• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

i have a problem here

Recently my PC started up with a grinding sound so i turned it off,

turned it on again after 1 minute ganun padin. I left my PC unused for couple of days tas ok na. What do you think is the problem. My hard disk has been unstable for white sometime now pero ngayon ok naman.

If hard disk or memory and may sira, posible kayang if i do memory intensive stuff or things that will make my PC use up more resources like games then baka may chance na may masunog sa loob or may masira?

Thanks in advance. Anyway i plan to upgrade rin naman soon just asking.

kapag maingay like cracking sounds, i think that sounds eminates from any rotating source like harddisk lalo na kapag nagbabasa or sumusulat siya sa disk. kasi parang ganun din ang tunog kapag nagbabasa ang floppy disk at cdrom.

Pañeros and pañeras:

I have a bit of a problem, my knowledge on labor law is rusty at best. I seek the learned opinions of esteemed colleagues in MTC.

Firstly, if a probationary employee has passed the perfromance appraisal, albeit barely (76 on passing rate of 75 out of 100), is the employer without recourse to terminate him?

Secondly, may an employer validly refuse the issuance of a property clearance and/or COEs of an employee who resigned abruptly (meaning non compliance with 30 day notice rule)?

Finally, a contractual employee has finished his contract and is being eyed for a more permanent employment by the owner. Since the contract of employment included a premium (since no other benefits accrue, a 10% premium was added on top of the normal salary rate for the position), would there be a diminution of benefits if the employee goes through the normal probationary status (6 months) and the 10% premium was removed?

I have an idea of the attack, just seeking other learned opinions.

Thanks!

linus larrabee

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

- Robert Frost, “The Road Not Taken”(1920)

hello, shadowfang!

good luck. just remember, when asked if you hear voices at night, your answer should be no.

seriously though, if i remember right, the entrance exam for ateneo law focuses on your capability to analyze facts. so if you really want to study for it, you may want to review your intro to logic books. (but you know what? no one i know ever studied for the ateneo law entrance exams. and believe me, i know a lot of people who studied or who are studying there.)

i just noticed that you were interested in getting a scholarship. if you want to go to a good law school but you are worried about the costs, you may want to take the UP LAE.

while there are scholarships offered in ateneo law, the cost of studying there is a bit high. the campus is in rockwell. so, unless you're planning to eat at home all the time, you'll be spending at least P20 more for each meal. they also require students to wear business attire. so if you're male, be prepared to buy or have barongs made. if you're female, ok na ang slacks and blazers.

Hi! Anyone here has a syllabus of "Dean Cesar Villanueva's" corporation law outline?I badly need it. Im currently taking up law in a lesser known school. I am really weak in commercial law. If anyone here could give me an ATENEO OR UP reviewer on mercantile law especially their magic notes. If you have Tristan Katindig's notes please forward me some.Thanks more power to MTC

Hi tentacle! I'll keep that in mind,,, :)

I heard the test includes cases, where you'll decide if a certain law applies to it,,,

Actually, it's not studying. It's more of preparing. :D

I also like UP Law. However, I feel I'll be more comfortable in AL.

It's worth the cost. Really costly, though.

Thanks a lot!  :cool:

Remember this, if you don't know the answer right away to any number, skip it and move on to the next. Balikan mo na lang later. Time management is half the battle. Oh, and get a good night's sleep the night before. Sluggish brain equals wasted application fee.

Hi tentacle! I'll keep that in mind,,, :)

I heard the test includes cases, where you'll decide if a certain law applies to it,,,

Oh, that. Don't worry, you don't have to review laws. The questions are structured so that it first discusses the law (or quotes a provision of law) then you're given several situations. You'll have to determine if the law discussed applies to the situations given. So, all you really need to do is to understand the law.

I also like UP Law. However, I feel I'll be more comfortable in AL.

It's worth the cost. Really costly, though.

My thoughts exactly. And it also helped that AL is so organized that you don't really have to deal with stuff other than studying (or having fun.)

And boibastos is right, have plenty of sleep and eat breakfast before the exam. It's difficult to answer questions when you're sleepy or hungry.

I always thought being up all night before the exam and on the verge of a hang-over helps in passing the exam. :)

Oh, that. Don't worry, you don't have to review laws. The questions are structured so that it first discusses the law (or quotes a provision of law) then you're given several situations. You'll have to determine if the law discussed applies to the situations given. So, all you really need to do is to understand the law.

My thoughts exactly. And it also helped that AL is so organized that you don't really have to deal with stuff other than studying (or having fun.)

And boibastos is right, have plenty of sleep and eat breakfast before the exam. It's difficult to answer questions when you're sleepy or hungry.

isn't it supposed to be an aptitude exam...meaning determining the capacity of the applicant...rather than knowledge exam...one designed to test your acquired knowledge...

it isnt just the cost of the school...there are many other costs to consider when undergoing law school...not unless you have a blank check then thank your high heavens for the support...

good luck on your exam...may the force be with you...

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost, “The Road Not Taken”(1920)

Questions lang para sa mga abogados at wannabe abogados:

Can a legal easement be pursued with indemnification over a homestead prior to the lapse of the prohibitory period for any encumbrance or disposition?

If the indemnication was documented as DOAS, will this be material?

You may answer as a cold impartial judge or as lawyer for the dominant estate.

This is an actual case.

Hello mga attorneys na gwapo ng MTC. :mtc: I just need you guys to shed me some light on this issue.

My brother, an undergraduate is currently working at a Bank as a clerk (ung nagaayus ng mga envelopes) due to some financial situation (f**k You Platinum plans! :thumbsdownsmiley: ) anyway.. so ayun nag work nga xa.. eventually there's an employee na palakas sa manager nila sa night shift at sinumbong xa na natutulog daw though my brother is denying it. anyway to cut the story short he was transferred to the morning shift because of what happened. Unfortunately the Manager assigned in the evning and the one in the morning is not in good terms. There are some hearsays that the manager on the morning shift would not accept employees that were handled by the manager on the evening shift. So in short naiipit yung kapatid ko. he was able to go to work for several days in the morning shift but a while ago he was instructed by the am mgr to go back to the evening shift and she clearly stated that she doesn't accept undergraduates to pile the envelopes. TO PILE THE ENVELOPES! to be sent to the customers. my brother now is in pending status, he cannot go to work because the morning shift doesnt want to accept him and the mgr on the evening shift would do the same because she believed on what the straw employee told her.

Now here are my questions:

1. Are they violating the Labor Code? the reason why I asked this is, first of, my brother signed a contract. Can the am manager tell him that she's not accepting undergrads on her shift though my brother signed a contract to work with them?

2. In the event that we have proven that she have undergrads on her shift (pertaining to the am manager), what charges can we file if there is?

3. In the event that my brother was called to get back to work, is there a possibility to extend his working days on the contract since they forced him to leave?

4. Last, if we have proven that he's not sleeping on the evening shift, is that Libel against the other employee?

I will greatly appreciate all your suggestions mga kapatid. Maraming salamat po. :thumbsupsmiley: :mtc: