Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

how do i put a password on my wireless modem pls?? my neighbors are using my internet connection and i think are able to access my computer!!  :(

I think you meant wireless router because obviously, there is no wireless modem.

You can either set the security to MAC filtering [meaning you take note of each and everyone's Wifi device's MAC Address and register it in the list of allowed MAC IDs in the router's settings, you can access this using a browser, usual address is: 192.168.1.1]

Or..you can also use WEP [please refer to the manual]

or PassPhrase [everyone has a common access password [please refer to the manual]]

Guest Leviticus

^^ from a layman/computer guy's point of view lang ah; on the fly answer.

there are 2 things you can do:

1. manually search for your file sa temporary internet files

2. if you know the file name/file format do a search of your hard disc.

yun lang...

hello. anybody can help me with my inquiry.

my friend is a talent manager. she had her talents sign a talent manager contract but did not notarized it. is it valid?  can it still be notarized? what are the consequences of not notarizing it?

another one is: is it valid if a 17yr old signs into a contract.

thnks hope u can help my friend.

Yes, the contract is valid even if it was not notarized. In fact, a contract can be valid even if it is not written. Generally, notarization is not required for the validity of a contract. In your case, a talent manager contract is a simple contract and it only requires the basic elements of a contract, to wit; consent, object, and consideration (Feel free to ask for discussion).

It can still be notarized. Just bring the parties and the document to a notary public.

Notarization has the effect of converting your document into a public instrument. Well, if it is not notarized, it will be considered only as a private instrument but this fact alone will not make the contract less valid. Compared to notarized document, private instrument is easier to contest.

With regard to your 2nd inquiry:

It depends on the KIND of contract involved(which I wont discuss).

Ordinarily, in law, we call it a voidable contract. However, to be technical about it, the contract is valid but it is voidable on the part of the 17yr old. Otherwise stated, the contract will be treated as a valid contract untill annulled. As long as the minor(party) does not object, the contract shall be treated as though it has no defect at all. (Of course, in every rule there is an exception.)

Take the case of a 7yr old boy who bought a candy from a store. Is there a contract? Yes. Is the contract written? No. Is it notarized? No. Is it valid? Yes. Can the boy return the candy to cancel the transaction? Yes. Can the store owner do the same? No. Why? Because he is not the one allowed by law to contest a voidable contract.

Hope this would help

What kind of a talent manager are you talking about? Is the contract, in any way, related to employment?

In case that such contract is related to employment, then the Civil Code provisions on contracts and obligations are not controlling. It is the Labor Code which you have to look into.

Chapter II

EMPLOYMENT OF MINORS

ART. 139. Minimum employable age. - (a) No child below fifteen (15) years of age shall be employed, except when he works directly under the sole responsibility of his parents or guardian, and his employment does not in any way interfere with his schooling.

(B) Any person between fifteen (15) and eighteen (18) years of age may be employed for such number of hours and such periods of the day as determined by the Secretary of Labor and Employment in appropriate regulations.

( c ) The foregoing provisions shall in no case allow the employment of a person below eighteen (18) years of age in an undertaking which is hazardous or deleterious in nature as determined by the Secretary of Labor and Employment.

ART. 140. Prohibition against child discrimination. - No employer shall discriminate against any person in respect to terms and conditions of employment on account of his age.

hello. anybody can help me with my inquiry.

my friend is a talent manager. she had her talents sign a talent manager contract but did not notarized it. is it valid?  can it still be notarized? what are the consequences of not notarizing it?

another one is: is it valid if a 17yr old signs into a contract.

thnks hope u can help my friend.

Guys, I need a "PC for manyaks" help.  I have a web link of a nice adult video.  Gusto ko sana ma save yun sa PC ko pero di ko alam kung saan ko sya hahanapin.  Alam ko na store sya somewhere kasi everytime na i-play ko yung video repeatedly hindi na sya nagdodownload like the first time play.  Thanks in advance!

pare Cocostreamdownloader

Guest romeot_12

the talent is part of a group of dancers. kinda like the sexbomb dancers. the talent signed a contract for 1 year. when she was 17. and will expire next year. but already turned 18 last month. the problem is she wants out of the group and is going to another talent manager.

what options does the first talent manager have?

What kind of a talent manager are you talking about? Is the contract, in any way, related to employment?

In case that such contract is related to employment, then the Civil Code provisions on contracts and obligations are not controlling. It is the Labor Code which you have to look into.

Chapter II

EMPLOYMENT OF MINORS

ART. 139. Minimum employable age. - (a) No child below fifteen (15) years of age shall be employed, except when he works directly under the sole responsibility of his parents or guardian, and his employment does not in any way interfere with his schooling.

(B) Any person between fifteen (15) and eighteen (18) years of age may be employed for such number of hours and such periods of the day as determined by the Secretary of Labor and Employment in appropriate regulations.

( c ) The foregoing provisions shall in no case allow the employment of a person below eighteen (18) years of age in an undertaking which is hazardous or deleterious in nature as determined by the Secretary of Labor and Employment.

ART. 140. Prohibition against child discrimination. - No employer shall discriminate against any person in respect to terms and conditions of employment on account of his age.

Can you file estafa charges against someone if the complainant is not a filipino citizen?

Yup, as long as the crime took place here in our country, our criminal law does not make any distinction. Under the so-called "principle of generality," criminal law applies to all who live and sojourn in the Philippines, and that includes alien. Ambassadors (but not consuls), head of states etc., however, are exempted because they enjoy diplomatic immunity.

After installing Win95,  pag restart ng PC may windows protection error. Ano po kaya ang problema?

this is the message posted by windows on screen --> (While iniatializing device IOS. Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer.)

wag ka na mag windows 95 malamang hindi na yon compatible sa mga bagong devices kaya nagkaka problema. tama si extreme, at least win 98 pero gawin mo nang win XP naka P4 ka naman e.

^^ from a layman/computer guy's point of view lang ah; on the fly answer.

there are 2 things you can do:

1.  manually search for your file sa temporary internet files

2.  if you know the file name/file format do a search of your hard disc.

yun lang...

searching the temporary internet files is the solution.

1. you can find out the location of the temporary files from the Tools->Internet Options menu if IE.

2. search that folder for files with *.avi, *.mpg, or *.wmv extensions.

3. if there are too many results, sort results by descending file size.

4. by trial and error, play the big files one by one until you find the video you want.

5. send us the video!

Guest Leviticus
Somebody put a password in the user account, is there a way to remove it not by reformatting OS WinXP Pro. Please advise

This is easy enough to do:

If you know the admin (ADMINISTRATOR) password;

at the log-in window type ADMIN as user name and type the password then either change the password of the user in control panel->users

or

restart your computer, tap F8 while booting then select SAFE MODE. do user adjustments as above.

hope this helps.

Guest Leviticus

^^Easy enough to answer. from an internet search:

Access point is a hardware or software that acts as a communications hub for wireless device/s to connect to a network lan.

router is a device that forwards data packets along networks.

therefore; any network hub is considered as a router whether it be wireless or not while access point is an essential hardware (or software as the definition states) to connect wireless network devices on a pre-existing local area network.

ako naman...

for APACHE web hosts...

HOW DO I LOAD A WEBPAGE TO AN APACHE WEB HOST?

any website or info would be appreciated.

all you have to do is to upload the pages (and pictures, etc) to the webserver. webhosting servers usually provides ftp access for you to upload your stuff.

dynamic content, guestbooks, forums? that's another story.

I need help, I have a wi-fi adaptor (3com) for my pc connected to air express in an office outside my office (a few meters away)...

i connect quite low in signal strength and get kicked out frequently,

sometime a message flashes that "there are more wireless connections" when it detects another wireless switch in the building, and seemingly it kicks me out...

it's frustrating...

are my settings wrong? what's going on? every ten minutes siguro na-ki-kick out ako.. i don't think it's the signal strength naman, just when it detects that other hub..

help!

Edited by ElRey

Question number 2: computer manyaks...

I'm in the market for a laptoP::::

choice number 1: Apple Mac 12" combo drive (no dvd writer, is this absolutely essential?) 1.33 GHZ pwer pc G4 80mb HDD (should i opt for more)

this will cost approx. P72K in singapore...

or just a regular run of the mill PC laptop which costs around there, if not even more...

come on boys and girls, pros and cons, help me make an intelligent decision...

yung Estafa under RTC if ever na macoconvict ang accused (around Php180,000 only) may kulong ba cya? how many years, and if ever magaapeal yung accused, nakakulong ba cya habang inaappeal?

From the Revised Penal Code:

"Art. 315. Swindling (estafa). — Any person who shall defraud another by any of the means mentioned hereinbelow shall be punished by:

1st. The penalty of prision correccional in its maximum period to prision mayor in its minimum period, if the amount of the fraud is over 12,000 pesos but does not exceed 22,000 pesos, and if such amount exceeds the latter sum, the penalty provided in this paragraph shall be imposed in its maximum period, adding one year for each additional 10,000 pesos; but the total penalty which may be imposed shall not exceed twenty years. In such cases, and in connection with the accessory penalties which may be imposed under the provisions of this Code, the penalty shall be termed prision mayor or reclusion temporal, as the case may be."

Since the amount is Php 180,000, the Court in its discretion may impose the maximum penalty (twenty years). Applying the above provision, since the amount is above 22,000, then the maximum of prision mayor in the minimum is imposable (6 years and 1 day). Since the amount exceeds Php 22,000, then one year for every Php 10,000 increment, so roughly that's Php 138,000 (180 less 22). So that's 14 years, and since the provision determines a year added for any amount above the threshold of Php 22,000 then that's 14 years. Plus the initial 6 years and 1 day, then the total imposable penalty by virtue of the amount is above the twenty year maximum allowed by the law. The judge, in its infinite wisdom, can apply the twenty year penalty, but may opt not to. Now I say this is possible since it is still the discretion of the RTC judge on what is the penalty imposable as it is the trier of the facts.

Bail is allowed as a matter of right except when evidence of guilt is strong. Now since the person has been convicted by the lower court, then evidence of guilt is not only strong, but has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. By strict application, bail is denied outright, but may still be allowed. After all, anything can happen.

I hope this helps.

From the Revised Penal Code:

"Art. 315. Swindling (estafa). — Any person who shall defraud another by any of the means mentioned hereinbelow shall be punished by:

1st. The penalty of prision correccional in its maximum period to prision mayor in its minimum period, if the amount of the fraud is over 12,000 pesos but does not exceed 22,000 pesos, and if such amount exceeds the latter sum, the penalty provided in this paragraph shall be imposed in its maximum period, adding one year for each additional 10,000 pesos; but the total penalty which may be imposed shall not exceed twenty years. In such cases, and in connection with the accessory penalties which may be imposed under the provisions of this Code, the penalty shall be termed prision mayor or reclusion temporal, as the case may be."

Since the amount is Php 180,000, the Court in its discretion may impose the maximum penalty (twenty years). Applying the above provision, since the amount is above 22,000, then the maximum of prision mayor in the minimum is imposable (6 years and 1 day). Since the amount exceeds Php 22,000, then one year for every Php 10,000 increment, so roughly that's Php 138,000 (180 less 22). So that's 14 years, and since the provision determines a year added for any amount above the threshold of Php 22,000 then that's 14 years. Plus the initial 6 years and 1 day, then the total imposable penalty by virtue of the amount is above the twenty year maximum allowed by the law. The judge, in its infinite wisdom, can apply the twenty year penalty, but may opt not to. Now I say this is possible since it is still the discretion of the RTC judge on what is the penalty imposable as it is the trier of the facts.

Bail is allowed as a matter of right except when evidence of guilt is strong. Now since the person has been convicted by the lower court, then evidence of guilt is not only strong, but has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. By strict application, bail is denied outright, but may still be allowed. After all, anything can happen.

I hope this helps.

[/fo

Thanks for the info and explanation.