Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

I am a 29 year old guy without a permanent job with a live-in partner and a son. We got separated because of emotionally battering me and her parents are after me. Is there any legalities if they pursue this in court? Please reply to my e-mail or to this thread and i will be most gracious to your help.

my email is mackymacmac@yahoo.com

Allow me to give you plain advice: What do you mean by her parents are after you? Do they want you to marry the girl?-If that is the case, they canot legally do that. Wala ka kasing consent-which is a requisite of marriage. Do thay want you to support your kid? - the girl can as the court to do that by filing a case for support, kahit hindi kayo kasal, you have an equal obligation for rearing your kid. Kung hindi naman masamang babae yung girl, meaning hindi naman lasingera or addict or p#ta at may means of living, at yung kid mo is less than 12 years old, wag mo nang habulin pa to be in your custody - magastos at walang kasiguraduhan na makukuha mo. just give support as best as you can, after all anak mo yun, your kid carries your genes and is the means of perpetuating you for all eternity. :hypocritesmiley:

I am a 29 year old guy without a permanent job with a live-in partner and a son. We got separated because of emotionally battering me and her parents are after me. Is there any legalities if they pursue this in court? Please reply to my e-mail or to this thread and i will be most gracious to your help.

my email is mackymacmac@yahoo.com

they might file a criminal case of abandonment of your child under the anti-violence of women and children act. try to get a job and support your kid.

hey guys, patulong naman kasi ininstall ko yung nero7 lagi nalang my error msg na lumalabas pag restart ko ng pc ko n INCD Api could not be loaded... ano ibig sabihin non? baka may nakakaalam naman kung paano ko maaayos yun... salamat

binili mo yung installer or download? baka po may tama yung installer(kung binili). may error din kasi ako naencounter sa installer ko dati kaya nag-download na lang ako via torrent(mag-aantay ka nga lang).

Guys me tanong ako I was trying to backup my old VCD and transfer the MPEG files to my PC pero madami na gasgas etc.

Pag ganun ba at dami na gasgas ung cd eh pag transfer ko sa PC nung movie ;

maapektuhan ba ung data or ung MPEG movie file itself?

Or hinde? Kasi sayang naman kasi kung ma lipat ko ung movie sa PC i can save the VCD instead of buying a new one.

Does this apply to DVD's as well?

Edited by kUrTsKY
hey guys, patulong naman kasi ininstall ko yung nero7 lagi nalang my error msg na lumalabas pag restart ko ng pc ko n INCD Api could not be loaded... ano ibig sabihin non? baka may nakakaalam naman kung paano ko maaayos yun... salamat

Have you tried to remove and then reinstall? Do you just need to write files to CD? If you're using XP then you can do this straight from Windows Explorer.

Haha dami tanong

Whats the best audio compression & bitrate for encoding DivX/Xvid Videos?

Before I used MPEG 2 Layer 3 56 kB/s 24000 Hz

Now Im using Lame MP3 48000 Hz 192kbps Stereo CBR

Now what does Hz mean? And doest it matter?

Would it be better if I use Lame all the time?

I want something that is standard, will play on most if nto all

standalones and has relatively good quality.

Need your opinions. Of course average filesize too.

Thanks

Ive been reading my book about legal ethics and I cant seem to understand the definition behind

"purposes of courses in action". This is in connection with the fiduciary obligation of a lawyer to a

client which involve legitimate investments. So anyone?

BTW, under the cannon of professional ethics it is improper for a lawyer to purchase a property or acquire

an interest over the subject matter of a litigation, as this rule is absolute, mere circumvention is still prohibited.

But supposing the litigation is finished after a successful one, can you as a lawyer validly place an interest or

purchase the property from your client which was involved in a litigation?

Thanks again

Good morning.

I have been assigned to do a study on the forfeited properties of the late President Marcos in Tacloban. I would appreciate it very much if you can share some inputs, discussion/materials to the topic concerned. Here goes:

There were some levied properties of the Marcoses in Tacloban for partial payment of tax liabilities of the former. These properties were never sequestered by the PCGG in an unexplained wealth cases but were levied upon by the BIR in payment of the aforementioned tax liabilities.

There seems to be a cascading conflict through all the years that the levied properties are not covered by the PCGG, therefore they should render to the BIR revenue accounting of all the proceeds received in their allegedly sequestration power over the levy power of the BIR.

Another question to be provoked is why the BIR computed a big estate tax on the gross estate of Ferdinand Marcos if these were allegedly ill-gotten? If this was so, these could have been identified as "claims against the Estate" which are deductible from the taxable gross estate of Ferdinand Marcos, thus a negative estate tax deficiency will result.

thank you very much.

Since no one seems to be tackling this, what exactly are your points for discussion? For the levied properties, you state that they were never sequestered. Thus, there is no conflict if the said properties were levied by the BIR. On the question of the estate tax, you shouldn't be surprised if the basis for the BIR computation would be all the identifiable properties of the late Mr. Marcos. Claims against the estate must be filed by the claimants, and the BIR will never identify nor provide for it when they compute the estate tax. I still fail to see what kind of discussion you are trying to elicit.

mga bossing pwede bang mag file ng kaso sa america by a representative?

would you mind rephrasing your question in the english language?

if you are filing a case in America, the governing law in the state where you intend to commence a suit will apply, not the Philippine procedural rules. Hence, whether or not you could initiate an action through a representative is best addressed to the American lawyers practising in America. Your question therefore, should be couched in the American language to enable an American bar member to make an intelligent reply.

Guest djunya2006

Hello, I would just like to get advice from you about the troubling pm I recieved yesterday. This started when I assisted the owner of Pier 39 in posting responses to former disgruntled employees. Now it seems this person has changed his sn from ,jason2002 and stonecold to at present textmate. I have chosen to stop interacting with this person but I recieved a troubling pm recenty, which I am attaching.

TEXTMATE Peace Settlement?, Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Voyeur

Group: Lurkers

Member No.: 120,537

TANG INA MO! PATAYIN NA KITA! Bakit ako haharap dyan? When I have the LORD with me. Im not afraid, youre f#&king owner Pinky is the god-damn s@%t coward for treating people with less money than you, like s@%t. You know what, to prove im not full of s@%t, Im here waiting my number is 09059720500. Let's face it you dont know who you're dealing with. ITs a shame that your MANIPULATE EVERYTHING your employees, your retarded parents and children, even POSTERS HERE who believe the truth say. Dapat sa iyo PATAYIN na para hindi ka na manloko pa. Magpaalam ka na sa asawa't anak mo, duwag! I gave my number because im serious, I dont want to be f#&ked with. Talk to me and I promise that you will hear GOD's voice. HEY, PINKY AND YOU MANIPULATIVE SON OF A BITCH! Time for you to die. Im waiting. PERO, I bet magugulat ka, kasi hindi mo siguro alam kung sino ako. Yeah, you'd be surprised! Patayin na kita? Patayin na kita? Im gonna god-damn burn PIER31, after my hunney leaves, kilala kita djunya kilala kita Pinky. Ill make sure nandun kayo sa loob. Patayin na kita! Patayin na kita!

I would like to know how I can deal with this legally, because I think this should fall under grave threats. How do I go about pressing charges against this person? Thank you and I will wait for your response. To see our exchanges between myself and this person please go to the KTV section and Pier 39.

Since no one seems to be tackling this, what exactly are your points for discussion? For the levied properties, you state that they were never sequestered. Thus, there is no conflict if the said properties were levied by the BIR. On the question of the estate tax, you shouldn't be surprised if the basis for the BIR computation would be all the identifiable properties of the late Mr. Marcos. Claims against the estate must be filed by the claimants, and the BIR will never identify nor provide for it when they compute the estate tax. I still fail to see what kind of discussion you are trying to elicit.

Good morning Dr. pepper.. thanks for your reply.

The proponent suggested that these forfeited Marcos properties be sold back to the Marcoses so that BIR can generate billions of revenue from the transaction. Is that possible? It was of judicial notice that there was no interested bidder when they were auctioned off. She termed it as "the goose that lay the golden egg."

The conflict, as I understand it, is that all properties of the Marcoses are claimed to be "ill-gotten" by the PCGG so they were part of the sequestered lot, but as these Tacloban properties are ancestral properties, they should not be part of the sequestration. The proponent now questions the propriety of the sequestration power of the PCGG over the levy power of the BIR.

Have another Q:

Have you guys tried renaming the AVESQ.DAT files from a VCD to

Ex. "File.Mpg" ? I hav eben doing this always and it works.

Is it really ok to do this? I guess it converts the DAT file to standard MPEG.

Or do I need to use a converter?

Renaming the file extension doesnt change the file format. You still need to convert it. The only reason it appears to work and you can still play the file is because your player has multiple MIME type associations.

would you mind rephrasing your question in the english language?

if you are filing a case in America, the governing law in the state where you intend to commence a suit will apply, not the Philippine procedural rules. Hence, whether or not you could initiate an action through a representative is best addressed to the American lawyers practising in America. Your question therefore, should be couched in the American language to enable an American bar member to make an intelligent reply.

sorry,

ok, here's what I meant: Since I'm living here in the Philippines, Could I appoint someone; a friend or relative or even the american lawyer himself to represent me in order to file against the person who swindled me, whom is already an american citizen?