Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

anybody know how someone could start studying for the legal profession? especially regarding our criminal law?

To my knowledge, one can only start to study the law profession (especially criminal legal process) if they actually take up law. This is because, criminal law is so broad that it not just covers the Penal (pardon the pun) Code, but also includes procedural laws like evidence, criminal proceedures, constitutional law and a host of other allied laws.

Short of taking up law, one can only get a glimpse of the criminal system through other allied courses like criminology (for criminal law) or legal management (for commercial law).

Hope this helps. :)

Hi!

I've just hit a brick wall in my bar review. Anyone got some tips on how to recharge my will to study?

A brick wall huh! :)

Don't worry, it happens to almost all of us. :) What you are experiencing is a burn-out brought about by the pressure of the bar. I have yet to see a bar candidate that did not encounter the same at some point of the bar examinations. Usually, it is encountered at the end (I had it on the last sunday :) ). The kind of feeling where you just don't seem to care anymore (just get it over with :) ).

The key to getting back the will to study is to take it easy. Relax and try to get away from it all for at least a few hours (well, maybe days) so that you can get away from the pressure. For me, a couple of bottles of beer in a loud bar that plays my kind of music (I used to hang out in Ten Year's After Malate) works. Likewise, when I can't drink I play a few favorite tapes (no cds then :blush: ) that tends to relax me (Christmas Carols - accapella in June!! :rolleyes: ). Some of my friends resort to sex during those days. :lol:

But you have to find out what works with you. Just relax and "recharge your batteries".

Thanks Freelicker. Right now I've trying out Manila Tonight as a sort of remedy for my stoppage in my review. So far it is working because just reading the posts is making my mood lighter and my feelings less fudged up.

BTW I think my original post should properly have been posted in the Law Students section. hehehehe.

Guest -=xerxes=-
Yup. But then anything we lawyers can do to help aspiring lawyers could "arguably" be discussed here. :)

Good luck!!

hi..

just wanna ask this question ( and your legal opinion woul dbe then for free, hehehehe)

if a supervisor receieves completion of term letter, inforhimg him that he will be staying at his position till may 15, then he was informed a replacement was appointed already and signed it april 15.....what happened to his unfinished term? is the 2nd appointment legal? the 2nd one immedietely acted as if he is the supervisor, while the one to complete his term was told "supervisor ka pa ba?"

sino ba talaga ang legal na supervisor ont his case? considered revoke na ba yung first appointment? the second one occupying the position, never that the signed appointment paper were issued to proper authorities.....

is it possible to have overlapping appointment? sensya na..i am in a hurry..... :mtc:

hi..

just wanna ask this question ( and your legal opinion woul dbe then for free, hehehehe)

if a supervisor receieves completion of term letter, inforhimg him that he will be staying at his position till may 15, then he was informed a replacement was appointed already and signed it april 15.....what happened to his unfinished term? is the 2nd appointment legal? the 2nd one immedietely acted as if he is the supervisor, while the one to complete his term was told "supervisor ka pa ba?"

sino ba talaga ang legal na supervisor ont his case? considered revoke na ba yung first appointment? the second one occupying the position, never that the signed appointment paper were issued to proper authorities.....

is it possible to have overlapping appointment? sensya na..i am in a hurry..... :mtc:

The difficulty in your situation is that it is apparent that you are a contractual employee by the phrase "completion of term". This means you were hired only for a specific period of time. There are provisions in the labor code that may make you "regular contractual" and give you the benefits of a regular employee while the need for your services exists but this would go into a very legal and technical discussion on whether your services still exists or not.

In any event, you can argue illegal dismissal since you are a regular contractual but you were replaced even before the time your contract ended (at least from the treatment you were being given). But then, your prayer would be reinstatement but this is where it gets confusing because you have not yet been terminated.

At the moment, you have to wait it out because to act now (unless magpaparinig ka lang :) in which case you have to be subtle or it can backfire on you) may be premature.

The legality of the new supervisor or you as the old supervisor is not going to be an issue because there is no indication that either you have been relieved or if you are put in the freezer as of yet. The only thing that you are encountering can be put down as the "usual" ribbing or teasing in the office (masakit nga lang).

Sorry.

Mga Sirs,

I would be placing an advertisement in the newspaper, the section where you see notice to the public (with picture), I will place someone who has an ongoing criminal case "Estafa' (2 cases in Makati Courts), I was told that I should be the one who will put the text or information regarding that person, I need assistance/help in constructing words or text for the ads. It goes like this, notice to the public "this is to inform you that this person has a pending criminal case in the court of Makati", mga Sir patulong naman kasi medyo bitin ang description ko at meron bang legal implication ito. Salamat sana po matulungan nyo ako.

Hey guys... I'm trying to recover some files that I erased... I tried the PC Inspector File Recovery app (Freeware) and it gives me this error message (attached to this post)... anyone come across this already?

OR...

Any of you got a copy of a file recovery program? I need to bring back some data that I erased from my laptop... Your help is much appreciated.

post-53-1085727380.jpg

Hey guys... I'm trying to recover some files that I erased... I tried the PC Inspector File Recovery app (Freeware) and it gives me this error message (attached to this post)... anyone come across this already?

OR...

Any of you got a copy of a file recovery program? I need to bring back some data that I erased from my laptop... Your help is much appreciated.

There's a problem w/ ur program or maybe a corrupt installation/HD.

The rule is when you want to undelete or recover a file, as much as possible make sure that you don't write to the disk anymore. It might overwrite the remnants of the file(s) that you want recovered and you would need a lower level (more expensive) recovery device to get to your files.

deues Sir,

usually lumalabas pero nde everytime sumtimes cya pagopen mo pa lng computer or inirestart yung comptr sometimes pag nagoopen ka ng games. Nagtry na ako magreinstall ng OS 981st ed. pero sumtimes lumalabs pa rin, salamat sir.

On rundll32 - does it say "Rundll32 - This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" and if you click on the details: "RUNDLL32 caused a General Protection Fault in module MMSYSTEM.DLL" or "RUNDLL caused a General Protection Fault in module MMSYSTEM.DLL at 000a:00000032"

-- try to use notepad to edit the system.ini file and add the line "drivers=mmsystem.dll" but back the file first before you edit

Spool 32, well its kinda complicated. visit these links

http://aumha.org/win4/kbeipf.php

http://support.microsoft.com - search the knowledge database. You will see here all the solutions regarding your problem, it helpful and informative.

OR...

Well I use Restoration version 2.5.14 and I never have problems with these yet.

You can download it from the internet, its a freeware.

If you ask me Thony, the thought that the legal profession is probably the only one where one gets paid for "screwing" others should be enough to get you back on track!!

Seriously, heed Companero Freelickers advice. Relax a bit then hit the books. Repeat as necessary.

Cheers!

tama yan, thony. while i was preparing for the bar exams i started to learn photography on the side. when i sense some burning out, i go to my uncle, who despite working with the supreme court, would never discuss anything about law but all photography - he got me into it.

it worked well with me, then soon enough i get back to my feet and pursue my review. ganun lang talaga yun. just don't let the pressure fill you up to the neck. release mo paunti-unti. you'll be fine, just like most of us who came ahead of you.

i hope your optimism will be rewarded!

Mga Sirs,

I would be placing an advertisement in the newspaper, the section where you see notice to the public (with picture), I will place someone who has an ongoing criminal case "Estafa' (2 cases in Makati Courts), I was told that I should be the one who will put the text or information regarding that person, I need assistance/help in constructing words or text for the ads. It goes like this, notice to the public "this is to inform you that this person has a pending criminal case in the court of Makati", mga Sir patulong naman kasi medyo bitin ang description ko at meron bang legal implication ito. Salamat sana po matulungan nyo ako.

the primary question that need to be answered perhaps is your intentions in putting the ad. is it to malign his reputation or to get him apprehended (if at large).

it is against the law to do the first. however if you need assistance in getting the person arrested then anything to this effect will do: this is to inform the public that mr. >>>> whose picture is shown above has two pending criminal cases against him (CC Nos.### and ####) pending before the RTC of >>>>> and is currently at large. any information that may lead to his arrest will be treated with utmost confidentiality and shall be rewarded accordingly. you may contact Mr. xxxx at telephone nos. ####.

be prepared to receive many prank calls though.