Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

anyone know hows to configure the sata 2 correctly? i tried to visit the tech support of my brand which is Western digital btw im using 250 GB WD 16mb cache sata 2, problem is when i tried to configure it in bios as AHCI it is the default setting it s not detected by winxp sp2, then i treid to configure it to IDE then nag tuloy ung installation problem is sometimes intermitently pagbukas ko ng pvc ko lagi nlng sya ng rerestart then i check the bios setting nung sata naging AHCI i cant even llogin sa safe mode kung ganbito setting ng SATA 2 ko, so i set it to IDE again then naging okei na sya pero itsa happen parin ung restart ng restart as always. hay anyone help?

yes, i'm talking about insurance. i don't think that such mandate will ever materialize in the phils.

There are 3 bills pending in the senate which should protect patients from errant doctors......There's one there that mandates all practicing physicians to secure a malpractice insurance.....if that pushes through, then it's a start.

Peace :)

Edited by Waterbearer
Guest Leviticus
would i need a dual core? basics lng gamit ko for the pc. planning to buy a new system before end of the year? what's a better tym now till christmas, am not in a rush to get one? tuwing christmas b bumababa ung mga prices?

btw, anu b ung celeron, sempron compared dun s mas mahal n iba?

if you are after sale or cheap prices, now would be a good time before the "ber" months (due to inventory in anticipation of christmas). I'm not so sure about celeron and sempron (are you planning in getting a laptop?) but from what I know is it has to do something with cache memory. The Pentium D system would definitely be around for the next couple of years, even though it is a fact that computer systems keep on upgrading every couple of months. If you're a techie the upgrades matter but if you are just after the "basics" then the Dual core system is enough for you.

impression ko when I first handled a dual core processor (with DDR2 memory) my reaction was "wow... umuusok!!!" I have been using a P3 computer for years already, P4 at the office.

Have a problem

Before I used to be able to rip DVD's to xvid or as data in VIDEO_TS folders.

Using DVD Shrink/1 Click DVD Copy/Imtoo DVD Ripper

But recently whenever I use these programs to rip to Xvid format

I get this error

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9610/dvderror2kl6.jpg

Kinda weird I have a SOny DRU 810A DVD Writer and I patched it with the latest firmware.

I dont know how to set the region code and could I make this region free? Is it safe? How?

The only way for me to copy DVD's now is using the explore and copy folders basics...

I wanted to rip one DVD to DivX sana, I already have Any DVD and DVD Region+CSS Software pero wala parin. Same Error. Sa DVD Srink naman ayaw basahin ung mga DVD's when I rip them.

:(

Edited by kUrTsKY
For sure, the credit card company would send you a billing for the usage of the credit cards. I suppose by this time you had already reported to the police the lost of the credit card, if not, you better do so. Secondly, you have to immediately inform the credit card company of what transpired. I suggest you write a formal letter and ensure that they receive a copy. I would also suggest that you request for copies of all receipts that were signed as these would bear your forged signatures.

Although it is quite tedious and difficult to put up a good defense for these kind of cases, in the event, this reaches the court, you can always question the signature as appearing in the receipts.

Hope this helps.

bro,

thanks for the reply. I hope stupid congressmen and senators pass a law regarding protecting credit card users. Baka naman may congressman at senator na nagbabasa ng MTC hehehehe! :grr:

what are your views on regulating professionals, not just lawyers, but the likes of doctors, architects, engineers, etc? anybody can answer.

the PRC pr Professional Regulatory Board is the one tasked to make sure our professionals are doing their job/s properly. that is their mandate.

Guest xHANGMANx

Do we have any Labor Lawyer in the House?

here is the scenario

If you resigned from your employer and they asked you to go on terminal leave 20 days before the effectivity of your resignation and you were not yet able to accomplish complete turn over of your responsibilities (any pending work, cash advances)

then you inquired how your clearance will be processed and they gave you a verbal assurance that they will take care of it

then after more than a month, they send you a letter listing down items that according to them you failed to accomplished and they are ordering you to explain why such were remained unfinished

am I still legally required to answer their queries?

if not answering their queries delays the issuance of my clearance, what are my legal options?

if I answered their letter with this "asking me to go on terminal leave is tantantamount of clearing me of any outstanding responsibilites", am I correct on this line of reasoning?

with my reasoning above, they send me a letter threatening criminal prosecution if I don't reply to their queries, do I have legal right to sue them and claim moral damages?

would appreciate your answer even if you are not a practicing labor lawyer

here is the scenario

If you resigned from your employer and they asked you to go on terminal leave 20 days before the effectivity of your resignation and you were not yet able to accomplish complete turn over of your responsibilities (any pending work, cash advances)

then you inquired how your clearance will be processed and they gave you a verbal assurance that they will take care of it

then after more than a month, they send you a letter listing down items that according to them you failed to accomplished and they are ordering you to explain why such were remained unfinished

am I still legally required to answer their queries?

if not answering their queries delays the issuance of my clearance, what are my legal options?

if I answered their letter with this "asking me to go on terminal leave is tantantamount of clearing me of any outstanding responsibilites", am I correct on this line of reasoning?

with my reasoning above, they send me a letter threatening criminal prosecution if I don't reply to their queries, do I have legal right to sue them and claim moral damages?

would appreciate your answer even if you are not a practicing labor lawyer

When they asked you to go on "terminal leave" 20 days prior to your intended resignation date, was this in writing? if so, you better keep that letter. If it was not in writing, I suggest you write them a reply letter and emphasized that you intended to make proper turn-over, liquidation and accounting but was pre-empted from doing so, when they directed you to go on terminal leave coupled with the assurance that your clearance would be properly taken care of.

I further suggest that you request for details and copies of supporting documents in connection with the supposed "list of items" that you were not able to finish before you reply to their inquiries and even before you make an explanation. While it would always be prudent to reply and give an explanation, however, try to ascertain first if the letter is "inquisitorial" or accusatory, that is, if you think that your explanation wont matter anymore and that the company is hell-bent on filing criminal cases against you, then, dont explain anymore. Just request for supporting documents. If you do decide to make an explanation, make it short and concise. Remember, less talk, less mistake.

Hope this helps.

Just gather all supporting documents stemming from the query, Dictum is right, less talk, less mistake. I think mostly verbal ang mga arrangements ninyo so it's a my word vs. yours kinda thing. No offense dude pero ang sa akin lang kasi, it doesn't necessarily follow na they gave you a terminal leave e pwede ka nang maging negligent sa duties mo. You knew this outcome was possible and yet you failed to prepare. Again tama si Dictum, honga....what's the use of explaining when they are hell-bent of filing a case against you.....fraud is one since may cash na involved. Kung pwede pang maareglo, sana maareglo....in the end, ikaw din ang talo sa scenario na ito......think of it this way, unless your hiding something, last hurrah na nila ito.....after this, you don't have to deal with them anymore....kung di naman ganun kabigat ang hinihingi nila sa yo, baka naman pwede mo na lang tapusin ang pwede pang tapusin...maglelegal action pa kayo e pwede naman pagusapan yan internally....less stressful yon :)

Edited by Waterbearer
When they asked you to go on "terminal leave" 20 days prior to your intended resignation date, was this in writing? if so, you better keep that letter. If it was not in writing, I suggest you write them a reply letter and emphasized that you intended to make proper turn-over, liquidation and accounting but was pre-empted from doing so, when they directed you to go on terminal leave coupled with the assurance that your clearance would be properly taken care of.

I further suggest that you request for details and copies of supporting documents in connection with the supposed "list of items" that you were not able to finish before you reply to their inquiries and even before you make an explanation. While it would always be prudent to reply and give an explanation, however, try to ascertain first if the letter is "inquisitorial" or accusatory, that is, if you think that your explanation wont matter anymore and that the company is hell-bent on filing criminal cases against you, then, dont explain anymore. Just request for supporting documents. If you do decide to make an explanation, make it short and concise. Remember, less talk, less mistake.

Hope this helps.

Just gather all supporting documents stemming from the query, Dictum is right, less talk, less mistake. I think mostly verbal ang mga arrangements ninyo so it's a my word vs. yours kinda thing. No offense dude pero ang sa akin lang kasi, it doesn't necessarily follow na they gave you a terminal leave e pwede ka nang maging negligent sa duties mo. You knew this outcome was possible and yet you failed to prepare. Again tama si Dictum, honga....what's the use of explaining when they are hell-bent of filing a case against you.....fraud is one since may cash na involved. Kung pwede pang maareglo, sana maareglo....in the end, ikaw din ang talo sa scenario na ito......think of it this way, unless your hiding something, last hurrah na nila ito.....after this, you don't have to deal with them anymore....kung di naman ganun kabigat ang hinihingi nila sa yo, baka naman pwede mo na lang tapusin ang pwede pang tapusin...maglelegal action pa kayo e pwede naman pagusapan yan internally....less stressful yon :)

Excellent advice from the two gents. Prepare for a fight by documenting everything. The first step is asking for a bill of particulars or the specifics of your alleged offense. Also put in writing the fact that you were asked to take a terminal leave. Be careful of what you write down with the perspective that this can be used against you.

Guest xHANGMANx

Hope this helps.

the letter was already accusatory

because we used the reasoning that asking an employee to go on terminal leave was tantamount on clearing all his responsibilites, they are threatening with criminal prosecution

the order to go on terminal leave was verbal, issued by the HR Manager and his direct Manager

what they are saying in the letter was that the employee intentionally concealed all the outstanding matters from the management, that he willfully neglected all his duties until he left

the reason the employee resigned was due to friction between him and his boss

to avoid escalating this friction, he resigned

but I think his boss is now extracting revenge

by the way, all the neglected items they are accussing the employee of not finishing, they can also point the finger to his boss why such were not settled on a timely basis under her watch

i already did what u recommended before so i guess hanggang gan2 nlng talaga ung pc.

i'm planning to buy one pero i'll still keep this. pwede p pang school work. can u recommend me a nice set-up, ung d cguro kailangan magupgrade for the next three years.

Hindi ako masyadong expert when it comes to hardware device.

pero on my opinion, if im going to set a new computer

i will buy a dual processor motherboard, with atleast 3 PCI slot, external video card and if possible with SCSI

reason for this, almost new windows OS support dual processor. kung meron kang 2.5GHZ multiple by 2 ang tulin na nito...

also when it comes to games, you can upgrade you video card. and if your not satisfied with two harddrive, u can buy scsi harddrive as an addtional, not thinking for external harddrive first.

and buy a minimum og 512MB of RAM.

New boards today has a built-in LAN and sound card, for me ok na ito.

medyo costly nga lang kung iisipin mo, medyo pang server setup. pero think of the time, quality and performance of your PC. siguro after 7 years kapa mag papalit nito. make sure lang na maganda offer ng warranty, atleast 2 to 3 years.

well i hope tama ang pinag sasabi ko dito. :wacko:

B)

My comp, is very slow when i turn it on, kc so many programs automaticly start up! I know u can change that, but don't remember how. Anybody can help me?

try typing Start->Run->Msconfig

this are the items you use during bootup

but be careful on what you select or unselect esp. the windows system programs

or else your PC might crash

or check your Startup items on Start->All Programs->Startup

and delete the programs you don't use

My comp, is very slow when i turn it on, kc so many programs automaticly start up! I know u can change that, but don't remember how. Anybody can help me?

try typing Start->Run->Msconfig

this are the items you use during bootup

but be careful on what you select or unselect esp. the windows system programs

or else your PC might crash

or check your Startup items on Start->All Programs->Startup

and delete the programs you don't use

Have a problem

I get this error

Kinda weird I have a SOny DRU 810A DVD Writer and I patched it with the latest firmware.

I dont know how to set the region code and could I make this region free? Is it safe? How?

The only way for me to copy DVD's now is using the explore and copy folders basics...

I wanted to rip one DVD to DivX sana, I already have Any DVD and DVD Region+CSS Software pero wala parin. Same Error. Sa DVD Srink naman ayaw basahin ung mga DVD's when I rip them.

e_T TM(Superscript yungTM) lumalabas pag raright click ko yung flash drive ko.. is this a new virus? help naman po.. tnx in advance..

seems like one, have a couple of those a few months. hanggang sa nagkagulo yung filesystems ko. usually sa usb devices sya nagkakalat, virus name is enfal.d (according to kaspersky) and was removed by kaspersky though the e_ttm on my usb did not change. this thing affects the autoplay of usb device when inserted.

To remove the e_ttm from your usb. copy all files from usb to hard drive then format the usb drive. copy all the files back. then try if it returns to normal. if it doesn't then infected pa din ang hard drive mo. usually the virus hides itself as netsvcs.exe or .com nakalimutan ko na.

hope this helps.

Have a problem

I get this error

sir, it must be a bad dvd copy. try dvd decrypter i used to use this before when I'm still active copying dvds :)

Hindi ako masyadong expert when it comes to hardware device.

pero on my opinion, if im going to set a new computer

i will buy a dual processor motherboard, with atleast 3 PCI slot, external video card and if possible with SCSI

reason for this, almost new windows OS support dual processor. kung meron kang 2.5GHZ multiple by 2 ang tulin na nito...

also when it comes to games, you can upgrade you video card. and if your not satisfied with two harddrive, u can buy scsi harddrive as an addtional, not thinking for external harddrive first.

and buy a minimum og 512MB of RAM.

New boards today has a built-in LAN and sound card, for me ok na ito.

medyo costly nga lang kung iisipin mo, medyo pang server setup. pero think of the time, quality and performance of your PC. siguro after 7 years kapa mag papalit nito. make sure lang na maganda offer ng warranty, atleast 2 to 3 years.

well i hope tama ang pinag sasabi ko dito. :wacko:

B)

sounds good to me. chaka iwasan mo ECS na mobo. i'd got to MSI, ASUS,INTEL or EPOX

Follow the steps given above and go to this link to verify the startup items: link.

HTH

the letter was already accusatory

because we used the reasoning that asking an employee to go on terminal leave was tantamount on clearing all his responsibilites, they are threatening with criminal prosecution

the order to go on terminal leave was verbal, issued by the HR Manager and his direct Manager

what they are saying in the letter was that the employee intentionally concealed all the outstanding matters from the management, that he willfully neglected all his duties until he left

the reason the employee resigned was due to friction between him and his boss

to avoid escalating this friction, he resigned

but I think his boss is now extracting revenge

by the way, all the neglected items they are accussing the employee of not finishing, they can also point the finger to his boss why such were not settled on a timely basis under her watch

Since the instruction to go on terminal leave is merely "verbal", I suggest you document it by sending a letter emphasizing that you were pre-empted from making a proper turn-over because there was already a verbal directive to go on terminal leave coupled with the assurance that your clearance would be properly taken care of as a matter of course. You may further add, that you were made to understand that you have already been "cleared" of all employee obligations.

Also, please ask for documents in connection with their charges against you. Insist that without these documents, you would not be able to make an intelligent explanation of the charges against you.

Please remember to choose your words carefully having in mind that whatever you say may be used against you, in case, this develops into a full-blown legal matter.

Please keep us posted on development thru this site so we may be able to properly guide you on what steps to do.

Good luck.