Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Foreigners are not allowed to own lands in the Philippines.  Strictly speaking, a Filipino who lost their citizenship are supposed to dispose of their landholdings in the Philippines or face the confiscation thereof by the Philippine government.  So unless your parents have not lost their citizenship (by becoming full US citizens), they should not be owning any land in the Philippines.  Note that it does not say that they cannot, only that if they do and the government finds out, they can lose it.  :(

On the part of your  citizenship, you must determine if you are considered a Filipino in the Philippines.  Being born in the US is not really a reason why you cannot be considered to be a Filipino.  If you are registered in the Philippine census as a child of Filipinos, then you can be considered to be a Filipino citizen and thus can own real properties in the Philippines.  But because you are also a US citizen (I assume), you run the same risks as your parents.

To be safe, if you want to own a residential real property in the Philippines, your best bet is to purchase condominium units instead.  Foreigners are allowed to own as much as 40% of a condominium project (meaning if there are 100 units in a condominium bldg., foreigners can own 40 units).

Hope this helps. :)

thank you for the response! i'm looking to buy 20 hectares. the land my parents own are in my cousin's name and can/will be deeded over to my dad.

any ideas on how i can buy the 20 hectares? should i buy this under someone else that's a filipino citizen and have a binding contract with them? what about setting up a partnership with other filipino citizens and buy the land through the partnership?

guys i hav a question bout networking, heres the scenario

for instance i hav a newly installed LAN, and the problem is that i cannot receive or send a message, but if u check the connection, ok nman cya, is it on the settings or s isp?

hope u cud help me, coz la kong lam bout it, thnx

20 hectares?!? That's pretty big. Well, a way around this would be risky in the sense that the person you will deal with must be really trusted, otherwise you run the risk of actually losing the land not to the government but to the person who will "front" for you.

Organizing a partnership is actually not much of an option either as all it takes is majority vote and you're over-ruled. Considering that land ownership is limited to 60% Filipino owned entities, that's roughly 2:1 odds. Some people organize corporations with a lot of ownership layering so that the effective ownership of the foreigner is more than 40% but are you sure you would want to go through that route? It tends to be very complicated just to own 20 hectares of land.

I can be done if you really want to, but the question is are you really that determined?

if you have windows xp with sp2, check the firewall settings... tweaking that may help. if you're not using any internet based application tapos tumatakbo ung send/recieve counter sa local area connection settings mo, possible u have a worm virus running in you system kaya di ka maka-connect(ginagamit ng worm lahat ng bandwidth ng internet connection mo)

if your are running a proxy server on an internet gateway, try this:

to really check if you have connection to your internet server, find out unp ip address ng server and ung clients mo. tapos punta ka sa Start>Run... then type and enter command. pagdating sa balck DOS screen na may "c:>windows" type mo "ping [insert server ip address here]" then enter... may lalabas na stats at sasabihin nun kung may network connection ka sa internet server gateway o proxy server.

sa IE o kung ano mang browser meron ka, i-configure mo ung connection settings sa Tools>Option>Connections Tab>Lan Settings... at duun mo ilagay ung ip ng gateway mo o proxy server. pag gateway gamit mo, ilagay mo lang ung ip address sa taas na field na may name na automatic config script, pag proxy server sa baba.

kung LAN hub/router/dsl modem naman nakakabit PC mo, try mo to:

kung okay naman un connection, check mo ung settings ng connection sa browser. kadalasan may sariling ip address ung LAN Hub/router/dsl modem all-in-one. refer ka sa equip manual kung ano ito. tapos i-enter mo ung mga ip and dns numbers sa window na to. pag-IE gamit mo, the connection options are found sa menu- Tools>Options then Connection tab. sa baba ng window click mo ung lan settings. Normal dude may brochure ung LAN hub mo kung anong numbers ang ilalagay mo dito at kung saang field mo sila ilalagay.

Good Day mam/sirs!

Is it possible in the new family code that an illegitimate baby can already use the fathers surname?

If yes, paano kaya ang process?

Thanks in advance sa advise!

By the way im asking this for my lady friends that works in a club i just want to help to them in anyway i can.

Again, many thanks in advance sa mga experts!

Guest boatman61

Just installed yahoo messenger 6.0.0.1922 yesterday. whenever I start the proggy, two pop ups automatically comes out: 1) yahoo insider and 2) a message nag screen (see pic). I could disable the yahoo insider from Preferences but could not figure out how to disable the annoying nag screen when I start ym. Alam nyo ba paano disable to? Please share the steps. Tia.

eto pala ang nag screen that automatically starts when you open ym.

Good Day mam/sirs!

Is it possible in the new family code that an illegitimate baby can already use the fathers surname?

If yes, paano kaya ang process?

Thanks in advance sa advise!

By the way im asking this for my lady friends that works in a club i just want to help to them in anyway i can.

Again, many thanks in advance sa mga experts!

tsinito24,

Pre, under Art. 176 of the Family Code, an illegitimate child must use the surname of the mother.

However, last year, this provision was amended by R.A. No. 9255. The effect of the amendment is that kung recognized nung tatay yung bata sa birth certificate, or in an affidavit or any document, the illegtimate child may use the surname of the father. Kausapain na lang nila yung local civil registrar sa lugar nila.

In both cases, mahalaga dito is obligadong magbigay ng support yung tatay.

Hope that helped.

wrouye

Just installed yahoo messenger 6.0.0.1922 yesterday. whenever I start the proggy, two pop ups automatically comes out: 1) yahoo insider and 2) a message nag screen (see pic). I could disable the yahoo insider from Preferences but could not figure out how to disable the annoying nag screen when I start ym. Alam nyo ba paano disable to? Please share the steps. Tia.

eto pala ang nag screen that automatically starts when you open ym.

That only happens if you have a mobile device and you logged out without signing into your mobile device. If you would really like to disable it, just remove your mobile device from Yahoo Messenger. :headsetsmiley:

Can anyone help me? I recently purchased a 200GB SATA drive and I have it in my desktop. My problem is that the drive occassionally causes the system to freeze for a minute or two as it spins, making it difficult to use as well as copy files into from another system. Why does this happen? Thanks in advance! :D

bad connection or u dont the proper drivers installed...

does ur sata drive encased in a mobile "pullout" casing?

maybe its not your sata drive but ur ram, coz when ram is inadequate windows uses the drive

as a memory like ram and this feature is normally on on first install of windows...

check out your cable connections as well.

also recommended, run diagnostics tool from ur hd manufacturer when available.

What's better for u guys? AMD or Intel?

Desktop: AMD (latest offerings) :boo:

Mobile: Intel Pentium M (never Pentium 4 or Prescott...you'll literally fry your...lap?)

Server: (If management will apprive it...) AMD (most likely you'll end up with an Intel processor...)

*If you can find a motherboard for a Pentium M, you could use the Pentium M for your desktop...it's great for overclocking and has a better performance than the Pentium 4 if you can clock it at the same speed. :P

bad connection or u dont the proper drivers installed...

does ur sata drive encased in a mobile "pullout" casing?

maybe its not your sata drive but ur ram, coz when ram is inadequate windows uses the drive

as a memory like ram and this feature is normally on on first install of windows...

check out your cable connections as well.

also recommended, run diagnostics tool from ur hd manufacturer when available.

Hmm, it can't be the connection because I also have an 80GB drive that ran fine. That was the one I replaced...

The drive is mounted on the rack so there's nothing between it and the cable...

I have 1GB RAM so it can't be limited RAM...

I tried different combinations and cables as well...

I'll try to download the latest from the manufacturer. Aren't SATA drives from different manufacturers supposed to be able to work together? :unsure:

Well, I spoke to the service department rep of the manufacturer of the drive. He advised that it might be a factory defect and I should send it back for replacement. I have to start backing up my data then. :(

Thanks for the tips tho! :cool:

Hmm, it can't be the connection because I also have an 80GB drive that ran fine. That was the one I replaced...

The drive is mounted on the rack so there's nothing between it and the cable...

I have 1GB RAM so it can't be limited RAM...

I tried different combinations and cables as well...

I'll try to download the latest from the manufacturer. Aren't SATA drives from different manufacturers supposed to be able to work together? :unsure:

Well, I spoke to the service department rep of the manufacturer of the drive. He advised that it might be a factory defect and I should send it back for replacement. I have to start backing up my data then. :(

Thanks for the tips tho!  :cool:

Hmm, SATA drives are very tricky.

We're also having problems with them here at the office. We bought a server for FTP and the SATA drives are just causing problems.

I won't be purchasing any SATA drives anytime soon.

Hmm, SATA drives are very tricky.

We're also having problems with them here at the office.  We bought a server for FTP and the SATA drives are just causing problems.

I won't be purchasing any SATA drives anytime soon.

Well, in case these don't prove reliable, at least I have SATA-to-PATA adapters to fall back on. I guess I just have to replace the SATA drives with regular EIDE drives. :(

sir:

i have this problem with MAPSA, maybe you could help me, the last week of January, a MAPSA guy in yellow uniform caught me with color coding, so I was given a ticket for it, so since I said I will just drive safely the next time, but then more than two months had past so I thought of claiming my license so I went to their office, so when I was goin to pay the fine, the lady hand me over the paper on it, I was shock that the penalty was P1,6+++ something. I was expecting just a fine of P300.00 only, so my complain is, sir, don't you think that they are pulling our legs or meaning they're taking advantage of our pockets, how can we take actions accordingly, I think we should give them some sort of wake up call or "sapak", kasi up to now I haven't taken my license back. Help naman sir. Thanks :mtc: :( :angry: