Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

what do i need to make my pc run ps2 games?

a) a ps2 emulator, which one's best? got any links for it...

B) a rumble game pad, again which one? gotta be usb2.0

c) dvd game disc, no problem with this, but it's dvd and my pc only got a cdr and cd rom drive, now what?

funny thing early this evening, i got to use a p4 1.5 256mb ram, and it was sooo slow as compared to my own amd 1.8 pc 512mb ram, and i thought p4 exceed...

Running and playing with an emulator is not easy.

PS2 is a proprietary device thus hard to emulate.

Games are not played by inserting the Game disc into ur Optical drive...even if it is DVD-ROM.

As it may sound cheap alternative pero u have to wait for coders to convert the PS2 games and provide us with ROMS.

Kasi they do it only on their free time.

Only few games can be played and most of the time buggy pa ito.

I tried waiting for the PS2 emulators to mature pero I gave up on waiting.

Running and playing with an emulator is not easy.

PS2 is a proprietary device thus hard to emulate.

Games are not played by inserting the Game disc into ur Optical drive...even if it is DVD-ROM.

As it may sound cheap alternative pero u have to wait for coders to convert the PS2 games and provide us with ROMS.

Kasi they do it only on their free time.

Only few games can be played and most of the time buggy pa ito.

I tried waiting for the PS2 emulators to mature pero I gave up on waiting.

noted...

thanks!

post-20-1076591010.gif

1. in a decision by the SUPREME COURT, it held that such kind of stipulation is considered VOID! it is a restriction of a person's right to choose his own livelihood.

there is also a provision under the Bill of Rights in our constitution that prohibits INVOLUNTARY servitude.

2. there can be no way that you will be imprisoned for that, assuming that the stipulation is valid. so dont worry.

3. the company will not waste time and money on going after you. TRUST ME!!!! knowing how fast the justice system is here in the pihilippines, matapos man yang kaso mo, nasa retiring age kana. :lol:

4. then go ahead, get yourself a greener pasture. :cool:

Thanks a lot for your sound advice.

Cheers! :)

Where can I have my HP laptop credibly serviced? I'm from qc area. My laptop is a US purchase. I don't think there's anything wrong with the CPU itself. The battery doesn't seem to recharge and has a flashing light that according to the manual means battery missing or something wrong with it. So it's all AC power for the meantime. And I'd hate to need to replace the battery at this time. thanks to all in advance.

Get yourself first an online scan HERE , then download and run Hijack This and post the Hijack This Log in here so that I can check it.

If you still got this file on your system and be able to find it, please email the copy of that file to me. Ty... B)

Submit_Virus@xmail.net

-RE: Windows XP SP2

Like I have said before this release of XP is far more 200 times much stable than the previous released service pack. All the major security holes found in SP1 has been fix and also comes with WMP Series 9, Improved version of I.E 6 etc... etc...

cyberray, tol, I badly need ur help!!!!!

1. I've done an online scan this morning and detected virus in my computer, here's the log:

C:\WINDOWS\svchost .exe is infected with PWSteal.Trojan

C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCQWERgss.exe is infected with W32.Alco.gen

D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-2000478354-1202660629-1343024091-1003\Dd2.dll is infected with PWSteal.Trojan

2. Now I've downloaded recent virus update for AVG and Norton Anti-Virus 2004..., at first it seems to repair/delete/quarantine the infected files. But there are addtln virus that were detected by Norton 2004, activity log

3. I've performed 2nd batch of scanning using Norton 2004, unfortunately, new virus were detected (is it morphing virus?? i have no idea). Worst, I can't remove/delete these infected files, grrrrrrrr!!!!

Source: C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCX1sq234.exe

Click for more information about this threat : W32.Alco.gen

Source: C:\WINDOWS\system32\CD_CLINT.DLL

Description: The file C:\WINDOWS\system32\CD_CLINT.DLL is a Adware threat.

Click for more information about this threat : Adware.Cydoor

Source: C:\WINDOWS\ipinsigt.dll

Description: The file C:\WINDOWS\ipinsigt.dll is a Adware threat.

Click for more information about this threat : Adware.Ipinsight

Norton 2004, keeps on prompting "C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCX1sq234.exe " w/c doesn't exist (like AVG). Now, I'm back from where I started....

4. I beginning to think my last resort would be a total reformat (low level)...., is there any other way?

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. I want to ask these hypothetical questions for my information only.

Suppose if i have sex with a girl who misrepresents herself to be 18 years old. Will i be guilty of child abuse if the girl's age later turn out to be lets say 16.

If during the time of sexual encounter she is below 18 years old, can she file charges later when she is already 18 years old.

1. I've done an online scan this morning and detected virus in my computer, here's the log:

D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-2000478354-1202660629-1343024091-1003\Dd2.dll is infected with PWSteal.Trojan

2. Now I've downloaded recent virus update for AVG and Norton Anti-Virus 2004..., at first it seems to repair/delete/quarantine the infected files. But there are addtln virus that were detected by Norton 2004, activity log

3. I've performed 2nd batch of scanning using Norton 2004, unfortunately, new virus were detected (is it morphing virus?? i have no idea). Worst, I can't remove/delete these infected files, grrrrrrrr!!!!

Norton 2004, keeps on prompting "C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCX1sq234.exe " w/c doesn't exist (like AVG). Now, I'm back from where I started....

4. I beginning to think my last resort would be a total reformat (low level)...., is there any other way?

If the files cant be removed they are protected by windows, so you need to disable system restore first and do full scan again.

Where can I have my HP laptop credibly serviced? I'm from qc area. My laptop is a US purchase. I don't think there's anything wrong with the CPU itself. The battery doesn't seem to recharge and has a flashing light that according to the manual means battery missing or something wrong with it. So it's all AC power for the meantime. And I'd hate to need to replace the battery at this time. thanks to all in advance.

As you may know that HP US notebook (pavilion) have limited warranty, its not global warranty, so if you want to repair it, you need to bring it to the point of purchase.

Maybe try also HP service center in makati to verify if they can order the parts for you.

Ok ok... no need to panic or reformat your pc... if you are using windows xp or me disable system restore first ok? (my computer-right click-properties-system restore) then go to "safe mode" then run a full system scan using your anti virus software (update it to the latest definitions first). (to start in safe mode restart computer and press and hold F8 till the a menu pops up) after that reboot your pc!

then download hijack this (A MUST!) and copy and post the log file of the hijack this here in this forum so i can check if there are more hidden virus/malwares in your pc.

if you can still be able to send a copy of that virus to me i can make you a special virus removal tool that will reverse any changes the virus made in your system registry. keep me updated and sorry for the late late reply i'm on vacation lol!

Submit_Virus@xmail.net

Download Hijack this HERE!

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. I want to ask these hypothetical questions for my information only.

1. Suppose if i have sex with a girl who misrepresents herself to be 18 years old. Will i be guilty of child abuse if the girl's age later turn out to be lets say 16.

2. If during the time of sexual encounter she is below 18 years old, can she file charges later when she is already 18 years old.

1. you have that defense of misrepresentation. but make sure naman that the girl looks 18 plus. eh kung obvious naman na mukhang 16 or below sya, mahihirapan ka.

2. yes.

"Now I've downloaded recent virus update for AVG and Norton Anti-Virus 2004"

Damm... one simple advice to everybody! NEVER EVER USE TWO ANTI-VIRUS and/or FIREWALL in one single pc! damm it will make more harm than good. The two programs can conflict with each other and thus reduce the programs affectivity by nearly 200%. Use an online scanner instead as your back-up scanner.

I advice you to keep Norton 2004. Much better when comes to virus definitions updates and in depth file scanning than any other “free” antivirus programs.

-PWSteal.Trojan

PWSteal.Trojan is a Trojan that attempts to steal login names and passwords

These passwords are often sent to an anonymous email address. It usually drops a file named "mine.exe" and it is loaded from the Windows registry.

Solution 1

To remove this Trojan, most of the steps are performed in Safe mode. Please follow the instructions in each section.

NOTE: The following procedure instructs you to delete files, file entries, and registry values. In some cases, they may have already been removed by your anti virus software, or they were never added by the Trojan. If you do not find a particular file or entry, make sure that you followed the instructions exactly. If the file or entry does not exist, then proceed to the next step or section.

Removal Instructions:

-Solution 1-

+Enable show all files

Follow these steps to configure Windows to show all files:

1. Start Windows Explorer.

2. Click View (Windows 95/98) or Tools (Windows Me), and click Options or Folder Options.

3. Click the View tab, and uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types" if it is checked.

4. Click Show all files, and click OK.

Restart the computer in Safe mode

* If you are running Windows 95:

1. Exit all programs, and then shut down the computer. If the computer will not shut down normally, then proceed to the next step.

2. Turn off the computer, and wait 30 seconds. You must turn off the computer to remove the virus from memory. Do not use the reset button.

3. Turn on the computer. When you see the "Starting Windows 95" message, press F8.

4. Press the number for Safe mode, and then press Enter.

* If you are running Windows 98:

1. Click Start, and click Run.

2. Type msconfig and click OK. The System Configuration Utility dialog box appears.

3. Click the General tab, and click Advanced.

4. Check Enable Startup Menu, click OK, and then click OK again.

5. Exit all programs, and then shut down the computer. If the computer will not shut down normally, proceed to the next step.

6. Turn off the computer, and wait 30 seconds. You must turn off the computer to remove the virus from memory. Do not use the reset button.

7. Turn on the computer, and wait for the menu to appear.

8. Press the number for Safe mode, and then press Enter.

+Find and delete files

Follow these steps to locate and delete the files that were placed on your hard disk by the Trojan:

1. Click Start, point to Find or Search, and then click Files or Folders.

2. Make sure that "Look in" is set to (C:) and that "Include subfolders" is checked.

3. In the Named box, type (or copy and paste) the following file names:

msdos98.exe uninstallms.exe mine.exe mi*.zip readme.txt

4. Click Find Now.

CAUTIONS:

* The next step is to delete these files from your computer. Make sure that you delete only the files listed, and if you typed the file names, that they were typed exactly as shown. Deleting the wrong file could prevent your system from starting. (The entry mi*.zip may result in several files being found, such as Mi29.zip, or Mine.zip. All such files should be deleted.)

* If you are running Windows Me, the search may find the Winmine.exe file. This is the executable for the Windows Minesweeper game, and it is not necessary to delete this file.

* This search will almost certainly find several files named Readme.txt. Each will be in a different location. Make sure that you delete only the one in the C:\Windows\System folder.

5. Delete each file in the Results pane; click Yes to confirm each deletion.

NOTE: If you see a message saying that the file is in use when you try to delete the Msdos98.exe file, then you cannot remove it at this point. Complete as many of the Solution 1 instructions as possible, and then proceed to Solution 2. Follow the instructions in the first two sections of that solution. You only need to enter the first two commands in the section Remove infected files. When the Msdos98.exe file has been deleted, restart the computer.

6. Right-click the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop, and click Empty Recycle Bin.

7. Click New Search, and then go on to the next section.

+Find and change a file

1. Make sure that "Look in" is set to (C:) and that "Include subfolders" is checked.

2. Type win.ini in the Named box, and then press Enter.

3. Right-click the Win.ini file in the results pane, and click Properties.

NOTE: If you find more than one Win.ini file, make all changes to the one that is located in the folder in which Windows is installed; for example, C:\Windows.

4. Uncheck Read-only, and then click OK.

5. Double-click the Win.ini file to open it in Notepad.

6. Locate the entry that begins with run=. It should look similar to this:

run= C:\Windows\uninstallms.exe

NOTE: There is a large space between run= and the C:\Windows\uninstallms.exe entry. If you cannot locate the C:\Windows\uninstallms.exe entry, then click the Search menu and click Find. Type uninstallms.exe and then click Find next.

7. Place the cursor after run= , and then press Shift+End to select the rest of the line. Repeat this until the entire line is selected. You may have to press Shift+End four or five times.

8. Press Delete.

NOTE: A new variant of this Trojan has been found that does not add the text C:\Windows\uninstallms.exe.

9. Underneath run= , look for an entry that begins with RUNRESTORE=. It should look similar to this:

RUNRESTORE=C:\Windows\uninstallms.exe

If you find this entry, move the cursor to the beginning of the line, press Shift+End to select the entire line, and then press Delete.

10. To make sure that none of these entries remains, click the Search menu and click Find. Type uninstallms.exe and then click Find next. Remove any entries that refer to this file.

11. Click the File menu, and click Save.

12. Exit Notepad.

+Remove an entry from the registry

CAUTION: I strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified.

1. Click Start, and click Run. The Run dialog box appears.

2. Type regedit and then click OK. The Registry Editor opens.

3. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\

Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

4. Look for the following String value in the right pane:

Windows "C:\Msdos98.exe"

5. If it exists, select it, press Delete, and then click Yes to confirm the deletion.

6. Navigate to the following key:

NOTE: This will not exist on all systems.

Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-

7. Look for the following String value in the right pane:

8. Exit the Registry editor.

The Trojan is now removed from your system. Restart the computer.

NOTE (for Windows 98 users only): If you used the Microsoft System Configuration Utility to enable the startup menu, you can now disable. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and click Run.

2. Type msconfig and then click OK. The System Configuration Utility dialog box appears.

3. Click the General tab, and click Advanced.

4. Uncheck Enable Startup Menu, click OK, and then click OK again.

5. Restart the computer.

--Solution 2--

To remove this Trojan, most of the steps are performed in MS-DOS mode. Please follow, in the order presented, the instructions in each section.

NOTES:

* The procedure described in this document is complex and assumes that you are familiar with basic Windows and DOS procedures. If you are not, then we suggest that you obtain the services of a qualified computer consultant.

* The following procedure instructs you to delete files, file entries, and registry values. In some cases, they may already have been removed by your antivirus software, or they were never added by the Trojan. If you do not find a particular file or entry, make sure that you followed the instructions exactly as shown. If the file or entry does not exist, then proceed to the next step or section.

Start the computer in MS-DOS mode

The first part of the removal procedure must be performed in MS-DOS mode. Please follow these steps to restart the computer in MS-DOS mode:

* Windows 95

1. If the computer is on, then close all programs, and if possible, shut down Windows. If the computer will not shut down normally, then proceed to the next step.

2. Turn off the computer, and then wait 30 seconds. You must turn off the computer to clear memory.

3. Restart the computer, and watch the screen. When you see "Starting Windows 95," press F8.

4. Select "Safe mode Command Prompt Only" from the startup menu, and then press Enter.

* Windows 98

1. If the computer is on, close all programs, and if possible, shut down Windows. If the computer will not shut down normally, then proceed to the next step.

2. Turn off the computer and wait 30 seconds. You must turn off the computer to clear memory.

3. Restart the computer, and immediately press and hold down the Ctrl key until the Windows 98 startup menu appears.

4. Select "Safe mode Command Prompt Only" from the startup menu, and then press Enter.

Remove infected files

At the DOS prompt, which should appear similar to C:\>, type the following commands in the sequence shown. Press Enter after each one.

NOTE: These instructions assume that the path to the Windows folder is C:\Windows. If you installed Windows in a different folder, such as C:\Win95, then modify the commands that refer to the Windows folder accordingly. If you press Enter and you see a message saying that the file or directory is not found, retype the command, making sure that you type it exactly as indicated, and that the path is pointing to the folder in which Windows is installed. If you still see the same message, continue on to the next line of the instructions.

attrib -r -s -h msdos98.exe

del msdos98.exe

cd windows

attrib -r -s -h uninst~1.exe

del uninst~1.exe

cd system

attrib -r -s -h mine.exe

del mine.exe

attrib -r -s -h readme.txt

del readme.txt

cd \windows

attrib -r -s -h win.ini

edit win.ini

The Win.ini file will open in the DOS Editor. Go to the next section.

Remove entries from the Win.ini file

You must delete an entry from the Win.ini file. Please follow these steps:

1. Locate the entry that begins with run=. It should look similar to this:

run= C:\Windows\uninstallms.exe

NOTE: There is a large space between run= and the C:\Windows\uninstallms.exe entry. To determine whether this entry exists, place your cursor at the beginning of run= and press the End key.

2. Backspace until the text C:\Windows\uninstallms.exe has been deleted.

3. Underneath run=, look for an entry that begins with RUNRESTORE=. It should look similar to this:

RUNRESTORE=C:\Windows\uninstallms.exe

If you find this entry, move the cursor to the beginning of the line, press Shift+End to select the entire line, then press Delete.

4. Press Alt+F, and then press X to exit. Save the changes when prompted.

5. Turn off the power to the computer, wait 30 seconds, and then go on to the next section.

Remove an entry from the registry

Restart the computer in Safe mode. To do this, follow the steps in the section titled Start the computer in MS-DOS mode except choose "Safe mode" instead of "Safe mode Command Prompt Only." When Windows starts, make sure that you do not attempt to start AOL. To remove references to the Trojan from the registry, follow these steps:

CAUTION: I strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified.

4. Look for the following String value in the right pane.

If it exists, select it, press Delete, and then click Yes to confirm.

5. Navigate to the following key:

6. Look for the following String value in the right pane:

7. Exit the Registry Editor.

The Trojan is now removed from your system. Please restart the computer.

---Solution 3---

This procedure will allow you to delete files which Norton anti virus(NAV) was not able to remove. Please make note of the file(s) which NAV detected as PWSteal.Trojan.

To remove files that cannot be deleted by NAV:

Follow the instructions for your version of Windows only if NAV could not delete files that it detected as infected with PWSteal.Trojan.

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete one time.

2. Click Task Manager.

3. Click the Processes tab.

4. Click the "Image Name" column header two times to sort the processes alphabetically.

5. Scroll through the list and look for the name of the file which NAV detected as PWSteal.Trojan. If you find the file, click it and then click End Process.

6. Close the Task Manager.

7. Run the scan again, and delete any files detected as PWSteal.Trojan.

8. When the scan is finished, go on to the section Remove an entry from the registry.

Remove an entry from the registry

To remove references to the Trojan from the registry, follow these steps:

4. Look for the following String value in the right pane.

If it exists, select it, press Delete, and then click Yes to confirm.

5. Navigate to the following key:

6. Look for the following String value in the right pane:

7. Exit the Registry Editor.

The Trojan is now removed from your system. Please restart the computer.

-W32.Alco.gen

W32.Alco.gen is a generic detection for W32.Alco variant worms.

These worms all have one thing in common: They use Microsoft Outlook to send email to all contacts in the Microsoft Outlook address book. Some variants also try to delete files or send themselves to IRC users. Damm i hate it!

Holy crap that was a LOOOOONGGGG write up... anyways keep me updated... i'm outta here!!!! Geeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The adwares/spyware can not be remove by a normal anti virus software. download the free adaware software and then run a full system scan.(dont forget to first update it)

download ad-aware HERE!

The adwares/spyware can not be remove by a normal anti virus software. download the free adaware software and then run a full system scan.(dont forget to first update it)

download ad-aware HERE!

CyberRay, too late to read your mail...., damn, my pc won't boot (in normal mode),hang. Just in safe mode (2 colors, 640by480 resolution from the normal 32 bit, 1024/768). I've just reformated my pc this morning (damn after 2 long years :( grrrrr ). I'll continue to restore files in my backup disks this evening, waaaaaaaaaaaaa. Anyway, thank u very much for the help and advise!!!

My last scan (before the hang-up), nearly 20+ files were again infected and mostly system files. Only option available was to remove / delete these files (as per Norton AVG 2004 recommendation). If these trojans wrote entries, w/o my knowledge, in system registry, then how should I protect it? Damn trojans, nevertheless , I give credit to maker of this s**t (you have ur time, loser!!). Offhand, is svchost, system file?

BTW, I turned off the system restore long time ago, my mistake was not to do full scan on "safe mode". Would it make a difference? BTW, I'm just wondering why my 2 antivirus detected and reported differently (AVG detected some virus that NOrton 2004 didn't, and vice-versa).

Now, that I'm pissed with the virus thing, I more likely want to know pro-active defense against this. Is there a firewall blocking these addware/spyware, s**t? How do I protect my registry against software hackers? Are these spywares including mostly on network softwares (yahoo messenger, grokster, kazaa, or other peer 2 peer softwares)?

Thanks again for the tip on Norton AVG and spyware, I'll use them once i've finished restoring my files....

Silverchariot

Dude..the files you can't remove are most likely locked by the Windows.

They are treated as system process.

There are Trojan system cleaners out there.

http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/products/tsc/sysclean.com

extract the file and also download the latest pattern file from Trend as well.

http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp

thanks matsutsu, I'm not sure about trendmicro , is it better than Norton /AVG? In what way?