Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

I see... having a child is not a good reason JUST to get married.

i agree. both of you should really think hard about the consequences. have a long and honest talk.

as a guide, here is what you should ask yourselves:

1. are you ready, financially and emotionally?

2. if you decide not to get married: what will be your agreement?

3. do you plan to discuss this w/ your folks?

4. what could be the worst thing that could happen?

Magkakababy na sir..

Is that an answer for both questions? Wala bang work around?

Just voicing out my unsolicited opinion: Mariage is heaven if both of you are ready to go through with it FOR LIFE. But if not, it could easily turn to hell. That's why a lot of couples nowadays are resorting to legal separation and worse...annulment. So who is the loser in the end? The children? the couple themselves? I think all of them. Because they are all deprived of a chance to be happy. Well and good if all of them will be able to cope. Sadly, its very seldom na nangyayari ito. So if both of you are ready to face married life together for the rest of your life... GO FOR IT. If your only reason is the forthcoming baby...think about it very seriously. You don't want the baby to be a product of a broken family would you? God bless.

Just voicing out my unsolicited opinion: Mariage is heaven if both of you are ready to go through with it FOR LIFE. But if not, it could easily turn to hell. That's why a lot of couples nowadays are resorting to legal separation and worse...annulment. So who is the loser in the end? The children? the couple themselves? I think all of them. Because they are all deprived of a chance to be happy. Well and good if all of them will be able to cope. Sadly, its very seldom na nangyayari ito. So if both of you are ready to face married life together for the rest of your life... GO FOR IT. If your only reason is the forthcoming baby...think about it very seriously. You don't want the baby to be a product of a broken family would you? God bless.

ditto...

no need to rush my friend.

remember that regrets always come at the end.

as jojo mentioned: be aware that you're making a decision which will affect the future of three not two people.

is there any law that would prohibit an employee from filing a resignation letter?

There is no law that prohibits an employee from filing a resignation letter. The law only requires that the employee must serve a written notice to his employer at least one month in advance.

Edited by duralife
webmaster,

do you know the process of legal adoption??? what are the steps we have to take?? like where to go first DSWD or through the regional Trial Court??

thanks

:)

go to the DSWD ..or you may consult a lawyer who handles adoption.

webmaster,

do you know the process of legal adoption??? what are the steps we have to take?? like where to go first DSWD or through the regional Trial Court??

thanks

go to the DSWD ..or you may consult a lawyer who handles adoption. you don't go straight to the RTC family court because you need to prepare certain documents to support your petition for adoption. Ask a DSWD employee, they will provide you a checklist of the documents needed for the adoption, then you consult a lawyer for the court processes.

go to the DSWD ..or you may consult a lawyer who handles adoption.

go to the DSWD ..or you may consult a lawyer who handles adoption. you don't go straight to the RTC family court because you need to prepare certain documents to support your petition for adoption. Ask a DSWD employee, they will provide you a checklist of the documents needed for the adoption, then you consult a lawyer for the court processes.

thank you so much sir..wil do that..i'm planning to do it next year..

i saw an advertisement which requires applicants to be non-smokers. to me, this is pure discrimination. this is illegal right?

Nope, this is perfectly legal. As a general rule, the employer has the prerogative of choosing who it wants to hire. So, if they want to hire non-smokers, they are perfectly within their rights.

hello!

is there a law that promotes equal employment opportunities?

i saw an advertisement which requires applicants to be non-smokers.

to me, this is pure discrimination. this is illegal right?

what law can i quote for this?

thanks.

i saw an advertisement which requires applicants to be non-smokers. to me, this is pure discrimination. this is illegal right?

Nope, this is perfectly legal. As a general rule, the employer has the prerogative of choosing who it wants to hire. So, if they want to hire non-smokers, they are perfectly within their rights.

it seems that filipino society isn't mature enough to promote equal employment opportunities just like in the us. :(

it seems that filipino society isn't mature enough to promote equal employment opportunities just like in the us. :(

Very true! For example. there are some companies which hire only members of a certain religious group. This company (a milk company) holds office somewhere at the South. I won't say the name of the company for legal reasons. But just imagine: a religious group promoting fairness and equality and yet, discriminating against those who don't belong in their religious group? Talk about being a hypocrite.

webmaster,

thanks

One needs to file a petition in the Regional Trial Court of course. It will be the court who will assign a DSWD social worker to conduct a home study to determine the fitness of the prospective adopters, unless of course the petitioner is an alien who is a former filipino citizen. In the latter case, a home study conducted by an accredited agency by the Inter-Country Adoption Board of the Philippines must be attached to the petition itself, which means to say, a home study will be conducted first prior to the filing of the petition for adoption.

PM me for details. Hope this helps.

Very true! For example. there are some companies which hire only members of a certain religious group. This company (a milk company) holds office somewhere at the South. I won't say the name of the company for legal reasons. But just imagine: a religious group promoting fairness and equality and yet, discriminating against those who don't belong in their religious group? Talk about being a hypocrite.

i agree. we need some legislation that promotes eeo.

tanong lang po...

i have a friend, guy cia. may gf cia ngaun. ung girl married (legally lang, pero hindi sa church). ung girl ayaw na sa asawa nya pero hindi pa sila legally annulled/divorce. pinaguusapan pa nilang mag-asawa yung terms. tanggap narin nung guy na wala na talaga sila.

here's the question:

1. what if mabuntis ng friend ko yung girl, anong magiging apelyido at middle initial nung bata?

-lets say yung name ng guy na asawa: Aga Muhlach. ung girl: Charlene Gonzalez Muhlach. and yung friend ko:Deither Ocampo.

- pag pinanganak ba yung bata, pwde nya kunin ang surname nung friend ko which is Ocampo and ang magiging middle name nya ba is Gonzales (which is the surname of girl before getting married?) if Lucky ang first name ng bata, magiging Lucky Gonzales Ocampo ba ang name ng bata?

2. may legal liability ba ung friend ko at gf nya if ever mabuntis yung girl? (alam ko magiging liability lang yun pag nag sampa ng case yung asawa for ADULTERY db? pag nagkaganun, walang lusot yung friend ko at gf nya right?

pasensiya na po sa mahabang tanong. :) i hope malinawan nyo po ako dito.. thanks! :)

Edited by duayne

1. what if mabuntis ng friend ko yung girl, anong magiging apelyido at middle initial nung bata?

Sa ilalim ng batas, hangga't kasal si babae sa asawa niya, lahat ng anak ng babae ay ipinapalagay na anak nila ng kanyang asawa (see Concepcion v. CA, Aug. 31, 2005; Cabatania v. CA, 441 SCRA 96). Kaya ang dapat na middle name at apelyido nung bata ay Gonzalez Muhlach pa rin. Ito ay kahit na sabihin pa ni babae na ang ama ay si Diether Ocampo (sa ilalim ng Art. 167 ng Family Code, walang bigat at bisa ang ganitong deklarasyon).

Ang pwede lang mag-kwestiyon kung sino ang tunay na ama nung bata ay ang asawa, hindi ang babae, hindi ang ibang tao, kaya di pwede na ilagay na Ocampo ang apelyido nung bata dahil parang pinayagan mo nang ma-kwestiyon ng ibang tao ang pinanggalingan nung bata.

2. may legal liability ba ung friend ko at gf nya if ever mabuntis yung girl? (alam ko magiging liability lang yun pag nag sampa ng case yung asawa for ADULTERY db? pag nagkaganun, walang lusot yung friend ko at gf nya right?

right, pag naghabla yung asawa at napatunayan na iba ang ama, yari silang dalawa (penalty of prision correccional - up to 6years imprisonment).

tanong lang po...

i have a friend, guy cia. may gf cia ngaun. ung girl married (legally lang, pero hindi sa church). ung girl ayaw na sa asawa nya pero hindi pa sila legally annulled/divorce. pinaguusapan pa nilang mag-asawa yung terms. tanggap narin nung guy na wala na talaga sila.

here's the question:

-lets say yung name ng guy na asawa: Aga Muhlach. ung girl: Charlene Gonzalez Muhlach. and yung friend ko:Deither Ocampo.

- pag pinanganak ba yung bata, pwde nya kunin ang surname nung friend ko which is Ocampo and ang magiging middle name nya ba is Gonzales (which is the surname of girl before getting married?) if Lucky ang first name ng bata, magiging Lucky Gonzales Ocampo ba ang name ng bata?

pasensiya na po sa mahabang tanong. :) i hope malinawan nyo po ako dito.. thanks! :)