Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Yeah Im an AMD fan. I'll be using this P4 business desktop for internet and office work. it's not suitable for gaming coz i need to transfer it to another casing just so that my Radeon 9800Pro will fit in it. I can only use geforce FX here..which are not exactly as half as good as my radeons are.

my other rig...upcoming pa lang is an ABIT NF7-S 2.1, Barton 2500 and 1Gb PC3200 Ram. That is where i can put my ATI Radeon 9800pRo to work. It will be my gaming rig. All games no apps. hehhee. All apps will be handled by the P4.

the AFX is great but it is too expensive for its purpose at the moment. maybe pag bumaba na prices hehhee

where can i get the most effective anti-virus freeware for RPC worm?

is that the one that automatically shuts down windows xp in 45 secs? if it does, you just need to download windows patch/update KB824146-x86-ENU.exe... B)

Yeah Im an AMD fan. I'll be using this P4 business desktop for internet and office work. it's not suitable for gaming coz i need to transfer it to another casing just so that my Radeon 9800Pro will fit in it. I can only use geforce FX here..which are not exactly as half as good as my radeons are.

my other rig...upcoming pa lang is an ABIT NF7-S 2.1, Barton 2500 and 1Gb PC3200 Ram. That is where i can put my ATI Radeon 9800pRo to work. It will be my gaming rig. All games no apps. hehhee. All apps will be handled by the P4.

the AFX is great but it is too expensive for its purpose at the moment. maybe pag bumaba na prices hehhee

wait for AMDFX n magmura... ive read mglalabas sila ng 512KB cache version and lower GHz.. mas mura ito at malamang suabe nnman s OC!!! :)

nice yung abit nf7-s,try getting a mobile barton meron p yata s tipidpc.com nito.mas maganda mgOC yng mobile barton,nkabili ako ng Mobile Barton 2500+(1.862GHz) at n OC ko ito hangang... anyways sobrang sulit sya :cool: go AMD!! :)

What You Should Know About the Sasser Worm and Its Variants

Published: May 1, 2004 | Updated: May 2, 2004 - 3:30 P.M. Pacific Time

Software Affected by This Worm

Microsoft Windows XP and Windows XP Service Pack 1

Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, and Windows 2000 Service Pack 4

Software Not Affected by This Worm

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003

Windows Server™ 2003

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Service Pack 1

Windows Millennium Edition

Windows 98 Second Edition

Windows 98

Windows NT® 4.0 Service Pack 6a

Microsoft teams have confirmed that the Sasser worm (W32.Sasser.A and its variants) is currently circulating on the Internet. Microsoft has verified that the worm exploits the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) issue that was addressed by the security update released on April 13 in conjunction with Microsoft Security Bulliten MS04-011.

To protect your computer against Sasser and its variants, do the following:

Step 1: Enable a Firewall

Before you take other steps, make sure you have a firewall activated to help protect your computer against infection. If you have a hardware firewall in place for your home or workplace connection, or if you use the firewall included with Microsoft® Windows® XP, the Sasser worm is most likely blocked. If your computer has been infected, activating firewall software will help limit the effects of the worm on your computer. For comprehensive guidance to installing and enabling a firewall, see the Microsoft Protect Your PC site.

Step 2: Install the Required Update

To help protect your computer against the Sasser worm and its variants, you must first download and install security update 835732, which was released with Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-011. You can find update 835732 on the Windows Update Web site listed in the Critical Updates and Service Packs section. You can also download and install this update manually from the Microsoft.com Download Center. To find the download for your operating system, refer to Technical Security Bulletin MS04-011.

Note If you installed the updates for MS04-011 manually or through Automatic Updates before Friday, April 30, then you are already protected against this issue.

Step 3: Automatically Check For and Remove Sasser.A and Sasser.B

You can use this tool to search your hard disk for and try to remove Sasser.A and Sasser.B. To do so, click Check My PC for Infection.

Important To use this tool, you must be running Windows XP or Windows 2000, and you must have already installed the update released with Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-011.

Note After you click Check My PC for Infection, a Microsoft End-User License Agreement is displayed. In the window, click I Agree, and then click Continue. If you see a message advising you that the tool is loading, click OK to proceed.

Note If you have difficulty running the tool from this page, it may be due to your browser's security settings. If you have any problems, try downloading the tool directly from the Microsoft.com Download Center and then running it manually.

Step 4: Review Additional Technical Resources

If the scanning and cleaning tool does not work for you, try using one of the free worm removal tools available at these antivirus software vendors' Web sites:

Computer Associates

F-secure

Network Associates

Norman

Panda

Sophos

Symantec

Trend Micro

If you prefer to remove the worm manually (for advanced users only), see the Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) Security Response Team alert for technical guidance.

Step 5: Learn How to Protect Your PC

To help protect your computer against a wide variety of security threats, see Protect Your PC.

Removal Tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Does anyone here uses an OPTERON class AMD processor?

I'm planning to build my new rig consisting of 2 AMD opteron processors on a Tyan Tiger K8W (S2875) motherboard with 1-2GB DDR400 RAM modules and I would like to know if there are any issues about this processor class and also your opinions about this rig before I start ordering them. This rig will serve as a digital editing workstation as well as an extreme gaming machine. Thank you all in advance.

Good Evening.

Help me naman.

Replaced my Pc-cinillin with a norton anti virus.

Kc my former antivirus could only quarantine the viruses found in my computer. its the WS32.sassmer. bat and . worm. and its spreading get 1 each day i open the computer. don't exactly know where i got it.

After loading the norton and updating it. it now found 10 viruses from a previous of 5 and can only quarantine it. am afraid of it spreading throughout the computer. Do i now have to reformat and install everything? Unfortunately the CD for the OS system is not with me and can't find the original owner of my laptop.

What do i do?

Thanks

post-53-1084290604.gif

Good Evening.

Help me naman.

Replaced my Pc-cinillin with a norton anti virus.

Kc my former antivirus could only quarantine the viruses found in my computer. its the WS32.sassmer. bat and . worm. and its spreading get 1 each day i open the computer. don't exactly know where i got it.

After loading the norton and updating it. it now found 10 viruses from a previous of 5 and can only quarantine it. am afraid of it spreading throughout the computer. Do i now have to reformat and install everything? Unfortunately the CD for the OS system is not with me and can't find the original owner of my laptop.

What do i do?

Thanks

If ever bumibili ka ng pirated cds punta ka sa ghills may nagbebenta ng windows xp professional with sp2 (beta). install mo yan at kasama na mga critical updates take note na ang mga virus na lumalabas ngayon ay designed to attack win2k & winxp and winxp sp1 only so kapag ginamit mo ang winxp with sp2 medyo safe ka sa mga worm na mga lumabas ngayon.

REMEMBER:

Always update your operating system and anti-virus.

better wait for the final release of SP2, those beta release have expiration, and after the final release is out you still need to unistall the sp2 beta and install the final release, heard that the final sp2 will not be installed on pirated xp cds, so need to collect new cd keys.

found the answer kaso medyo need to know how to do the protect my pc.

thanks

doc, the best way to protect your pc is to have the following:

1. properly configured personal firewall

2. antivirus software with UPDATED virus definitions. usually updates are released weekly or bi weekly

3. updated security patches or fixes

To protect yourself from the sasser worm, you must have the RPC vulnerability patch (sasser worm) from Microsoft.

By the way, what OS are you using? The sasser worm affects Win2k and XP, so if you're using any of these, better get the specific patch.

better wait for the final release of SP2, those beta release have expiration, and after the final release is out you still need to unistall the sp2 beta and install the final release, heard that the final sp2 will not be installed on pirated xp cds, so need to collect new cd keys.

I disagree with you na nag-eexpire yung release na binebenta sa ghills na winxp integrated with sp2 (beta2). In fact I'm using it to one of my PC works fine & stable. I have read the release before I used it. And its a corporate edition winxp with sp2 so you don't need to collect cd keys as what you had posted.

I disagree with you na nag-eexpire yung release na binebenta sa ghills na winxp integrated with sp2 (beta2). In fact I'm using it to one of my PC works fine & stable. I have read the release before I used it. And its a corporate edition winxp with sp2 so you don't need to collect cd keys as what you had posted.

You may try to move the date/year from 2004 to 2005 and try to reboot, and see if it will expire or not? ;)

May I what build your SP2 is? I assume its an early build of SP2, maybe try to upgrade the latest version, Windowsxp Pro. Sp2 b2120 or b2126, these builds they already blacklisted some of the corporate keys and check your PID 640.

Microsoft: SP2 Will Not Install on Pirated Copies of XP 
By David Worthington, BetaNews 
May 11th, 2004, 4:33 AM 

Contrary to the remarks it made to the ComputerTimes, Microsoft now claims that it will not permit users who have obtained Windows XP illegally to upgrade to its latest service release. Instead, the software giant will continue to enforce compliance with its licensing. 

In a nutshell, Microsoft group product manager Barry Goffe told ComputerTimes that Windows XP Service Pack 2 would not exclude pirated copies from upgrading, and that it was more important to keep user safe than to be "concerned about the revenue issue." 

To clarify its position, a Microsoft spokesperson told BetaNews, "Press reports indicating Windows XP Service Pack 2 will install on pirated or illegal copies of Windows XP are not entirely true.  Prior to installing, SP2 will check the OS' product ID (PID) against a list of known pirated PIDs.  If a PID is found to be invalid, SP2 will not install." 

BetaNews confirmed the accuracy of the spokesperson's statement with a source within the company. 

"Microsoft's position with SP2 is no different than SP1, so no one should really be surprised that the update might not install on pirated Windows XP versions. Enabling the update for known leaked activation keys could foster more piracy, something Microsoft would want to prevent," said senior Jupiter Research senior analyst Joe Wilcox. 

Wilcox noted however, that "it is not clear how many of the Windows XP PCs infected with worms or trojan horses -- software used to spread spam, hide spammers or launch denial of service attacks -- run pirated software. Withholding the update, even for good reason, could contribute to ongoing security problems affecting legitimate Microsoft customers." 

Service Pack 2 has fortified Windows XP with a new mix of security features including: a new version of Internet Explorer, which for the first time includes a pop-up blocker and download manager; improved memory protection; e-mail safeguards for Outlook Express; the Windows Firewall; and new security settings for Windows Media Player 9. 

Windows networking will see reduced privileges assigned to system services such as Remote Procedure Call (RPC), and Microsoft has redesigned its Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) by adding granular COM permissions. 

Control over these new security features will be governed by the new Windows Security Center. Security Center checks for the third-party antivirus protection, manages automatic system updates and exerts control over the Windows Firewall. 

A second release candidate of the service pack is slated for late May or early June, with RC3 also a possibility. The final release of Windows XP Service Pack 2 is expected to be completed by the end of the summer.

You may try to move the date/year from 2004 to 2005 and try to reboot, and see if it will expire or not? ;)

May I what build your SP2 is? I assume its an early build of SP2, maybe try to upgrade the latest version, Windowsxp Pro. Sp2 b2120 or b2126, these builds they already blacklisted some of the corporate keys and check your PID 640.

Microsoft: SP2 Will Not Install on Pirated Copies of XP 
By David Worthington, BetaNews 
May 11th, 2004, 4:33 AM 

Contrary to the remarks it made to the ComputerTimes, Microsoft now claims that it will not permit users who have obtained Windows XP illegally to upgrade to its latest service release. Instead, the software giant will continue to enforce compliance with its licensing. 

In a nutshell, Microsoft group product manager Barry Goffe told ComputerTimes that Windows XP Service Pack 2 would not exclude pirated copies from upgrading, and that it was more important to keep user safe than to be "concerned about the revenue issue." 

To clarify its position, a Microsoft spokesperson told BetaNews, "Press reports indicating Windows XP Service Pack 2 will install on pirated or illegal copies of Windows XP are not entirely true.  Prior to installing, SP2 will check the OS' product ID (PID) against a list of known pirated PIDs.  If a PID is found to be invalid, SP2 will not install." 

BetaNews confirmed the accuracy of the spokesperson's statement with a source within the company. 

"Microsoft's position with SP2 is no different than SP1, so no one should really be surprised that the update might not install on pirated Windows XP versions. Enabling the update for known leaked activation keys could foster more piracy, something Microsoft would want to prevent," said senior Jupiter Research senior analyst Joe Wilcox. 

Wilcox noted however, that "it is not clear how many of the Windows XP PCs infected with worms or trojan horses -- software used to spread spam, hide spammers or launch denial of service attacks -- run pirated software. Withholding the update, even for good reason, could contribute to ongoing security problems affecting legitimate Microsoft customers." 

Service Pack 2 has fortified Windows XP with a new mix of security features including: a new version of Internet Explorer, which for the first time includes a pop-up blocker and download manager; improved memory protection; e-mail safeguards for Outlook Express; the Windows Firewall; and new security settings for Windows Media Player 9. 

Windows networking will see reduced privileges assigned to system services such as Remote Procedure Call (RPC), and Microsoft has redesigned its Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) by adding granular COM permissions. 

Control over these new security features will be governed by the new Windows Security Center. Security Center checks for the third-party antivirus protection, manages automatic system updates and exerts control over the Windows Firewall. 

A second release candidate of the service pack is slated for late May or early June, with RC3 also a possibility. The final release of Windows XP Service Pack 2 is expected to be completed by the end of the summer.

its Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 Build 2082 Beta Integrated. sorry man but its proven working contrary to what u heard. i think you are talking about the update only but i'm sorry to tell you but its integrated version. so no problem with the installation & cdkey. 99% sure and proven.