'nt constant. Nag fluctuate sya from time to time.

Try testing your bandwith speed at pldtplay.com, it changes from time to time regardless the speed you subscribed for. Sometimes it's much greater or lesser sometimes. DL speed still varies with the site you are getting information from.

guys ano yung SMART WIFI? how does it work? eto ba yung using cellsites to transmit data? thanks.. curious lang ako.  eto ba yung without the constraints of staying near wireless spots?

yup. internet din yun. ang gagawin nila ay magkakabit sila ng antenna sa bahay mo na in direct line of sight sa smart cellsite.

mas mura sa regular dsl pero ang nababalitaan ko ay yung problema ng cellfone problema din niya, minsan nawawala signal o kaya humihina. alam ko meron tayong mga mtc member na ganyan ang ginagamit, hintay natin sagot nila kung totoo hehe

During the early years of my marriage, I have had an affair for a few months,  this destroy the trust of my wife.

few years later,  our relationship are getting worst, we now have domestic violence,  but im the one being attacked.  I want to out of the merried life. 

Please advice. thanks

Or... if you have money, you can go to the States, get naturalized there, then divorce your wife. That can now entitle you to re-marry. :thumbsupsmiley:

yup. internet din yun. ang gagawin nila ay magkakabit sila ng antenna sa bahay mo na in direct line of sight sa smart cellsite.

mas mura sa regular dsl pero ang nababalitaan ko ay yung problema ng cellfone problema din niya, minsan nawawala signal o kaya humihina. alam ko meron tayong mga mtc member na ganyan ang ginagamit, hintay natin sagot nila kung totoo hehe

ah ok.. hindi ba pwede yung on the move ka? yung kahit nasa sasakyan ka naka hook up ka pa rin just using cellsite signal? hehe.. thanks parekoy!

how much yung SMART WIFI?